Rescued (The Avengers Fanfict...

By writer_gone_wild

Angela Pierce has had it rough since the beginning. Foster care. Bullies. Being kidnapped and experimented on... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Author's Note
Chapter 30
Author's Note, yes, another.
Epilogue
Thank you

Chapter 18

11.4K 424 260
By writer_gone_wild

Did I hear him correctly? Did he say I was going to Asgard?

"Asgard?" I asked as if he was speaking a foreign language.

"Yes. You'll be safe there." he explained.

How in the world am I suppose to help from Asgard? How am I suppose to protect Mikey and hang out with Peter? The answer was simple.

I wasn't.

"Your just going to...ship...me off to Asgard?" I questioned, trying to find the word  to explain the sudden revelation.

"No one is shipping you anywhere. We just feel that Asgard is the safest place for you. Safe from Thanos."

"Wh-what  about Mikey? Who's going to protect him? What if something happens and I can't get back here?" My voice faltering when I began talking.

"Mikey is safe here with us, but it has been proven that Thanos can get to you easier than we originally thought." he clarified my worries.

But I was still against going. Sure, I'd have Loki and Thor, but I doubt they would be there all the time. I saw for myself how cold Odin was to Loki when I entered his memories. How would he react to a mortal on his world?

"Does Odin know, or even approve? He could have me executed the moment I step on his land."

"Odin is fully aware of you staying there. That's why Thor and Loki had been making trips there days at a time. They were making preparations in case they were needed." he admitted.

"So, you've been planning this all along? Without my consent?"

I felt a tinge of hurt. They didn't even think to ask me? This is my life after all.

Dad opened his mouth to reply but I held up my hand, stopping him.

"Tell me the truth, do I have an option?" I asked, keeping eye contact and looking for any of his tells.

He opened his mouth again, then closed it. He shifted from one foot to the other nervously, knowing he had been caught.

"You can say what you feel about it, but you're still going." he answered, giving me what I asked for.

The truth.

"Fine," I said, obviously not fine with it at all. "When am I leaving?"

"In an hour or so."

"Then I need some time to pack." I crossed my arms and shifted my weight to one foot, fixing my eyes on the carpet at his feet.

"Angela-" he started.

"I need to pack." I spat coldly, not wanting to hear his apologies.

Seconds later I saw his feet move and a door shut behind him. Breathing out, I started for my closet.  He was trying to protect me, they all were, I get it. But how was sending me to Asgard going to help anything. Thanos could probably reach me there like he could here.

But he couldn't get to me last night. Why? What was different?

Loki slept in my room, but he's done that before. Why would it be any different this time around?

Think.

Oh. That's why.

He slept in my bed, next to me with his arms around me. Loki can produce magic. If he can shield himself from un-wanting eyes it could have covered me with him.

But it wouldn't be powerful for both of us all night while hiding from an intergalactic criminal. Then again, my powers could have mingled with his without either of us knowing and provided a shield that Thanos couldn't detect.

I'd have to bring my theory up to Loki when we had a moment to ourselves.

Well, you'll have plenty of time on Asgard.

Placing my duffle bag on my bed, I looked through it to see what I had. A few pairs of jeans, some T-shirts, a few shorts, and pj's to sleep in. I've seen the clothes Thor and Loki wear to go to Asgard and when they come back, I'll most likely have to wear a similar get-up.

My eyes searched the room for anything else I  might be needing. The picture frame next to my bed caught my attention. It was a group photo of all of us when we went to the park after Mikey joined our dysfunctional family. It was meant to be of only Peter and I but then Tony tried to photobomb us, then Nat and Clint jumped in. The next thing you know, we're taking a group selfie.

My left arm was thrown around Peter's shoulder. Tony was getting a piggyback ride from Thor, who was laughing in delight. Thor's hand was clamped down on Loki's shoulder, who was sending a smirk to the camera. Dad was standing with Mikey, looking normal, except for the bunny ears that Clint was giving them while Nat gave him a pair of his own. Steve stood next to Nat smiling with an eyebrow raised, probably confused as to why we were looking at a small box and posing.

In a last minute decision I grabbed the frame and wrapped it in a scarf to keep it from being damaged on the way to Asgard. I didn't bother to look around my room again as I zipped up the bag and walked out, turning the lights out as I went.

"Miss. Pierce?" JARVIS' voice called as she walked down the hall and into the elevator.

"Yes?"

"How long will you be gone?"

"I'm not sure, JARVIS. Why?"

I was curious to why the robotic butler wanted to know when I would be back.

"I wanted to confirm if you wanted me to keep your room locked up while you were gone. Just to make sure Mr. Pierce and Mr. Parker did not pull any pranks while you were away."

His question touched my heart. My heart was warm because a robotic voice was concerned about me. He also assumed that I'd be back and that's what really got me.

"Yes, please. Thank you, JARVIS. Hopefully I'll be back soon."

"You're welcome."

The elevator door opened on the top floor. I heard chattering coming from the dining room so I headed that way. I needed food before I left the planet. The pure thought made my stomach turn.

Maybe a glass of water and some toast would be better.

When I got to the dining room I saw that everyone was there and eating, except Peter, who was probably working. Dropping my bag next to the door, I moved to take the seat between Tony and Nat, my dad sitting across from me.

It was silent when I sat down, everybody eyeing me. They probably heard about me not wanting to go. I ignored them while I buttered my toast.

"Good morning." Steve tested the waters.

'What's so good about it?' I wanted to say but settled for a smile in his direction and a "Good morning" in return.

After they deemed me safe, their conversations resumed. The only two people still eyeing me were Dad and Loki, the only two people who could sense that I was not having a good morning at all. Looking up, I began to speak to Tony.

"Did you guys tell Peter?" I asked, wanting to know if my best friend knew what was going on.

"I did not too long ago. He's swinging his way over now." Tony answered.

"Thanks." I mumbled and continued nibbling on my toast.

Thinking back to my theory on Thanos, I knock on the door in Loki's mind, asking for permission to enter. He caught my eye and let me in.

We need to talk later. I stated.

About?

Tell you later.

He nodded slightly so you could only see it if you were looking. After that, I left his mind alone, respecting his space, and stood up, leaving the crumbs on my plate and empty glass there.

"I'm going to wait for Peter." I let them know, when a few of them looked my way.

Picking up my bag as I left, I could still feel those two sets of eyes on me. I took out my phone and sent one word to Peter.

Roof.

A ride in the elevator later I was standing on the roof of Stark Tower, the wind whipping my hair around me. It was still winter and all I had on was a pair of jeans, a T-shirt and my leather jacket Natasha got me, but the cold wasn't getting to me. Suddenly, I could sense someone behind me.

"Honey, I'm home." Peter said, making me turn around.

"And what kind of time do you call this?" I joked, keeping a straight face before breaking into a smile and walking into Peter's open arms.

"I'm sorry, Ang. I didn't know anything about this until Tony called me." Peter explained.

It was good to know that he wasn't in all of this crap.

"It's fine. I've gotten use to it." I said, pulling away.

Peter shot me a look.

"Mostly." I corrected myself.

We moved to the edge of the building, letting our legs hang off.

"Asgard," Peter said, letting out a low, long whistle. "I can't believe it."

"I'm right there with you."

"Why now?"

"Thanos attacked me this morning through my mirror. That might have something to do with it."

In the corner of my eye I saw Peter's mouth hanging open. Reaching over, I closed his mouth for him.

"Careful, just because you're Spiderman doesn't mean you should eat flies."

"Yeah, that might have something to do with it." he finally said.

"What? I don't think Thanos cares about you eating flies."

"Angie..." he trailed off.

"Can we not talk about Asgard or Thanos? I'm gonna be spending only God knows how long there and thinking about that idiot that ruined my life." I asked, not wanting to talk about it.

"Sure, but before that happens. I promise that I'll keep an eye on Mikey for you. Make sure he mostly stays out of trouble." Peter said.

"Thank you.

I put my head on his shoulder and he wrapped an arm around me. We did this whenever the other needed comforting growing up. Which is probably why most people thought we were dating in the beginning of high school. Soon they got the picture that we were only friends. Our 'Can you imagine...' in our Senior yearbook was 'Can you imagine Angela P. without Peter P.'

We sat there talking about random things. I asked about Gwen and his job. He asked about training and my birthday party. Sadly, both things reminded me of he-who-shall-not-be-named but I steered clear of that topic.

Soon the elevator opened and part of my family piled out. The others came up the stairs since there wasn't enough room.

"Show time." I sighed, taking Peter's hand to help me up.

We hugged again. My eyes closed as we squeezed each other tightly, not wanting me to go. We finally let go of each other, me holding back tears.

"I'll see you soon." Peter said, acting like this was a 'see you later' rather a 'goodbye'.

"Of course. I'll see you around." I smiled as a traitor tear escaped its prison.

Peter wiped it away and kissed my forehead in a brotherly way. I punched his shoulder after he let go of me.

"Oww!" he whined.

"That's for making me cry." I laughed.

Peter rubbed his shoulder as we walked over to the group. I hugged everyone, everyone saying or doing something different. Nat hugged me tightly and said to be good, to which I gave her a look saying 'yeah, right.' Clint almost lifted me off my feet. Steve saluted me and I returned it before hugging him anyway. Tony said it would cost for a Stark hug, I hugged him anyway and told him I'd pay him back by letting him be my official unofficial uncle. Mikey hugged me like Peter did and I told not to get tall while I was away. Finally, it was my dad's turn.

"Hey." he started.

"Hi." I threw my arms around his shoulders and he wrapped his around my torso.

"Let's say bye on good terms and forget this morning. I'm sorry I snapped at you by the way. I know you want what's best for me." I said, meaning what I was saying.

"I'd like that. I'm sorry it was sprung on you like that."

With that being said, I pecked his cheek before backing up but still holding his shoulders.

"Be safe." I said.

"Me? You're the one going to a different planet," he joked. "But I'll do my best."

"Same. I don't know how the people of Asgard are going to react to a mortal entering their domain."

Peter handed me my duffle before I walked to the center of the platform to meet Loki and Thor there.

"Are you ready, Lady Angela?" Thor asked.

Without looking back at my family I nodded and stood in between the two men.

"You might want to hold on," Loki said. "You're not use to travelling this way."

He placed an arm around my shoulder and I wrapped mine around his torso. Thor looked to the sky and shouted to it.

"Heimdall, open the Bifrost!"

Suddenly, the wind picked up and colors combined as my feet were pulled away from the Tower's roof. Closing my eyes, I wrapped my other arm around Loki to keep us from getting separated. Then, my feet met solid ground, a small jolt of pain shot through my legs but I managed to stay up right. There was a deep chuckle as I opened my eyes to take in my surroundings.

We were in a dome made of shiny, pure gold. Behind us was a portal that was being closed. That's probably how we got here. In front of us were some steps, a man in golden armor held a matching gold sword. I was sensing a theme here.

"Welcome Lady Angela Pierce of Midgard."

Do you want to know the first thing I said in Asgard?

"What's up with you people and calling women Lady?"

****************

Guess who's in Asgard.

Guess which warriors she'll meet.

What about the kind and queen?

You'll have to see in the next chapter.

If that didn't sound like one of those people at the end of a dramatic TV show then I don't know what will.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 734 28
When Loki crashes on Amanda's date, she doesn't forget. Niece of Tony Stark, she seeks out her uncle and ends up staying with him for most of her lif...
45.1K 1.6K 31
Ayça Beckland recently broke up with her abusive ex. She decides to move into an apartment in NYC with her sister, but she can't seem to shake her pa...
22.3K 566 30
Loki keeps having dreams about a woman he's never met before, until one day he steals the tesseract and teleports to a place he's never seen before...
6.1K 193 52
Long before the events of Thor and the Avengers, the god of mischief fell for a common Asgardian maiden. Late night meetings and secret rendezvous's...