Chapter 18

Did I hear him correctly? Did he say I was going to Asgard?

"Asgard?" I asked as if he was speaking a foreign language.

"Yes. You'll be safe there." he explained.

How in the world am I suppose to help from Asgard? How am I suppose to protect Mikey and hang out with Peter? The answer was simple.

I wasn't.

"Your just going to...ship...me off to Asgard?" I questioned, trying to find the word  to explain the sudden revelation.

"No one is shipping you anywhere. We just feel that Asgard is the safest place for you. Safe from Thanos."

"Wh-what  about Mikey? Who's going to protect him? What if something happens and I can't get back here?" My voice faltering when I began talking.

"Mikey is safe here with us, but it has been proven that Thanos can get to you easier than we originally thought." he clarified my worries.

But I was still against going. Sure, I'd have Loki and Thor, but I doubt they would be there all the time. I saw for myself how cold Odin was to Loki when I entered his memories. How would he react to a mortal on his world?

"Does Odin know, or even approve? He could have me executed the moment I step on his land."

"Odin is fully aware of you staying there. That's why Thor and Loki had been making trips there days at a time. They were making preparations in case they were needed." he admitted.

"So, you've been planning this all along? Without my consent?"

I felt a tinge of hurt. They didn't even think to ask me? This is my life after all.

Dad opened his mouth to reply but I held up my hand, stopping him.

"Tell me the truth, do I have an option?" I asked, keeping eye contact and looking for any of his tells.

He opened his mouth again, then closed it. He shifted from one foot to the other nervously, knowing he had been caught.

"You can say what you feel about it, but you're still going." he answered, giving me what I asked for.

The truth.

"Fine," I said, obviously not fine with it at all. "When am I leaving?"

"In an hour or so."

"Then I need some time to pack." I crossed my arms and shifted my weight to one foot, fixing my eyes on the carpet at his feet.

"Angela-" he started.

"I need to pack." I spat coldly, not wanting to hear his apologies.

Seconds later I saw his feet move and a door shut behind him. Breathing out, I started for my closet.  He was trying to protect me, they all were, I get it. But how was sending me to Asgard going to help anything. Thanos could probably reach me there like he could here.

But he couldn't get to me last night. Why? What was different?

Loki slept in my room, but he's done that before. Why would it be any different this time around?

Think.

Oh. That's why.

He slept in my bed, next to me with his arms around me. Loki can produce magic. If he can shield himself from un-wanting eyes it could have covered me with him.

But it wouldn't be powerful for both of us all night while hiding from an intergalactic criminal. Then again, my powers could have mingled with his without either of us knowing and provided a shield that Thanos couldn't detect.