COTE: Ayanokouji's Return

By tobi7th

Description: Ayanokouji Kiyotaka spent his entire childhood in the White Room. Thanks to his extraordinary ac... More

Author's Notes
Prologue
Chapter 1 - First Acquaintances
Chapter 2 - Bus Trouble
Chapter 3 - A Tattoo
Chapter 4 - The Chairman
Chapter 5 - S-System
Chapter 6 - Nagumo
Chapter 7 - Student Council
Chapter 8 - A Shoplifter
Chapter 9 - WinterDrop
Chapter 10 - A Ghost
Chapter 11 - The Professor
Chapter 12 - Horikita
Chapter 14 - Fuka
Chapter 15 - The Affairs Of Class A
Chapter 16 - Henry Forger
Chapter 17 - Kiryuin Family's Circumstances
Chapter 18 - Disturbances During Lunch Break
Chapter 19 - Visit In Class A
Chapter 20 - Vice-President Ayanokouji
Chapter 21 - Mutual Benefits
Chapter 22 - Ryuuen
Chapter 23 - Food Trap
Chapter 24 - An Ally
Chapter 25 - Matsushita's suspicion
Chapter 26 - Sakayanagi
Chapter 27 - Birthday Party
Chapter 28 - The Interviews
Chapter 29 - Pool Accident
Chapter 30 - Lap Pillow
Chapter 31 - 1st May
Chapter 32 - Study Group
Chapter 33 - A Pawn

Chapter 13 - A Bet

3.9K 205 175
By tobi7th

Kiyotaka's POV

After entering the school building, my goal was to go to the infirmary.

I needed to treat my wound after all.

Fortunately, not many students were along my way, so I managed to walk swiftly without anyone noticing my bloody hand.

The nurse wasn't around either. She probably had a lunch break as well or went to the staff room.

I guess I got lucky, since I didn't have to talk about my wound and get unnecessary attention.

I decided to look around and check what kind of medicines I could get from here.

There were some cameras here, so I pretended to look for some bandages.

This infirmary was quite well equipped, just like the rest of the school.

There were many different medicines here.

I could see some strong painkillers, sleeping pills or laxatives.

There were also some useful stuff like syringes, scalpels, small knives or tweezers.

It was quite a collection. You could probably make an operation here, if needed.

I noted in my mind everything that could be useful for me.

Of course, many things were closed in the cabinets, but there was no need for me to endanger myself to check them up.

I took some bandages with ointment and started to treat my hand in front of the camera to clear myself of any suspicious.

I also wrote a note for the nurse that I was here and took some bandages.

Then I left the infirmary satisfied with my luck and some discoveries.

I went in the direction of my classroom.

I wondered, if Suzune was there and how she would react.

She probably wouldn't attack me for the second time, especially after President Horikita caught us.

But I don't think she would treat me friendly either.

If I really wanted to get close to her, I needed to be prepared for a long siege.

How troublesome.

But benefits from this relationship would be big.

 Suzune was pretty and actually quite strong. I bet she was smart as well.

Her character was troublesome factor, but it's not like she couldn't be tamed. Especially after I saw her cute and fragile side.

And being in at least friendly terms with her meant that I could be close to her brother as well.

Horikita Manabu was definitely someone highly capable. Just being able to become a Student Council President in this school shows how much skill and popularity he must have.

Making him my ally would greatly help me in the future. But this is his last year here, so I must hurry up.

The problem was that he was like a big rock. He probably rarely change that stern expression.

I sure got lucky to get on his radar from the start.

I thought of befriending him from the beginning as a member of Student Council, but his sister may be a shortcut for that.

Well, at least in theory.

After all, their relationship seemed not really good.

There was a part of me, which thought that I should just abandon Suzune and go for her brother alone.

But Suzune was a real beauty and it would be a waste to not try.

I had a hunch that Horikita-senpai actually cared about his sister, but in some weird way.

Those two siblings circumstances looked complex.

I quickly reached the classroom door and opened it.

Almost instantaneously a pair of cold eyes looked at me.

Horikita Suzune was in the classroom. As well as a few people, whom I didn't know.

Her beautiful face turned cold the second she recognised me.

I smiled at her slightly and went to my seat.

I decided to mind my own business for now and took my lunch box from the bag.

I could still sense Suzune's gaze at me. She was also in the middle of her lunch as well.

I must say that her lunch looked tasty. Everything looked as handmade, so she was probably the one, who made it.

It was somehow surprising considering her personality.

She ate slowly, taking small bites into her mouth. Her lips were a little glossy.

I remembered their taste and unconsciously licked mine.

Suzune: "Do you want to die?"

Looks like my actions were noticed by her and she became irritated.

Kiyotaka: "If by death you mean that you are going to kiss me like the last time, then I am in."

She glared at me as if I was her sworn enemy.

Suzune: "Watch your mouth! If you dare to tell someone what happened there, I will make you pay."

Kiyotaka: "Eh? But I was about to boast about it to the entire school. Horikita Suzune kissed me. This will be our kids favourite story."

Suzune: "Huhh?! What are you talking about?! It was an accident, nothing more! If you are going to speak more nonsense like that, I will make sure your stay in this school will be a nightmare."

Kiyotaka: "Considering gains and loses from that incident, I think I still am benefiting, since your lips felt really good, Suzune. If I will experience nightmare from you, then by logic what kind of pleasure you will give me after that. I look forward to it."

Suzune: "You are a sick pervert. I don't want to talk to you anymore. Also, I didn't give you permission to call me by my name."

Kiyotaka: "No need to be so embarassed, Suzune. I already have a blessing from your brother. It seems like he took a liking for me."

Suzune: "What?! B-brother.. He.. Impossible! You are lying! He isn't that kind of person."

As expected, just mention of her brother sure shook Suzune's posture.

She definitely had a huge respect for him, but also was rather scared of him.

I decided to tease her with some mixed lies and truth of what Horikita-senpai said to me.

For some reason I just couldn't help myself, but to tease Suzune whenever I see her.

And gaining a green light from her brother just increased that urge.

After all, he said that I could do anything I want to her, which sure fueled my imagination.

Kiyotaka: "I was surprised as well. Me and him already became friends yesterday. He sure is a great person. After you left, he told me happily to take care of you and that he will support our relationship anytime."

Suzune: "Liar! It's a lie! Brother wouldn't do something like that!"

Kiyotaka: "Wouldn't do what, Suzune? Became friends with me? Support our relationship? Or asking me to take care of you in the happy mood?"

Suzune: "Everything! He isn't such a person. He wouldn't become friends with a bastard like you, let alone approve of you just like that. It's absurd."

Kiyotaka: "But it's all true, Suzune. He even invited me to the Student Council. Who knows, maybe he will give me position of Vice-President, since he is dissatisfied with the current one. I could spend more time with brother-in-law."

Suzune: "It's impossible. You sure are getting ahead of yourself with your delusions. I won't be deceived by your tricks anymore, Ayanokouji-kun. Stop calling me by my name and stop calling my brother your brother-in-law or you will really regret it."

Kiyotaka: "Then do you wanna bet on it? I am gonna bet that I will be appointed as Student Council Vice-President by the end of this month by your beloved brother."

Suzune: "Like I said, it's impossible."

Kiyotaka: "Then bet with me. If I won't become Vice-President by the end of this month, I will be your slave for the rest of our time in this school. You can give me any command you wish."

Suzune: "What? Are you serious?"

Kiyotaka: "Yes. But if I win.. Let's see.. Once per week for the rest of our staying here, you need to go on date with me after the school. The duration of one date couldn't be less than 3 hours, the places for them would be decided by me and you need to attend them in the casual clothes. In other words, you need to treat those dates like the real ones that you would care about as a girlfriend."

Suzune's aura rapidly became dark. This girl was seriously easy to piss off by just some words.

Suzune: "Dream on! Why would I need to do something like that, especially with someone like you?"

Kiyotaka: "I am placing myself as a slave for your command in this bet and you can't sacrifice 3 hours per week for me?"

Suzune: "I hate you, so of course I would like to not being around you as much as I could. I am irritated just by the thought that you are my seatmate for the next three years. And you want me to go on dates with you?"

Kiyotaka: "Says the girl, who stabbed my hand and kissed me against my will. You are lucky that you can still sit here. But since you are so unwilling to be here, you can drop out on your own."

Suzune: "It's all because of you! If you didn't humilitate me like that, I would never bother myself with you. If not for you.. my brother wouldn't see me like that. It's all your fault!"

Kiyotaka: "Like I said, he actually didn't mind it that much. It's not that bad as you are saying. Didn't I say that he actually asked me to become a member of Student Council? He may be more open minded than you think."

Suzune: "I don't believe you, so stop lying, Ayanokouji-kun. My brother wouldn't do something like that. Someone like you wouldn't get his approval. It's simply impossible."

Kiyotaka: "Then bet with me. If you win, then you can just ask me to stay away from you or make me do something as revenge. And if I win, then have many fun dates with me, Suzune. It's that simple. Do we have a deal?"

Suzune: "..."

Suzune's gaze was fixated at me for some time.

I also was looking at her with a harmless smile.

Kiyotaka: "If you are so sure that it's impossible, then why are you hesistating? It's a sure win for you. Unless.. you actually may think that I have a chance, but don't want to admit it. You sure can be cute, Suzune."

She sighed deeply.

Suzune: "You sure are bothersome, Ayanokouji-kun. Since you are probably going to annoy me endlessly, accepting this bet and shutting your mouth may be a better option. Fine, I agree. It's not like my brother would accept you as his succesor anyway."

Kiyotaka: "Great! Then the bet is on! I will make a voice recording of that."

Suzune: "Huh? Why would you do that? Do you not believe me, Ayanokouji-kun?"

Kiyotaka: "Of course, I don't believe you in the slightest, my pretty future girlfriend."

Suzune: "Wait a second. I didn't agree to become your girlfriend in this bet."

Kiyotaka: "Okay, okay. To be honest, that's even better. You won't interfere, when I will hang out with the other girls. You sure are considerate, Suzune. Thanks."

Suzune: "You are scum beyond salvation, Ayanokouji-kun. I can't believe I am actually bothering myself with something like that. Also, stop calling me by my name."

Kiyotaka: "Okay, I will add a condition that if you win, I will stop calling you Suzune, but if I win, you need to call me Kiyotaka. Do you mind, Ho-ri-ki-ta-chan~?"

Suzune: "I don't mind, so stop calling me that. It's nauseating."

Suzune's face turned green from my sweet call.

I must say that it's been really a long time, since my charms worked so little on the girl my age.

It was a little frustrating, but I was patient.

I made a voice recording with bet conditions on it and Suzune just simply said that she agree with that at the end.

It would be easier to just write an agreement for our bet, but I wouldn't get another benefit from that, which was..

Kiyotaka: "Please give me your contact info."

Suzune: "Do I have to?"

Kiyotaka: "I need to send you this recording for fairness, so I kindly ask you for your phone number. Unless you don't want it."

Suzune: "This is getting annoying. I will block you after your first worthless message."

We exchanged contact information and I sent her the recording.

Suzune just checked it and started to continue her lunch, while ignoring my existence.

I stared at her, then at her number in my phone.

Poor Suzune.

She didn't know that she just agreed to the deal with demon.

Taming her into submission sure is gonna be enjoyable.

I really can't wait to see her face, when I will be officially appointed as Vice-President.

Not only I will get myself a good social position, I will also get a beauty.

I must thank brother-in-law later. His support was really great.

I will make sure his sister will have a lot of fun in the future.

I smiled a little to myself and started to eat my lunch.

Just when I was about to finish eating, I got a message from Fuka.

[Fuka]: Kiyotaka, save me.

[Kiyotaka]: ??

[Fuka]: My classmates are killing me.

[Kiyotaka]: What?

[Fuka]: They are trying to make me join their sect.

[Kiyotaka]: Sect? What kind of sect?

[Fuka]: A friendship sect.

[Kiyotaka]: What? Are you joking?

[Fuka]: Nooo, I am serious.

[Fuka]: You need to save me, Kiyotaka. Otherwise your Fuka-chan will turn into a good girl. You don't want me to turn into a good girl, do you?

[Kiyotaka]: My spear is yours to command, my lady.

[Fuka]: Then pick me up after the classes, my knight. I will reward you greatly.

[Kiyotaka]: I will rush like the wind towards you, my lady. I will cross through seven hills and swam through seven seas to prevent your cruel fate.

[Fuka]: Then I will longingly await your arrival, Sir Kiyotaka.

Looks like Fuka was having a hard time with her class.

What exactly were her classmates doing for her to ask me to interfere?

I was curious about this 'friendship sect'.

But thanks to Fuka, I will have a chance to meet with class B soon and start to make some connections.

This is a good beginning.

Suzune: "How creepy."

Kiyotaka: "Huh?"

Suzune: "You were watching your phone with a creepy smile for a while. It's disturbing, so please stop."

Kiyotaka: "I just got myself a date after the school with the girl more beautiful than you."

Suzune: "Poor girl. For her to fall so low and interact with you. She has my condolences. She was probably forced by you."

Kiyotaka: "How funny, Suzune. But unfortunately, she is not a scaredy cat like you. You are unique existence in this school. And you probably broke some record with that fainting."

Suzune: "If you dare to speak about that anymore, I will.."

Kiyotaka: "Kiss me one more time? Go ahead."

Suzune: "Ayanokouji-kun. You better prepare yourself as my slave. I will make sure to work you to the bone."

Kiyotaka: "How sadistic. But the one, who should prepare is you, Suzune. Our dates are going to be so fun. I just can't wait to see you under.. cough.. with me."

Suzune: "Just being classmates with a scum like you is degenerating. Your admission to this elite school is the biggest mistake of the administration here."

Kiyotaka: "They probably saw in me the same thing as your brother."

Suzune: "You sure love to spout nonsense. I will not believe anything you will say from now on, Ayanokouji-kun."

Kiyotaka: "We shall see, Suzune. We shall see. I think I understand why your brother doesn't treat you well. You sure are short-sighted. I will try to fix it during our dates."

Suzune: "Shut up! It's not your business! Leave me alone!"

Kiyotaka: "Okay. We will talk about that after I win our bet."

Suzune looked away, refusing to continue our conversation.

As expected, she and President were on bad terms with each other.

To be more specific, it looks like Horikita-senpai disapprove of Suzune. Which is not that surprising after seeing her character and actions.

Trying to fix that problem may be troublesome without knowing the root of it.

Either I need to have a honest talk with Horikita-senpai, either I need to push Suzune even more.

For now, let's endure her malice until I got the Vice-President position.

For now, my social standing outside the class is my highest priority.

I need to build relationships with other classes.

I probably should ask Masumi and Nishino how they were doing with their classmates.

I texted both of them, asking how they were doing.

After half a minute I got a reply from Masumi.

[Masumi]: I'm fine.

[Kiyotaka]: Did you make new friends?

[Masumi]: No.

[Kiyotaka]: Why?

[Masumi]: My classmates are annoying.

[Kiyotaka]: Why?

[Masumi]: I don't want to talk about it.

[Kiyotaka]: I see.

...

...

[Kiyotaka]: You are not going to ask me how was my day?

[Masumi]: I am not interested.

This girl..

I will make sure you are interested then.

I sent her a picture of my hand in the bandage.

[Kiyotaka]: At least no one bullied you. That's good.

[Kiyotaka]: Have a nice day, Masumi.

[Masumi]: What the hell happened to you?!

[Kiyotaka]: It's a long story. I don't want to bore you, since you are not interested.

[Masumi]: You sure are annoying.

[Masumi]: Fine, I am interested. So tell me.

[Kiyotaka]: Wanna come to my room later? I could tell you, while having a drink.

[Masumi]: This was your goal from the beginning, wasn't it?

[Kiyotaka]: Who knows.

[Kiyotaka]: So you are not interested anymore?

[Masumi]: Fine, I will come in the evening.

[Kiyotaka]: Thank you, Masumi. I will be waiting for you.

[Masumi]: Yeah. See you later.

And with that I got another meeting with a beauty today.

My life here sure was busy.

This time Suzune didn't comment anything.

I think she really decided to not speak with me more than necessary.

For the rest of the lunch break, I was looking through the window or observing my classmates.

I must say that this class sure have some weird individuals apart from Rokusuke.

There were some boys, who were talking loudly about how the girls were cute and how this or that girl had big boobs. Kushida's name were repeated some times by them. Poor girl.

The two biggest groups in the class belonged to Hirata and Kushida.

Kushida's friendly demeanor definitely won her friendship with many classmates. Her group was mainly with rather shy girls, who spoke happily with her.

There were also some boys, who were trying to speak with her in the meantime, probably trying their luck. Yet, Kushida's smile never wavered.

If there was anything weird that was worth noting about her, it was her taking a peek at Suzune from time to time and by extension at me.

I caught her once and she wawed to me with smile. But my intuition was telling me that there was more to it.

How did she know about Suzune's name, if Suzune never introduced herself to the class? Were they actually acquaintances from the middle school or something? It's a plausible theory.

It's worth investigating, since Kushida was cute as hell. And her boobs were really big.

Looks like I got infected with perverted thoughts of my classmates.

I looked at the second big group in the classroom.

If I was trying to name it, it would be called 'Hirata's Fanclub'.

It was a circle made with Hirata and the girls, who probably were hitting on him. The blonde ponytail girl was one of them. Her presence was the strongest among the girls there.

This picture was exactly what I wanted to avoid at all cost.

A boy, who was nice and handsome, who had a charisma of class leader and probably will become one in the near future. And a bunch of girls, who flocked to him like moths to a light.

Although at the first sight it looked nice and I could see some boys jealous stares at Hirata, in the reality it was really a tiresome position.

You needed a lot of patience for every one of those girls and your private time would be totally occupied with them.

On the one hand, they would like to know everything about you, but on the other hand, they would actually know nothing important about you. Especially the bad stuff.

I bet some of those girls already see Hirata as a knight in shining armor without even considering that he may actually have some bad past or addictions.

If Hirata was actually a hidden playboy, I'm sure he would take a virginity of one of them before the end of the month.

Well, since I don't know any of them, it's not my problem for now.

On the unimportant note, I am more than sure that Rokusuke will have this achievement, though no one from our classmates was paying attention to him and vice versa.

That fellow was always into older women. Not that I am blaming him or anything.

As long as he won't pay attention to Sae-sensei, I don't plan to interfere with his conquests.

While thinking about useless stuff like that, the break was over and the lesson started.

My classmates behaviour was getting more and more wild with every minute. There were practically only a few students, who took the classes seriously, like Suzune.

I was trying to not make problems myself, but I wasn't really paying attention to the teacher as well.

I was slightly worried about no answer from Nishino.

I think our relation was rather good, so she shouldn't behave like that towards me.

Could it be that she had so much fun with her classmates that she didn't check up her phone?

It was the only positive theory that I had about this situation. The other ones were rather bad or troublesome.

I decided to send her another message later to see her response.

The rest of the classes passed fairly quickly and my first day in the school was finally over.

I packed myself and started to leave the classroom.

I felt a few gazes at me, but I already had appointment with Fuka, so there was no need to waste time for now.

I made eye contact with no one and left quickly.

Classroom of the class 1-B was not so far, but it would still take a few minutes to arrive there.

Suddenly I heard a voice from behind.

??: "Wait, Ayanokouji-kun!"

I turned around and saw Kushida, who was a little out of breath. She probably went after me a few moments after I left the classroom.

Kiyotaka: "Hello, Kushida. Do you need something from me? I am in hurry, so I don't have much time to talk right now."

Kushida: "Oh, I'm sorry for stopping you so suddenly, Ayanokouji-kun. I just have one quick question for you. Are you on good terms with Horikita-san?"

So it was about Suzune. Kushida sure was not subtle with her motive.

To be honest I was a little disappointed, since I thought she may ask me to hang out later.

Kiyotaka: "Well, I wouldn't say that we are on good terms, since we just met today. I guess we are just casual acquaintances, who are also seatmates. That's all. Do you want something from her?"

Kushida: "You see, I want to be friends with everyone. That's why I was asking for everyone's contact information. But Horikita-san turned me down."

So she wasn't actually close to Suzune, but somehow knew about her. Interesting.

Kushida: "I am worried about Horikita-san. She didn't become close with anyone yesterday and today she had that incident. That's why I was thinking that maybe you would help me get to know her better, Ayanokouji-kun."

Kiyotaka: "I don't want to disappoint you, but I just met her as well, so I don't know much about her."

Kushida: "Is that so? But Horikita-san took you with her during the lunch break and you two were talking with each other in the classroom. I thought you were her old friend, Ayanokouji-kun."

She sure was interested in Suzune. I wondered why.

Since I wasn't sure about Kushida's motives, I decided to play passive.

Kiyotaka: "I'm sorry, but I didn't know Horikita before today. She has rather cold personality. I don't think I could help you for now. Maybe later I will know more about her."

Kushida: "I see. I'm sorry for asking you such a weird question, Ayanokouji-kun. I hope you didn't mind me bothering you, when you are in hurry."

Kiyotaka: "Don't worry, Kushida. I don't mind. I hope you will become friends with Horikita soon."

Kushida: "Hehe, thank you, Ayanokouji-kun. You are a nice guy. I hope we will become good friends as well. Please invite me to hang out sometimes in the future."

Kiyotaka: "Of course, it will be my pleasure to invite you. Have a nice day, Kushida."

I smiled at her and left in the direction of Fuka's classroom.

I must say that Kushida was a good talker.

Despite not being forceful or aggressive, I could feel that she was leading our talk in her rhyme.

Her body language was also suggesting a deep worry and friendly motives.

Adding to that her cuteness and sex appeal, she sure made a deadly combo for any adolescent boy.

The only questionable thing was, if she was doing it subconsciously or not.

Her knowledge about Suzune was suspicious. Even more, since Kushida was definitely targeting her on some level.

Looks like Suzune had many secrets for me to discover.

And since Kushida was so interested in her, our ways will surely cross many times.

Let's use my lovely seatmate as bait to see how the cute angel will react to her.

Who knows, maybe I will fish more than I could imagine.

To be continued..

Author's notes:

Hello. Thank you for reading this chapter.

I have a question for my readers.

There were some comments that my style of writing is rather wrong and I should use different style for dialogues.

It's like my style is:

Kiyotaka: "Hi. I am Ayanokouji Kiyotaka."

Suzune: "Hi. I am Horikita Suzune."

And it should be:

I introduced myself, "I am Ayanokouji Kiyotaka."

The girl also introduced herself, "I am Horikita Suzune."

Something like that.

Do you think I should change it like that? Does my current style bother you much?

If yes, then for the next week I will try to rewrite all of my existing chapters to match the new style. So there will be a delay for the next chapter.

It was bothering me lately, so I decided to ask you all :-)

I would also like to apologize for all my grammar mistakes. Like I said at the beginning, English is not my main language, so my writing will probably never be 100% correct. Of course, I will try to improve myself in time, but I want to focus more on my story. It's a priority for me. I hope you will understand.

See you in the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 1K 17
So it's crossover fic just as title saying and I am inspired by @KojiEnthusiast so yea. Of course I won't copy his story just got idea of doing this...
121K 4.5K 21
A wicked stepmother, Two jealous step sisters who are jealous of the oh-so-Amazing Cinderella and a hot prince dude who falls for her. Isn't that how...
165K 4.3K 21
After Sensei finished explaining things about this school, all of my classmates were ecstatic,they didn't even find it weird or suspicious that a sch...
26K 906 12
A story that focuses on the romantic development between Ayanokouji Kiyotaka and Sakayanagi Arisu. This takes place during Volume 11.5 of Year 1, and...