Pain - A PJO Fanfiction

By Elijah_RL

🏁HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY🏁 🚩TW: Blood, rape, swear words, suicidal thoughts, self harm, panic attacks, n... More

~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
Chapter 4: A/N+VOTE
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
Chapter 15: A/N and an apollo-gy
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
Chapter 19: A/N
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~
~Chapter 28~
~Chapter 29~
Chapter 30: A/N
~Chapter 31~
~Chapter 32~

~Chapter 1~

4K 66 220
By Elijah_RL

[BLOOD, EATING DISORDER, DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, PANIC ATTACKS, DEATH]

Percy let out a deep sigh as he settled down on the grass, relaxing in contrast to how tense he had been. He had just gotten out of a training session, and he wasn't going easy on himself.

He conjured some water and splashed him over himself, completely soaking him in sea water.. Sighing in relief at the relaxing sensation of cold water, Percy turned to see the person who was approaching.

"Hey, Wise Girl."

Annabeth didn't look up from her book as she walked over to Percy, ruffled his hair, and sat down under a tree. She smirked slightly from behind the book, but moved the book so Percy couldn't see her face.

Percy chuckled and sat down next to his girlfriend, kissing her cheek. She didn't look up but blushed a light pink, and Percy looked at her, satisfied with the blush.

"Okay, okay," Annabeth laughed, "Dam you, Seaweed Brain."

Percy let out a laugh and Annabeth slowly laid into Percy's chest, laying comfortably as she continued her reading.

Percy played with her hair while she read. Annabeth didn't like people touching her hair, but, obviously, Percy was the only exception.

Eventually, after twenty minutes or so, Annabeth put the now-finished book on the ground and looked up at Percy, her head on his lap.

"Well, Seaweed Brain, what should we do now?"

Percy gently swiped the curls in her face with his hand before saying,

"I don't know, how 'bout a walk?"

Annabeth quietly laughed and looked at Percy. Grey met sea-green, and they smiled happily and paused before they said or did anything. Percy gave a happy sigh and looked at Annabeth's face.

A smile tugged on their lips.

"Sure, we can go on a walk," Annabeth said quietly, gazing into his eyes. Softly smiling, Percy got up and helped Annabeth up.

"Where to, Seaweed Brain?"

Percy lightly chuckled and smirked.

"Your choice, Annie," Percy teased, earning a playful glare and a not-so-playful smack from Annabeth.

"Hey, hey! It's only fair!"

Annabeth laughed and lightly kissed Percy on the cheek.

"Oh, just follow me, Seaweed Brain."

And so, Percy followed Annabeth into the woods, where there was an enchanting, beautiful spot filled with the tallest of trees and prettiest of flowers.

Time stopped around them as they gazed into each other's eyes, leaning in until their lips met. Percy gave a small smile before they leaned in, their lips meeting into a longing kiss.

It took nearly a minute before they broke apart, panting, trying to get some air into their lungs. Percy smirked at Annabeth and got a smirk in return, leaning in to kiss again.

After they got back, they went to dinner and went back to their cabins. Percy wanted to see Annabeth again, so he got up and set off toward her cabin.

He was just beside the window when he heard voices. From the corner of the curtain, he saw Annabeth sitting on a boy's lap on her bed, smirking at him.

"... don't worry, he won't know."

Percy moved closer to the window, trying to listen to their conversation.

"I'm not worried about him, am I now?"

Percy couldn't place the voice. He had heard it around camp before, obviously, but he didn't know exactly who it was.

"Good," He heard Annabeth mutter.

Afterward, he heard a moan and felt his heart shatter. He kept an emotionless face as he opened the door without knocking, surprising the couple making out on Annabeth's bed.

"Oh, sorry to barge in, I know you had an entire affair planned, but you should probably use protection if you don't want the kids."

With that, Percy left, keeping his façade. He went back to his cabin, and fell into misery. All that was fake. The magical moment in the forest, fake. He couldn't believe that Annabeth - his Wise Girl - could do something like this. It was so improbable, so impossible...and yet it did happen.

She never loved him. While that was hard to believe, that was the truth. He didn't know when, or why, but it was the truth.

Percy felt another piece of his heart shatter as a small tear went down his cheek. He grabbed a suitcase and put everything needed inside, including mortal money and some ambrosia. He grabbed a grey hoodie and put it on top of his orange camp shirt, changing his shorts into jeans.

He sighed and looked at his luggage. He stopped and cast a sad look around his room. Leaving his stuff, he set off into the forest, new idea in mind.

After a bit, he reached the city. He got a cab and gave his mom and Paul's address. He knew that he couldn't stay with them, it was too dangerous, especially with Estelle. But, at least for a while, this would make him feel much better. He got off in front of the building, smiling ever so slightly at the thought of going home to his parents and Estelle.

He walked up to the door and knocked. Something felt off, but he dismissed it as nerves and knocked again.

"Mom?" He called out, a bit confused, but more so worried.

He knocked again. Hesitating, he turned the knob and was surprised to find it unlocked. The house smelled with the faint, metallic odour of blood. Knowing the scent all too well, Percy began panicking.

"Mom? Paul?" He called out again, unable to stop his voice from shaking horribly.

He froze when he walked into the living room. Two corpses laid across the floor, dried blood surrounding them. Most pools of blood weren't dried, which meant that this happened less than two days ago. Percy couldn't believe what he was seeing. His mother was dead. Paul was dead.

He felt silent tears go down his cheeks. Suddenly, Estelle popped into his mind.

"No, no, please, no," he whispered, rushing into Estelle's room. He screamed internally. He was too shocked to do anything. Outside, he was frozen in shock and horror.

The little girl's body was soaked in blood on her carpet, now dark red. Her eyes were open and staring into space, unmoving.

"No-!"

His voice cracked and more tears fell as he approached his sister, checking for a pulse. There was unsurprisingly none. He sobbed and caressed her forehead, trying to comprehend what the fuck was going on.

Percy noticed he was hyperventilating, but dismissed it. Tears clouded his vision as he got up and stumbled toward the kitchen. He sobbed and grief tore its way through his heart.

He let out a small, short scream. The earth started rumbling.

-

Meanwhile, on Olympus, the gods were having a meeting about the camps and their current states.

"Dionysus, as I've said before, you are staying at that camp until your punishment ends! This is not-"

Zeus stopped talking as the earth rumbled from beneath them. Everybody stared at Poseidon and he rolled his eyes.

"Stop blaming me! I didn't even do anything!" Poseidon whined in a very ungodly manner.

The ground began shaking harder. Aphrodite suddenly yelped and the attention switched to her.

"Oh Chaos... What in Tartarus is happening? So- much- hurt!" Aphrodite exclaimed in horror.

Everybody shared glances before turning back to Aphrodite. Poseidon's eyes widened in realisation, and he panicked, getting up and drawing the Olympians' attention on him.

"I need to go," he said quickly to them before he flashed out. He was standing in front of his cabin in Camp Half-Blood.

He knocked and the door opened, revealing an empty cabin. It was messy and completely empty. Frowning in worry, he looked all over the camp. Percy wasn't there.

The ground shook harder and the waves rose. They thrashed against the shore as the sun completely set. Flashing, Poseidon went to Sally's house.

He stood in front of the closed door. There was sobbing inside. Despite the urge to just flash in, he knocked. Poseidon heard sniffles and footsteps.

The door opened to reveal Percy, face and eyes swollen as he'd obviously been crying. Poseidon's eyes widened.

"Percy, what-?"

Before he could finish his sentence, Percy launched himself at Poseidon and hugged him tightly while he sobbed. Poseidon didn't know what to do but hug back.

He gently led Percy inside and closed the door, making his way into the kitchen, Percy still sobbing. He let go of Poseidon and sat down on a seat, trying to regulate his breathing.

"What do I do?" Percy asked hysterically.

Poseidon couldn't answer as the boy sobbed again.

"Percy, what happened?" Poseidon asked gently.

Percy didn't answer, he kept sobbing.

"Son, are you okay?" Poseidon asked in worry, trying to figure out what was wrong.

Percy looked up at him at this question.

"Peachy," he sassed, tears silently streaming down his face. Poseidon rolled his eyes.

"Well, at least your sarcasm is fine," he said, a ghost of a smile on his face. Poseidon quickly sobered up.

"Percy, what happened? Please, I need to know," Poseidon said softly, stroking Percy's cheek.

"They're dead. I can't believe it- the bodies, the blood- they're dead," he said, staring off into space.

Poseidon froze. Percy looked at him, green eyes now nearly black with the shade of dark green they were.

"The bodies- they- they're still here," he said, his voice shaking and cracking.

His eyes glistened with tears again but he blinked them away, focusing on his father.

"I- what-? Uhm, c-can I see them?" Poseidon stuttered through his shock. He braced himself for what was about to happen.

Percy got up and wordlessly led him into the living room where the bodies of Sally Jackson-Blofis and Paul Blofis, dead. Poseidon gasped and kneeled next to Sally's body, tracing her chin softly as his lip quivered.

Percy silently watched, emotionlessly staring.

"Estelle- she's dead, too."

Poseidon looked up at Percy who blinked away tears once more.

Poseidon got up and followed Percy into Estelle's room.

Percy opened the door to his sister's room and sharply inhaled as the body of Estelle laid across the blood soaked carpet.

"Why them? Why not me?"

Poseidon looked at Percy, tears finally falling down his face. Poseidon wiped Percy's tears.

"Don't. Your life is worth as much as theirs, and it would kill me to have you gone. I'm sorry it had to be this way. But you still have camp," Poseidon said, the tiniest smile on his face.

Percy turned away and muttered darkly.

"Fuck," he said quickly.

"Language, Perce," Poseidon warned, not coldly. Percy looked at Poseidon and groaned.

"Sorry- I just remembered the actual reason I ca- came here," Percy explained quickly. Poseidon frowned.

"What is it?"

Percy glanced up from his muttering.

"Oh, uhm, Annabeth was cheating on me and I was feeling really bad about it, so I wanted to talk to mom about it," Percy said, his voice cracking on 'mom'.

Poseidon, noticing this, hugged him.

"Don't worry, that Athena-Spawn can't hurt you," He said, his voice light. Percy gave a small flinch as he spotted his sister again.

He looked up to his father, avoiding his dead sister.

"D-dad, can we m-move her?"

Poseidon looked at Estelle and nodded. Before he could make a move though, Percy rushed next to his sister and picked her up. More tears fell as he grabbed her bridal style, carrying the body into the living room.

Even though Percy thought he didn't, Poseidon saw him hug Estelle as he laid her down, breaking down to sobs.

"Oh, Perce," he muttered, rushing to his aid. Percy hugged him and Poseidon ruffled his hair, reminding Percy of Annabeth.

"What do I do? I can't return to camp, I don't want to after Annabeth and everything, and I don't have money to buy a house!"

Percy pulled away from the hug, panicking.

"Percy, what if you stay with me in Atlantis? My palace is huge, I could immediately arrange a room for you," Poseidon said, his eyes lightly twinkling.

"I- I don't know. I have so much to figure out, and I- I just can't, it's too much-" Percy said, overwhelmed by everything.

He started hyperventilating, but to Percy, it seemed like he couldn't breathe at all. His sobs took more oxygen from him and he felt like he was drowning, falling to his knees.

And everything went black.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

(A/N: Hi guys! I re-wrote this chapter, and I didn't want to change the plot or anything, so it's gonna be practically the same if you've read the first version.

I'm sorry for making it kinda like an information dump, ik it's bad, but I wrote this a few months ago and I was bad at writing this shit. Things are going by way too quickly and stuff.

Also, yes, AnNaBeTh WoUlD nEvEr ChEaT oN pErCy yeah yeah, but, that's why, hun, it's called fan✨️FICTION✨️ and unless you don't want to be a Karen, Google the word fiction!

Anyway, I hope you like this chapter, my wording sucked in the first version, but hopefully this is better.

Oh, and, I'm making all chapters over 2k words. YAY!

(P.S: If a chapter has "~Chapter #~" it means that it was rewritten, that's why this chapter title is like that. It's just to mark the renewed chapters, nothing special. Bai!),

-Eli (enby today)

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 182 16
Your basic three days in the infirmary + get together fic Nico's recovering from the war, almost fading from existence, Tartarus and the jar. Will's...
70.6K 2.5K 111
Y/N L/N, is a thirteen year old Demi-god with a destiny to defeat something a gazillion times more powerful than him. to make things worse he has eas...
228K 4.6K 71
Thousands of years ago before the reign of the Olympians, during the time of the Titan Lord, the mortal Perseus and primordial Aphrodite meet and fel...
3.9K 176 9
"Woah. Calm your tits, big man." "(M/n), please, just shut up." Follow (M/n) on his journey through the Percy Jackson unive...