Sold Out Of Love | Rafe Camer...

ุจูˆุงุณุทุฉ lauvergirl

๐ˆ๐’๐‹๐€ ๐Œ๐€๐ƒ๐ˆ๐’๐Ž๐ | moved beside the Camerons after her father, Mark Madison had became business partne... ุงู„ู…ุฒูŠุฏ

๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ง๐๐š๐ฒ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ 
๐ฆ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ
๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฒ ๐›๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ก๐๐š๐ฒ, ๐›๐ž๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ
๐๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฆ๐ž
๐ฐ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐›๐š๐›๐ฒ?
๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž
๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ˆ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐
๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก ๐จ๐ซ ๐๐š๐ซ๐ž
๐ ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐ฅ๐ข๐š๐ซ๐ฌ
๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ ๐ฌ
๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ
๐๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฆ๐ž๐ฆ๐›๐ž๐ซ
๐ข ๐ ๐จ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ
๐๐š๐ฒ๐๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ 
๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž
๐œ๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐ฌ
๐ฆ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐
๐ฎ๐ง๐Ÿ๐š๐ข๐ซ
๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ข๐Ÿ
๐€๐ฎ๐ ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ
๐œ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ž๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ
๐ฐ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ
๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐›๐š๐›๐ฒ
๐ˆ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐จ
๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ
๐ก๐š๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ
๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง๐ 
๐›๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง ๐š๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง
๐†๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ก
๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ
๐–๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฒ
๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ข๐ง
๐Œ๐š๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ž๐
๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž, ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž
๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐ž๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง
๐๐š๐๐๐ฒ'๐ฌ ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ
๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐จ๐ง ๐›๐š๐›๐ฒ
๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž
๐ข๐ง๐ฏ๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐ 

๐›๐จ๐ฒ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ

928 8 1
ุจูˆุงุณุทุฉ lauvergirl

July 10th, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

Waves rushed against my thighs as my feet had dangled in the cold North Carolina water. The beach had been to myself while the sun started to rise above the horizon, peering down on me while I sat on the board. Relaxing my body and tried to feel like one with the ocean beneath me. My hair crusted with sea salt from waves crashing against my petite body much earlier. Seagulls squawked and hissed at another before crashing into the ocean to find fresh food to eat for their first meal of the day. My feet began to prune from the salt water soaking into my skin but it brought more strength when I rode the waves.

The darkened bruise formed against my arm and face from the mysterious man two days ago that had attacked my friends and I.  The anxiety ran out of my body once I spent a full day at home with Rafe beside me. The night of the day that the man had attacked us, Sarah and Kiara had shown up to check up on me after Rafe went back to his house after I notified him that Sarah was coming to see me. Kiara and Sarah spent the night with me to make me feel more at ease, but nonetheless feel comfortable in my new home. It made me feel more relaxed to be around the two girls that made me happy. My best friends. Sarah had braided my hair while Kiara and I shared a pint of brownie ice cream with another with our eyes focused on an old ninety's movie that starred Paul Walker in it. Sarah and I gushed over how cute he was, which he had reminded me of her own brother. Charming, gentle, sweet, and an asshole when he needed to be. It guilted me to be around Sarah without telling her about her brother and I. It guilted me to be sneaking around and being secretive to my friends and her in general. It pained me because I wanted my friends to know all the aspects of my life.

However, an hour before Kiara and Sarah had shown up — Rafe ate dinner with my family for the first time. He and my father drank a small glass of scotch with another, discussing their lives as businessmen until Rafe asked for my father's blessing in having me as his. My father had not only felt honored but felt happy that he came to him, wanting his approval for his own daughter to date a young gentleman. My father was giddy in that moment to finally pass over his baby girl to someone and know that she would be taken care of while dating. They discussed the issues that Rafe had gone through with his own father which made my father feel hopeless, but that didn't stop my father from wanting to help him out whenever Rafe needed which made him feel useful.

The next day had came around when Rafe had picked me up to go shopping for our midsummer outfit that fit with the theme — Flower themed. An odd theme for my first midsummer, but I had know what would fit beautifully with the theme. I had picked out a beautiful and elegant blue asymmetrical ruffle maxi dress that fit my curves in the directions that I had wanted it to fit. I had tried on multiple dresses in a fancy shop that was located on the upper side of our town. Where most Kook's had shopped for their attire when it came to business or formal occasions. I twirled around in multiple dresses for Rafe, allowing him to rate the dress before he saw the blue dress on me. His eyes had widened when the blue dress was on, cupping me in the right areas but also was elegant and beautifully made. The back of the dress was cut out down to the lower spine as it looked risqué but elegantly done. He had chosen a suit to match the same blue color. He looked handsome when he had tried on the outfit to match my dress.

He was able to take any pain or anxiousness out of my system whenever he was around me. He had a smile and confidence that made me feel safe in his presence.

Blanking out of my thoughts, a wave pushed under my board while I dangled my feet in the water and day dreamt about the midsummer event that would happen later on in the evening. I laid down on the board with my arms in the water, my feet at the bottom of the surf board. I started paddling against the current towards a large wave that stared to form. I moved my sore arm against the current in order to get ahead to ride the wave. As I pushed myself up on the board, my body collapsed from the pain that had formed in my sore arm. I hit the board, smacking my chin against the hard board and falling into the water. I saw darkness form around me before I kicked my legs to push myself up to the surface. My board was attached to my leg from the small cord that was built into the board. I pushed my hands onto the board, pulling myself back up and wiped my face from the excess salt water. I ran my fingers through my hair and shook my head as I had been in crucial pain that wasn't healing. The bruises on my face hadn't been bad, in fact, was nonetheless comfortable. I had given up on wanting to ride a wave today which left me to start paddling back into shore. I coughed up some of the salt water that pushed down into my nostrils when I fell into the water.

The sun shine hit against my tan skin while I paddled into shore. I watched the beach around me to see some people show up, kicking into my fight or flight mode that the man who attacked my friends and I would show up. Once I reached the shore, I grasped against the edge of the board and picked it up in my opposite arm. I held the board against my body while walking against the white sand. People had brought their dogs on the beach for a morning walk. A family brought their two young toddlers alongside their large dog. They were playing in the sand, waddling against the soft surface with their feet digging into it. The mother had thrown the ball for the dog meanwhile the father had been tickling and messing with his two children. He ran after them and picked them up in a playful mannerism, making them giggle loudly. I smiled to myself as I watched the family become one. It made me wonder about how many kids I would want one day. What my future wedding would look like, what I would be doing after I graduate college. What husband would I get? It made me smile for the near future that was ahead of me now that I was officially an adult.

I walked myself to the area where I had left my belongings. I sat my board down and picked up the towel that was pushed into a small bag that I brought from home. I wrapped the towel around my body, wiping the remaining droplets off of my body before drying my hair off. The toddlers that belonged to the family ran across the white sand and erupted into giggles. Wiping my body down, then slid up a pair of mom overalls that my mother had worn when she was pregnant with me. I brushed my hair out with the detangle brush, allowing my long hair to lay against my back. I pushed my feet into a pair of brown slip on sandals then picked the small bag that my keys, wallet, and phone had sat in. I pushed it up against my damp shoulders. I bent over and picked the board up then placed it against my hip while my arm held up around it. My feet shuffled against the white sand up till I reached the small steps that led up to the parking lot. The sound of waves crashing against the sand filled my ears with comfort from the noise. I pushed my surfboard in the back of my Branco that had the roof taken off. I grasped the keys from my bag and headed to the drivers side of the car.

I pushed the keys into the ignition and pulled out of the parking lot that belonged to the state. I started driving the five minute drive back towards my house that I could have walked if I wanted. The warm breeze blew throughout my salty wet hair while calming music played from the stereo of the old car. I laid my arm against the top of the door while the windows were rolled down due to the top being off. I tapped my fingers against the steering wheel to the beat of the music and thought about what I needed to do before I got ready for midsummers. Passing by other cars that belonged to Kooks that we're preparing themselves for the night. The green willow trees blew throughout the air, swaying with one another in sync from the breeze. Smells of fresh citrus passed me from the small shops that were near my home.

Heading to the large gate that surrounded my home, I typed in the code and headed inside once the gate opened when the guards verified it. I had pressed on the gas much less while heading throughout the neighborhood. Many houses were near mine when driving past them, but my home alongside the Cameron's had been secluded. I passed by the large homes of neighbors that were open and welcoming. I waved a hand at a young family that moved in after us. They waved back with a large smile against their faces. I slowed down the gas and pulled into the driveway, breaking gently on the break. The Cameron's garage was open while Rafe worked out in the driveway with his large weights he had used to gain the amount of muscle he had. I smiled to myself while I pulled the keys out of the ignition, pushing them into the small bag I used. I pushed the bag up against my shoulder and jumped out of the Branco with the semi-wet hair against my back. The breeze brushed against my tan skin while I headed to the back of my car, grabbing the board out of the back in order to put in my bedroom.

I stared at the handsome male that had pushed the weight up away from his chest, flexing his muscles. I sat my surfboard against the house and started to walk towards his house where he was working out at. I tucked the wet hair behind my ear, shuffling my feet against the concrete while I felt a sense of happiness form in me when I had seen him. He grunted as he lifted the weight against his chest and pushed upward to create a push up movement. "Look at you being all athletic." I called out loud and laid my hand against my hip. He pushed the weight up on the bench press and turned around to look at who had been speaking to him. An automatic smile formed against his face when he saw the sight of me standing in front of him. "And let me guess, you went surfing this morning after I told you not to go anywhere by yourself." He spoke and wiped the forehead sweat away with the backside of his hand. I smiled at him, looking up while he stared to tower over me with the smile against his own face. I nodded my head. "I went out early and there were families on the beach already." I told him and laid my hand against his chest when he came much closer to me. His hand grasped onto the large bruise on my arm, then traced it up to the bruises on my cheeks. "Don't do that again." He spoke and looked down at me with sincerity in his blue eyes. I glanced down at his hand to see a large burn mark against his wrist. I narrowed my eyebrows at him in confusion.

What would that burn be from?

"What happened here?" I asked him and looked back up towards him in curiosity. He shrugged and shook his head at me in response. "Nothing, I was messing around with my dirt bike and I had burnt myself on the exhaust." He explained and looked down at me again. I narrowed my eyebrows at him in confusion. "My poor baby." I told him and stood up on my toes to kiss the tall boy that hovered over me. His lips connected with mine as he kissed against mine. Our bodies pressed against another until we heard the garage door slam. I pulled myself away from him in a rush to see Ward standing with his hands in his pockets. His eyes widened at the sight of his son and I standing so close to another. Rafe had turned around to face his father, me beside him with an embarrassed expression forming on my face. "Sorry if I interrupted something." Ward spoke and smiled at me when he noticed who had been standing beside his eldest. I smiled at him and lifted my hand in a waving position. "Hey Isla! Ready for midsummers tonight?" He asked and tilted his head at me while he stared at us with his hands in his pockets. I nodded my head.

A sense of nervousness and unease flooded into my body when I looked at him. Something had seemed odd about him in a way that I hadn't noticed until now. "I'm more than excited." I told him and smiled at him again. He nodded his head and looked at his son. "Is it poor of me to assume that you guys have a thing going on?" He asked and laughed while he leaned against the weights that Rafe had been using. His son shook his head and looked down at me while I looked directly at his father. "We're together." He spoke and looked at his father in annoyance by his presence. "We're announcing it tonight by going with another." He explained and pushed his hands into the pockets of his workout shorts to hid the burn on his wrist. Ward smiled at us and nodded his head in happiness. "Welcome to the family, Isla." He spoke and walked towards us, hugging me in his arms. I faced Rafe while I had hugged his father back, widening my eyes. "Thank you, Ward. I'm looking forward to being apart of the family and being around you guys." I told him while he had unwrapped his arms away from me. He smiled widely that seemed to be welcoming and loving once he found out what had been going on between Rafe and I. "Good job son!" He told Rafe and shook his hand in a loving mannerism that wasn't too overpowering. Rafe nodded his head at his father in response.

"Well, I came out here to inform you that Rose was making breakfast. Isla, you're more than welcome to join us." He spoke to Rafe and then turned to me to invite me. I smiled at him while pushing my hands into the pockets of the large overalls that my mother gave to me. "That is very sweet, but my mother was expecting me for breakfast so thank you. I just got done with surfing." I told him and smiled once again to show my friendliness. He nodded his head and smacked his son on his shoulder playfully. He had turned himself around and started to walk towards the inside of the house. "See you later Isla! Tell your father and mother I said hello." He spoke and pushed the door inward, walking back into his house. I looked at Rafe in confusion as he stood in annoyance. "What was that?" I asked him and laughed at the situation that happened between us and his father. Rafe shrugged his shoulders again and formed a smile against his tan face. "Him being awkward per usual." He spoke and turned towards me, leaning his arm against my shoulder. I smiled at him with my green eyes staring into his. "I better go get inside. I feel a little nauseous." I told him and ran my hand against his shoulder. He nodded his head, bending down to kiss the top of my head before caressing my face in his large hands. "Better not be pregnant." He joked as I pushed him jokingly.

I shook my head at him although the thought had been in the back of my head. I didn't start my cycle that I was supposed to start two days ago when I checked the calendar, which was the day after Rafe and I had slept with another. It didn't bother me because I had been late before on multiple occasions and I just assumed that was the issue. "JJ made that joke that I would get knocked up by you." I laughed at him and looked at the attractive boy. He shook his head at me and laughed lightly. "I wouldn't mind it either, especially if you're the father." I told him and shrugged as I started to walk away from him in the direction of my home. He rolled his eyes and laughed once again. "I'll see you later handsome." I told him and smiled at him, turning my back from him. "Wouldn't be a bad idea." He shouted back as he had went back to working out. I shook my head and walked back into my driveway, picking up my surfboard that had been drying from the excess water and wax. I picked it up in my arms and headed towards the door that led into the kitchen. My mother had been in the kitchen while my father sat at the table, reading his newspaper.

"Good morning my surfer girl." My moms soft voice spoke while she had flipped crepes on the large pan she used. I smiled at her while bringing the large surfboard into the house. I sat the board against the white wall and sat my bag down in a chair that would be unused. "Good morning." I told her and headed into the kitchen, grabbing a glass from the top cupboard. "How was the surf?" My father asked while flipping a page in his newspaper. "Good, i smacked my chin against my board but otherwise the waves were good today." I told him and grasped ahold of the apple juice that sat on the counter. I poured myself a glass and placed it up to my lips, covering my tongue with the fruit drink that made me feel like a child again. My dad laughed lightly at the thought of me smacking my chin against the board. "That sounds like something only you would do." He spoke and stared at his newspaper. I laughed and shook my head at him. "You're mean." I told him.

My mother had sat the large crepe on a huge plate that was warmed. She sat multiple on top of another before she turned to look at me with the overalls she gave me. "My baby girl in my overalls. Makes my heart so happy." She spoke and put her hand against her heart. My mom looked at me with love forming in her eyes. "They make a good suit cover up." I told her and laughed gently while grasping the cup in my hand with gentleness. "So, are you going with Rafe to midsummers?" My father asked while I took the cup and sat it down on the table beside him. Jack and Indie sat at my feet, Jack with his head on my lap with his puppy dog eyes staring at me as he begged for something off of the table. "We are." I told him and petted Jack against his soft hair. I smiled when I looked up towards my father who seemed especially happy. "We got to take that boy out surfing." He spoke and raised his white mug full of hot coffee up to his mouth. I nodded my head at him in response. My mother sat food in front of me. Crepes covered with Nutella and fresh fruit, sprinkled with powdered sugar.

"Thank you mommy." I told her as she kissed the top of my head and walked back to where she had been before. Lifting the small fork, I pressed it against the crepes and cut the thin breakfast in smaller pieces. "Speaking of surfing, have you seen JJ in a while?" My father asked and flipped another page in his newspaper. His green eyes looked up from the small printed writing while he made a concerned look form on his eyes. I nodded my head and lifted a piece of the food up to my mouth. "I have. He isn't taking the whole dating thing very well." I explained and chewed the food in my mouth, swallowing it as my father furrowed his eyebrows. "Because he's in love with you wether you like it or not." My mother spoke and frowned slightly at the thought of JJ being hurt. It hurt me to think about but I was happy being with Rafe now that we started dating. Was it spontaneous? Absolutely. It just seemed right in the moment and that's what we wanted in that moment. I wouldn't take the moment back either.

My father nodded his head at my moms comment and stared at me with gentleness in his eyes. "He told me he would support it. He'll get over it." I responded and picked at the food with my fork. Thinking about JJ, wondering how he would feel seeing Rafe and I with another later tonight while he had to work. I wondered if he would be upset or happy for me. It made me hurt to think of him in pain, but being with Rafe was one of the best decisions I ended up making even though we didn't know another well. JJ and I could be together in the future, or even in a different life. "I like Rafe, but make sure you're keeping your relationship with JJ, sweetheart." He reminded me and sat his newspaper down against the wooden table. I nodded my head again and kept eating my breakfast, trying to avoid talking about JJ anymore. Nausea filled throughout my body while I swallowed the food that my mother had made from scratch. I finished my plate, washing it off in the sink and then head into my room with my surfboard. I sat my surfboard against the corner wall and walked into the bathroom, flicking on the lights. I stared at myself in the overalls that sat against my body in bagginess. My hair tangled from the salt water that I swam in for another hour before I headed home.

I unbuckled the straps of the overalls, dropping them down to my ankles to reveal my swim suit. I pushed the overalls off to the side and took off the blue swimsuit I had chosen. I turned towards the shower and turned the water onto the warm setting to relax my body from soreness. I shut the bathroom door and locked it, stepping into the shower and allowing the warm water to run down my body. Sunshine came down from the large window above my shower while I washed my hair in-depth with the tips of my finger nails.

Fifteen minutes passed.

I finished my skincare and put clothes on my petite body. I had time to pass because midsummers wasn't until five o'clock later tonight which gave me more time to relax and process what I needed to get done before then. I had laid sprawled against my bed, watching television while my hair had air dried. My eyes glanced around my room until I saw the photos of JJ and I on the wall. Hanging up beside another. I smiled to myself, remembering the times that we would wrestle for fun and play games with another to make each other laugh more than we should have.

I turned myself over on my side, my comforter laying against my body while I tried to fight the same nausea from earlier. I couldn't help but to think about JJ and how much he has done for me. He was there for me when no one else was but I didn't feel like we were supposed to be with another at the end of the day. As much as I was jealous that night I had sex with Rafe, I realized that Rafe could give me more than what JJ could emotionally and physically. JJ may have been loving, open minded, free spirited and genuine, I couldn't see myself betraying the pogue code that forbid us from being with another. For now, I knew that I wanted to be with Rafe in the near future and see where life takes us.

My phone buzzed against the white sheets of my bed. My fingers grasped for the phone, picking it up and staring at the bright screen. JJ had sent me a text message alongside Sarah. I bit the inside of my cheek, opening up the phone to see JJ's message first. He texted me a small message that stated,"Hey Iz, I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out with us after midsummers?" I narrowed my eyebrows and rubbed one of my eyelids with my finger tips. I didn't know what to say because I didn't have plans afterwards but I didn't want to leave Rafe if he wanted to be around me. "Hey J, I'll see at midsummers how I'm feeling." I texted him and clicked out of the messages. Sarah's message popped up on my phone again while I rolled over on my side again, staring at my phone. "Hey Iz! Do you want to get ready with Kiara and I for midsummers?" She texted. I smiled at the phone and played with the necklace that JJ gifted me on my birthday. I moved my thumbs against the phone keyboard in order to respond to Sarah. "Absolutely! Do you want me to come over?" I texted back and laid the phone against my chest, staring back at the television that hung up against the wall.

My fingers twirled around the necklace that JJ bought me. My phone buzzed again from Sarah, causing me to pick it up off my chest and stare at the message. She texted back,"Yes please! Come over in like thirty minutes. Kiara is grabbing some drinks from the Café and then she'll be here." I smiled and nodded at my phone, replying to her in my mind. I sat my phone down on the bedside table and stared at the television again. I leaned my head against the head board while the screen flashed against my tan skin. From outside, my little sister had been running around with the dogs to get their energy out for the day. Hearing her contagious laughter erupt from outside of my bedroom, smiling at the view of her running past my window while our dogs trialed behind her.

Living in OuterBanks always seemed like a dream to me. The summers of running around, no curfews. Sitting around a bonfire with friends while roasting marshmallows. Partying on the small beaches with other kids. Riding bikes to the places that we wanted to get to. Getting on John B's boat and drinking with each other. Surfing at the crack of dawn to when the sun sets against the horizon. These things would always be apart of how I lived and I wouldn't want it any other way. I loved running around bare foot against the grass at the chateau, playing volleyball with our group that made JJ a sore loser because he didn't know how to play correctly. We would stay out in the warm sun, our bathing suits covering our bodies while we dived against the soft long grass to hit the volleyball upwards. The string lights had shined against our skin in the darkness, the moon forming in the sun. There was nothing better than being a pogue in the summertime.

As much as I hated the Kook and Pogue action, I would always resemble myself as a Pogue because of the way that I was raised. Sitting up in my bed with my back against the headboard, I stared at the television before reaching for the remote to turn it off. My hand clicked against the button and then I sat the remote back onto the bedside time. I kicked my legs over the bed onto the rug that sat beside my bed. I stood up and headed into my closet where my dress was. My fingers grasped against my dress that hung up in the dress section of my closet. The ruffled dress had fit be perfectly and was comfortable enough to dance in. Rafe had sat there in the store for almost two hours, watching me twirl around in multiple dress until we decided on the one that was liked by both of us the most. He would smile every time I would step out of the dressing room to spin for him, his eyes bright and intrigued. He was fun to be around, constantly making me blush and form butterflies in my stomach. No guy has ever made me feel that way in my eighteen years of living. I grasped the dress down from hanging up and sat it on the edge of my bed with gentleness to avoid wrinkles. I bent over in the closet, squatting to grab a pair of white heels that matched with the dress perfectly.

I picked up the heels and sat them beside the dress. Closing my closet, I turned my back to head into the bathroom where my makeup bag had sat. I grasped against the makeup bag, carrying it in my arms before I slipped on a pair of Birkenstock sandals against my bare feet. I pushed my phone in the back pocket of the denim shorts I put on after my shower. I walked towards the dress and shoes, carrying the shoes on top of my makeup bag while my dress was held up by my hand that I held up above my head. I pushed my door open using my knee to push the small crack away from the door. I started to walk down the hallway to see Kaia and my mom making flower crowns on the kitchen table. I smiled at the sight of them doing the activity that my mother used to do with me when I was much younger. "Hey Iz!" My mom called out as she finished making a flower crown that was covered in baby's breath, daisies, and pink peonies. "Hi momma. I'm going to go get ready with Kiara and Sarah." I told her and started to walk towards the door. "That sounds lovely, dear. I'll make them a flower crown too." She spoke as she looked at Kaia wrapped a twine around the flowers to make them stick against the wire that created the crown portion. I nodded my head and opened the back door that led out into the side yard. "They will love that. Love you." I told her as she nodded, watching me walk out with my hand against the door to shut it behind me while I struggled to carry all the items needed.

The warm breeze ran across my skin, forming small goosebumps while I walked across the path that my family had taken when we ate dinner at the Cameron's house. The walk was a two minute walk just to the neighbors house. Workers of Ward had cleaned out his large boat that sat at the dock. They had cleaning supplies, scrubbing the deck with cleaner that would make the boat look shiny from a distance. I walked up the steps of the house, knocking on the door with everything in my arms. I glanced around at the beautiful architecture that was created many years ago that made the house look Victorian style. Within minutes, Sarah came to the door with a large smile against her face. She glanced at the bruise on my arm alongside my cheeks. She grabbed my shoes and makeup bag out of my arms, holding them in her arms. "Look at you!" She said and took me into a one arm hug, trying to not squish my dress. I smiled and hugged her back with my open arm. "You seem so much more better today." She mentioned as we let go of another. I walked into the house, staring at the entrance that I walked into multiple days ago. I nodded my head at her and turned around to watch her close the front door. "I am, still a little on edge but you and Kie really helped me out." I told her and smiled again in relief to be with my friends. "Anything for you, Isla. I'm going to take this upstairs for you but your drink is in the kitchen if you want to grab it. Kie got smoothies." She mentioned again and headed towards the large staircase that led up into her bedroom. I nodded my head at her, following behind her to set my dress down in her room. The floor creaked as I heard arguing come from downstairs. I had narrowed my eyebrows, hearing Rafe's voice come from downstairs in an angered tone. Sarah walked into her room and sat my stuff down on a small bench that was at the edge of her bed. Kiara had sat in her bathroom, doing her makeup while listening to Jack Johnson music which got all of us in a happy mood. "Hey kie!" I said as Sarah had taken my dress out of my hands and hung it up against a hook she used to hold purses up with. Kiara tilted her head out of the bathroom with a smile that brightened the room. "Hey Iz!" She spoke with the same large smile against her face. She was so bubbly when she wanted to be, especially when she was in a good mood. She wasn't interested in wearing dresses or going to fancy parties, but did it because she knew all of her friends would be there which was the only exception.

She went back to doing her makeup. Sarah sat down on her bed, staring at her phone while she waited for Kiara to finish her makeup. "I'm going to go grab my drink." I told Sarah and headed out of her large bedroom. I walked slowly against the staircase, hearing yelling come from my boyfriend and his father in the kitchen. I didn't want to interrupt them but I couldn't help but to eavesdrop on the situation. I stood on the last step, hearing Rafe yell at his father in a tone that I had never heard him use before. "I paid him already dad! I don't know what else you fucking want from me!" He yelled as I heard a smack of a hand from the kitchen after he said that. "Don't you dare talk to me like that young man." Ward spoke in a stern voice. My heart started to pound aggressively in my chest, nervousness filled in my body which made me want to avoid even walking into the kitchen where they had been. "You better pay him back in full because I am not doing this again." Ward spoke again and slammed something down on the bar counter that was in the kitchen. I narrowed my eyebrows in pure confusion about what they could be talking about. "Thank you, that's all I wanted dad." He spoke back to his dad in an attitude that formed from his mouth. I heard a door slam after he said that which made my body flinch at the sound of the echo. I stepped off the last step and looked in the kitchen to see Rafe counting money, pushing it into his pocket while he leaned over the counter. His face had been red from his dad hitting him against the cheek. I stared at him in disbelief and confusion.

What did he need money for and who was he trying to pay off?

I walked silently towards the counter where the smoothie sat. My feet tapped against the floor and my presence was made once Rafe turned to see me with confusion forming in his eyes. "What are you doing here?" He asked and ran his hands throughout his blonde hair. "Sarah invited me to get ready with her and Kiara." I responded and grasped the smoothie on the counter. The cold drink flooded throughout my body while I had gripped the cup in my hand. "Oh." He spoke and glanced around the kitchen, looking back at me with his eyes glazed. He didn't look like he did much earlier when I saw him. He looked angry and upset. His jaw was clenched when he turned his head away from me. "I'll talk to you later, I guess." I told him and started back towards the staircase with the drink in my hand. "Let me explain, I know you heard everything." He spoke as he walked in front of me. The scent of weed had flooded the area. I narrowed my eyebrows in disgust, thinking about all the times that JJ had smoked weed around me and the scent was awful. "I don't need your explanations my love, I need to go up to my friends before they wonder where I went." I spoke to him and stared up at the tall boy who towered over my petite body. His blue eyes had turned dull while he stared at me, not like they had been yesterday. He leaned down with his hand against my cheek. His mouth pressed onto mine, kissing me with gentleness in the moment to calm him down. He pulled away and looked at me, glazing his eyes again. "Not here." I told him as he went down to kiss me once again. His lips fitting against mine perfectly. "Yes here." He begged slightly that made me form butterflies in the pit of my stomach. I smiled and pulled away from the kiss, staring up at him. I shook my head at him. I pushed my hand against his chest and walked backwards. "Maybe later." I told him and headed up the stairs, leaving him in the foyer with his hands inside of his pockets.

The young attractive boy stared at me, watching me walk up the stairs. I smiled to myself and had replayed his kiss over and over again in my mind.

How did he have such a huge hold on me?

What was he hiding though? What was so important that he had to pay someone off?

ูˆุงุตู„ ุงู„ู‚ุฑุงุกุฉ

ุณุชุนุฌุจูƒ ุฃูŠุถุงู‹

HELIOPHILIA | Rafe Cameron ุจูˆุงุณุทุฉ lolamaybank

ู‚ุตุต ุงู„ู‡ูˆุงุฉ

169K 2.6K 40
๐™ƒ๐™€๐™‡๐™„๐™Š๐™‹๐™ƒ๐™„๐™‡๐™„๐˜ผ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ, ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐”๐...
260K 3.5K 21
When she jumped into the fight with Rafe that night, JJ knew he wasn't getting her out of his head. When he came by her house the next day, she knew...
52.2K 1.2K 51
๐…๐Ž๐Ž๐‹'๐’ ๐†๐Ž๐‹๐ƒ โ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช'๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™„'๐™ข ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™จ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š.โž โ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ, ๐™„ ๐™™๐™ค๏ฟฝ...
218K 6.4K 45
After a year away at Kitty Hawk, Cassie Maybank returns to the Outerbanks with a determination to get her life back on track. To stay healthy, to mak...