Sea Green Eyes

By ACourtOfStories

Cressida Lynn's life had been terrible, yes, but that was in the past. For once, her life was actually...goo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
A/N
Demigods & Magicians - Part One (Percy & Carter)
Demigods & Magicians - Part Two (Cressida & Sadie)
Demigods & Magicians - Part Three (Cressida & Sadie)
Demigods & Magicians - Part Four
Demigods & Magicians - Part Five
The Trials of Apollo - Part One
Trials of Apollo - Part Two
Trials of Apollo - Part Three
Trials of Apollo - Part Four
Trails of Apollo - Part Five
Trials of Apollo - Part Six
Trials of Apollo - Part Seven
Trials of Apollo - Part Eight
Trials of Apollo - Part Nine
Magnus Chase and the Ship of the Dead - Part One
Magnus Chase and the Ship of the Dead - Part Two
The Sun and the Star - Part One
The Sun and the Star - Part Two
The Sun and the Star - Part Three
The Sun and the Star - Part Four
The Chalice of the Gods - Part One
The Chalice of the Gods - Part Two
The Chalice of the Gods - Part Three
The Chalice of the Gods - Part Four
The Chalice of the Gods - Part Five
The Chalice of the Gods - Part Six
The Chalice of the Gods - Part Seven
The Chalice of the Gods - Part Eight
The Chalice of the Gods - Part Nine

Chapter 31

728 29 2
By ACourtOfStories

They didn't make it to the ship.

Halfway across the dock, three giant eagles descended in front of them. Each deposited a Roman commando in purple and denim with glittering gold armour, sword, and shield. The eagles flew away, and the Roman in the middle, who was scrawnier than the others, raised his visor.

"Surrender to Rome!" Octavian shrieked.

Hazel drew her cavalry sword and grumbled, "Fat chance, Octavian."

Annabeth cursed while Cressida had the audacity to bust out laughing. "You really think you can take us?"

"Can we try peace first?" Piper asked as she raised her hands in a placating gesture. "Octavian, what happened at camp was a setup. We can explain."

"Can't hear you!" Octavian yelled. "Wax in our ears—standard procedure when battling evil sirens. Now, throw down your weapons and turn around slowly so I can bind your hands."

"Let me skewer him," Hazel muttered. "Please."

"Oh, no," Cressida said as she walked forward casually. "I have a better idea."

She made no move to draw her spear or use her fire as she walked halfway between them and the Romans, the Romans backing up slightly as Octavian's friends brandished their swords.

"Surrender, girl!" he spat at her, and her eyes burst into flames for dramatic effect.

"If you're going to brand us enemies," she said, her head angling to the side. "You have to know your enemies. For example, I'm the daughter of Dionysus. And these are my friends that you are threatening. I'm rather dangerous when annoyed and another god just royally pissed me off and we won't be going anywhere with you."

And grapevines burst out of the Charleston harbour as they wrapped around the three Romans, holding them tight.

Octavian began hurling insults and threats if they didn't let them go as they struggled, and all Cressida did was wave her hand as another vine grew to wrap around his mouth.

"I've been wanting to do that since I came back to life," Hazel grinned as Cressida turned back to her friends.

"Shall we?" Cressida asked as she gestured to the ship and the Charleston harbour erupted.

A wall of saltwater washed over the Romans as Cressida felt her grapevines sink back into the sea floor and she let them because while the other girls wore looks of horror on their faces, she just rolled her eyes as she put her hands on her hips and the water began to recede.

When the wall of seawater subsided, the three Romans were in the bay, spluttering and frantically trying to stay afloat in their armour.

Percy stood on the dock with a grin on his face.

"I felt your vines. Thought you could use a hand," he said as his girlfriend walked over to him.

"I had it under control, but that's sweet," she said as she kissed his cheek.

"Guys," Hazel interrupted. She had a little smile on her face. "We need to hurry."

Down in the water, Octavian yelled, "Get me out of here! I'll kill you!"

"Tempting," Percy called down.

"What?" Octavian shouted. He was holding on to one of his guards, who was having trouble keeping them both afloat.

"Nothing!" Percy shouted back. "Let's go, guys."

Hazel frowned. "We can't let them drown, can we?"

"Sure we can," Cressida said and Percy just elbowed her arm.

"They won't," Percy promised. "I've got the water circulating around their feet. As soon as we're out of range, I'll spit them ashore."

Piper grinned. "Nice."

They climbed aboard the Argo II, and Annabeth ran to the helm. "Piper, get below. Use the sink in the galley for an Iris message. Warn Jason to get back here!" Piper nodded and raced off. "Hazel, go find Coach Hedge and tell him to get his furry hindquarters on deck!"

"Right!"

"And Percy—you and I need to get this ship to Fort Sumter."

"I got the crossbow!" Cressida called as she ran for the weapon she'd been dying to operate.

Her aim was flawless as she incapacitated the Romans that tried to board their ship as Percy ran for the mast. Ropes flew on their own—releasing the dock ties, weighing the anchor. The sails unfurled and caught the wind. Meanwhile, Annabeth fired the engine. The oars extended with a sound like machine-gun fire, and the Argo II turned from the dock, heading for the island in the distance.

The three eagles still circled overhead, but they made no attempt to land on the ship, probably because Festus the figurehead blew fire whenever they got close. More eagles were flying in formation toward Fort Sumter—at least a dozen. If each of them carried a Roman demigod...that was a lot of enemies.

Cressida debated shooting at them but no good would come of it as she would've sealed the idea that they were enemies.

Coach Hedge came pounding up the stairs with Hazel at his hooves. "Where are they?" he demanded. "Who do I kill?"

"No killing!" Cressida scolded. "Help me keep the Roman's away from the ship!"

"But they interrupted a Chuck Norris movie!"

"Gleeson!"

"Got it!"

Piper emerged from below. "Got a message through to Jason. Kind of fuzzy, but he's already on his way. He should be—oh! There!"

Soaring over the city, heading in their direction, was a giant bald eagle, unlike the golden Roman birds.

"Frank!" Hazel said. Leo was holding on to the eagle's feet, and even from the ship, you could hear Leo cursing and screaming. Behind them flew Jason, riding the wind. 

"Never seen Jason fly before," Percy grumbled. "He looks like a blond Superman."

"Hey, Captain Nemo!" his girlfriend called, and she smirked at him. "Superman's overrated. I've always loved Aquaman."

And he grinned at her before Piper scolded, "This isn't the time! They're in trouble!"

Sure enough, the Roman flying chariot had descended from a cloud and was diving straight toward them. Jason and Frank veered out of the way, pulling up to avoid getting trampled by the pegasi. The charioteers fired their bows. Arrows whistled under Leo's feet, which led to more screaming and cursing. Jason and Frank were forced to overshoot the Argo II and fly toward Fort Sumter.

"I'll get 'em!" yelled Coach Hedge. He spun the port ballista.

"NO!" Cressida screamed but it was pointless.

Hedge fired. A flaming spear rocketed toward the chariot. It exploded over the heads of the pegasi and threw them into a panic. Unfortunately, it also singed Frank's wings and sent him spiralling out of control. Leo slipped from his grasp. The chariot shot toward Fort Sumter, slamming into Jason. Annabeth watched in horror as Jason—obviously dazed and in pain —lunged for Leo, caught him, and then struggled to gain altitude. He only managed to slow their fall. They disappeared behind the ramparts of the fort. Frank tumbled after them. Then the chariot dropped somewhere inside and hit with a bone-shattering CRACK! One broken wheel spun into the air.

"GLEESON!" Cressida shouted.

"What?" Hedge demanded. "That was just a warning shot!"

"I'll show you a warning shot," Cressida said as she started on the satyr only for Percy to intercept her.

Annabeth gunned the engines. The hull shuddered as they picked up speed. The docks of the island were only a hundred yards away now, but a dozen more eagles were soaring overhead, each carrying a Roman demigod in its claws. They would easily be outnumbered at least three to one.

"Percy," Annabeth said, "we're going to come in hard. I need you to control the water so we don't smash into the docks. Once we're there, you're going to have to hold off the attackers. The rest of you help him guard the ship."

"But—Jason!" Piper said.

"Frank and Leo!" Hazel added.

"I'll get the boys," Cressida offered. "I can by Books time to get to the Fort as well."

"Cress, Wise Girl-"

"We'll be fine," Annabeth promised. "I've got to figure out where the map is. And I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who can do that."

"The fort is crawling with Romans," Percy warned. "You'll have to fight your way through, find our friends—assuming they're okay—find this map, and get everybody back alive."

"Just your average demigod day, Aquaman," Cressida said as she kissed him and Annabeth shouted,

"Whatever you do, don't let them take this ship!" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.8K 1.2K 29
Percy Jackson. A 17 year old boy who's eyes hide pain and he enjoys swimming. He walks around and smiles when his few friends talk to him, but, other...
2K 48 25
[Nico di Angelo x OC] Completed! "A life for a life. So, I gave her half of mine." For twelve years, she has kept herself hidden, detached from the c...
36.9K 891 70
"𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙖 𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙥𝙞𝙙 𝙃𝙖𝙡𝙛-𝘽𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙" "𝙉𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙚𝙨" OC x OC Jason x OC In which a young Half-Blood finds her...
59.4K 2.2K 50
((Feel free to read but please know that this still needs some EDITING)) Jason and Aimee have a problem. They don't remember anything before waking u...