The Billionaire's Sweet Troub...

By sweetdreamer33

After a hot-headed playboy billionaire stands her up for a career-making interview, blogger Sweet vows to rui... More

Season List for The Billionaire's Sweet Trouble
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
Epilogue

41

28.1K 1.9K 286
By sweetdreamer33

Sweet

Early Saturday morning, the show Good Morning USA did a live TV coverage of the potato festival event in Dansville.

The female field reporter turned to me and asked, "for how long have you been involved in the potato festival, Miss Treble?"

"Since I was in high school. I've been volunteering in setting up the booths, decorating the stage, collecting garbage, and other things. Actually, the two of us," I smiled and glanced briefly at Jace, who was sitting beside me. "But two years ago, I worked as one of the head committees."

"That's cool, huh? So, you two are really into this." The reporter arched her eyebrows and asked curiously, "I wonder, are you two related?"

"Um, no. We've been friends since high school." I said, before Jace could say anything.

"I see," she nodded, but sounding not convinced. Her eyes were teasing as she turned to Jace, who got forced by the other organizers to sit in the interview. "What about you, Mr. Hamilton? What are you looking forward to at today's event, aside from spending time with Miss Treble here?"

Jace's face turned scarlet red. He raked his unruly hair and smiled shyly.

"Sorry, I can't help but notice the way you stare at her," the reporter smiled widely, stretching her bright red lips. "Are you sure there's nothing going on between you two? I can see the chemistry here, you know. And you two look great together."

"We were high school sweethearts," Jace fed the reporter's curiosity, making her eyebrows rise higher. Then he turned to me, "and now, we're...good friends."

"Oh, that's why," the reporter looked very satisfied, and turned to the camera. "I hope all exes can be friends, just like the two of them. You know, I believe in the saying that the best relationships start off as friendships first. I'm sure many of our viewers will agree on that," she turned to Jace, and asked, "do you agree Mr. Hamilton?"

Jace cleared his throat, then answered, "absolutely, and to answer your previous question, I'm looking forward to joining the games and contests."

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot my question. I got a little distracted there," the reporter grinned, then turned to me. "What games and contests do you have here today, Miss Treble?"

"We have many booth games, like the Cross Bow Shoot, Milk Bottle and the Balloon and Dart. After the short opening program, there are fun dance activities to warm up everyone, then the proper contests will begin, like potato eating, sack race, mechanical bull riding and potato stacking."

"I heard your major event here is the potato carrying race, right?" the reporter asked.

"That's right. It's one highlight of the event. The men are expecting to win the trophy this year." I nodded and turned to Jace. "he'll be joining later."

Jace shrugged, and humbly said, "yeah, hopefully, I'll win."

"It's a tough game. I'm sure you did a lot of preparation for today's event. Good luck to you, Mr. Hamilton. We'll be rooting for you."

"Thank you," Jace nodded.

"Is this event open for everyone?" The reporter asked.

"Yes. Everyone is welcome to join the potato festival event. It's a whole day filled with fun, games, excitement and, of course, prizes for the winners. So, I'm inviting you all to visit Dansville today and join in the fun!"

After the interview, Jace joined my family. My brother, Colton, came home for the festival and hung out with Jace, mostly talking about their common interest, basketball.

We all watched the short opening of the potato festival. There was a speech to open the event, followed by the national anthem, and then the contests started.

"Is Sebastian coming?" Erin asked.

"Nope. He has another engagement," I said, but when Erin raised her eyes, I continued, "not a dating engagement, but a very important business meeting."

"Oh, I thought he'd come. I made more potato salad." She shrugged her shoulders, then continued watching the program.

To warm up the event, there were fun dance activities for everyone. Trip to Jerusalem, Dance Hats, Mirror Game and Newspaper dance.

"Would you like to join the Newspaper dance?" Jace asked.

We won the Newspaper Dance game before in the potato festival. Everyone expected we would join again when Jace was back.

"Sure," I said, and let him take my hand as he led me to the stage.

Jace held my hand and waist, and my arm went around his neck as we danced to the loud country music. Just like the old times.

Yes, I was open to entertaining Jace. As a friend, while I was still in this outrageous dating deal with Sebastian.

After seeing a woman's wallet at Sebastian's penthouse made me second guess if he'd been sleeping with other girls during our entire dating deal. It pushed me back into Jace.

What I have with Sebastian is temporary. Once our dating deal is over, we're also done for good. Why won't I give a chance to someone who can give me the real thing?

Jace was all charming, nice, and caring. It was so easy to be with him, just like the old times. He bonded not just with me, but also with my family.

The past few days, he was renovating his family's house, which was located beside ours. He asked for my opinion in designing his house, and I gladly did.

He showed me his family's house, and I couldn't help but reminisce about the memories that we had during high school. It seemed like it was just yesterday that we were watching a thriller movie in his living room, while eating our favorite chips and soda. In the kitchen, where his mother made us pumpkin pie on Saturdays and we exchanged jokes.

"And of course, the basement," he said when we went downstairs.

I flushed seeing our favorite place to make out. He remembered it, too. For a moment, we stopped and stared at each other's eyes.

I broke the moment and pointed at the vintage radio cassette player that we got in a thrift shop. "You still have that."

"Yeah, I did."

We often played the cassette tapes that went along with it, while we did our assignments or projects in the basement, hung out and talked, made out, listened to music, or did nothing but held hands and stared at each other's eyes.

He took a cassette tape off the shelf and played it. I had a feeling what that song was, and I was right. Our love song, Eternal Flame, by The Bangles, fired in the entire basement.

"May I?" He extended his hand, reaching for mine.

Hearing our love song filled me with love and longing for him. I listened to it a thousand times, with tears rolling on my cheeks when he left town. I was so miserable that I cried for a month.

I took his hand and allowed him to draw me close to him. My arms went around his neck and his arms encircled my waist. Our foreheads touched and our breaths mingled as we danced to our love song. We were back in my teenage years again, dancing to our love song.

The loud music stopped, bringing my mind back to the present.

"The pair has to be within the periphery of the newspaper," the host of the game reminded the contestants. "If the contestant's foot goes outside the newspaper, then the pair is out."

Jace and I stepped on the newspaper, which was spread on the floor. He grabbed my waist and my arms flung around his neck as we held each other closely.

"Don't move," he whispered, "we'll win this," his breath fanning my cheek and his body pressed against mine. The feeling was very familiar. Comforting. Being loved and cared for.

"Of course we will," I chuckled. My spirit was high, and I felt very enthusiastic about winning. With Jace, it was always possible to achieve anything. We had this amazing rapport, and this power of believing and trusting each other.

Everyone cheered for their favorite pair and felt bad to those who got eliminated in the first round. There were twenty pairs who joined and there were sixteen of us left.

The music started again; the newspapers refolded into half as the contestants continued to dance.

Jace swung me in his arms, then dipped me on the dancefloor, making me laugh and giggle. Again. Just like the old times.

"That's beautiful and flawless," he said, referring to our dancing move. "You're really a wonderful dancer."

"Ah, so are you. You lead me so well."

"That's why we're perfect for each other." He swayed me again, then the music stopped.

Good timing. It saved me from answering him.

Are we really perfect for each other?

Two months ago, I had no doubts, until I met Sebastian. The sexual chemistry I had with Sebastian was too strong, like it could move a mountain.

"Let's see who'll get eliminated this time," the host's loud voice made me focus on the game.

We both stood using one foot on the refolded newspaper. I could feel the heat of his body pressed against mine as we hugged so tightly. Our breathing mingled and I could hear his heart beating erratically against my ears.

The comforting feeling was there, warm and safe. I used to dream of that moment every night, being held by him. But it stopped when I met Sebastian.

Sebastian again.

I couldn't stop thinking of him, even when I was with Jace. He messed it all. He corrupted my thoughts, my feelings, and even controlled my traitorous body.

Whatever I feel about Sebastian, it has to stop and divert my attention to Jace.

"There's three pairs remaining. And may I remind you again that the winning pair will get a free dinner at Al's Diner," the host announced, and the cheering grew louder. Jace and I had our own shippers, our family and friends, who wouldn't stop teasing us.

"Nail it, Jacey boy," our neighbor, Mr. Peterson, yelled, "win the game and the girl!"

Jace flushed so hard, but he just laughed shyly and swung me in his arms. He was pretty competitive. It was always in his veins. He attained his dreams like being a basketball star in high school, an academic achiever, and building his own business empire. He earned everything through his struggles and hard work.

We continued to dance, laugh, and enjoy the game until the music stopped again.

In one fluid motion, he swept me up in his arms, as he balanced his one foot on the refolded newspaper. My arms clung around his neck, not moving and lightly breathing.

"Am I too heavy?"

"Nope. You're as light as a feather."

I rolled my eyes, and he chuckled.

"Wait, wait. Everyone, don't move," the host instructed the contestants as my fellow organizers inspected the feet of the contestants. "I think we already have a winner here."

I held my breath, waiting for the host to announce the winner.

"Our winning pair is Jace and Sweet!" The host shouted at the top of his lungs and everyone cheered so loud.

My eyes grew enormous with excitement. I gasped and looked at Jace, to share the happiness, when suddenly, his lips captured mine, kissing me passionately. Again. Just like the old times.

Everyone cheered aloud, especially our shippers, who were so happy for us.

Jace put me down, and I turned to the audience. I smiled and waved at everyone until my eyes caught at the man standing at the farthest end, looking at me with furious eyes.

It was Sebastian.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 410 25
People run away, love doesn't. The woeful life of Rose Barnes is showing no signs of improvement. She's alone in a new city, drowning in debt, with d...
6.3M 248K 43
The youngest billionaire in town with the looks of Adonis and everything at his feet desired just one thing more in life. His perfect match. He wishe...
8.8K 388 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...
401K 8.2K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...