Naruto x M! Reader

By simonchip

"Keep this, M/n. If you are in danger, call it out and they would save you." The woman said as she locked the... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 5

291 10 1
By simonchip

"He's late." Naruto grumbled he looked left and right through the halls. M/n could just stare at him in boredom.

"Naruto! Just sit down!" Sakura ordered, having her patience run out from a certain blonde head.

"I don't want to! How come our teacher's the only one that's late?! I'm ready to roll, believe it!" Naruto argued. "The other groups already met their new teachers and took off on some adventure or something and Iruka-sensei's gone too!"

"We know, okay?"

M/n yawned and looked around trying to find something to entertain himself with. His eyes looked at the eraser that was on the board and then towards the door.

He smirked and walked towards Naruto. "Hey, Naruto."

"Hm? What is it, M/n?" Naruto raised an eyebrow at M/n's smirk. He knows M/n is planning something when he has a smirk on his face.

"I've got an idea." M/n rubbed his hands like as if he was some sort evil villain from a fairy tale. The h/c haired male cupped Naruto's ear and started whispering his plan.

Naruto made an 'o' shape with his mouth and then he started to grin. "Hehe, good idea!"

"Hey! What are you doing?!"

Naruto was standing on top of a stool and was seen putting an eraser in between the door and the wall. Naruto giggled like a mad man, which made M/n snort at the sound of it.

"Naruto!" Sakura scolded with her hands on her hips.

"That's what he gets for coming late! Surprise!" Naruto yelled as he jumped out the stool.

"You're asking for trouble! You know you shouldn't do that!"

M/n walked up to Sakura and swung his arm over her shoulders. "Come on, Sakura, loosen up. As Naruto said, that's what he gets for coming late." He grinned.

Sakura blushed when she felt M/n's body pressed onto hers. 'Look at this Ino! In your face! M/n-kun is touching me!' Inner Sakura cheered in victory.

"I-I mean, I guess so." Sakura stuttered.

"Hm, our teacher's a Jonin, an elite ninja. You'd think he'd fall for that?" Sasuke spoke, still sitting in his signature position.

"You never know, Sasuke. It might surprise you." M/n teased and stuck his tongue out to the black haired Uchiha.

Sasuke gave him a hard stare like every Uchiha does but M/n didn't care like the awesome mc he is.

Suddenly, they all saw a hand grab the door. Naruto and M/n giggled, Sasuke just looked at the door and Sakura gasped.

The Jonin slid the door and stepped inside. The students watched as the eraser fell on top of the Jonin's head.

Silence was heard around the room until Naruto and M/n laughed. "We got him! He totally fell for it!"

"I'm sorry, Sensei! I told him not to do it but he wouldn't listen, I'd never do anything like that!" Sakura tried to be slick but if only they knew what her inner Sakura was saying.

Kakashi stared at his students before bending down to grab the eraser. He put his hand on his chin in a thinking position and spoke. "How can I put this? My first impression of this group. You're all a bunch of idiots."

The Genin deadpanned while M/n was ready to push his sleeves up and throw hands after getting insulted by an old looking man.

Everyone was now on the roof. Kakashi was in front of them, sitting down on the railings. Sasuke sat on the top step, Sakura, Naruto and M/n on the last step.

"Alright, why don't you introduce yourselves? One at a time." Kakashi said flatly with arms crossed acting like as if he doesn't want to be here.

"Introduce ourselves? Well, what are we supposed to say?" Sakura asked.

"Things you like, things you hate, dreams for the future, hobbies, things like that." Kakashi shrugged.

"Why don't you tell us stuff first? I mean, before we talk, tell us about you so we can see how it's supposed to work." Naruto suggested.

"Me? I'm Kakashi Hatake. Things I like and things I hate? I don't really feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future.... Never really thought about it. As for my hobbies, I have lots of hobbies."

M/n's eyebrow twitched at the lack of information he got from the grey haired Jonin.

"That was totally useless. All he really told us was his name." Sakura said to which Naruto and M/n agreed.

"Okay, your turn. You on the right. You first." Kakashi ordered towards Naruto.

Naruto grabbed his headband as if trying to show it off. "Believe it! I'm Naruto Uzumaki. I like instant ramen in a cup and I really like the ramen Iruka-sensei  got me at the Ichiraku noodle shop but I hate the three minutes you have to wait after you pour the water in the ramen cup. My hobby is eating different kinds of ramen and comparing them with M/n. And my future dream is... to be the greatest Hokage! Then the whole village will stop disrespecting me and start treating me like I'm somebody- somebody important!" Naruto ended it with a determined grin.

"Alright, next."

"I'm Sakura Haruno! What I like.. uh- I mean, the people I like is..." Sakura blushed and looked at Sasuke and at M/n. "Uh, my hobby is uh..." She looked back and forth between Sasuke and M/n.

M/n yawned and took out mochi from out of nowhere.

"My dream for the future is..." Sakura trailed off but cut herself by squealing into her hands.

"And? What do you hate?" Kakashi asked not interested at all.

"Naruto!" Sakura said not even hesitating. Not even lying a teensy tiny bit. Naruto cried out with tears in his eyes.

"Next..." Kakashi mumbled, showing how bored he is at the moment.

"My name is Sasuke Uchiha. I hate a lot of things and I don't particularly like anything." Sasuke emphasized on the liking part which made Sakura lightly gasp. "What I have is not a dream because I will make it a reality. I'm going to restore my clan and destroy a certain someone."

Nobody spoke, leaving them in an awkward silence.

'What a depressing little boy.' M/n thought as he glanced at Sasuke.

"And lastly?" Kakashi finally said, trying to clear the atmosphere away.

"Hm? Oh, right!" M/n gulped the last bite of his mochi before speaking. "I'm M/n. I don't really know my last name but it's alright! Things I like are sleeping, eating ramen with Naruto, buying mochi, and stargazing. Things I hate is when I don't find my favorite flavored mochi in shops. My hobby is tasting every type of mochi. And my dream for the future is to be one of the greatest ninja." M/n said with a wide smile. 

"Good, you're each unique and you have your own ideas. We'll have our first mission tomorrow." Naruto immediately sprung up at this.

"What kind of mission are we going to have?" Naruto asked as he saluted towards Kakashi.

"It's a task that the five of us we'll do together." Kakashi edged on, not giving a specific answer.

"What! What! What! What?!" Naruto demanded, excitedly.

"A survival exercise."

"Huh? Survival exercise?." M/n repeated, feeling confused.

"I thought we were supposed to have a real mission, not some more practice! We already did this stuff at the Academy. That's how we got here." Sakura said.

"This is not like your previous training."

"So, what kind of training is it then?" M/n asked as he crossed his arms.

Kakashi let out a low chuckle which totally did not creep out M/n. Definitely not.

"Hey! What's so funny, Sensei?" Sakura asked as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Well, if I tell you the answer, you will not going to like it." Kakashi said as an another chuckle erupted from his mouth. "Of the 27 graduates you just came here, only 9 will actually be accepted as Genin. The other 18 will be weeded out and sent back to the Academy. In other words, this is a make it or break it, pass, fail test and the chance that you'll fail is at least 66%." Kakashi claimed as he had his hand on his face like as if he wanted to act mysterious.

Naruto looked shocked, Sasuke still had his uninterested face and M/n and Sakura sweat dropped.

"Well, what nice faith he has of us." M/n muttered, sarcastically.

"See? Didn't I tell you, you wouldn't like it?" Kakashi asked in a teasing-type tone.

"That's crazy! We worked hard to get here, believe it! What was that graduation test for anyway?" Naruto yelled.

"Oh, that? That was just to select candidates who might become Genin... or not." Kakashi shrugged.

"What?!" Naruto shook in anger.

"That's how it is. I decide whether you pass or fail. Be at the designated training spot at 5 am and bring your ninja gear."

Everyone except M/n, who was staring at the clouds, thought with determination.

"That's it! You're dismissed. Oh, tomorrow you better skip breakfast or else... you'll puke." That's the last thing he said before he disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

M/n's eyes were literally about to pop out of their sockets. "Huh?! B-But that's the best part about starting the day! Food is life, it's love!"

"But, M/n. You have to do it or you'll puke." Sakura yelled worriedly at her crush. Of course she didn't want her crush to puke and get sick. That's absurd.

M/n sighed and went along at what Sakura said. But him being him, he definitely won't be having breakfast. Definitely not..

The Next Day

M/n's alarm clock echoed around his room. He groggily sat up and stretched his back.

M/n stood up from his bed and walked toward his bathroom. After a few minutes, he opened the door, revealing him in his ninja clothes.

He was still half asleep so he clearly bumped into the kitchen walls.

What he didn't notice was a bowl and a spoon were magically floating and being gently put down on his table. Then, his cabinets opened and a cereal box was set down next to the bowl.

M/n grabbed the box of cereal and poured himself a good amount before pouring the milk next. He picked up his spoon and scooped up some cereal before he ate it.

In mid chewing he stared at the bowl, then at the cereal, and then at the spoon. He stayed silent for a moment before he jumped out of his chair.

"When did that get there?! I'm sure it was not me! Omgomgomg, MY APARTMENT IS HAUNTED!!"

M/n ran out the door not forgetting to put on his sandals and get his pouch full of ninja tools. He literally skedaddled towards the training grounds.

When he was finally there he saw Naruto and Sakura half asleep walking towards each other while Sasuke was wide awake.

"Guys! Guys! I have something to tell you!!" M/n screamed as he neared his other teammates.

Naruto groaned at M/n's loudness.

"Hm? What is it M/n-kun?" Sakura asked as she lazily rubbed her eyes.

M/n gulped loudly before his eyes darted from left to right. "I think my apartment is haunted." Now this catched the attention of the other three but Sasuke acted like as if he wasn't interested.

"Huh? What do you mean, M/n?" Naruto questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Like, this has happened two times. The first one was when I finished showering, I saw my clothes neatly placed on my bed. I swear I didn't even went near my drawers. And the second time happened a few minutes ago. There was a bowl and a spoon on my table with a cereal box next to it! Can't you believe it?!"

A chill ran down Naruto and Sakura's spines. They both gulped in fear. While, Sasuke on the other hand, he just rolled his eyes.

"You must be hallucinating. There's no such things as ghosts." Sasuke grumbled as he crossed his arms.

"Well then, maybe take a visit to my place and you'll get to see for yourself." M/n remarked with a small glare.

"Maybe it's a friendly ghost?I mean, it did get you clothes and food. Wait- DID YOU EAT BREAKFAST?!" Sakura exclaimed as she looked at the h/c haired male.

"....no."

"You liar!" Sakura gave him a look with hands on her hips.

"I only took a bite, though before I ran all the way over here to tell you guys about the "ghost"." M/n pouted as he lightly swung his leg forward and backwards.

Sakura sighed with pink tint on her cheeks. She knows she couldn't stay mad at M/n. "Well, one bite is not going to make you puke so, it's alright."

M/n just smiled at her brightly.

The four Genin stood in the same spot for hours. Even the sun was up and shining.

M/n and Naruto were sitting on the grass while Sasuke and Sakura were standing.

"I'm going to punch Sensei's balls if he isn't here in a few minutes." M/n mumbled as he traced his finger on the dirt, creating a smiley face.

A few minutes have passed and Sakura also joined the two best friends on the ground.

"Morning everyone. Ready for your first day?" A sudden voice made everyone's head snap towards it.

"Hey, you're late!" Sakura and Naruto yelled out as they pointed at the Jonin.

Kakashi waved it off. "Well, a black cat crossed my path, so I had to take the long way."

None of the Genin believed his sorry excuse.

"Well." Kakashi cleared his throat. "Let's get started." Kakashi walked towards one of the stumps and put a clock on top of it. "Here we go. It's set for noon."

Kakashi took out three tied bells from out of his pouch and lifted them up to the Genin's view. "Your assignment is very simple, you just have to take these bells from me. That's all there is to it." He said as he jingled the bells. "If you can't get them by noon, you go without lunch. You'll be tied to those posts and you'll watch while I eat my lunch in front of you."

As if on cue, everyone's stomach grumbled. M/n acted like he was about to yawn and as fast as flash, he gulped down a mochi he got out of nowhere. He didn't want to get caught lacking.

"Hey, wait a minute! There's four of us, how come there's only three bells?" Sakura asked as she held up three fingers.

"Well that way, at least one of you will end up tied to a post and ultimately disqualified for failing to complete the mission. That one goes back to the Academy. Then again, all four of you could flunk out too. You can use any weapons, including shuriken. If you're not prepared to kill me, you won't be able to take the bells."

"Those weapons are too dangerous, Sensei!" Sakura argued.

Naruto laughed. "Especially, since you couldn't even dodge that eraser!"

"Class clowns are usually the weakest links. You can safely ignore them. Lowest scores, losers."

Naruto grumbled at Kakashi's insult.

"When I say "Start", you can begin."

Naruto growled and immediately took out a kunai. He was about to attack Kakashi before the Jonin grabbed his hand.

In an instant, Kakashi had Naruto's hand behind his head, the kunai pointed towards him.

M/n whistled at the scene before his eyes. He grinned, feeling sudden energy go through his veins.

"Don't be in such a hurry. I didn't say "Start" yet."

Sakura and Sasuke backed up while Naruto was struggling to get out of Kakashi's grip.

'Wow, he's really fast.' M/n thought.

Kakashi let Naruto go. "But, you came at me with the full intention of destroying me so, how can I say this? I'm actually starting to like you guys."

"Get ready..." Everyone got in position. "And... start!"

Everyone jumped and scattered.

M/n hid on top of a tall tree. He quietly landed on a branch that had a good view of where Kakashi was. He concealed his chakra as he stared at the grey haired Jonin.

Suddenly, M/n noticed a super familiar blonde haired boy standing in front of Kakashi. "What is Naruto doing?" M/n sweat-dropped.

"You and me, right now, fair and square! Let's go!" Naruto challenged.

"You know, compared to the others, you're a little bit.. weird."

"Oh yeah? The only thing weird here is your haircut!" Naruto remarked back and dashed towards Kakashi.

M/n couldn't help but snort at Naruto's comeback.

Kakashi stared at an upcoming Naruto. He lowered his hand into his pouch.

Naruto saw this and immediately backed away.

"Shinobi battle techniques: Part 1, Taijutsu. The physical art." Kakashi said as he was about to get out an object from his pouch.

'Taijutsu? That's hand-to-hand combat.. so why is he getting a weapon?' M/n thought as he squinted his eyes.

Kakashi pulled out an orange book, which made M/n deadpan.

He couldn't hear what Kakashi was saying but he knew that the grey haired Jonin got on Naruto's nerves when he saw the blonde boy run towards Kakashi with an angry face.

Naruto punched Kakashi but he got blocked. He then was gonna kick him but the Jonin ducked. "Now you're mine!" Naruto was about to punch Kakashi however, he disappeared.

The dust cleared up revealing Kakashi behind Naruto crouched down with his hands together with his pointer fingers up. "Don't let your enemy get behind you all the time."

M/n's eyes widened at what kind of sign Kakashi was doing. 'That's a sign for a fire jutsu! Would Kakashi really demolish, Naruto?'

"Naruto, get out of there quick! He's going to destroy you!" Sakura shouted, revealing her hiding place.

"Too late."

Naruto gasped and looked over his shoulder.

"Leaf Village Secret Finger Jutsu!" Kakashi shoved his pointer fingers up Naruto's butt. "Thousand years of death!"

M/n grimaced as he watched Naruto fly up and fall straight into the water.

Out of nowhere, two shuriken came out from the water and went towards Kakashi but as always, he caught them with his two fingers.

Naruto got out of the lake, coughing.

"What are you doing now? You know you won't get lunch unless you take a bell by noon."

"I know! I know! You told us already!" Naruto barked back.

"You look pretty wobbly for someone who's going to surpass the Hokage."

Naruto's stomach grumbled. "You told us not to eat breakfast! How can I fight when I'm starving to death!"

Naruto argue with Kakashi. Naruto clones jumped out of the water. "Haha! You're overconfidence, Sensei! That's why you weren't ready for a shadow clone attack, my best Jutsu!"

"Great technique but I don't think you can maintain it for very long. You talk like you're the best, Naruto but you're still the worst student. You can't beat me with this Jutsu."

Out of nowhere, Naruto's clone latched itself onto Kakashi's back. Kakashi looked over his shoulder with wide eyes.

"Didn't you say, don't let your enemies get behind you? Good advice, Sensei. Believe it!" Three clones grabbed each leg of Kakashi and pull all their weight into it. "I had one of my clones come out of the river and sneak up behind you super quiet."

"Now this is for nailing it on my butt earlier!" Naruto yelled as he lifted his fist. "You're mine and so are those bells!"

Naruto punched Kakashi but to his surprise, he punch one of his clones.

"It's you. You're Kakashi-Sensei, aren't you?! You transformed into me using a Jutsu!" All the Naruto clones began fighting each other, accusing everyone who was Kakashi.

Naruto thought about a great idea to undo the Jutsu. The only one left standing was him all beat up.

"That's just sad." M/n shook his head as he leaned his chin on his fist.

Naruto sighed but out of the corner of his eye, he saw a shiny bell on the ground. He was shocked but immediately his face turned proud. "A bell?! I must've got to him with my attack." Naruto ran towards the bell. "He dropped a bell!"

"No! Naruto, stop!" M/n yelled at him but Naruto didn't hear him. The h/c haired male immediately hid into another place, knowing he gave his place away.

He landed behind a skinnier tree but he made the best of it to camouflage himself. He glanced over the tree and saw Naruto get caught with a rope with Kakashi standing in front of him. He was a few feet away from where Naruto was.

"Think before you use a Jutsu or else your opponent must use it against you. Oh, and also, if the bait is obvious don't take it."

Naruto growled as he swung himself left and right.

"A ninja must see through deception." Kakashi commented.

"I.. get.. it!" Naruto voiced out, struggling to get out of the rope.

"I'm telling you this because you don't get it. You think you get it which is not the same as actually getting it, get it?"

M/n had a whole stroke listening to what Kakashi said.

Shuriken and Kunais were thrown at Kakashi by Sasuke. Surprisingly, all of them got plunged into him.

"Aah! He just got blasted by Shuriken! Are you out of your mind, Sasuke?! You went too far!"

"I mean, he did say to go into the intention to destroy him." M/n mumbled as he shrugged, not even caring if Kakashi got hurt or not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 46.2K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
140K 4.3K 47
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
675K 41.3K 105
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
123K 6K 56
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...