Chapter 27

*Angela's POV*

Tony was walking out of the lab right when I was about to walk in.

"Hey, Jelly. I'm going to get a snack. Want anything?" he asked, turning around to face me as I held the door open.

"No. I'm good."

He left, leaving me alone with my dad. Usually I wasn't so nervous around Dad but I was telling him something that he might get...frustrated about. I was going to tell him about Loki.

I pulled a stool up to the table he was working at and sat down. He was putting together the tracker, his hands trying to connect the pieces like a complected jigsaw puzzle.

"That looks like its coming along good." I started, getting my nerve straight.

He looked sideways at me skeptically, then examined his work.

"Why the small talk?" he asked.

Dang it!

"I wanted to tell you something before someone else found out and told you." I explained.

It would be worst if he found out from one of the Avengers. Dad put the device down and took off his glasses. He sat on his stood.

"And what would that be?"

"A lot of things happened in Asgard."

"Uh huh." he said, allowing me to continue.

"Well, there was a party, which is a long story, but that's for another time. Anyways, I was dancing and I saw Loki walk out. Naturally, I followed and we...um..." I tailed off.

How do you tell your dad you confessed your feelings to someone he Hulk Smashed? Feelings that your dad didn't know you had.

"Wait, wait. Did you two...you know?" he asked awkwardly, fiddling with his hands and looking uncomfortable.

Then it hit me.

"No!" I proclaimed. "We defiantly didn't sleep together in that sense."

He let out a breath of relief.

"Good. I thought you might be pregnant," he looked at me again, confused. "If that wasn't it, then what?"

"Loki and I are together." I said quickly, like pulling off a band-aid.

Dad was quiet as he pinched the bridge of his nose and bent over. Soon, his shoulders started shaking. Was he crying?

Why is he sad? Maybe he's ashamed. I thought he was good with Loki. Would he make me not see Loki any more?

That's not going to happen. I won't let it.

"Dad, I'm sorry that your upset, but-"

Before I could tell him that him not liking Loki didn't change the way I feel about him, he showed me his face. He wasn't crying.

He was laughing.

What?

"I'm not upset," he clarified as he wiped his eyes. Tony walked in. "You owe me 30 dollars."

Tony stopped mid-step and looked between the two of us before a small smile found its way onto his face.

"Really?" Tony questioned Dad.

"Yeah." Dad responded.

"About time." Tony snorted, crunching on a chip.

"Okay, I'm confused." I shared, raising my hand.

"Daddy-o and I made a bet," I gave him a questioning look and he continued. "You and Reindeer Games get together Daddy wins. You don't, I do. Thanks a lot."