Midnight Is Ours

By virgothealchemist

"Us at midday was perfect, but I'm not perfect. I'm messy, nothing on earth could make me a sunrise like you... More

Author's Note
Floral and Fading
Not The Same
Not So Bad, After All
Pride (pt1): Failing and Trying Again
Character Details (Part Two)
Pride (pt2): Ready as I'll Ever Be
Pride (pt3): Ga(y)s Station
Pride (pt4): Hangout
Reading Break
Pride (pt5): The Hidden McDonald's
Pride (pt6): Felt The Same
Pride (pt7): Exit Stage Left
Love Me Or Not
Counting On It
Your Way
HIATUS
Midas

Can we still be friends?

23 3 3
By virgothealchemist

The next two hours were a blur of selfies, preparation for the stage and avoiding Sol -- the last one becoming more and more difficult as Soleil followed me around like a lost puppy.
Except puppies don't have a habit of stabbing people in the back.

I wish he wouldn't make it so difficult, being angry at him. I wished he'd leave already, tear off the bandage, as one person wouldn't have said.
I kept my distance, while Sol seemed to have finally taken a hint, because even though his eyes were full of sadness, he never spoke.

I didn't take notice.

We were early, but I liked that. Getting to soak in the last little bit of irresponsibility, reminiscing all the small things.

I offered to help with the preparations and was given a job with Sol to move some treats from Ms Eli's class to the school hall.

There was so much on my mind, I didn't even realize that my hands had started to shake until a branch of white boxes of confectioneries fell out of my hands.

"You okay?"
Sol stood behind me, setting a box he had down, hand on my shoulder.
I wanted to shake it off as my shoulders begin to tremble and suddenly, I didn't have it in me to stop.

To stop feeling, to stop missing him, to stop being scared about what's about to happen.

"It's really about to be over, isn't it?" I said it so softly, I barely heard it.
He pulled me in for a hug, allowing me to take in his seasalt scent.
I didn't know why I was acting like this, everything seemed so silly in hindsight: being angry over Sol leaving, feeling like this because everything felt like it was about to end.
It's like high school was the end-all-be-all, I knew it wasn't. There was still so much more life to be had.

"Can we still be friends?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 354 35
what if the rookie had a group chat
112K 2.5K 51
Alissa Iris De Leรณn the daughter of both the Spanish and Italian Mafia. A week after she was born she was sent away from her 2 brothers to live with...
26.4K 1.4K 8
แ€™แ€ญแ€‘แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€ธแ€›แ€ฒแ€ทแ€žแ€ฌแ€ธแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏ แ€แ€ปแ€…แ€บแ€™แ€ญแ€žแ€ฝแ€ฌแ€ธแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎ BL Fiction shorts stories แ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€ซแ‹
42.5K 2.9K 35
ยซ แž แžนแž€ แžขแŸ’แž แžนแž€ แŸ— แžแŸ’แž‰แžปแŸ†แž˜แžทแž“แž…แž„แŸ‹แž”แžถแž“แž”แŸ‚แž”แž“แžทแž„แž‘แŸ แžแŸ’แž‰แžปแŸ†แž…แž„แŸ‹แžฒแŸ’แž™แž”แŸ‰แžถแžŸแŸ’แžšแžกแžถแž‰แŸ‹แžแŸ’แž‰แžปแŸ†แž€แŸ’แž“แžปแž„แž“แžถแž˜แžŸแŸ’แž“แŸแž แžถแž˜แžทแž“แž˜แŸ‚แž“แžšแžœแžถแž„แž”แŸ‰แžถแž€แžผแž“ ยป ยซ แžšแžœแžถแž„แž™แžพแž„แž‘แŸ…แž˜แžทแž“แžšแžฝแž…แž‘แŸแž‡แžปแž„แž‚แžปแž€ แž”แŸ‰แžถแž˜แžทแž“แž”แžถแž“แž‚แžทแžแž›แžพแžฏแž„แž›แžพแžŸแž–แžธแž…แŸ†แžŽแž„แž”แŸ‰...