The Snake's Reflection | Tom...

By DreamySBird

"You promised me that you wouldn't leave." "Tom...I never left." ~.+*+.~ Fate is Cruel. Truly. What if the da... More

~.+!!!+.~
~.+A New Year+.~
~.+Potions+.~
~.+Healing Bruises+.~
~.+Quill+.~
~.+Together at Night+.~
~.+Hogsmeade+.~
~.+The Chamber of Secrets+.~
~.+A Shy Request+.~
~.+The Mirror of Erised+.~
~.+The Yule Ball+.~
~.+My Wish+.~
~.+First Date+.~
~.+Dancing in the Rain+.~
~.+Fractured Promise+.~
~.+Into the Light+.~
~.+Cruel Fate+.~
~.+Fading Spirit+.~
~.+Missing You+.~
~.+I'll Wait+.~
~.+Lost+.~
~.+Dandelion+.~
~.+Forever And A Day+.~

~.+Reflection+.~

1.8K 49 3
By DreamySBird

~.+*+.~

Moonlight hit the surface of the Great Lake as the two lovers sat beside each other. Tom sighed softly as (Y/N) rested her head on his shoulder, and he rested his head on hers.

"What a beautiful night, Tom." (Y/N) murmured dreamily as they sat down together next to the Great Lake in each other's arms. Tom nodded, and put an arm around her shoulders.

"It is." he replied, gazing into the stars in wonder. But as he looked down at (Y/N)'s expression, he noticed that she looked slightly concerned.
"What's the matter, love?"

(Y/N) looked into his eyes. "Are you sure that we're allowed to stay out this late? What if we get caught by the teachers?" Tom scoffed, and kissed her forehead.

"Don't worry. I have my plans." he purred, wearing a smile of unknown meaning on his handsome face. (Y/N) smirked and cuddled next to him, making him hum.

"Tom..?"

"Yes, (Y/N)?"

"Do you...do you think we'll be able to stay together forever?" she asked him, making Tom slightly frown.
"Of course. Why? Do you doubt it?" he asked softly. (Y/N) shook her head.

"No. No, I don't." As he heard her reply, Tom smiled warmly and tightened his grip around her shoulders protectively.
"Good..." he muttered as (Y/N) lay down comfortably in his embrace.

(Y/N) then smiled cheekily and stood up, making Tom frown in confusion. She held up her wand confidently and looked at Tom.

"I bet I can do something way better than you!" She lifted her wand. "Expecto Patronum!"

As she said those words, a glowing wolf burst out of her wand and howled, before running on the surface of the lake. Tom scoffed and held up his own wand.
"Expecto Patronum."

Another wolf ran to the first one, and the two wolves howled and played with each other before disappearing. (Y/N) smirked proudly. "Mine lasted longer than yours!" she boasted, giggling happily. But Tom raised an eyebrow.

"I doubt it." he chuckled, before hugging (Y/N) from the back and pulling her back onto the ground. The two laughed as they collapsed on top of each other on the floor, and gazed at the stars lovingly.

Life was perfect for the two of them.

Well...had been.

~.+*+.~

"Lestrange." Tom said coldly, facing the black-haired witch. "Are you certain that you killed the Mudbloods?"

Bellatrix laughed, her laugh sounding very unusual and psychopathic. "Of course, my Lord. I killed and tortured them all~!"
Tom smirked in satisfaction and turned to the other Death Eaters with a snarl on his face.

"I do not understand why you lot cannot do the exact same as Lestrange. Is killing a Mudblood that hard?!"
Tom then turned his gaze to a certain Slytherin who had his head lowered.

Severus Snape. A new recruit. Tom was interested in Snape's abilities and strengths, but Severus didn't show much interest in killing Mudbloods or Muggles, which Tom despised greatly.

No Death Eater dared to reply to his words, so the room was silent. Tom sighed sharply and glared at the Death Eater who had failed to accomplish a mission he had given to him.

"Crucio." The curse hit the Death Eater and he screamed in agony. The other members stared at him; some in horror, and some just looked at him bluntly.

"How could you fail the simplest of tasks?" Tom spat bitterly. "Useless." The curse finally ended, and the Death Eater dropped onto the ground unconscious. Tom waved his hand in a shooing motion.

"Take that thing away." he hissed carelessly, ignoring the terrified faces of his followers as he walked back into the darkness with an evil smirk on his face. He then reached a hand to his neck and got out the wolf necklace he had worn for several years.

The necklace hadn't rusted in the slightest, since Tom had cleaned it with perfection every night for almost an hour as the moon shone over him.

He just wished that she was here to admire, to love, to be with him. After all, she had promised.
But promises couldn't always be kept.

And it pained him to the core.

~.+*+.~

"Just go to bed, Tom." (Y/N) whined as Tom didn't budge from his chair. "It's almost been an hour!"
But Tom refused and kept cleaning his necklace furiously.

(Y/N) rolled her (E/C) eyes and sighed. "You shouldn't make such a fuss out of a little bit of rust. Every metal object rusts eventually."

But Tom didn't move, and kept cleaning his necklace carefully, but fiercely at the same time with a determined expression on his face.
"This was your gift to me. It is precious." he said simply, before cleaning the necklace again.

(Y/N) laughed softly. "Come on, Tom. Let's sleep; I'm tired." Tom sighed and nodded, before standing up and heading to the bedroom with (Y/N).
As (Y/N) lay down on the bed, she fell asleep immediately, making Tom smile warmly.

"You are...beautiful." he muttered, before taking out the necklace from his pocket and cleaning the rust next to (Y/N) on their bed.

The necklace meant everything to him.

~.+*+.~

Yes. It was perfect. Tom sighed as he finished designing the logo for his not-so-loyal followers, and set his eagle feathered quill down on the table.

Looking at the quill made Tom trap himself in his memories, so he tried his best to use it so he could not get distracted. But he always found himself holding it firmly in his grip again and again.

Then, there was a knock on his door.
"My Lord. May I enter?" The voice belonged to Severus Snape. A person who had been friends with (Y/N) when he had been in Hogwarts.

It was...one of the reasons Tom favored him out of the others.
"Yes, you may enter." As he answered, Severus cautiously entered his room and dipped his head in respect.

"What is it, Severus?" Tom asked in a rather soft voice. Soft, but dangerous. Severus then lifted his wand and pointed it at the corridor behind them.

"Wingardium Leviosa." he uttered, and a huge mirror floated into his room and stood steadily in front of Tom. A mirror which was all too familiar to him.

The Mirror of Erised.

"Where exactly did you get this?" he asked his follower, quite intrigued by his find. Severus bit his lip, looking slightly nervous. An emotion rare to see coming from him.

"I stole it from Hogwarts. But I must bring it back before the Headmaster notices."

"Albus Dumbledore." Tom muttered coldly, earning a nod from Severus. "He has always been quite the man who has dreams opposite of mine."

Tom then waved, shooing Severus away. "I wish to be alone. And I will prepare an attack on the wizarding families involved in my goals and I will kill them. Understood?"

"May I ask, which families?"

"The Bones, The Greenelks (made up), and the Potters."
Severus flinched, but nodded his head. "Understood, my Lord."

Severus exited his room and closed the door quietly behind him. Tom hissed in disgust as he thought of the Potters.

Harry Potter.

A name that disgusted Tom to the very bottom of his heart. Perhaps it was because the the leader of the Animagi Hunters who had harmed (Y/N) years ago was named Harry.

Nevertheless, he was going to kill him tomorrow, so he didn't really care about them much.
Tom's attention then turned to the mirror, and he gazed at it dreamily. As he moved himself to stand in front of it, he saw his reflection.

And (Y/N)'s.

She was standing beside him with the locket around her neck, and a wolf patronus hovering above her. The locket he had given to her on Christmas. The locket he had now made into a Horcrux.

Tom's eyes slightly widened as he saw her smile at him softly through the mirror.

He clenched his fists in order to stop tears from falling out of his now scarlet eyes. (Y/N) wrapped a hand around his own, and grinned brightly, a smile Tom hadn't seen for several years of his dark life.

He locked his fingers around hers, and imagined he could feel her warm hand and imagined that he could breathe in her sweet scent.
It was as if he could feel her presence standing next to him.

He then turned his head away and breathed heavily in both grief and frustration. Tom then opened a drawer and pulled out a long box, and opened in carefully.

Inside was a wand. But it wasn't just any wand.

It was (Y/N)'s.

He looked at it for a few seconds, before a tear dropped onto the ground.

And another.

And another.

And another.

The Dark Lord who was known for having no emotions or mercy was crying. Crying in true sadness, not anger or bitterness.

Just....sadness.

"My Lord! Avery has come to report to you! He said he has found the location of the Potter's house!"

Tom put the wand back into the drawer and wiped his few tears, before grabbing his own wand and heading outside with a completely dull face. He had to concentrate on his goals in order to bring her back.

But even the darkest of wizards failed sometimes.

"Tom...Please. Come back to me. I'm waiting."

~.+*+.~

(A/N)
Only a few chapters left!! Thank you all for reading my FanFiction, and I'm sorry I posted late!😅
I will try to be faster, I promise!💗
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and I will give you the ending you have all waited for after 2~3 chapters!

Thank you again, and I hope you all have a wonderful day/night!💕🤗😊

2023/5/11

1655 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 500 14
❝She, the enigmatic force that has stirred my very soul, has driven me to the brink of madness. Her presence has led me astray from my lofty aspirati...
18.1K 742 29
What if the gods like Zeus, Hades interfere and give you a second chance? **** It's been nineteen years since the war. The two most horrible person i...
25.4K 521 18
A Tom Riddle x Reader fanfic: Sometimes one decision in time can change history drastically, to the point where fate changes its mind and chooses som...
1K 56 12
"It's very confusing being your friend..." Mattheo said embarrassed. "So, instead of doing something foolish I did this... " "What do you mean, 'so...