𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐨

"It's probably better off this way and I confess baby, in my dreams you're touching my face and asking me if I'd want to try again with you

and I confess baby, in my dreams you're touching my face and asking me if I'd want to try again with you... and I almost do"

August 2nd, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

The rest of the morning went on in a blurriness that didn't seem real to me. Rafe strolled around the town beside me, walking in and out of local stores that we enjoyed. His large hand intertwined with mine as he caught the attention of some of the Kook mothers who hung around in the downtown area of the town. They stared at us with intent and had smiled at us, before they would go back to doing their daily dose of gossiping with another. We looked at baby items that we would need in a couple of months when it was time to create the nursery in his townhouse condo. Coming up with ideas of what we wanted the nursery to look like, even though he didn't care about that aspect. He wanted the baby to just be happy and taken care of. He had passed the ability to take care of what I wanted in the nursery and whatever was needed for the child, which made me appreciate that he wanted me to plan out the nursery and clothing. He held onto me as he was occupied with looking at all the baby things that I would need to purchase in a couple of months. Confused with all the items, he asked slight questions as we figured it all out with one another or the help from the google searches.

Once we were finished, we headed over to the college where I would be inducted into becoming a coach. Nervousness took over my body until I went into the gym where they were holding the induction. Crowds of people sat around on both sides. Parents of the players and students sat on both sides with excitement rumbling throughout their own expressions. Rafe sat himself beside his step mother and sister. Rose sat behind my parents as they had Kaia in between the both of them. I headed to the president of the college, the athletics director and department, alongside multiple teachers that were there to welcome me. I stood up in the middle of the gym that had welcoming banners behind me with balloons as decorations. Peeking behind me where my parents had been seated with my boyfriend, I saw John B, Kiara, and Pope sneak their way in before the principal would announce me as the coach for the new season. Kiara held a bouquet of flowers in her hands, following behind the young boys. My eyes stared at my friends before they caught onto me looking at them, waving at me in excitement as many people were conversing with each other.

I waved back at them with gentleness before I glanced over towards the door in hopes that JJ had appeared from thin air. It crushed my heart that he wasn't there but I couldn't force him, I knew he was hurt. I stood side by side with the athletic director and the athletic department. My fathers friend stood up beside the athletic department with his suit and tie on, looking as spiffy as he could in the early hours of August. Kiara, Pope, and John B sat next to my father and mother that had been staring at me with pure excitement on their faces. The older male principal stepped up to the podium, turning on the microphone that sat there in hopes to be used. I directed myself towards the front in order to pay attention as others were quitting down for them to hear the announcements. Hearing the shutting of a door, I turned my head to see JJ walking into the gymnasium with embarrassment across his face that he even showed up. I squinted my eyes to get a good look at him. He had worn black slacks and a nice button up shirt, making me think that he came from working on the golf course. He held a large bouquet of tropical flowers in his left hand, dangling them above the ground. He walked over to the area where our friends had been sitting.