The dualbender (atla) book 2

By Sachubxnny

Warning: If you haven't read book 1 yet, please go read that one first. I mean, I won't stop you, but do your... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - General Fong
Chapter 2 - shells
Chapter 3 - prisoners?
Chapter 4 - a traitor?
Chapter 5 - Avatar state
Chapter 6 - traveling nomads
Chapter 7 - labyrinth
Chapter 8 - Oma and Shu
Chapter 9 - badgermoles
Chapter 10 - return to Omashu
Chapter 11 - resistance fighters
Chapter 12 - Pentapox!
Chapter 13 - kidnapped a child?!
Chapter 14 - a trade
Chapter 15 - jings
A/N
Chapter 16 - tornado
Chapter 17 - vines
Chapter 18 - heart of the swamp
Chapter 19 - banyan-grove tree
Chapter 20 - swamp benders
Chapter 21 - a friend
Chapter 22 - Avatar day
Chapter 23 - trial
Chapter 24 - Detectives
Chapter 25 - jail
Chapter 26 - one last testimony
Chapter 27 - Earth Rumble VI
Chapter 29 - the fancy dancer

Chapter 28 - The blind bandit

57 5 0
By Sachubxnny

- Third POV - 

Momo hides in Sokka's bag out of fear as the Boulder fires three rocks. They crash into The Hippo, but he does not move. He catches one piece of rock with his mouth, chews on it and spits it out. The Hippo jumps up and down, causing the surface of the arena to tilt. The Boulder hereby loses his balance.

"Unbelievable, ladies and gentlemen! The Hippo is rocking the boat!" Exclaims the host! The Boulder reaches the edge, but saves himself by bending out part of the ring into a small platform. He grabs it and throws it at his opponent, hitting him on the back. As The Hippo turns around to look at him, The Boulder bends up the Hippo's part of the ring, and throws him out on it. The Hippo crashes in the lower area of around the arena. The fight ends thus in the boulder's favor.

"The Boulder wins!" Shouts the host as the crowd cheers.

"How about The Boulder? He's got some good moves" Suggests Katara.

"I don't know. Bumi said I need a teacher who listens to the earth. He's just listening to his big muscles. What do you think Mimi?" Says Aang.

"I agree with Bumi" Replies Mizuki while Sokka cheers loudly for the Boulder.

"Next match...The Boulder versus Fire Nation Man!" Continues the host. The crowd boos at the Fire Nation Man who is making his way over to the arena, still waving his nation's flag, on a makeshift earthen bridge, which crumbles away behind him. Sokka, who loudly boos the fighter as well, gives him a thumbs down.

"Please, to rise for Fire Nation national anthem!" Shouts the man as he puts his left hand over his heart and begins to sing. "Fire Lord, my flame burns, for thee!" The crowd boos at him again while bombarding him with pieces of rock, much to his surprise.

"Go back to the Fire Nation!"

❀❀❀

A few rounds later, The Boulder still isn't defeated.

"Now, the moment you've all been waiting for. The Boulder versus your champion...the Blind Bandit!" As the host is speaking, a young girl enters the arena and raises her championship belt above her head, under loud cheering of the crowd.

"She can't really be blind. It's just part of her character, right?" Says Katara, who's looking at the girl skeptically.

"I think she is" Replies Aang as he looks at the girl's eyes.

"I think she is...GOING DOWN!" Shouts Sokka enthusiastically.

"The Boulder feels conflicted about fighting a young blind girl" Exclaims The Boulder as soon as he realizes that the young girl will be his next opponent.

"Sounds to me like you're scared, Boulder!" Mocks the girl as she points at The Boulder, who is too stunned to speak.

"The Boulder's over his conflicted feelings, and now he's ready to bury you in a rock-alanche!" Replies the man angrily, narrowing his eyes.

"Whenever you're ready, The Pebble!" Chuckles the girl confidently. Upon hearing the girl laugh, Aang has a flashback from the swamp where he saw the girl in white and the flying boar. He remembers her laugh, which is the same as that of the Bandit. Aang's eyes widen out of shock as he realizes this.

"It's on!" Shouts The Boulder before yelling and approaching the blind bandit. The girl stands still, her bare feet feeling the vibrations of The Boulder's walking. She moves forwards, opening her arms as soon as she registers the shock wave indicating the movement of her opponent. The blind bandit swings her right foot in an arc towards the ground. As she strikes the ground, she creates a shock wave in the arena's floor that churns up the ground in the direction of The Boulder in a straight line.

The Boulder's foot meets the shock wave as he puts it back on the ground. The shock wave makes him drop down onto the ground in a perfect split. The Boulder yells as he recovers from the painful position while the blind bandit makes a chopping motion with her right hand. Three stalagmites erupt from the ground near The Boulder and eject him from the ring. He slams into the wall beneath the stands and slides down into the crevice between the arena and the stands. The girl's facial expression changes into a satisfied smile as the host begins to speak.

"Your winner, and still the champion, the Blind Bandit!" Exclaims the host.

"How did she do that?" Mutters Katara confused.

"She waited...and listened" Points out Aang as he comes to the realization that this girl might the earthbender teacher that Bumi had told him about.

"To make things a little more interesting, I'm offering up this sack of gold pieces to anyone who can defeat the Blind Bandit!" Says the host as he holds up a sack filled with gold. It becomes silent.

"What? No one dares to face her?" Grins the host.

"I will!" Exclaims Aang while raising his hand. Mizuki is quick to cover Aang's mouth and pull his arm down.

"What are you gonna do?! Airbend? They'll know that you're the Avatar, besides, this is an earthbending competition!" Whispers Mizuki angrily.

"You, girl with the brown hair, dares to face the Blind Bandit?" Exclaims the host curiously while pointing at Mizuki, who turns around in panic.

"Actually I-" Aang gets cut off by the Blind Bandit.

"Do people really want to see two little girls fighting out here?" Mocks the blind bandit, causing the crowd to laugh. Mizuki tries to sit down and hide behind the man sitting in front of her, but the crowd begins to push her towards the arena. Aang reaches forwards to grab Mizuki's arm, but is too slow. Mizuki turns around, and glares at him while the crowd pushes her closer and closer to the arena.

"screw you Aang" Whispers Mizuki angrily before turning around. Even though Aang couldn't hear what she said, he understood it very clearly. Mizuki's deathstare was more than enough to understand he was screwed. Mizuki begins to panic as she reaches the arena, how am I going to fight the blind bandit without bending? This is an earthbending contest. I can't rely on my waterbending. Mizuki looks around and examines the arena. She notices a group of teenagers with fans.

{flashback}

"This temple was converted into a shrine to Kyoshi. The clerics tell us these relics are still connected to her spirit. That's her kimono" Oyaji points at Kyoshi's green kimono.

"She had exquisite taste" Points out Katara as she carefully touches the clothing.

"Please don't touch!" Warns Oyaji as Katara quickly lets go of the robe.

"These fans, they were her weapons, no?" Asks Mizuki as she grabs the fan and examines it. I remember my dad telling me how fans can strengthen your airbending. My airbending's pretty bad, maybe I should get some fans. It would be useful and they don't look like weapons at all. I could easily sneak them anywhere and-

"Also refrain from touching the fans" Scolds Oyaji.

"My apologies" Sweatdrops Mizuki.

{end flashback}

That's it. Fans. I can use those fans as weapons and to cover up my airbending. I'll airbend whenever I throw my fan or throw a punch with the fan. The air will look like the impact from my throws. Nobody will suspect me of bending if I limit the amount of air in each throw. Mizuki rushes towards the girls, snatches two fans and apologizes while running back to the arena.

"GO MIMI! AVENGE THE BOULDER!" Shouts Sokka loudly, causing Mizuki to smile a little. She puts the fans in her belt as she enters the arena. She's standing on the opposite side of the arena as the blind bandit.

"May the best man win...or uh, girl in this case" Says the host before giving a sign that the fight has begun. Mizuki takes her fans and opens them in an elegant manner before taking a step forward. The blind bandit smirks confidently as soon as Mizuki's foot hits the ground. She stomps the ground with the side of her left foot. Causing a shock wave to travel across the ground. The shock wave travels too fast for Mizuki to notice until it reaches her.

She looks down, only to see a large rock grow out of the ground underneath her, launching her into air. Mizuki somersaults and uses her airbending to soften the fall, avoiding crashing into the benches around the arena. She's on her hands and knees, looking up at the blind bandit. Monkey feathers, I barely landed inside the arena. I almost lost already. This is going to be harder than I thought. Mizuki gets up quickly and opens her fans while the blind bandit's smirk turns into a frown.

"Somebody's a little light on her feet! What's your fighting name? The fancy dancer?"

To be continued

Word count: 1.457

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 30.7K 50
(Y/n) has had a hard life. Her mother was killed, father went to war, and had to protect her twin brother and little sister Sokka and Katara for as l...
377K 11.5K 63
A READER X IROH II FAN FIC I wrote this for myself but you can read it, too, if you'd like. Y/N is a water bender living in a Fire Nation village ge...
37.2K 1.9K 44
Heimat: a place that you can call home; a sense of belongingness, acceptance, safety and connection to homeland A decade has passed after the final b...
83.2K 3.2K 20
alrighty, I am really excited for this one! It is the second in the series and follows Book Two: Earth in Avatar: the Last Airbender. I will give a c...