Broken Blades

By darkest112

"You over estimate your importance in my life, Logan. Just because we share, shared a stupid bond does not ma... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE

NINE

73 12 0
By darkest112

____

S U M M E R

"You cannot be serious, Micah." I glare at my beta who looks away.

"Logan kept most things secret. He rarely shared anything with me. I only know a few basic things about the pack." Micah whispers looking away from me. He looked pretty down after I had glared at him.

Three pack members came to Micah early morning complaining about how their children had been missing for a while now. Logan had promised them that he was doing everything he could to get them back. I'm shocked they took a whole year for them to raise the issue. It came as utter shock to me that people in the pack were missing. Pack members were missing and no one else knew about it. Not even Micah himself. The beta.

"Do you know when he promised them he'll get them back, when did they disappear? You completely know nothing about this?" I glare at Micah whose eyes had not met mine. What was the point of a beta if they didn't coordinate with an alpha. Was Logan an alpha at all?

"I don't know. What I'm sure about is that a few pack members had come complaining to Logan. I only heard snippets of the conversation. I didn't ask hoping he'd tell me eventually. I think that was it." Micah reveals and I groan. This pack was a lot worse than I thought.

"Was there any documents that hinted anything towards Logan's research of the missing pack members or even how they went missing?" I ask and Micah looks away. I know my answer.

"Was there anything recorded? Any clue?" I ask more to myself as I rummage through the thick sheets of paperwork on Logan's desk. I hadn't moved a thing. This place held horrid memories and I was considering destroying the whole thing. Thank goodness I hadn't.

"Bring the parents of the missing wolves to me, please." I request, rubbing my temple in frustration. Micah mutters a yes before exiting the office. I stare at the large stack of papers and documents and groan. Being alpha is surely not a walk in the pack. The amount of content spilled on the table manages to cause a pounding behind my eyes. This was going to take a while to sort through and find the most important ones while discarding the rest.  From the look of things Logan was just an alpha for show. I had sorted a few important documents, the amount of money allowed to each pack members, the amount for constructions of new houses and any other necessity from pack members. Some members approached me while others completely avoided me. It has only been a year so I don't expect love and dedication anyway.

Heavy footsteps echo somewhere outside my door before they get closer. From the heavy steps, I note it's a male, two females and Micah. It takes a few seconds before their scents tickle my nose, the scent of the pack, as a knock sounds.

"Come in," I call and the door opens.

I stare as two females walk in with a male trailing behind them, Micah holding the door. I stare at the two females. One has olive skin with pale green eyes with dark hair held in a messy bun. She's quite slim and more on the shorter side. I couldn't even tell their ages because supernatural aging rarely occured. The other female has chocolate complexion, blue eyes with dark brown curls cascading down her back. She's neither short nor tall, average height. The male, like most male wolves is bulking with muscles. His pale skin contradicts with his striking dark eyes. He looks quite intimidating. I know instantly he is one of the warriors. I have seen him around the pack and the training ground before and yet, we never really interacted before. I held pack meetings often and yet most members still avoided me like the plague, the male included.

"Please take a sit." I say and the shorter lady glares at me before looking away. The lady with messy curls and the male both sit down.

"Please, what are your names?" I almost feel embarrassed by the question. I have been in this pack all my life and I barely interacted with pack members. When I became Logan's mate, it grew even worse.

The lady's glare becomes even harsher and it gets on my nerves. I stare back at her, my wolf pushing forward as if feeling my agitation and how the lady was being disrespectful. The lady has the gulls to look away, fear flashing in her eyes. I prided myself in being a respectful alpha who granted everyone their freedom but I hated disrespect. It was something I couldn't stand even before Logan.

"I'm Joe, alpha." The male says, bowing his head slightly.

"I'm Sarah." The curly haired, chocolate skinned lady replies.

The olive toned one stares at me with disdain and I snarl.

"You either address me with respect or get out." I can feel my aura grow and the two bow. The lady does so too rather quickly.

"I'm Elisa." She grumbles and I nod.

"I heard from my beta about your missing children. Can you please explain what happened because Logan never shared any of this information." I say and their eyes widen.

"What?" Joe asks, his dark eyes wide.

"That. . .that isn't true." Elisa says, her eyes growing sorrowful. It's that moment I realize maybe she's scared for her child.

"What?" I'm perplexed.

Sarah responds, "Logan promised us he was dealing it with his beta and that they had a lead. I thought we would be hearing from him soon. He never responded."

My eyes widen.

"When exactly was this?"

"Two years ago." Joe replies, his eyes growing cold.

Two years? That's been so long. I'm even more confused now. Chances of their children being alive was slim. I didn't voice the thoughts out. Why did they wait for so long to address it.

"Why didn't you address it immediately I became alpha?"

"We weren't sure you'd be alpha. The council were not happy and you were grieving your mate. It would have been cruel to spring this on you." Sarah says and I don't know what to say so I ask the most resounding question in my head.

"How did they disappear?"

"My son was in training to be a warrior. Most of the warriors in training are usually given duties as pack patrols. Only for them to get acquainted with pack border and what to do in case there's a breach." Joe explains. I already knew that. It was something the pack has done for decades.  "Silus didn't come home the second day after it was his turn. I thought he was spending time with one of his friends because he did that sometimes. When he didn't turn up, I tried mind-linking him. It was gone. I couldn't even feel him. I informed the alpha and he promised to look into it. A few months went by and he did nothing. My mate is in utter distress." I can see the deep rooted pain in his eyes and my heart clench. The thought of losing your child and not knowing their fate is soul crushing.

"Did your children disappear at the same time?" I ask staring at the two women whose expressions now mirror Joe's.

"Almost at the same time. It only happened a month apart. Celia disappeared and then weeks later, Ania did." Sarah says and I finally understand the pain in her eyes.

"Were they also warriors in training?" I ask and Elisa nods.

This was getting crazy.

"That was two years ago. Did any other pack members disappear after that?" I ask and Joe's hesitates.

"Joe, if you know something please speak up."

"I'm not sure but a few other have."

"How did you know?" I ask.

I knew a few people in this pack. Most of them.

"Two of them had lived in the orphanage. You may know them actually, Charlie and Simon." Joe says and my eyes widen. Of course I did. They were about a year older than me. We had been friends. I didn't even noticed they were gone. What have I gotten myself into?

"How old are your children?" I ask.

"Silus was 19. He'd be 21 now." His eyes grow even duller.

"Celia is 19." Sarah says refusing to believe otherwise.

"Ania is 18." Elisa says tears flooding her eyes.

This pack was getting complicated by the day. What was Logan up to? Why didn't he report the missing wolves?  Why didn't he even warn pack members if kidnappings were happening or if rogues were attacking the pack. Now that I think about it, there has never been a rogue attack here. Packs always experience rogue attacks from time to time and yet there are none here. Was he in cahoots with rogues? I wasn't sure what to think anymore.

"I'll look into it and I promise I'll give you answers the moment I find anything." I assure the three and I realize, almost in an instant, that it means nothing to them when I stare into their eyes. Logan had promised them the same thing and he delivered nothing. He even hid the whole thing from everyone else. An alpha usually has the complete trust of pack members and I understand why they had all their faith on the said man.

Joe nods his head but his eyes speaks a different message. He gets up, bows and exits the room. Sarah does the same, her eyes barely holding back her tears. My heart clench feeling terrible for them.

Elisa lingers for a few minutes and when their footsteps have faded away, she speaks, her eyes looking so sad and so detached. She stands and walks towards me, the desk separating us.

"Please, alpha. If you find anything at all, even if it's a body, just tell me. Tell us so I can finally have closure. I want to truly believe that my baby is alive but it's been two years, almost three. I just can't keep hoping. If you discover anything, anything at all, don't hesitate. It's better to know the truth than to keep hoping." She says and my heart breaks for her. I nod my head solemnly looking away from her broken expression. She nods and wipes away her tears. She bows slightly and leaves the room.

I stare at my beta who is still standing by the door. By the expression on his face, I can tell he already knows something is wrong. Something is definitely definitely wrong here and I don't know how to fix it. I don't even have a lead.

What was Logan really up to?

____

Was the change quite abrupt? I feel it was but we are done with the intro! So what are your thoughts? What do you think Logan was up to?
Do you think he was involved in something dangerous or it's just Logan being a butt?

What are your thoughts? Speak to me, people!

See you soon! Our male lead is almost here!

Vote. Comment. Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

555K 17.1K 31
In a world of the supernatural, there lived many species who once existed together in harmony. As time progressed, so did the tension between the spe...
12.1K 568 57
***COMPLETED*** TO THE MOON GODDESS What would you do if someone said you can make your wish come true? Ansel Reat, the son of werewolves and members...
422 54 16
Born to an Alpha father and a twin brother, Ivy struggles to claim and secure her rightful title as the Alpha of the Blood Moon pack. As a female, sh...
176K 3.5K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...