Her Lullaby

By kotasonvenus

[Previously title Marigold and Sunflowers] He thought she was a sinful angel of temptation, but the most ann... More

These People
1- Threesome
2- Apple Juice
3- Salad & Tenders
4- Bar
5- Projecting
6- Uno
7- Ragedy Ass Car
8- Strays
9- Mushrooms
10- Auto Shop
11- Insomnia
12- Invisible Watch
13- Truce Cake
14- Raccoon
15- Orange Juice
16- Sister
17- Charity
18- Twenty-Three Six
19- Blush
20- Girls Night
21- Sophisticated
22- Breakfast
23- Swimming
25- Red Lipstick
26- Funnel Cake
27- Dangerous
28- Stethoscope
29- Chill Day
30- I Can't
31- The Law
32- Upset
33- Boundaries
34- Bouquet
35- Texas
36- Uber
37- Birthday Cake
38- Housewife
39- Gold-Hearted
40- Want
41- Apartment
42- Rain
43- Lullaby

24- Airport

2.5K 116 17
By kotasonvenus

Hey babes :)

I find myself enjoying the late hours of my side job of being an amateur bartender at a strip club. The prescription I take for my heart condition makes it a struggle to go to sleep and though working isn't gonna make go to sleep automatically, but it gives me something to do while I'm up and tires me out.

The loud, almost sinful environment was something I've gotten use to and sometimes I find myself enjoying the small things like the color of the spotlights above the stage, the intricate designs and lace patterns on lingerie, or the curly citrus peels used as garnishes for drinks.

The smallest things can be the most fascinating simply due to simplicity.

I take note of the green and orange LED spotlights walking into the club, me and Astryd had passed the bar where Tyson was too busy making a customer a drink to notice our presence.

We walk to from the main area of the club to the back where the girls where getting dressed in their outfits, and I couldn't help but notice that they'll had animal prints on their lingerie.

It was a sexy version of a zoo as prints from zebra to cheetah everywhere I looked, and I pretty sure one of the girls gave up dressing in a dark grey silk two piece and told be she was a seal.

Me and Astryd make a beeline to the bosses office knocking before entering.

Blake sat behind his desk looking through some paperwork I won't try to understand and scribbling some things down. The scene reminded me of Carter when I show up at his office and he would usually be doing work before I come and distract him.

He's probably asleep right now.

"Good morning, sir." Astryd smiles greeting the man. It was twelve in the morning.

Blake cringes uncomfortably, "I thought we made an agreement that you wouldn't call me that." I didn't know what it was about the word 'sir' but it seems to make Blake grimace and make all signs of displeasure evident when it's said to him.

"That must've been a one sided agreement." Astryd pauses, "Sir." She grins.

He furrows his brows, "You do know I can fire you?"

Astryd seemed unfazed with her grin remaining, "You wouldn't fire me. I'm your favorite." She says confidently.

I sit on his plain colored couch, relaxing, watching the interaction in amusement.

"I don't have a favorite." Blake tuts shaking his head and Astryd looked at him offended. He continues, "I have two favorites."

His eyes land on me and I smile, which he returns. "Hey, Ivy. It's been a minute." He greets me.

"It's been two weeks. I should be fired." I scoff almost laughing.

"Can't fire you, you're one of my favorites." He chuckles using Astryd words.

"What's up with the animal stuff outside?

"Theme night." He answers, "The girls took a vote."

"Well I don't remember a vote so can I just put on this cute red outfit I got and I'll just say I'm angry bird or something." Astryd interjects.

"I don't think any customers are gonna care what type of animal you are as long as your shaking your ass— sorry, fat ass." I correct myself.

She laughs sitting down next to me on the couch, "Finally!" She exclaimed. "My ass gets some recognition."

"Astryd you're a stripper."

She looks a Blake narrowing her eyes, "Recognition that isn't just hoots and hollers."

He chuckles.

"I'm gonna go work the bar." I get up from the couch. "I'll probably be back for my break or at the end of my shift."

I walk to his desk and he hands me my name tag. I started leaving it in his office after I lost the other one, and now he keeps it in his desk drawer.

I pin the name tag on the white baby tee that went well with my low waisted black miniskirt.

"I'll be here." He said as I walk out the door and I send him a smile over my shoulder.

I walk back to the loud music and find myself behind the bar counter tying an apron around my waist.

I focused on tying the string I didn't really pay Tyson any mind until his arm was thrown over my shoulder pulling me to him.

"Haven't seen you in two weeks and I don't even get a hey." 

I chuckle stepping out of his hold, "Sorry, I'm a taken woman now. These hugs won't do."

He blinks at me with wide eyes, "Taken?! It's only been two weeks and you already replaced me with another." He said dramatically.

I place a consoling hand on his shoulder, "No, not at all. You've been with me in spirit."

He turns away from me making a customer's drink, "Why haven't I been notified that my spirit was off with someone else? Guess my spirit was trynna replace me too."

I hit his shoulder, "Don't act all heartbroken, especially since you had Miss Ezmai keeping you company."

I watch as he tries suppress his smile at the mention of the person he was seeing, looking down at a lime in hand, and I am a hundred percent certain that if it wasn't as dark in here I would see a blush on his fair skin.

"Don't try to flip this. We're talking about you." He shakes his head.

I roll my eyes turning away from the conversation to take a customers drink.

I glance at Tyson, "You remember that one dude who works with Leo, and showed up the apartment one time?"

"The one in the suit?"

I nod, "We're together-ish"

"Together-ish?"

"We're together." I said more certain pouring vodka into a glass and handing it to the customer in exchange for cash.

"And you didn't do any crystal voodoo?" He asked teasingly.

I kicked the back of his knee watching as his knees buckle and he tries to get his balance, laughing at the annoyed look on his face.

"You know I don't manifest relationships."

Hours seemed to pass by quickly as I worked taking orders and making drinks with a few small conversations with Tyson and breaks to watch Astryd dance.

By the time a yawn broke through me it was a little after two in the morning and I knew I would despise myself around sunrise because I have to drop Delani and August off at the airport.

I take off my apron telling Tyson my shift is over before walking from behind the bar and to the back.

I knock before walking into the dressing room some girls greet me while others were too busy getting dress and putting on their makeup.

"Ivy, where have you been? I haven't seen you in forever."

Avery was a very energetic person and optimistic with beautiful medium length hair that was dark brown matching her eyes.

She was also very open and shameless reason why I didn't bat an eyelash as she greeted topless with bright smile.

"Avery I missed you. You're happiness is refreshing after my shift." I smile gently.

"I do what I can." She beams.

I walk to Astryd where she sat in front of a vanity fixing her braids into a ponytail in a red, lace two piece lingerie. I assume she took out her contacts since she was wearing her glasses.

"Hey, my shift is over so I'mma be in the office sleeping or eating." I shrug, "I don't know yet I'll figure it out when I get there."

She nods, "Okay, I'll be there in a few I don't have anymore dances so I just gotta get dress then we can go."

I nod walking out the room and saying bye to Avery before going to Blake's office.

I unpin my name tag as I approach the door knocking before I hear a voice telling me to come in.

I walk into the room heading straight for the couch and falling on the cushions. Successfully I was tired and just wanted to sleep.

"Ivy?" I hear Blake's voice.

"My shift is done and I'm tired. Can I take a quick nap?" I ask drowsily not attempting to lift my head.

"I don't see why not."

That voice. It was familiar but I couldn't remember who it belonged to, but I knew it wasn't Blake's.

I sit up on the couch, my name tag falling on the floor, as I make eye contact with my boyfriend's brother who sat in the chair across from Blake's.

My mind went completely blank, my mouth couldn't form words, as I sat there in shock with wide eyes looking at Alessandro.

Then I looked to Blake.

"Ivy, this is my boss and the owner of the club, Mr. Moretti." Blake introduces Alessandro.

Alessandro smiles in amusement as he looks at me holding his hand out, "Hi, it's nice to meet you. Ivy was it?"

"Uh, sure." Robotically I stood up shaking his hand stiffly before letting go.

"Mr. Moretti was just checking with how things are going at the club." Blake explains and I nod recovering from the shock and painting a smile on my face.

We turn our heads when the doors open and Astryd walks in wearing a sweats and zip up jacket.

She pauses when she sees Alessandro looking at him in confusion, "Hello?"

"Atty, this is Mr. Moretti." I said, raising my brows trying to send her a discreet message with my eyes.

"Ohhh." She said in realization.

"Carter's brother." I elaborate.

"Ohhh." Her eyes widen in realization.

She releases a sigh taking her braids out of a ponytail and folding her glasses into the pockets of her sweatpants as she straightens her posture.

She walks towards Alessandro, slowly unzipping her jacket revealing the red lace of her bra before placing a hand on his shoulder.

I laugh, "Astryd, quit it."

She stops her whole seduction act, dropping her hand from Alessandro's shoulder, and letting hers slump, "Thank goodness, I couldn't see a thing." She said plopping on the couch and putting her glasses back on.

Alessandro's brows furrow, "Did you try to seduce me?"

"Yes, but it was only so you wouldn't snitch." She nods, "He isn't gonna tell Carter about your side hustle, right?" She asked me, picking up my name tag from where I dropped it.

I shrug, "I don't know, it's not really a secret, like if Carter asked I would tell him."

She nods turning to Alessandro, "Well if you don't mind keeping it to yourself that you saw me here to yourself, it would be greatly appreciated." She smiled.

"Who are you asking me to lie to?" He smirks.

"That is none of your business." She mirrors his smirk standing up from the couch.

"I'm assuming you know each other." Blake spoke up.

"I'm close with his brother." I said.

I ignore the amused look Alessandro sends me when he raises his eyebrows.

"Me and Astryd have work in the morning so it's best we leave so we won't be too tired." I smile grabbing my things and Astryd hand walking to the door.

"Remember you never saw me here." Astryd says.

"You're invisible." Alessandro chuckles.

"That's what I'm talkin' bout." Astryd said proudly pointing at him as the door closes behind us.

I drove us to the apartment and in the morning I woke up early to get ready for work and to drop off Delani and August at the airport.

August gets their luggage from my trunk as I hugged my sister.

"Call me when you land, okay." I mutter breaking the hug.

"I don't know if she'll be able to. Do they have cell service in Dubai?" August closes the trunk walking to us.

"Dubai?" Me and Delani asked simultaneously.

"I'm kidnapping my girlfriend and taking her to Dubai." He states determined.

"Just why, baby? Why?" Delani asked softly, turning to her boyfriend in concern.

"If we go back to our campuses and we'll be too far away from each other." He pouts and Delani rolls her eyes playfully.

"You're not kidnapping me, we're not going to Dubai, but we are going to go home and go to our campuses. If it makes you feel better you can stay with me in my dorm this weekend but you have to leave Monday morning or Sunday to be on time for your classes." She said.

He furrow his brows, "Can't I just not go to class?"

"Skip class you'll be single the next day."

He makes a face in displeasure, "You need to stop threatening our relationship."

Delani nods, "Fine, I'll stop. Skip class and we won't have sex for a week."

My face contorts in disgust.

"Venus!" He gasp.

"August!" She mimics him. "You're not missing class because of me."

My sister takes grades and attendance seriously, she likes school, it's something we have in common, but she isn't a morning person.

"You're more important than astrophysics." He argues.

"I'm not sure your professor would agree."

He shrugs a grin climbing to his lips, "As far as he knows you're in the hospital due to a tragic accident."

"Jesus Christ, August!" She exclaims swatting his shoulder.

He laughs hooking his fingers through the belt loop of her jeans pulling her to him, "I was just kidding, baby. Come here."

"You're going to class on Monday, Augs." She states looking up at him.

"I'm going to class on Monday, Lani." He repeats watching a small smile grace her lips.

I grab my sister's attention pulling her into one last hug, "Be safe." I kiss her cheek.

"You too." She smiles breaking the hug:

"I would walk inside but I don't want to be late for work." I smile sheepishly taking my car keys out of the pocket of my scrubs.

We bid our goodbyes before officially parting ways and I finally drive to work.

When I park the car in a parking spot my phone pings with a text from Carter.

Carver- Good morning, girasole. Are you at work?

I don't know why, but the text made me smile.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
There's no Carter in the chapter but I'll make up for it in the next few chapters

<3 ✈️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 5.7K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
125K 1.8K 9
I felt the bed dip as he sat down on the other side but I focused solely on my task until I was done. "This is a pillow barrier. Meaning, you don't b...
12.5K 638 25
Sperm bank.....Artificial Insemination.....a life without a partner...living a simple life with her kid and later on adopting a dog...baking cakes an...
28.9K 2.5K 40
"No matter your problems, face them with a bright smile and a bucket of chocolate ice-cream," nana once wisely told me. At the time, I was barely twe...