The Snake's Reflection | Tom...

By DreamySBird

"You promised me that you wouldn't leave." "Tom...I never left." ~.+*+.~ Fate is Cruel. Truly. What if the da... More

~.+!!!+.~
~.+A New Year+.~
~.+Potions+.~
~.+Healing Bruises+.~
~.+Quill+.~
~.+Together at Night+.~
~.+Hogsmeade+.~
~.+The Chamber of Secrets+.~
~.+A Shy Request+.~
~.+The Mirror of Erised+.~
~.+The Yule Ball+.~
~.+My Wish+.~
~.+First Date+.~
~.+Dancing in the Rain+.~
~.+Fractured Promise+.~
~.+Into the Light+.~
~.+Cruel Fate+.~
~.+Fading Spirit+.~
~.+Missing You+.~
~.+I'll Wait+.~
~.+Reflection+.~
~.+Lost+.~
~.+Forever And A Day+.~

~.+Dandelion+.~

2K 54 14
By DreamySBird

~.+*+.~

Impossible.

This couldn't be. His last Horcrux had been destroyed. Nagini had been killed. Tom stood still in complete shock as he felt the last piece of his soul rip apart.

The Boy Who Lived turned to face him with a determined look on his face. As much as Tom was bewildered, he raised his wand and dueled the boy for the last time.

The battle was going to be his victory. He was Voldemort. The Dark Lord. The legendary Heir of Slytherin. There was no way that he would be defeated by a little boy who just had a small scar on his forehead.

But the simple Disarming Spell inched closer and closer to him, and his Killing Curse started to fade away. The Elder Wand was not listening to him. Was killing Severus Snape not the true answer? Was the Elder Wand not truly his?

The Killing Curse started to fade away from his vision and the wand he had firmly grabbed onto, flew out of his hand and landed safely in the boy's. Tom heard whispers in his ear, and he looked down at his pale hands.

His skin was starting to disintegrate, and it started to peel off his body one by one. Tom felt like screaming. Was it in anger? Or perhaps frustration?

No.

All he had ever wanted was to bring her back. To him, immortality was the answer. But everyone thought that meant he was evil.
He wasn't as evil as they thought he was. He just wanted her to be back.

He just wanted her to be by his side, safe and sound.

Was his wish that hard to understand?

~.+*+.~

Dueling. It wasn't his favourite subject, but it definitely interested him. Watching others fight always amused him. The Professor demonstrated a few spells before scanning the students.

"Why don't we do a duel ourselves?" she suggested. "I will bring two students up and make them duel."

She then looked around he classroom. Tom raised his head in confidence. Honestly, he wouldn't mind being picked to duel; he was a skilled fighter for his age after all. But he noticed that the Professor was looking at (Y/N).

Tom slightly winced. He didn't want her to be picked. He was worried that she was going to get injured. But the Professor had already made up her mind.

"What about...Mr Mark Nakila (made up) from Hufflepuff, and hm..Ah! Miss (Y/N) (L/N) from Slytherin! Yes, what a fine match."

Tom watched as (Y/N) left his side to go stand up the dueling stage with a nervous expression on her beautiful face. He was slightly concerned, but knew that (Y/N) was capable of many things.

Perhaps he didn't need to worry too much.

The two bowed politely to each other, and then each stood at the opposite side of the stage, and prepared to fight. Tom looked at them bluntly, but his heart was pounding like crazy.

What if she got hurt? Would he have to jinx or curse the student that hurt her, or did he not have to because this was a practice duel?

"3, 2, 1, duel!"

Mark attacked first. "Expelliarmus!" he shouted, pointing his wand at (Y/N). But (Y/N) raised her wand high. "Protego!" she said calmly, and the spell bounced off her shield. Tom looked at her, interested.

"Levioso!" she said, and the spell made Mark float into the air, making him vulnerable. With a swift flick of her wand, (Y/N) let out a few basic casts, and brought Mark to his knees.

"(Y/N) has won! Well done, both of you." the Professor clapped, helping Mark get back up on his feet.

Tom smirked proudly. "That's my girl." he murmured quietly. Maybe he had overreacted a little to her being picked. He had also tutored her on some dueling, and perhaps that helped her.

Class then ended, with the bell ringing. (Y/N) returned to him with a smile on her face, making him sigh in happiness. "You did well." he said truthfully. (Y/N) beamed.

"Thanks, Tom. Why don't we duel next time?" she challenged him with a cheeky smile on her face. Tom chuckled. "And what makes you think that you can defeat me?"

(Y/N) hesitated. "To be honest, I don't know. Maybe...Luck?" she said, winking at him. Tom almost coughed, surprised by her sudden behaviour.
"I see.." he said quietly, hoping that his face wasn't unusually red.

(Y/N) grinned and reached out to pat his head, making him flinch. "I'll have to try my best then, no?" she said. (Y/N) then hopped away happily, leaving Tom standing by himself, dumbfounded.

He buried his red face in his hands, and sighed.

Oh god. He was falling for this girl. He then was now determined. He was going to fight for this girl no matter what he did.

He didn't care about death. After all, he was going to die before her. He would never let her die...right?

~.+*+.~

Tom couldn't see anything. Black, everything was pitch black. He had to open his eyes, and with all his strength, he managed to do just that.

As he did, he found himself lying on the floor, and felt no weapon or wand in his hand. But as he reached for his neck, he still felt the cold texture of the necklace on his neck, making him sigh in relief.

A wand? He could just buy another. But the necklace was just too precious to him. But that didn't matter right now. Where was he?

Tom straightened his position and looked around. As he did, his eyes widened. He was surrounded by yellow dandelions, and the gentle breeze made him comfortable.

(I know these aren't dandelions, but it was the picture I felt like matched my imagination the most!)

But then he realised. He was in his Slytherin robes. He saw a small puddle next to him, so he stood and looked at his reflection. Surprisingly, he was back in his younger body. He was the Tom Riddle (Y/N) knew.

He didn't look like the hideous monster he had been. He looked around, but only saw dandelions fill his gaze. The sky had not a single cloud in it, and it was just...blue. Endless blue.

"Tom."

As he heard a voice, Tom froze. He couldn't dare to look behind him. That voice...it was just too familiar. Too friendly. It was such a wisful voice.

Tom slowly turned his head to look behind him, nothing but shock written all over his face.
As he turned behind him, he saw a girl standing in the dandelion field, her eyes looking calm, and her hair slightly blowing in the breeze.

Tom didn't have time for questions. As he saw her, he ran towards her and gave her a tight hug, and started to sob. (Y/N) looked sad and happy at the same time. "I missed you..." she whispered.

"Where were you all this time?!" he screamed, ignoring her confession. "You promised me that you would never leave."

"Tom." (Y/N) whispered as they pulled away. "I never left."

Tom looked clueless as he stared at (Y/N) in both sadness and shock. (Y/N) smiled a warm, sad, smile.
"I always remained by your side, and waited for you to...die. As cruel as that sounds, I wanted to meet you."

Tom looked dumbfounded. (Y/N) then started to sob, tears streaming out of her pretty, innocent eyes. "I..missed you so much, Tom."

Tom grabbed (Y/N) and pulled her in for a soft kiss. The warm feeling melted Tom's cold heart, and he felt a tear drop down his glassy eye.

Oh how long had he waited for this moment. Memories overwhelmed him, but he didn't care anymore. He was with her. His love.

As they pulled away, their eyes both wet and soggy, Tom looked around.
"Where am I? This cannot be Hell, and I have killed too many people to be in Heaven." he said.

(Y/N) chuckled softly, wiping her tears. "This is a place between the two. Well, every single person doesn't find themselves in a dandelion field. They come to the place where their memory takes them."

Tom didn't understand much, but one thing was clear.

He couldn't be with her.

(Y/N) smiled sadly, and held Tom's hands gently. "I know. Fate is cruel, right Tommy?" she teased him with a rather weak voice. Tom lowered his head and felt more tears run down his eyes.
(Y/N) brought a hand to his face and wiped the tears gently.

"I just...I just wanted to bring you back." Tom confided, looking at her in her eyes. (Y/N) nodded.
"I know.." she admitted. "And I know that you can't come with me." Tom sighed and held her hands tightly.

"I'm sorry, my love." he croaked out. (Y/N) nodded, and smiled forgivingly.

"Close your eyes, Tom." she said softly. "And please, promise me that you'll recognize me when time allows you to."

"Urm...Of course." Tom was puzzled by her sudden promise, but he obeyed and close his eyes, holding her hands. (Y/N) watched as the flowers surrounding them started to go ablaze.

Yes, she had chosen her path.

Lovers stayed together, no matter what situation they were in. (Y/N) sighed and closed her eyes as the fire engulfed the two of them.

Perhaps...It wasn't exactly over.

After all, everyone gets a second chance, no?

~.+*+.~

(A/N)
Hello, everybody! I am both happy and sad to inform you that there is only one last chapter left to this Fanfiction. 😭 I never knew my Fanfiction would be loved by so many people!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I will meet you again for the last time in the last chapter!

I love you all! Have a nice day/night!💞🤭🤗💗🥰😍

2023/5/16

1676 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 266K 99
Join hogwarts for a mission to change the fate of Lord Voldemort, when he was still the mysterious, two-faced Tom Riddle as you travel back in time i...
Dark By Alysha

Fanfiction

1M 34.8K 45
Don't read please. Thank you. Chaos and war had befallen the Wizarding World and there was little to no hope of saving it when Harry found himself ba...
2.7K 43 12
"You know Potter, there's a very fine line between perfection and illusion, people just can't notice it unless they look close enough." -Alexandra Ri...
19K 833 77
As orphans, you and Tom Riddle have more in common than having no parental figures in your lives. One day, it turns out that you, too, can use magic...