The Royal Scandal | Prince Wi...

By Antoinette_II

The only royal role she would get to play would be Aurora in Sleeping Beauty. The future King of England had... More

The Royal Scandal
Act I ~ The Pawn
Part I: Send Off
Letters
Let's Celebrate 18
Shy First Encounter
You Again!?!
How Was Your Date?
I'm Fine
Tis the Season... But It's September
Delicate Forces
The Prophesied Fall
Royal Movies
Circa Regna Tonat
Down to the Wire
Finding Home
Here We Go Again
Good Morning
The Chase
The Start of Disaster
Unimpressed With Her
Hold Me Till Dawn
Late Night Calls
Unravelling the Web
The Prince and the Girl
She's Here With You
Can The World Crush Her?
Opening Night
The Fall
If You Love Her
The Flame
Ready For More
We Are Strong
She Is Power
Dance In Your Blood
American Royalty
Tonight We Can Dream
Our Star Crossed Love
Family Matters
Someone Unexpected
The Conversation
The Return
Part II: Homecoming
Welcome to Podunk Illinois
Miracles
The Lesson
Missing You
The Royal Screw Up
Wedding Bells
Oh... It's You
The Calm
The Storm
Give It Time
Enough
Big Change... Is Coming
Pride
Around and Around We Go
Are You a Winner?
Remembering Passion
Fallout
Testing
Interlude 2007-2009
ACT II ~ The Rook
Part III: Never a Bride
Space to Think
What We Do For Love
Sins of the Father
The Waiting Game
Easy With You
Play the Game
Sugar Plums and Wedding Bells
This Time Next Year
What Makes a Slyph
The Long Goodbye
The Introduction
Goodbye Jaclyn Webber
All That We've Come From
Here Comes the Bride
Like the Sun Has the Moon
The Duke and Duchess
Part IV: Next Chapter
Big News
Second Guessing
Broken Bodies, Broken Hearts
Flowers Help Heal
Important Questions
Pretty Pretty Girl
What's in Your Head?
You Misunderstand Me
It's That Time of Year
Not the Time for Christmas Cheer
Oh Baby
An Heir for an Heir
Guilt
Getting Back To Normal
Shock Factor
Act III ~ The Knight
Interlude 2013-2016
Part V: Commander Cambridge
Cause to Celebrate
Doing Good
Indomitable
Careful Where You Tread
Whispers in Corners
Milestones Pass By
Me? Plotting?
It's Like A Sport
Eyes on Me
Pretty Things
Snow Fall in Summer
Part VI: Old Wounds Leave Scars
New Addition
The Root of All Problems
Be Warned
I Have Thorns Too
Bruises That Don't Disappear
This Distance Between Us
Double Trouble
So It Begins
Stained Red
Is This My Legacy?
When Duty Calls
Leave Us In Ruins
Curtain Call
I Bleed Red
Rise From Your Ashes
Rose Colored
The World is Too Much
Old Memories
Turning Tables

A Princess is Named

3.9K 152 17
By Antoinette_II

A New Kind of Christening
The Daily Mail

The nearly 4-month-old royal baby is to be christened later today as Princess Amelia Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge in a private ceremony for close family and friends in the Chapel Royal of St. James's Palace.

The royal guests will total only five: Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla Duchess of Cornwall, and Prince Harry, Also there will be Duchess Jaclyn's parents, Michelle and Brad Webber, her brother Caleb, her paternal grandparents Janet and Larry Webber, and maternal grandmother Glenda Hutchinson.

The godparents chosen by Prince William and Duchess Jackie for their first-born daughter breaks with royal tradition because they include non-royal friends rather than foreign royals, as with, for example, the baby's grandfather, Prince Charles, and her great-grandmother, the queen.

The godparents are:

• Oliver Baker, who attended the University of St. Andrews with William.

• Natania Bell, who grew up with Jackie and later attended the Royal Ballet School with her. She also helped introduce Will and Jackie.

• Hugh, Earl Grosvenor, the son of the Duke of Westminster.

• Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, who serves as private secretary to William, Jackie and Harry, but will be retiring from the full time position in the fall. He will continue to serve part-time as principal private secretary and equerry. His son was also in the royal wedding.

• Penelope Knatchbull, Countess Mountbatten of Burma, is a close friend to The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. She also trained Jaclyn in the ways of royalty.

• Zara Tindall, William's cousin, granddaughter to the queen, daughter of Princess Anne the Princess Royal. She is also responsible for helping Will and Jackie meet.

• William van Cutsem, a childhood friend of Will's, son of Hugh van Cutsem, one of Prince Charles' oldest friends. Will is godfather to van Cutsem's daughter Grace, who was in the wedding.

Meanwhile, it was raining heavily in London today but that didn't stop royal fans, some outfitted in colorful gear, from gathering outside the chapel early, some as early as days before.

"My future king knows I've been here all night," Julie Cain, 50, of New Castle, said. "It gives you a sense of pride."

Sitting in lawn chairs set up across from where the queen will enter the christening, and adorned with Union Jack paraphernalia, these well-wishers have followed royal family events for decades.

"This is a historic moment," said John Loughrey, 58, of London, a self-proclaimed "Diana super fan." "Princess Diana will be giving her special love today."

Decked out in a Union Jack suit, Terry Hutt, 78, spent hours this morning stringing British flags to the barricades across the street from St. James's Palace. Hutt, who spent weeks outside the Lindo Wing awaiting Princess Amelia's birth in January, has followed every royal event since he met the late Queen Mother Elizabeth at age four.

"I'd like to think that I've become a royal family godparent of sorts," Hutt said.

However the new parents have requested that everyone keep their distance as the young princess is still a premature baby and susceptible to illness when surrounded by too many new people. Their communications office released the following statement:

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very appreciative of the well wishes for Princess Amelia, and the support everyone has shown, but due to the princess's early arrival they would like to request that everyone keep as much distance as possible for the the princess's safety.

-----

March 25, 2013

The legacy of the Windsor's is long and rich and woven into every part of the ceremony. Jaclyn can see it just entering the chapel. From the Archbishop of Canterbury to the silver gold leaf lily font Prince Albert commissioned. It's in the gown Amelia wears and in the very name she's been given.

The same christening gown had been used in the royal family since the birth of Queen Victoria's first child, Princess Victoria, but that was nearly two hundred years ago so a replica was needed.

The replica of the gown is large on Amelia, held together in the back with a safety pin because it has to be large enough for everyone else's kids. It cascades off of her in a vintage lace pattern that matches the shade of her quickly growing and curling hair.

"So this is what it looks like on the inside." Jaclyn turns to her Gaga as they step inside. Her family is the first to arrive. Her other grandparents staking out seats in the pews while her parents look around, and Will chases Caleb around.

The Chapel Royal is small, perfect for their more private christening, but the walls still stretch to the sky so for her to take in every detail her neck arches. "It always manages to impress me."

"Do you think there will come a time when it doesn't anymore?"

The thought bounced around her head, and visions of the possible future played with it. A future where she could walk into any palace or chapel and barely blink, but it seemed so unappealing. To not privately gawk at the magnificence around her would feel like a disservice, and how boring life would be if the architecture and art no longer impressed.

"I don't think so." She holds Mia closer, picturing the both of them walking the halls so she can point out all the fascinating things around them. A gentle but impactful way to impress upon her how great her legacy is.

Charles and Camilla enter then, going straight to her parents to most likely discuss getting together for dinner soon, and her Gaga sharply turns back to the window. To anyone else she would appear the perfect image of detached, cold eyes empty and expression so blank anyone could morph it, but Jaclyn sees the tight clasp of her hands.

"Gaga-" she warns, keeping the edge out as to not disrupt Amelia who's so in tune with her. The older woman turns to her, a pleasant mask shaping to her features and it's like she's a new person. "I'm alright, Jac," but then she turns back to the window, and in a voice that is only for her reflection she mumbles, "But she should be here."

Jaclyn wants to point out that she doesn't know Diana, that reading a book and sitting through interviews doesn't mean you can know someone. But she won't make a scene or do anything more than whisper her displeasure, so Jaclyn won't drag it out.

Amelia is passed out to the world in her arms, exhausted from crying most of the night away. Jaclyn can feel her pain and wants to curl up on a pew and take a nap too. Fighting back a yawn, she adjusts her hold around the layers of fabric swallowing her daughter and takes her grandma's hand.

She squeezes to convey her silent question, but turns to the window as she waits. The morning grass is soft and dewey around the palace, a mist of vapor hovering a foot above the ground, but below the towering glass windows. So, when Jaclyn glances through the panes apart of her believes she's on a cliff trying to find the hidden world below.

Past the road and the small patch of greenery that can flourish in the city she can see people camped out at a respectful distance. They can probably see her, their phones and cameras trying to zoom in to catch a photo of her draped in the fogged window.

Eventually Glenda squeezes back, and Jaclyn knows it's safe to continue. Perhaps, seeing Charles and Camilla is a reminder of her own failed marriage, and even though they're not the same Diana and her went through similar enough situations for her Gaga to latch onto and love the image of the suffering woman.

"She is here." Jaclyn glances down at the broach of white forget-me-nots that would blend into her dress if it weren't for the gold swirls encircling it. Kate scoured every thrift store near Arundel Castle, despite Charlie ordering her to rest, to find it. Jaclyn could tell Diana was with them and watching over Mia, but she needed a way to silently tell everyone else.

"She's such a good baby," her Gaga sighs, running a hand along her little head full of crazy hair. Her other grandma makes her over then, ears tuned in for the words 'baby' and she gives Jaclyn a kiss to each cheek then she's focused on Amelia.

Jaclyn can only grunt. "Don't jinx it. William cried all through his christening, and I wouldn't put it past her." After all, not even six hours earlier she was begging Amelia to stop crying so they all could sleep, but still her words are full of a fondness. Every comparison between Will and Mia makes her smile.

"Give her some credit, she's your daughter too, and you were quiet as a mouse." Little eyes peek open as if sensing that they're talking about her, and both her grandma's swoon with quiet ooo's billowing up the walls of the chapel. Grandma Janet takes her then, that's when a new realization hits her.

Amelia doesn't just resemble her, but she looks like a Webber. While her hair is the color of an orange flame, her Grandma Janet has the same winding waves falling down under the large brim of her hat. Her eyes are wide and made to look at the world, and Mia is a reflection of that. It's comforting knowing a piece of herself and her family will be seen in the Windsor's legacy.

Jaclyn's never been more grateful to resemble her father, who resembles his own mother. It feels like a silent protest to the people who despise her. The press are always quick to comment on how chic her mom and Gaga look when in London, but her dad and his parents are often overlooked.

Her Grandma Janet doesn't seem to care. Her focus is for her only great granddaughter, sweet contentment softening the stress worn creases across her naturally aging face. Her dress is loud, bright pink and floral with the big hat, but in a way it works for her. Where her other grandma is wearing a sleek silver coat dress that drops to her knees, a small fascinator with a net crumpled atop her short pixie hair.

They contrast like an awkward abstract painting, but that's the beauty of her side of the family.

"Jaclyn, would you mind introducing me to these lovely ladies?" Her head snaps up to see Lady Mountbatten waiting in the archway, a picture of art in her lavender coat dress and matching hat. Her hands are folded expertly, and like always her eyes run over Jaclyn assessing how she is.

"Lady Mountbatten, these are my grandmother's, Janet and Glenda, and this," she pauses as Amelia is handed back to her, "Is Amelia."

Her glossed nude lips quirk in, a soft grin, but she keeps her distance as if afraid to reach out and touch her goddaughter. "I was happy to see William won the name battle. The last thing we all needed was another Mary or Anne running around."

"And it means hardworking," her Gaga points out, "It's lovely to finally meet you, thank you for all the help you've given Jac."

Once both her grandmas depart to go check on everyone else, Penelope does another once over, and Jaclyn pretends she doesn't notice. She just hopes the outfit Kate and her constructed is acceptable. A shade of creamy white to match Amelia's gown with a matching fascinator. There's nothing frilly or excessive, Kate seems to understand that she likes clean and classic lines over dramatic affect. Then there's the brooch and Diana's Collingwood earrings, and if Penelope's keen eyes say anything, they say she made a smart choice.

"You look well," the countess starts, "There were so many rumors coming from the hospital. I think I expected you to appear half dead." She says it with a joking tut and click of her tongue, but her lips pull and squish in the corners like a sour taste has settled in her mouth.

Jaclyn shrugs, fighting her embarrassed flush, "I'm feeling better now."

"I'm sorry I didn't come visit you, I just..." her voice fades, drowning in the side conversations surrounding them. Her eyes fixate on the dias and font at the front of the church, but it's clear she can't see the celebration. She's watching a funeral move by them, faded ghosts casting over the brightness in the chapel.

"I couldn't be there."

Jaclyn holds Amelia tighter, reminding herself that she's there and alive because the thought of losing her is enough for her heart to take off. She can feel the life drain from her at the possibility, and she can't imagine how strong Lady Mountbatten must be to still push on after losing Leonora.

"You should hold her," Jaclyn suddenly blurts surprised herself.

"I dont-"

But her protest is a contradiction to her practiced arms, that wind around Amelia, and her words evaporate to vapor once their eyes meet.

-----

Amelia cried softly through a portion of the ceremony, hating the water that was poured over her head. If the whispers were to be believed it was water straight from the River Jordan where many believed Jesus was baptized. The Archbishop of Canterbury held Amelia up for everyone to see as he blessed her, but their guests had to hide their laughter as she scowled and teetered in his grasp to be let go.

"She's perfect, Jac," Zara says later once all the pictures are down and everyone has returned to Clarence House. Their slices of fruit cake, from the top tier of William and Jaclyn's wedding cake, are forgotten on the dining room table next to them.

"So everyone keeps saying."

Zara seems content enough to simply gaze at Mia, allowing her tiny hand to lock around her finger or reach up to touch her cheek. Jaclyn seizes the opportunity to close her eyes for the briefest of seconds, sinking into the dark depths of her mind while everyone chatters around her. She can hear William cracking jokes with the guys in the back and Charles and her father discussing alternative gardening methods, and she allows it all to soothe her into a state of almost resting.

It doesn't even matter that the wooden dining room chairs are awkwardly upright and uncomfortable. Not when she hasn't slept in weeks.

"I'm ready to have kids."

That's enough to make her bolt back upright. Her knee knocks the table enough for the glassware to rattle, and the swell of the sound catches the attention of the Queen and Lady Mountbatten who both tisk them but don't really seem surprised.

Jaclyn clears her throat, but lowers her voice. "Really? Have you and Mike..."

"No, I think..." Zara hesitates, looking down at Mia like she'll have the answers, but even if she can't give them looking into her eyes always gives Jaclyn the encouragement to sort herself out. It's probably the same thing for Zara. "I think I just realized." And Jaclyn can see it, the curious enlightenment that glows across her strong features, like she's seeing the answer she's been looking for.

"The only set back is my career."

A part of Jaclyn's excitement dulls back until she doesn't feel so exhilarated. She knows the suffering that comes from choosing between two things you want, especially when those two things are a family and a career. Natalia Osipova still haunts her mind, in a lurking corner where she visits just to be reminded.

"You get to decide when you're done, Zara," she insists.

"How did you know?"

How did I know?

Her snapping hip flared the year before her retirement, but subsequently went away. In the back of her mind she knew then it would be a problem, and she didn't want to go out on someone else's terms. She wanted to leave at the peak of her career where she was still fresh and glorious. Because why would she stay and perform if it would only be lackluster and reminiscent of what she once was? She didn't want to be Margot Fonteyn who pushed her career past its limits, and was remembered more for her tragic circumstance than her dancing.

More than that Jaclyn could still feel the calm that washed over when she realized she had nothing more to give to dance, that her time had come to give back the gift she was blessed with. "There was a point where I realized I had already given everything I could to dance, and I accomplished everything I wanted to."

Zara's response is immediate. "I haven't reached that point yet."

So hers is too. "And that's okay." Because it is okay. Becoming a mom, having a baby, none of it means you have to give up on what you're passionate about.

"What are my favorite girls talking about?"

"You're not supposed to have favorites," Jaclyn remarks, in a bored drawl, but as she turns to face Philip her eye has a special twinkle for him. He leans on the back of their chairs, waving down to Mia who stares back from Zara's arms.

"Yet, he clearly does so just accept it."

"Well then you should know better because Louise is clearly his favorite."

"I'm right here-" he tries to interject in his gruff voice, but Zara is already pushing back at Jaclyn. "Well that's not fair, Louise is everyone's favorite."

"I don't actually have-"

They all stop, heads swiveling down in tandem when Amelia starts to hiccup. Zara all but throws her at Jaclyn who quickly tries to calm her down by letting her suck on her finger. When she doesn't take the bait, she runs through the mental checklist of things that could cause her to cry. Her diaper was changed after the ceremony and she was fed too.

Williams at her side in an instant just as her hiccups are turning to cries. Her arms and legs flail the best they can through the fabric of the gown, and her eyes squish together as she sucks in, wails and repeats. Jaclyn tries to rock her softly, whispering sweet words that are drowned out in Mia's crying.

"Oh God!" Caleb gasps from across the room, and despite her still crying daughter she sits up straight. Behind her Caleb starts to fidget, and her parents try to pull him away from the center of the chaos. Everyone else frets and laughs softly to ease the pressure climbing to fester in her furrowed brows.

"I remember William did the same thing," Harry laughs, and Jaclyn doesn't have to see him to tell he's trying to calm the situation, but her ears are drumming with her panicked heart. As William tries to stop Mia's cries she can't help, but look up to her family lurking in shadows, but staying distant from anything priceless.

Caleb's stronger than Jaclyn's remembers him being even the year before, and though her dad wrestles with his arms to keep him from hitting something or someone in his blinding frustration, he can't wrap him up like he once used to.

"You weren't even there," Will snaps, but the overly cheerful expression he's making doesn't fall off his face, nor does he look up. "She might want something to suck on."

They've turned to each other so their knees touch in an attempt to cocoon Amelia. She takes it as a chance to roll as much as she can into William's lap, reaching for him with a red and tear stained face. Even as he takes her and she continues to cry Jaclyn feels everyone's eyes on her back, and the hairs on the back of her neck stand up.

"I tried that, maybe we should..." She trails off, eyeing her brother. His hands are pressing fiercely into his head, and his breath is coming out in heavy hisses. She's dragging William towards the door before she can finish, conscious of Mia in his arms.

Once in the hallway they take turns holding and rocking her up and down the hall, and Jaclyn's conscious of the lurking eyes and ears that blend with the wallpaper. She doesn't know the staff here like she does the staff at KP, and the tabloids that circled about her brother are still too fresh for her to relax in a household that isn't her own.

"Give her to me," Jaclyn sighs, wrapping her arms up in the long fabric to start walking up down through the hallway. "Do you see that Mia? That's a portrait of your great great great grandfather, George V."

Like an echo fading as she moves she can hear William telling his family to talk softly amongst themselves, to act normal in the face of chaos, and to top it off he carefully closes the doors. Aware of Caleb's sensitive ears.

"Before Grandpa Charles many people lived here. It was first built for the Duke of Clarence who later became William IV." She talks over Amelia's cries with a soft bounce in her step, and gentle fingers that wipe away her daughters tears. "It was bombed during The Blitz, and was later used by the Red Cross."

As she mumbles fact after fact, pointing out picture after picture, slowly Amelia calms down to the point of hiccuping and staring up in wonderment with bloodshot blue eyes.

"How old will she be when she stops crying?" William asks, falling into the wall behind him almost knocking over the portrait of George V.

"I'm pretty sure she's going to cry for the rest of her life." Amelia giggles as if reaffirming her joking statement, and if it weren't for the shimmering liquid sticky on her cheeks Jaclyn wouldn't have known she was crying. With an exasperated sigh she slides down the wall so she's crouched next to William, and Mia who doesn't understand why her dad looks so exhausted swats at his face.

"That's unfortunate."

The hush in the hall is awkward to her ears now that they've adjusted to Mia's crying, and her head aches from the emptiness. So she laughs.

She laughs until her sides ache and cramp, and her head falls back onto William's shoulder. She laughs because she's so tired she's delirious, and she laughs because despite that her life is really really good, and clearly William feels the same because he joins in.

-----

PLEASE READ!!!

Before moving on please read this quick psa. The act divider is up for the next two parts, and I would love it if you guys would check that out and let me know what you think, but I don't want to confuse anyone because I did make a promise way back when I started this story.

Things may look grim lol, but there will be no physical cheating in this story. I don't want to give too much away but I don't want people to stop reading, so it's more of a misunderstanding of a situation that the media picks up with some already stemming marital issues that need to be addressed in therapy. 😅

It'll make more sense when you read it, but still that won't be for a few months still. For a little inside info, I was really into One Tree Hill when I first drafted this part about two years ago, so the plot is inspired by something that happens in one of the later seasons. If you know you know 😈

Okay now you may proceed, again let me know what you think, and if you have any questions or concerns please ask!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.3K 1K 58
Ella Diana Porter, 21 years old young woman who's born in England but her parents moved to France, is soon going back in England to one of the most p...
26.2K 1.7K 18
The Queen is dead! Long live the King! Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has passed. Rocking the foundation of the British royal family and bringing to...
13.5M 683K 58
**Only the bonus chapter is paid, the rest of the story is (and will stay) free!!** Libby Marks-Whelan is decidedly not a lady. Kicked out of nearly...
40.4K 1.2K 26
Princess Aurora was kidnapped as a child and thrown into the brutal world of pirates and slavery. Many years later she is rescued by the handsome Pri...