The Boy Next Door

By em_writess

This is Dual Pov Between Ace and Mia! (A lot of flirting and a tiny bit of smut) ๐—”๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด: ๐™ฐ... More

Introduction
Character Aesthetics
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[51]
Epilouge #1
Epilogue #2
Bonus Chapter
Authors Note

[35]

880 12 1
By em_writess

"Mia what have you been doing," Ace says while entering Leah's room.

"She got me ready for the trip," Leah says.

I was currently packing Leah's suitcase for Scotland. For your information, she has adorable clothes. I packed some swimsuits, pjs, shorts, and T-shirts. I put only 3 nice outfits in her suitcase. Just in case Ace wants to bring her to an event.

"I packed the suitcase so you wouldn't have to worry about it," I say.

"You didn't have to," he says.

"But I wanted to, also Blake and them already left," I say.

"Thank you for this and the heads up," he says.

"You are welcome and besides she looks adorable." I fold some of her clothes into the suitcase.

"I agree," he says.

"So when should we leave for the airport."

"In about two hours. Todd already sent me the information about hotels and the dates of some events. I will send you the email he sent me."

"Okay sounds good and since I did all the packing you have to make me breakfast," I say.

"What would you like," I ask

"Hmmm, I think I want an Iced coffee and a cinnamon roll," I say.

"Coming right up."
*****

We boarded the plane 20 minutes ago. I have not sat in better seats in a while. I sigh relaxing my body into the chair.

"You can thank my father later," Mia says.

We are sitting first class and are on our way to Scotland. We have four more hours to go. Leah is already passed out and Mia and I have been going over the schedule.

"So how many meetings will you have? Is there anything going on tonight," she asks.

"We have to check into the hotel and it will be around 3 am when we get there because of the time difference," I say.

"Oh, that is right. I forgot about the time difference," she says

"Yeah, same. I have a meeting at 12 and then we have an event at 7 pm and since my parents are here in Scotland they said they would watch Leah if it just wants to be us two at an event," I say.

"Perfect maybe the first one can be us too and then she can come to the rest."

"Aww Great!"

"So what days look the most carefree?"

"So we land on Sunday. He hasn't put down a date for when we head back home, but that's normal. I think we have Wednesday and Friday free, that is if he doesn't update the schedule anymore, but with Todd, he is always full of surprises."

"Great because I am going to need a spa day, beach day, and a shopping day," Mia says.

"Whatever you want," I say.

"Ace?"

"Yes?"

"What does the room situation look like," she asks.

"Why do you want to know?"

"I wanna know if I am sleeping with you or not?"

"Even if there are extra beds you will be sleeping with me," I say.

"Perfect."

*****
"Ace you made it here in one piece," Todd says.

We landed at the airport in Glasgow, Scotland.

"Mia you made it here safely," her dad says.

"Yeah, I did. When is our check-in time," she says in a whisper not wanting to wake Leah up.

"Ace should have all the information," Mark says.

A/N: Mark is Mia's Dad. Todd is Ace's uncle.

"Do we have some time to kill I wanna get some food on the way there," I ask Mia.

I don't feel like chatting with these grown-ups. That's what our meetings are for.

"Ace," Todd says.

"Save it for the meeting," I say.

"Car keys," Mia asks her father.

"Here, it is the newest model of the 2016 Bugatti Chiron," he says.

That is my dream car.

"Parking," she asks.

"Last floor that is reserved so you will see it when you enter the area," Mark says.

"Great let's go, Ace. Leah needs more sleep," she says.

*****
"Wanna stop here," I ask Mia.

"Yeah," she whispers.

We drove up to the Panera drive-through to order some food for takeout. Leah had been sleeping all day, which was fortunate because she might not be bothered by the time difference.

"Are you excited to be here?"

"No, I don't know what to expect," I say.

"What if they give you a big offer? Will you take it?"

"I am familiar with this as I have been doing it for a long time. However, I haven't returned to it in the past 4 years. I am surprised they have been keeping track of me all this time."

"Then what are we doing here?"

"Tonight, there is only one event which is an awards ceremony. After that, certain players will be selected to attend an invite-only scrimmage. The rest of the plan will be determined from there." I say.

"Got it."

"Let's start moving. First, we'll head to the hotel where we can rest for a few hours. At 1 pm, I have a meeting followed by an event at 9 pm that we both can attend. Todd made some changes to the schedule for today."

"Alright, that's fine. As long as you're with me, I'll feel safe and secure," she says softly.
*****

After the daylight savings time change, I was surprised to find that Ace, who normally sleeps beside me, was missing when I woke up. I haven't heard from him yet, which has made me very worried.

I quickly take a glance at my phone. 2:34 pm. I slept that long.

Also no wonder Ace hasn't been able to get ahold of me he is in a meeting.

"Mia where is Ace," Leah asks crawling to sit beside me on the bed.

"Oh honey, he had a meeting for big boy work."

"Okay."

"Wanna go eat some food."

"Yes please."

"Okay give me a couple minutes then we can go."

When I switched on the TV, the Disney channel was already playing Sofia the First. It was fortunate because Leah was already captivated by the show.

The lunch event is still ongoing and has not ended yet, according to the front desk. So me and Leah decide to get ready to go eat.

I dressed up in my green blazer and matching shorts, both of which are in the same shade of green. To complete my look, I wore black loafers and applied a light layer of makeup.

"Leah, are you ready?"

"Yep but can you do piggies."

"Of course, I can. Do you want to pick your outfit out?"

"Yes."

She decides to match my color and pulled out a green sweater. It was pretty chilly out so this is perfect. I put her hair up into a slick back bun because she changed her mind. I added a black bow around the bun to complete the look.

"All done ready to go eat."

"Yes, food."

Ping!

Ace
Sorry, I left in a hurry! I will meet you and Leah in the lobby in ten minutes!
Great. We are headed
that way now!
______________________________

"How was the meeting," I ask Ace.

"Boring. During the meeting, they discussed player rankings and the upcoming events scheduled for tonight," he says.

"Okay," I say.

"Leah, how are you doing?"

"I'm good I wanna go swimming," she says.

"How about we go back to the hotel, change and then we can swim for a couple of hours," Ace says.

"Yay. I wanna swim all day."

"Leah, today Mommy will be spending time with you as Mia and I have to be somewhere in a couple of hours.," Ace says.

"Mommy!"

"Sounds like a plan. Ace are you going to join us," I ask him.

"I should be able to unless Todd unexpectedly calls me."

"Great."

After finishing our meal, Ace and I discuss his plans for the upcoming week. However, I can't help but feel a bit disappointed as I had hoped this trip would allow us to bond more, but it seems like it's been all business so far. Although I anticipated this when informing my father of my visit. I had only hoped for at least a few hours of quality time together.

We have the event at least. I am not entirely sure what business people will be there but Ace should know everyone and that is perfectly fine with me. Plus it's also the first day unexpected things can happen at any moment.

*****
"Ahh, this feels nice," I say.

The weather got brighter and hotter, right now I am laying out while Ace is playing with Leah in the pool.

He is such a good brother that sometimes I forget that he is the brother. He could pass for the father of Leah because he's taken such good care of her these past few months.

"Mia?"

I recognized that voice. I have heard it multiple times. I turned and got up from my seat to see who it was.

"Jorden Meyers?"

"Well if it isn't Mia Thompson," he says sternly.

"What are you doing here," I ask.

"I should ask you the same thing."

"What do you want?"

"Oh, you're asking the wrong questions, Mia."

"What do you mean by that?"

"You'll find out. But be prepared."

"Prepared for what," I ask.

"Prepared to be concerned about everything and everyone."

"What?"

"I'll see you around Mia."

"Jo- Ace."

"Why is Jorden here? Did he hurt you? Are you okay? What the hell happened," he swarms me with a question a that I have no answers to.

"I don't know why he is here and no he did not hurt me. I have no idea what just happened," I say.

"Things just got different," Ace says.

"Okay well we need to head back and get ready my mom is at the pool playing with Leah so we are free to leave."

"How long do we have until the event?"

"About two hours."

"Ace it takes me at least three hours to get ready if I am lucky. I mean makeup, hair dress, and shoes take a lot of time to decide," I say.

He stands there like he is not affected by any of this. "Princess, I already have your dress picked out and the make-up team is coming by in an hour to do your look. You will be fine," Ace says.

A slight gasp escapes my mouth, "Ace. Why would you do that."

"Because." He takes a step closer. "I wanna make sure you look good."

"Why is that?"

"Because you are mine."

"Oh really," I say and bite down on my lower lip.

"Stop doing that,"

"Why?"

"Because every time you do something like that, I want to do this." Before I could even speak again his lips come crashing onto mine. There was so much want and need for this kiss.

Our lips met in a way that exceeded all my expectations. As our lips met, I could feel his commanding presence. It became evident to me that I had to show my strength to keep up with his intense energy. I ran my fingers through his hair pulling on it lightly, while his hands firmly held onto my waist. The movement I did make a soft groan escape his lips.

I felt my lips curve into a smile and a blush crept onto my cheeks.

He pulled away resting his forehead against my own. "God, I wish nobody was here right now," he whispers.

"Why," I whisper.

"It doesn't matter let's go get you ready for tonight," he says.

A/N
Hi, I'm back now!! I hoped you all loved this chapter as much as I did. Make sure to tell me your thoughts in the comments.

I will post another chapter very soon! So stay tuned!!!

Word count: 1982

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.3K 1.9K 42
[Book 1 of the Mia Series] This story is about Mia and the struggles she deals with throughout her senior year in high school. Unfortunately, she has...
1.7K 730 62
Mia, valedictorian since Year 6, but guarded by her fears of failing, who is attracted to Oliver, must help her overcome her demons of the past. Why...
313 2 30
"๐‘ฌ๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š ๐’…๐’†๐’‚๐’… ๐’†๐’๐’… ๐’”๐’•๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’• ๐’๐’†๐’… ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’”๐’•๐’“๐’‚๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’• ๐’•๐’ ๐’Ž๐’†. ๐‘ต๐’๐’˜ ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’“๐’† ๐’‚๐’๐’ ๐‘ฐ ๐’๐’†๐’†๐’…. ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’”๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’Œ๐’‡๐’–๐’...
11.7M 519K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...