𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭...

By Cooliocookie1

Wanda Maximoff did not become an Avenger. She was assigned to the life of being a shield agent. Unfortunately... More

TOC Seasons and Episodes
2. Puzzle Pieces
3. Guns and Ships
4. Newsflash
5. Cal
6. Distress Calls
7. Attack on the Carrier
8. Settling
9. Joey
10. We Need Help
11. Alien Threats
12. Proof
13. The Monolith's Castle
14. Helping
15. A Man in Trouble
16. Stories

1. Welcome to SHIELD

178 7 16
By Cooliocookie1

Pietro was dead.

But so was his killer. Wanda made sure of that.

She remembered the feeling of her red magic going inside of the robot, digging out it's metal heart and crushing it to pieces. There was no life left in him, Wanda made sure of that.

Then she remembered being taken by the Vision, brought back up to the helicarrier and set down. That didn't lead to anything good though, for all she saw was the bloodied remains of her brother. She remembered sobbing for hours upon hours, the only emotion filling her head was grief.

But apparently that wasn't good enough for the Avengers.

Nick Fury pulled her aside specifically, ordering her to man up in order to take her spot on the team. Then there was the outburst.

"I don't want to be on your god pathetic team of killers!" Wanda shouted angrily.

"Well you're no better than any one of them and you either join this team or my men will be assigned to track you down and kill you. You are a threat, Maximoff, and if you don't recognize what we have to do then we have no use for you." Fury replied sharply.

"I'd rather be dead than be with the likes of you." Wanda snapped back.

However, Natasha turned out to be in the room when it happened, and she didn't like the idea of Wanda dying.

"Fury, relax. Agent Maximoff has gone through a lot. Her country was destroyed, she deserves a break." Natasha said, and somehow her words seemed to calm Fury.

"Fine. But she can't leave. Not yet anyways."

"How about Coulson's team." Natasha suggested.

Fury gave her a look of warning, but he thought it over.

Now Wanda was sitting in a private jet for shield, being shipped to a new team. One that was more private than the Avengers, but one where Fury could still keep an eye on her.

.

After a good few hours of flight in nothing but empty silence, her mind being the only thing keeping her company, the jet landed. The small window that stood next to her revealed where they were, a giant ship in the middle of the ocean.

Wonderful.

"Agent Coulson is on board, he is waiting for you below." The pilot directed.

Wanda said nothing.

She picked up the small coat that she found, quickly sliding it on. It was a dark red that complimented her black skirt and tank top. It also kept her warm in the cold night air.

The area around was pitch black, but thankfully there were lights in the ship that displayed where Wanda could enter inside of the ship.

The back of the jet opened and Wanda walked out, seeing many more small jets parked on the top of the ship. She made her way towards the entrance of the ship, shivering slightly.

She found a staircase leading down, and she quickly moved that way, immediately feeling warmer when she was inside.

Almost as soon as she was inside, she heard a loud buzzing, like the sound of an alarm going off.

At first she assumed it was her own fault, accidentally triggering something. Then she realized it was something far worse.

A blue cloud of energy formed in front of her, revealing two figures. One was a human looking boy with no eyes, and the other was a smaller woman with spikes coming out of her skin in all angles. Her yellow eyes were the part that caught Wanda off guard, however.

Stunned, Wanda didn't think to do anything and before she could say anything, the blue energy wrapped around the two again, causing them to disappear.

The alarm continued.

A few moments following, a man wearing a blue and black striped tie swirved around the corner, making his way up to Wanda.

"Agent Maximoff, I'm Director Coulson. I'm gonna need you to come with me, we are under a bit of a situation right now." He said, turning back around to leave no time for questions.

He led Wanda to a main control room on the ship, where multiple agents were located and an older man stood. Two other women agents stood in the room, arms crossed, looking mean.

"What's going on?" Wanda asked, her accent thick causing her words to slur together.

"Who's this?" The blonde woman agent asked.

"Two invaders on the ship. One's a teleporter. They're here for the cargo below." Coulson said, not giving any other information.

"We should've destroyed it when we had the chance." The older man said.

"You know we couldn't risk it." The blonde agent said.

"Who are you?" Wanda asked the blonde, moving up towards Coulson, but deciding it was best to stand back a few feet.

"Bobbi Morse. Who are you?" She replied.

"Wanda Maximoff."

"So, this is alien?" The other female agent, this time a brunette, cut in, referring to the cargo.

Wanda glanced up, looking at two large screens. One held a picture, showing the two people she saw before, with the non human features, only they were inside of a bland colored room. In the center of the room was a large stone like object, incased in glass. The second screen was a bunch of information on the screen about the woman with spikes on her skin.

"It was recovered from a dig site nearly 100 years ago." The older man continued.

"It's energy signatures are unlike anything we've seen before." Another woman, one who was standing next to the old man, said.

"And does anyone have any idea what alien world it came from, or what it even does?" A man asked. He was sitting at a computer behind Wanda, scribbling on some piece of paper. He had a bit of a accent, but definitely not as thick as Wanda's Sokovian accent. It wasn't an accent she could identify at that moment.

Bobbi turned her head, giving him a look that only made him realize he wasn't getting an answer.

"Well, this new SHIELD brain trust seems to be working out brilliantly." The man mumbled.

"Anything about it in Fury's Toolbox?" The older man asked Coulson.

"Just that HYDRA was looking for it." Coulson replied.

Wanda glanced towards him. She didn't remember HYDRA mentioning anything about a magic space stone, but then again she was only an experiment.

"Well, now we have a new interested party." Bobbi replied.

"Question is, why?" The old guy sighed.

"I'll go ask Skye. Maximoff, May, with me." Coulson decided, gesturing for the two to follow him.

Wanda and the brunette female turned and walked behind him quickly.

May, assumingly, gave a skeptical look at Wanda as they walked, but neither of the women said anything to each other as Coulson led them down the hall.

"I have no idea-"

Coulson had pulled Skye out of a hospital wing room and into an office type room. When he asked her about it, that was her reply.

"Seriously, I have never heard anything like that before, and neither has Lincoln." Skye explained.

"And you believe him?" Coulson asked.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"You barely know him."

"I know enough."

Wanda allowed her eyes to give a faint red glow as she attempted to look into Skye's mind. She couldn't see much beyond the fact that the girl was telling the truth, a lot of her mind was clouded with something else that Wanda couldn't poke past in a few seconds.

Skye seemed to notice, and she turned towards Wanda with a confused look.

"Who are you?"

"Agent Maximoff. New recruit." Wanda introduced herself, her red eyes returning to normal.

"Why is she in here?" Skye turned to Coulson.

"She's new here. Fury tasked me to keep an eye on her."

"And the glowing eyes bit? Is she inhuman, like me?"

"Inhuman? Is that what you call yourself?" Coulson asked.

"It's what we call ourselves." Skye corrected him."

"No. I'm not inhuman." Wanda answered.

"So what's with the-"

"You're getting off track." Coulson cut her off.

"Look, we just want to be left alone. I don't know anything about this rock." Skye said, turning her attention back to Coulson.

"We?" He asked in response.

"If they want to be left alone, why infiltrate a military vessel?" May asked, stepping forward for the first time.

"You're assuming that this thing is a weapon. Well, it's in SHIELD's possession. Maybe they're just afraid of it, afraid of what Gonzales might do with it."

Wanda figured Gonzales was the old guy in the other room.

"We're not the enemy here." Coulson said, his voice calm.

"This man teleported on board, Skye. He's clearly very dangerous." May added, her voice not calm.

"Well the same could be said about you, May." Skye stated. "I heard about what happened to that little girl in Bahrain. Jiaying told me the whole story. Did you know that she was inhuman?"

At first, May's thoughts seemed to be the quietest in the room, but when Skye mentioned word Bahrain, images flashed through May's mind. Wanda couldn't turn her own mind away, it was like a cry of help that couldn't be put into physical words.

Regret and guilt flooded May's mind, along with the images of what happened.

Images of a young girl and a mountain of soldiers, all bloody and knocked out, thanks to Agent May. The only dead person in the images was the young girl.

"So you, of all people, should understand why they'd want to keep their location a secret." Skye finished. "What they're so afraid of."

After a long moment of silence, Coulson sighed.

"Go back to Lincoln. May, contact Gonzalez, tell him we have nothing." He directed.

The two girls nodded, Skye exiting while May went around Coulson's desk in the room and began clicking at his computer.

Wanda stood aside awkwardly, unsure of what to do. She just got here and she already felt much more overwhelmed then what had happened with Ultron.

"If you're not inhuman, what are you?" Coulson asked, turning to look at Wanda.

"Excuse me?"

"You're not inhuman, not like Skye." He added.

"No. No I'm not. My powers came from a glowing orb in a scepter. I was an experiment, not something done by nature." Wanda replied.

Coulson nodded.

"They know the inhuman's location. Apparently Gonzalez tracked it when the teleporter left the cargo hold." May spoke.

"What?" Coulson asked, moving over to May.

"They're on their way here now."

May moved aside, allowing Coulson access to the computer. He clicked a few buttons and the wall in front of Wanda lit up in colors. With a few more clicks, the white screen formed into a map. A few more clicks and the map scrolled to what seemed to be a mountain range side that the screen narrowed in on.

The door to the room opened and in walked Gonzalez, his female assistant, Bobbi, and one other agent Wanda didn't recognize.

"Good, you put in the coordinates." Gonzalez said. "What's our plan of attack?"

"Who said anything about an attack?" Coulson asked.

"These people are a threat." Gonzalez retorted.

"We don't know that." Bobbi spoke back.

"We don't know anything about them." Gonzalez continued.

"Except for the fact that they found our base and our aircraft carrier." His female assistant added.

"They could teleport into this room right now and leave a bomb behind." The other agent said.

"We've seen what Skye's capable of. Lincoln could short out our entire system." The female agent agreed.

"I understand your concerns, but the last this we need is to start a war. We just finished one, for God's sake." Coulson argued.

"Action needs to be taken, Phil." Gonzalez said strictly.

"Which is why I'm proposing a sit-down with their leader, this woman Jiaying. We'll call it a fact finding mission." Coulson offered.

"They'd need to agree to that first." The assistant pointed out.

"We could use Skye as a liaison. She is a SHIELD agent." Bobbi suggested.

"Is that still true?" Gonzalez asked.

"Of course it is." Coulson stated.

The two men stared at each other before May spoke up.

"Now's a good time to find out where Skye really stands."

Wanda was still incredibly confused with this whole situation, but from what she could tell, Skye was the gateway between SHIELD and these Inhumans. That's all she really needed to know at this point.

And that apparently she was just jumping from one fight to the next, cause this was no better than the Avengers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

423K 15.1K 67
Grant Ward, double agent and evil Hydra mastermind. But what would've happened if he had someone to keep him sane? This is the story of Samantha Slat...
4.8K 96 25
{Completed} "You really want to do this now?" She asks. "Fine." She sat back down and turned off the cameras in the cell. He smirked. "Can I ask you...
12.9K 183 18
{Completed and under major editing} "You think I had a part in that? That I would let that happen to you? You know how I feel about you, Taylor." He...
135K 2K 58
Y/N Maximoff, the younger sibling of the Maximoff twins , Wanda and Pietro , was traumatised,tortured, experimented by hydra. The avengers found her...