COMPLETING EACH OTHER

By missnoseinabook

His aura dominated the surroundings charging it with electricity. The taut muscles, the broad shoulders,along... More

prologue
CAST
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
AUTHOR'S NOTE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31

CHAPTER 21

3.7K 317 76
By missnoseinabook

DEVEN RAJPUT'S POV:

Four weeks. It has been four weeks since I last saw Adhweta or even heard her voice. I have tried everything to get her to talk to me but all my tactics have gone down the drain.

Well what do you expect when instead of thanking her for taking care of you, you ended up shouting on her for reasons of which she is unaware. It's a blessing that she had not skinned you alive then and there only!

It seems like she is applying my technique of treating the other person like a ghost, on me. If I arrange a meeting then her assistant shows up, if I go for a video conference then her camera would be turned off with her giving only the much needed responses. If I call her then my call would be transferred to her voicemail and then she would mail her answers to my inquiry instead of calling me back.

Rubbing my hands on my face I looked down at the file which I had been trying to read for the past ten minutes only to get lost in the thoughts of my fire breathing dragonfly. A knock on my door resounded in my cabin. Calling out a 'come in' I straightened my back and adjusted my glasses back on.

"Sir these are the files you asked for and I did check the inventory records. There have been abnormal losses of very costly materials in the past six months, more than what can be ignored or overlooked sir. And as per the contracts signed with the clients we have to bear this loss. Maybe we'll be able to manage this right now but in long run it will have negative effects on the company sir."

"You are right. Send the inventory records for the past six months to my penthouse and schedule a meeting with the stock keepers for tomorrow. Daksh ...ah..were you able to contact Ms. Singh?"

"Ah ...yes sir i was able to contact Ms. Mira Kapoor and she has assured me that our work is progressing at a good pace."

"Daksh, I asked about Ms. Singh not Ms. Kapoor."

"Sir Ms. Singh is currently unavailable." fixing his tie he bit out in a low voice.

Fisting my hands, I tried to reign in the frustration which seems to be coursing throughout my body.

"Call her."

"Call whom..s-sir?" looking at me, he tucked at his tie once more.

Just one menacing look from me had him turning his pockets inside out to take out his phone and calling the said person, all at once.

"Hey Daksh what's up bro? Now to which whims and fancies of his highness do I have to cater to?"

"Ma'am sir is asking for you."

"Daksh, do you believe in manifestation?"

Furrowing my eyebrows, I gestured him to go on.

"Ah...mmm..yes ma'am?"

"Good...well I am a firm believer of manifestation. And for the past few days the one thing that I am manifesting with all my might is to give your boss a nice massage around his neck with my hands and trust me most of the time I have achieved whatever I have manifested so the only way your precious royal boss can stay alive is when he is out of my sight. And please tell him to stop suffocating me with the number of bouquets and sorry notes he keeps sending me. I am no one to him."

With a ping of finality the call ended. Her last line struck a chord in me. She took the words which I had spoken and delivered them like a tight slap on my face.

Flashback:

As I was treading the path between consciousness and unconsciousness, a familiar muffled ringtone cut through thehaze of drowsiness directing me towards an abrupt alertness.

Rubbing away the sleep from my eyes I tried to look for the source of my disturbance which happened to be my phone.

Checking the caller id, I rubbed my face coughed a little trying to shake off the weariness in my voice and picked up the call.

"Khamma Ghani Dadisa. How are you?"

"Ghani Khamma Deven. First tell me why are you sounding so off? Are you well?"

"Hum theek h dadisa. Don't worry so much about me but is everything alright over there?"

"Beta, today someone attacked your father's car."

"Baba...Babasa theek to hai?"

"Bhagwan ka shukr hai wo ekdam sahi salamat hai. Aap unse baat karna chahenge."

Clenching my jaw, i just tightened my hold on the mobile phone.

"Deven I know that you love your father contrary to what you want others to believe. When will you end this silence between you and father. Today he is here, tomorrow he won't."

" i have some work Dadisa. I will have to go. Take care of yourself....and others."

The urge to bang my phone against the wall was so hard and before I could act upon it an incoming message stole my attention, specially the name of the person who had sent it.

'Today you and your father experienced a little turbulence and tomorrow the plane can crash. Choose wisely and act fast. Time is ticking.'

The urge to bang my phone was long gone and was replaced with a need to smash a particular someone's head against the wall, ramming it continuously till all that is left is flesh, blood and bones.

I could feel my body tightening with blood lust consuming my very being.

And while I was struggling to control my growing rage I heard the sounds of approaching footsteps followed by the opening of the room door.

And as if the smallest thread of the rope containing my anger had snapped all my rage came pouring out on the one person it never should have

"Get out."

The gobsmacked look on her face did little to appease my temper.

"Don't you have the basic manners to knock before entering someone's room?"

"Deven what the-"

"I am thankful for your help but if you want something in return then tell me I will get it for you. But just because you helped me doesn't give you some kind of right on me."

"Is your fever high again? Just let me check you and I promise I will not disturb you."

Taking quick steps, she reached up to me and placed her hand on my forehead. Her warmth made me want to just rest my head against her shoulder and just hide my face in her hair. But that's the bloody problem I can't do that! Today it was just a minor accident and it's result were the scratches and wounds which littered her smooth skin. What if she comes too close and something happens to her, besides, I have other people and responsibilities to look after. No, she has to go.

Pushing her hand away I held her wrist in a tight grip and pulled her towards the door.

"I hope that you haven't forgotten that we are just an employer and employee so stop behaving in a manner which would suggest otherwise. You are no one to me. Got it. Now go, I am a grown man I don't need you to baby sit me."

And closed the door on her face with a thud. But the slight sheen of tears in her eyes did not go unnoticed and in that moment I realised that I can never push her away without pushing away my chance at happiness.

Flashback ends.

Looking up I found Daksh still standing in front of me and looking at me with the same worried expression he has been giving meever since he came to my room in that inn. After the ugly exchange of words, Adhweta completed her entire work in one and a half days and went back before anybody else, citing the excuse of an important case being lined up at her firm. I also did not stop her even though I wanted to apologise immediately after those words had left my mouth but at that moment the only reasoning which stopped me, was that maybe it will be better like this, better for her at least.

But in all this I did not take into account the effect which her absence, her ignorance could have on me. I have been feeling like an animal which has been tethered to some post. I have made more mistakes in past few days than I had done when I was new to business, have been more absent minded than my business can afford.

It seems like the only way to move forward is to flout the rules of my mind and follow the wishes of my heart. And right now, my wish is to see her and that I will do.

"Daksh call Ms. Kapoor. And pass me the phone."

Taking the phone from his offered hand I waited for her to pickup.

"Hello you've reached Ms. Adhweta Singh's office may I know who is calling?"

"Ms. Kapoor I am Deven Rajput and I need to know where your boss is right now."

"Ahh...sir ma'am is currently unavailable..."

"I demand the truth, otherwise I would be prevailed to take actions the consequences of which will be your responsibility."

"Ahh..sir just let me check with ma'am."

And even before i could put down the phone she called back.

"Sir ma'am is out on a date."

Words potent enough for me to break the pencil in my hand in two!

Hey guys, I hope all of you have been happy and healthy and continue to stay the same.

I know many of you must be feeling frustrated with me...but then you guys will have to accept me as I am.

I am finally done with my exams which translates into more chapter for you guys....hopefully...hehe.

A big hug and an even bigger thankyou to all those who have liked my book or have commented upon it or have followed me. I love you guys.

Silent readers I love you too....though I know you guys won't respond back with an I love you three.

So the question for today's chapter is:

Does anyone believe in manifestation or has tried it?

How many piercing do you guys have?

Do vote, comment, and press the like button. Untill next time. Much love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

724K 11.2K 19
The name of the book has been changed from (LOVE HEALS )to HEALING HEARTS FINDING LOVE ❤️ .... ""Get ready," he said, "I won't be getting ready," sh...
776K 49.8K 41
(#1 Unwanted Series) ||Arranged Marriage Romance|| "Open it." She said in her commanding tone, as my hand made towards her 𝒌𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅 to ope...
1.6M 66.9K 66
Book 1- Our journey from engagement to marriage Book 2- The journey of Love Siddharth and Preeti complete their journey from engagement to marriage...
2.9M 134K 31
~Glimpse~ "Dusro ki Cheezo ko Lena, Acchi Baat Nahi Hoti hai Bai sa." She looked back and my eyes met those Beautiful Orbs, A small frown spread on h...