Sold Out Of Love | Rafe Camer...

By lauvergirl

𝐈𝐒𝐋𝐀 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍 | moved beside the Camerons after her father, Mark Madison had became business partne... More

𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬
𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥
𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞
𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲?
𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞
𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝
𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞
𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐬
𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬
𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫
𝐢 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐬
𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝
𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫
𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐟
𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭
𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫
𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲
𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐨
𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠
𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡
𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰
𝐖𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲
𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐧
𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐝
𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧
𝐝𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐲'𝐬 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲
𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞
𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠

677 7 0
By lauvergirl

July 11th, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

Rafe held the pregnancy tests inside the palms of his hands. His jaw locked as he stared down at them in disbelief. "You've got to be fucking kidding me." He spoke with his eyes glancing up at me. I nodded and bit the bottom of my lip in pure nervousness. He shook his head,"Get rid of it." He spoke again as he stood up from the bench press and handed me the tests. "Get rid of it, I mean it." He said with anger forming in his voice that made me wince in fear. I shook my head at him and looked up at the tall boy that was towering over my petite body. "I'm keeping it." I told him and backed away from him due to him being upset. Rafe ran his hand over his face to get rid of the sweat that formed on his forehead.

"Isla, you can't keep that child." He said with his blue eyes that seemed unfamiliar to me. I shook my head at him. "I can't do that. I wouldn't be able to live with myself." I told him and looked back up to the tall male that had anger rushing throughout him. His hand grasped onto my arm that was still deeply bruised from the drug dealer that attacked my friend group. His eyes formed a darkness that I had never seen before that made my anxiety rush throughout my blood stream. "I don't see why we need a child right now. You're eighteen and I'm fucked up." He spoke and stared down at me with his eyebrows furrowing. His fingers clasped around my small arms that were fragile enough to break if put force. "You want us to raise a child? A eighteen year old that isn't mature enough to have a baby, and a twenty one year old that is a drug addict. Because that's a great life style to have your kid in!" He spoke with anger forming in his voice as tears started to form in the corners of my eyes. I shook my head.

Rafe looked into my eyes while letting go of his grip away from my bruised arm. "I'm sorry." He told me as he rubbed the spot that was bruised. I shook my head again as tears ran down my cheeks. "If you want to have the child, I'll be the best dad that I can be." He spoke as his eyes had went back to the familiar Rafe that I had known. I never saw his angered side, especially when he turned into someone that I didn't know during that moment. "I get that you're scared but I am too." I told him and tucked the damp curly hair behind my ears. Rafe nodded his head at me as he played with his hands in a form of anxiety. "I'll be the best that I can be to you and our child." He said with gentleness as he kissed the top of my head. "I'm sorry I freaked out and told you to get rid of the child. I'm sorry." He spoke once again.

He wrapped his arms around me. His body had pressed against mine in a gentleness that caused me to feel at peace in the moment. "It'll all be okay. We can go look at homes on Monday so that we can all be together as a family." He said and kissed the top of my forehead once again that made me feel comfort. Looking up at him, his thumb wiped away a tear that fell against my cheek. "It's okay." I told him and looked around at the surroundings that were around his home while the gift stayed in my hand. "Looking for a home right now seems to much. All of this is too much." I mentioned once again and stared at him with uncertainty against my face. He shook his head. His hair blew throughout the warm salty breeze that formed around us. "Baby, you're having my child. I think it's best." He spoke and held onto me with gentleness in his touch.

I shook my head at him again. Staring up into his bright blue eyes that I hoped our child would come out with. "This is all too much. We aren't even in love, we just like each other. Us sleeping together may have not been a mistake but it wasn't the smartest decision. I was drunk yes, but we met literally ten fucking days ago and now I'm pregnant." I told him as the peace started to release away from my body. Rafe stared down at me with sadness forming in his eyes, almost like he could change his emotions within an instant. "I know what you said about me at the country club around your group of friends. Making me out to be some whore." I told him again as my jaw clenched in a bothered mannerism. Rafe had grasped against my hips with both of his large hands. "What do you mean?" He asked with his eyebrows narrowing at the accusation I made.

"You told all of your little friends how I forced you to finish inside of me? Does that ring a bell?" I asked him as he nodded his head, seeming more concerned than trustworthy. His body language changed almost like he was worried to lose me. "I'm sorry." He spoke aloud. I shook my head and broke from his soft grasp. "I don't want to hear your apologies right now. I just wish you would think before you would talk shit about someone that wants to love you and help you." I told him as my hands held onto the present he had gifted me. I started walking away from him, down the driveway that would later lead to mine. I had left him speechless, nothing that I wanted to do but I wasn't going to let go of that issue unless I told him. "Isla! Please." He yelled as he watched my petite body walk down the driveway.  Turning around and walking backwards, I looked at him with pure disappointment forming in my eyes. "Why don't you go tell the whole world that I'm pregnant. Text me when you can actually respect me and want me around." I told him as I shrugged before turning back around with anger forming in my jaw. My hair blew throughout the salt air breeze from the mid-summer sun.

As I made my way back to my house, I heard Rafe throw things in the garage of his own home. His voice echoed as he sat in his own anger that raged over his body. I shrugged off the issues as if it hadn't happened. I walked around the sidewalk of my house while allowing the nervousness and anger to calm down from my body. Heading inside the home, I opened the back door to see my parents sitting at the table still. I smiled at them to cover up the issue and held onto the small gift that Rafe gave me. "How was that sweet boy of yours?" My mother asked as I shut the door behind me quickly to avoid them hearing him throwing things in his garage out of pure anger. "He's great. He said hello." I lied as I started to walk towards my room that JJ was in.

Kaia had been in her bedroom, getting ready for the girls day that I promised her. "Aww, how sweet of him." My mother replied as she went back to talking to my father. I walked down the hallway and into my bedroom, throwing the small present on the floor beside my bed out of anger. JJ sat up on my bed and looked at me as I crawled over his legs, sitting my back against the wall while I was on top of the bed. JJ narrowed his dark brows in confusion. "How did it go?" He asked as he put a hat on the top of his head. A hat that my father had loaned him. I shook my head at him and avoided eye contact. "Not what I had expected but I would rather not talk about it right now." I responded to the sweet boy that had done nothing but wanted to care for me in that moment. He nodded his head. "We can talk about it when you're ready." He replied and laid his head against the headboard of my full bed. He glanced back towards the television screen as my phone in my back pocket started to blow up with the sound of buzzing. I took the phone out of my back pocket to see text messages from Rafe.

"Come on Isla."
"Don't act like this with me. I was drunk."
"Please"
"I want to be with you. Don't leave me."
"I'm sorry"
"I want us to be together. For each other and our child."
"I'm sorry for what I did"

Ignoring his texts, I threw my phone beside JJ. I laid myself down beside him and stared at the television screen in front of me. My eyes gained a heaviness. "Tell me when Kaia is ready to go." I told him while facing my body towards the wall that my bed was leaned up against. I laid on my side with my hand underneath my head. JJ had stared at the television screen, nodding his head at what I told him before I had fallen asleep in the presence of JJ.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

I had woken up in the late morning after Kaia was finished getting ready for the day. JJ woke me up by pushing my shoulder with gentle force. Kaia and I commuted out into the yellow Branco that sat unused in the driveway. JJ followed behind us as I watched Kaia buckle herself up in the seat after I helped her get into the car. JJ sat in the passenger seat, messing the black hat that was backwards on his head. He would run his fingers throughout his hair. His rings rubbing against the top of his scalp before he placed his hands in his lap. I shut the door for Kaia, stepping up into the drivers side with my small Fanny pack that hung around over my shoulder and chest. My keys dangled out of the ignition as I turned the keys to the right, hearing the engine rumble loudly. Kaia sat in the backseat, excited.

Kaia and I hadn't spent much time with another since we moved out of our old home. We would always be around another during our times at the old house as I was her designated babysitter when my parents would have parties at the country club. She would always come lay beside me with her eyes staring at the television while we watched her favorite channel. I would always take her to go grab frozen yogurt or take her shopping. JJ stared at the road ahead of us while I drove down the road, leaving my home behind. He messed with the radio to find music that was appropriate for Kaia to hear. Her hair blew in the wind which caused her to giggle. JJ played the soft tunes of Bob Marley that caused me to relax and feel happy during that moment. It made me forget about the worries that were caused from Rafe and I from much earlier in the morning.

JJ glanced around at me with his bright smile that made my heart flutter. No matter what had happened, he would always seem to form a smile that could brighten up your heart. JJ rested his arm against the ledge of the door, his hand out of the car and into the wind. Even though I was still disappointed in his behavior from the night before, it made me realize that he was only looking out for me in the long run which made me feel much better about the situation. I stared at the road in front of me, listening to the gentle tunes that played through the old stereo. My petite fingers tapped against the wheel to the beat of the Reggae music. "Where would you like to go first, Kaia?" I asked her as I looked into the rear view mirror to see her blue eyes brighten up.

I glanced back at the road that was in front of us as I started to drive down to the downtown area in which most of the shops had been. Kaia and I loved shopping in the shell store that was near the pier downtown. However, her taste has changed since she turned nine and was able to make different choices. She laid her hand on her mouth as her eyes seemed focused while her mind was thinking hardly. "What about the shell shop?" She questioned with a large smile on her face once again. I nodded my head at her while a smile started to grow against my face. JJ glanced at me with confusion. "The shell shop it is." I told her as JJ stared at the side of my face, almost like he was analyzing me. "Will you feed me?" He asked as he formed a soft laugh out of his lips that made me smile. Nodding my head at him, I glanced over at the tan boy with the same smile.

"Of course I will." I told him in response as I had turned back over to looking at the road ahead of us. Humming along to the songs that played, I drove into the small downtown area that made many memories rush to my head. Heading to the small shell store that was on the corner of Main Street and Manteo. I pulled into a parking spot that was right in front of the small shop that was unoccupied. My fingers grasped onto the keys that dangled from the ignition. JJ jumped out of the car, his feet hitting the asphalt. I pushed my keys into my small fanny pack that sat on my chest. JJ walked over to the side that Kaia had sat on, opening the door for her. He put his hands underneath her armpits as he put her down onto the cracked streets. He shut the door while I had locked the car from the inside. Kaia stood beside JJ with a large smile forming on her face. "What are we waiting for?" I told Kaia as I held out my hand for her to grasp her small hand inside of.

She put her hand inside of mine. She walked with me in excitement that we were at a very special place that we had many memories at. We would always come to the sweet, Islanas Shells store to purchase beautiful decor for my mother on the special occasions for her. Kaia pulled me into the store with pure happiness forming on her face as JJ followed behind us. He smiled at seeing the both of us happy in that moment. Kaia let go of my hand and started to look around in the store for things that she liked. "Welcome in!" A worker mentioned to us. Turning to the young dark haired female with brown eyes, I smiled at her and nodded. "Thank you!" I responded to her as I started to look around at the beautiful displays that were placed around the store. JJ had followed Kaia around from her taking his hand, dragging him behind her. I smiled at the sight of them together — he treated her as if she was his own little sister. He protected her always.

My eyes caught attention to a shell wind-chime that was meant to be hung as decor. I picked up the wind-chime, analyzing it due to me wanting to revamp the room that I now had. "Iz!" Kaia said as she ran up to me, leaving JJ where she was before. He was intrigued by what was around him. "Yes?" I asked her as I held the wind chime. She held a small scallop ring that she found. "Can I get this?" She asked. I nodded my head and smiled at her. "Of course you can." I told her as I held the wind chime in my right hand. She smiled and wrapped her arms around my hips to give me a hug. I smiled at her and laid my open hand on her back to give her a hug back. "Are you ready or do you want to keep looking?" I asked her and tucked a strand of hair behind my ears.

"I'm ready." She responded and headed towards the dark headed woman that was behind the cash register. Kaia placed the ring up onto the counter and moved over for me to place the wind chime up on the counter. She started to type the pricing into the register. "You guys are so beautiful." The young girl complimented as I stared at her name tag that sat on top of her blue shirt. "Thank you! You too." I smiled at her and unzipped the small Fanny pack that I had been wearing. I grasped for the credit card that sat inside of it. She rung us up with a large smile on her freckled face. Kaia disappeared from my side, running to JJ. He had picked her up and placed her on his hip. "She's too old to be held." I told JJ as I laughed at him holding her almost like she was his own. He shook his head while walking over to me as I had placed the credit card into the machine to pay. The young girl, Sophia, glanced up at JJ and had watched the two of us in her own presence.

The register rung once it approved my card. "You guys seem like such a cute couple. Is this your daughter?" She asked as Kaia laid her head on JJ's shoulder and wrapped her arms around his neck. He held her against his hip, looking around the store and showing her cool shells that were placed out. Taken by surprised by her comment, I put my card back into the pack and watched her wrap the decor I purchased alongside Kaia's ring. "Oh no, no! We aren't together, she's my little sister." I smiled at her while she handed me the wrapped purchases. Turning to look at JJ, a smile formed on my face to see him with my little sister. "Thank you! Have a nice day!" I told the young girl and held the purchases in my hand. I walked towards JJ with my eyes widened as we started to walk out of the store. Kaia stayed on his hip while we walked out into the summer breeze. "What's that look for?" JJ asked as Kaia had stared around at the teenagers that passed.

Teenagers skateboarded against the concrete in their daily commute to the pier that led down to the beach. The warm breeze hit against our tan skin while we walked down the street with the sound of waves crashed down on the shore. "She asked me if we were together and then asked if Kaia was our kid." I laughed. JJ narrowed his eyebrows and shook his head, Kaia looking over in confusion to what we were talking about. "Are you going to marry JJ, sissy?" Kaia asked with a large smile on her face. JJ glanced at me while sadness flooded his eyes because he knew that I would have Rafe around for the rest of my life, he wanted me to himself. It was respectable because JJ and I promised that we would marry another when we were much younger. Changes were made throughout the years, which made it much more harder — but I wanted to be with Rafe.

Not that I didn't love JJ, I would always love him. I wanted to know what it was like to date other people before settling down — which I wished that I didn't have to settle down so soon. With a child on the way, I didn't think that I could ever explore the dating world now that I was being fought over by two men that had issues. It made me slightly disgusted with myself that there were two men that both wanted me, but I made my mind up that it would be much better if JJ and I just stayed best friends — for our relationship. On the other hand, I was disappointed with Rafe but he would be the father of my child. I wanted to love him. I wanted to see how he would be with our child and all the other things in between. It physically broke my heart to not see JJ or Rafe like another, despite the fact that Rafe had made an effort. JJ — did not want to accept him and was disappointed in the situation due to him deep down wanting to marry me later in life and be the father of all my children. It pained him and I could see it in his eyes.

The love that I had for JJ before was the love that I started to feel towards Rafe. As much as Rafe, had been an asshole and had issues, I could see myself having a future with him free from his issues. After JJ professed his love Kiara a year before, it was hard for me to feel the same love that I had for him before. It made me resent him because he chose my own best friend over me after he would flirt with me, would try to kiss me in any game of truth or dare. He was someone that I loved being around and having a relationship with but as much as he wanted me, I didn't want him in that way anymore. I was more interested in Rafe — especially because of the way that he made me feel. His smile. His eyes had the most beautiful shine to them. He would always bite his lip when he started to giggle. He made me feel protected and made me feel like the only girl in the world. I was attracted to him for more than his looks — his personality was perfect.

JJ shook his head at Kaia. "As much as I would love to marry your sister, she has a boyfriend remember!" He told her and tried to hide the sadness that formed in his eyes. He tickled her sides to make her giggle. Kaia laid her head back on his shoulders as I refused to speak in that moment. It pained me that he would tell her that he wanted to marry me. We weren't even in love, or I wasn't in love with him. It broke my heart for him and made me feel horrible, it was painful to think about. "What about if we go into this cafe and grab some brunch?" I asked Kaia and JJ as we came upon a small café. The scent of coffee had filled the air, young Kook moms sitting on the outside patio talking about their spoiled children before heading to Yoga class. "Sure." JJ said as he had still held Kaia. I followed behind them into the café that was open and quiet, the sound of music mixed with the clashing sounds of pans every once in a while. Kiara and I would come to the café at least once every month to talk and have a girl day with another without Pope, JJ, and John B.

Walking up to the small counter that sat in the middle of the café, I stared at the menu that was present. JJ and I looked at the same menu with another while Kaia glanced around at the people that were seated in the café. "K, what do you want?" I asked my little sister as she turned to look at me with her bright blue eyes. "May I have fruit?" She asked while JJ moved her over onto his opposite hip. She rested her head against his shoulder almost like she was a toddler. "Just that? Do you want a drink?" I asked her while JJ stared at the menu. Knowing what I wanted, I cared more about what Kaia wanted since she has never been here before. "Can I have Coke?" She asked me with a grin forming on her innocent face. "Kaia, mommy doesn't allow you to have stuff like that." I told her in response as I shook my head at the young girl who's grin disappeared. JJ looked at me and shook his head at me. "Let her have it, Iz." He commented and stared into my dark pupils that looked at him in return. Kaia smiled that JJ came to her defense.

I looked at Kaia to see puppy dog eyes forming. "Okay but you can't tell mom." I told her with a smile forming on her face. Our parents never kept soda or anything processed in that source in our home because of the life style they lived. My mother was a volleyball player up until she met my father. My father on the other hand had been surfing his entire life and really watched how he should live. I didn't mind the life style because I was a health freak myself, up until recently due to the move. I hadn't been able to make myself the nutritional equivalent food that I normally did so I settled with eating at Kiara's parents restaurant or the country club on my lunch breaks. My whole life I had been extremely petite like my mother had been. Strong and athletic, I played sports my entire life — following in my mothers footsteps of playing volleyball since I was in elementary school alongside surfing. My father would teach me how to surf in second grade when I showed interest in what he did for a living when he wasn't a businessman. He did the same to Kaia. Kaia nodded her head at me and smiled.

Walking up to the register that was occupied with a lovely waitress that always helped me when I came in, JJ followed behind me with Kaia. "Hey Isla girl!" The young waitress said. I smiled at her and placed the small menu back down on the counter. "Hey! Long time no see." I told her as she glanced up at JJ almost like hearts formed in her eyes at the sight of him. I turned back to look at JJ placing Kaia down onto the ground, letting her become the big girl that she was — but didn't want to be treated as. "What can I get for you cuties today?" She asked and stared at JJ as if she had fallen in love with him at the first glimpse of him, placing Kaia down. He looked up at her and smiled gently to be friendly. "Can I get an order of the Nutella crepes with strawberries please?" I asked her to take her attention off of JJ. Every where we had gone, JJ was always picking up girls without himself even knowing. He was that attractive that girls would latch onto him in an instant, almost like they couldn't take their eyes off of him. She nodded her head while she placed the order into the small register in front of her.

"And for the drink?" She asked and looked up at me with a large smile on her face. "Matcha with oat milk please. Then, can I had a fruit bowl with yogurt as well." I told her while ordering Kaia's nutritious brunch that she would probably get picky over in an instant. "And a coke for that drink as well please!" I smiled at her while she had nodded her head at me. She looked up at JJ and stared into his blue eyes. Kaia stood beside him with her hand in his hand to protect her. The young waitress kept the smile on her face when she looked at him. "What can I get for you cutie?" She asked him and leaned against the counter. He smiled at her and pushed his other hand in his pocket, reaching for something. "Can I get the same thing as her." He said and pointed at me with his wallet in his hands. She nodded her head at us. "Okay! So I have two orders of crepes with Nutella and strawberries, two matchas with oat milk, fruit bowl with yogurt and a coke?" She had asked to make sure that she got our order correct.

JJ nodded his head. "Actually can you make that two cokes, one matcha." He said and smiled as he took money out of his pocket. I smacked his arm and shook my head. "Keep your money, I'll pay." I told him. He shook his head at me and smiled as he handed the girl a twenty and a ten dollar bill. "It'll be out in a couple! Here is your number for the order." She spoke and handed us a plastic number that was supposed to sit on a table so that they could deliver the order. I smiled at her and took the plastic number, turning around to face JJ as he started to walk to find a table. Kaia walked beside me with the same smile on her face. JJ walked outside to where all the Kook moms had been sitting, their eyes turning to look at me and Kaia. A blonde woman stared at us as if she couldn't take her eyes away from us. JJ sat down at a small booth that was surrounded with vines and beautiful flowers. I sat across from him beside Kaia, placing the number on the table.

I sat down the bag beside my feet. I placed the Fanny pack inside of the bag that had the wrapped purchases. I laid my hands against the brown wooden table and smiled at JJ. "Can you take a photo of Kaia and I for my mom?" I asked him while reaching for my phone that was inside the Fanny pack. "I'll take it on mine so you don't have to search for yours." He said as I turned to Kaia, fixing her hair that my mother had curled and put small braids in. "Smile for the camera K." I told her and smiled at JJ as he held his phone up to take a photo of us. Kaia leaned her small body beside mine and smiled widely with the missing teeth smile that she had. I smiled at the camera with me leaning in towards Kaia. "I got it." JJ said and gave me a thumbs up before he showed me the photo of Kaia and I together. I smiled and looked up at him again. "Thank you, J." I told him while Kaia had kicked her feet from the seat since she couldn't reach the ground on her own.

The scents of fresh citrus and pancakes filled the air while we listened to the soft beach music that played from the speakers. "Excuse me, you're a madison aren't you?" The same blonde woman that stared at us when we walked out onto the patio asked as she approached me. She bent over slightly to make eye contact with me. "I am!" I told her with a smile forming on my face to be polite and respectful to the Kook woman. "Aren't you dating Rafe Cameron?" She asked with a smile on her face. I nodded my head and turned to face her more, crossing my leg over another. Glancing at JJ as he tried to occupy Kaia from being bored while I talked to a random woman that I had never seen before. "Yes, I am." I told her once again and felt a weird connection between the two of us almost like she had bad intentions. "Oh! Tell him hi for us, my daughter and him hung out last week when he was at the country club that your father owns." She smiled.

Nodding my head at her as something started to enrage in me that shouldn't have. Jealousy. "Oh! What's your daughters name if I may ask?" I asked her and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. Sitting my hands in my lap, I stared up at the blonde woman who seemed hateful inside. She tucked her hand in her pocket,"Sophia! Do tell him that we miss his presence at our home." She smiled widely as my jaw clenched. Intertwining my hands with another, sitting up properly I nodded my head at the woman. "I will. Thank you! Have a great day. Do tell your daughter I said hello." I told her and turned myself back towards JJ with my jaw clenched in anger. Not only did Rafe and I already get into a fight, but this woman angered me more than she should have. What a fucking bitch, I thought as that woman had spoken to me as if I was stupid. The woman walked away with a smirk against her face meanwhile I glanced up at JJ, his blue eyes forming a sadness in them as he stared at me. I mouthed at him,"she's a fucking bitch."

He smiled and shook his head. "Just ignore it mama." He responded, taking his hat off of his head. He ran his fingers throughout his hair and stared at the patio door that opened. A waitress came by our table with her tray full of our food and drinks. She smiled at all of us, distributing our food. "Enjoy!" She spoke and grasped the plastic number into her hands before she walked back into the café. Kaia reached for the coke and put her mouth onto the straw that was placed into the cup. "Slow down on that Coke, Kaia." I laughed at her as she had been downing the drink that she hadn't had for a couple of months. "Eat your food please." I told her and scooted her food towards her while JJ had looked at me, shaking his head. "What?" I told him and narrowed my eyebrows at him. He shook his head with a smile.

Making sure Kaia was eating her fruit and yogurt, I glanced back towards JJ while cutting my crepe that was in front of me. The smell was sort of revolting with the pregnancy but I had done my time of throwing up for the day, which was this morning around five am. JJ had came into my room during that time after he heard me throwing up from the hallway. He sat down on the ground with me and held my hair up away from my face as I had thrown up. He told me that he would be there for me, but I didn't expect him to sit on the cold floor and hold my hair up as I threw up. "You act like such a mom." He laughed and took bites out of his food. I rolled my eyes at him and covered Kaia's ears with my hands so that I could respond to him. "I'm going to be one." I laughed at him. Kaia shook her head to get my hands off of her ears because my mother had done that annoying mechanism to her time to time.

The judgmental mothers of Kook kids stood up from their tables and left to attend their morning yoga classes. Turning to Kaia, I watched her eat her breakfast while I started to take bites out of mine. "Do you want any new clothes or what do you want to do?" I asked her with a smile. The young, blonde headed girl shrugged her head. She narrowed her eyebrows as she reached to the coke again, her tan hand slowly grasping onto the cup. "Hmm. Since you don't know we can just walk around and see what you like!" I told her and smiled at her once again. "Thank you for hanging out with me sissy. I love you." I spoke to her with softness in my voice. She smiled widely as she looked at me, tilting her head. "I love you too sissy." She responded. JJ smiled at the sight of us bonding. I knew that it was hard for Kaia to be moved, nonetheless even harder when she would have to start school at different school that she wouldn't have any friends at. I wanted to make sure that she was confident in herself and was her true self — which she always was.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

The sun started to set against the horizon. It shined down on our skin as Kaia had fallen asleep in the back of my Branco after a long day of shopping. JJ and I sat in the front seat alongside all the purchased items, including the things that I had bought him for helping me out as much as he could during the difficult time. He laid his head on the seat and stared out at the road as my car came to a stop in order for me to type the code into the security system to get into the home. Bending over the car door to type in the code, JJ started talking about how good the day had been.

"So, what happened with Rafe?" He asked as I sat back down in my seat and headed into the gate that opened in front of us. I laid my hands onto the steering wheel while shaking my head at him. "You know, he wanted me to get rid of the child at first and then he told me that he wants to be a father so I'm really not sure what he wants. But I did confront him about him telling people what he told me at the place of my fathers work." I had explained to him as tiredness flooded throughout my eyes. I stared at the road to keep myself awake after the long day of dragging both of them around. "He was upset that I confronted him about that and I told him to talk to me when he can have respect for me." I told JJ again as I took my eyes away from the road to glance at the tan boy that sat beside me. He nodded his head at me and ran his fingers throughout his blonde hair.

I tapped my fingers against the steering wheel as I navigated throughout the neighborhood. "I told him that all of this is too much and that we aren't in love. I'm going to ask him who the fuck sophia is also." I told him and shook my head. JJ rolled his eyes while staring at the street as we came up to where my house had been. "Such an asshole move." He spoke. "I'm sorry Isla, but like I said, I will always be there to help out." He mentioned to form a comfort towards me. I nodded my head and pulled into the drive way that had my mother and fathers cars parked. I pulled my keys out of the ignition after placing my car in park. "I got myself in this mess. It was my fault in all honesty." I told him and frowned slightly as he glanced down at my stomach. "I just don't know if I can see you with a big stomach." He laughed to brighten the moment. I shook my head and rolled my eyes at him, forming a smile on my face in response to his comment. "Shut up." I said.

I pushed my keys in my pocket of my shorts and got out of my car. I shut the door behind me as JJ followed. "Can you carry Kaia inside since she likes to fall asleep in the car all the time." I laughed and walked over to the trunk where all the bags had sat. I pulled the trunk open, my hands grasping onto the large bags that were full of purchases that were more than "need" buys. I held the ten bags in both of my hands, shutting my trunk using my fingers that had been free from the bags. JJ carried Kaia out of the car and shut the door behind her. I started to walk up the sidewalk and to the house. Hearing voices from the inside of the house talk to another, making me wonder who had been over at the house. JJ had followed behind me as I reached the back door, pushing the door open with the bags still in my hands.

Sitting at the table in the kitchen was Rafe beside his father, Rose, and my parents. Stopping in my tracks, I stared at all of them in confusion as JJ came in behind me with Kaia wrapped around his waist. "Shit." I mumbled knowing that Rafe would be mad that JJ was here but nonetheless, around me after he said he didn't want me around him anymore. Rafe looked up at me with guilt forming in his eyes as my jaw clenched at the sight of him. "Hey guys!" I said in a fake tone that made it seem real to them. JJ nodded his head at them, trying to keep quite to avoid waking Kaia up. I closed the door behind me and sat the bags in the living room, sitting nearest to the couch. Walking back into the small sitting area in the kitchen where they had all been sitting, I kissed Rafe's cheek and laid my hands on his shoulders. "Hi sweetheart!" My mother said with a large smile forming on her face.

I smiled at her while Rafe laid his hands against my hands that sat on his shoulders. His warm hands intertwined with mine. Gentle to the touch. "Hey Kiddo!" Ward smiled at me as I had nodded at him and formed a smile at him and rose. "Hey!" I responded while looking at my father as he narrowed his eyebrows at me almost like he knew that something was wrong. "Your mom showed me a photo of you and Kaia at brunch. How cute you guys are!" Rose said as she tapped my back gently with her hand. I smiled at her and stared into her brown eyes. "Thank you so much rose." I told her with a gentle tone.

My father nodded his head at me. He stood up from the table while my mother started to talk to Ward and Rose once again. "Iz, can you help me grab drinks for everyone?" He asked in a stern tone that made me fearful that Rafe had told him something that he shouldn't have. I nodded my head at him and followed my father out into the garage where all the party drinks had sat. The door slammed shut behind us as he opened the fridge and handed me beers to hold. "Sweetheart, can you explain to me why Rafe wanted all of us to sit down and have a conversation?" He asked. Closing my eyes with fearfulness forming in my eyes, I shook my head at him. "I don't. He's been into business so maybe it has something to do with that." I responded to him, lying through my teeth that I was hiding something from them.

JJ came out into the garage with his work clothes on. "I'm heading into work but will be back later. Thank you, Mark for allowing me to stay here since my father is being evicted." JJ spoke to him as he would ride his dirt bike to the country club. My father smiled at the sight of him, opening his arms to take him into a hug. "Anything for you my son." He responded. "Make sure all those teenagers are doing their job, please." He spoke as he let go of JJ. Smiling at him, JJ nodded his head at my father and looked at me with the same smile on his face. "See you later J." I told him and gave him a small smile as my eyes had opened and begged for help. JJ nodded his head once again. "See ya!" He spoke and opened the garage to allow his bike out. He placed himself of the bike, turning it on and putting his helmet on.

JJ sped off onto the street until we couldn't see him anymore. Holding beers in my arms, I shut the garage door and headed into the house while my father followed in behind me. I sat the beers on the counter, heading over to my boyfriend that sat at the table with a large smile on his face. I whispered in his ear,"Come with me." I told him and started to walk towards the hallway that led into my bedroom. He excused himself from the table and smirked his whole way into my bedroom. His tall body standing in front of me as I looked up towards his smirk that was kept on his face. "Why the fuck are you here?" I asked him with anger forming in my eyes.

"We need to tell them about the child." He said in response.

"Why don't I ask you about some things first before telling our parents that we're having their first grandchild?" I asked him and stood with my arms crossed.

He nodded his head and moved towards me. He laid his hand against my jawline, moving my head to look more up at him. He pressed his lips against my mouth before kissing down my neck. "So you know, I had a nice conversation with a woman today that said she misses your presence at her home with her daughter, Sophia. Who is Sophia?" I asked him and felt his mouth stop moving against my neck.

"Sophia? The only Sophia that I know is one of my friends' little sister." He responded.

"So you're telling me you didn't fuck this girl last week when you left early from here?" I asked him and narrowed my eyebrows as I moved away from him. He shook his head at me. "Isla, what is going to take for you to just want me?" He asked while kneeling in front of me almost like he was begging me for my approval. "I do want you but I'm not going to be played like some toy." I told him as he stared up at me.

"I will always take care and love you." He spoke.

"I want you." He commented as he laid his hands on my thighs while he stayed kneeled on the ground. Staring down at him, my heart started to beat at the sight of him. His presence made my knees weak meanwhile he made my heart pound out of my chest just by listening to his voice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 2K 43
•HEAVY EDITING • MESSED UP STORYLINE• The summer after their last year of school, When Lane Miller moves back to the Outer Banks for good, she meets...
108K 1.2K 28
𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖕𝖎𝖉 "𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟" {rafe cameron} ranks: #1 for #drewst...
13.5K 106 19
in which two best friends fake date to make someone jealous..... until one of them ends up falling for the other {started: oct 23, 2021} finished: ap...
14.4K 238 38
I don't know what to do, it unbelievable, and I don't how to get over, get over, someone as dangerous, tainted and flawed as you. Moving to an unknow...