Love Blooms Now - A Hanahaki...

By AnnieLesbean

Pixlriffs. An archaeologist. A historian. Focused on the past. He doesn't care for the present or the future... More

Chapter 1 - Flowers?
Chapter 2 - I Don't Want to Die
Chapter 3 - Questions
Chapter 4 - The Enderian
Chapter 5 - Ow
Chapter 6 - A plan? Nope.
Chapter 7 - A Date?
Chapter 8 - Overthinking
Chapter 9 - Run
Chapter 10 - They Know.
Chapter 11 - Best Friend
Chapter 12 - "Careless Bard"
Chapter 13 - A plan? Maybe.
Chapter 14 - It Grows
Chapter 15 - Goblin Visit
Chapter 17 - My Sunshine

Chapter 16 - Below the Moon

268 14 23
By AnnieLesbean

EYYYYYYYYY, SOME GAY MOTHERF**KERS (Only censoring it cuz I've kept the rest of this book swear free)

Enjoy :)

----------

Water ran over his rough hair. They let out a long sigh, a fresh feeling.

Soon enough, Pix walked to grab the hand held mirror that had now been left out. For the first time in a month, the brunette trimmed up their facial hair, and hair.

"I have to look good for Oli... Okay, okay, this isn't the worst..."

"It's just a hangout. A normal hangout." Oli paced, waving his arms wildly, "I've done everything I've needed! Okay- Okay, what else!?"

The blonde's feet were soft against the sand, it shifting under his weight. A small frown sat on the bard's face.

The archaeologist flew down to the ground. He still felt in pain, and exhausted but at least they looked clean and presentable. The sun still peaked out, so close to sunset. He could see from where he was standing the beach, a blanket laid out. Oli sat on the blanket.

The bard soon noticed the other, waving to them, and gesturing for them to sit with him.

Pix could feel his face heating up as they took the seat next to Oli. So close to a sunset...

"You look nice..." Oli mumbled, quickly adding, "I mean- you always look nice, it just looks like you cleaned up a bit today.. Um, not that you aren't normally clean..."

Pix chuckled at Oli rambling, "Thanks, Oli. You... You look nice too..."

Oli paused for a moment, before leaning closer. Pix, confused, felt his face pinken even more. "I just noticed you have something on your neck..." Oli mumbled, gently placing a thumb under Pix's chin, lifting the archaeologist's head slightly to the side. "A flower... Hm, it's the same type you've been coughing up..."

Oli's voice was so soft, and calm... Not like the normally chaotic, loud, cheerful tone Oli normally held.

"More of the hanahaki...?" Oli questioned, getting a tiny, barely noticeable nod from Pix, "Are you going to be alright..?"

Oli finally leaned back, Pix's face red as he tilted it back down to look at Oli. "Y-yeah... I should be fine." Pix nodded to their own thoughts.

"Are you going to tell the person soon..? I want you to be alright." Oli asked softly.

"Yeah- yeah! I'm going to tell them- him within a day..." Pix smiled softly to the blonde.

"I'm so happy for you!" Oli pulled the taller into a comforting hug, "If things go wrong, you can always come to me for comfort. I mean, I doubt things will go wrong. Who wouldn't love you!"

Pix chuckled, Oli pulling away from the hug to just rest his head on the other's shoulder instead. "The sun is setting..."

"Yeah..."

Oli chuckled, joking, "Very romantic sunset out there."

"Haha.... Yeah..." Pink stained the brunette's face. A welcomed silence fell over the two emperors. Pinks blended with the orange, sun still peaking barely from the horizon. Stars were slightly visible at the darker of the sky.

Coughs echoed out.

Oli quickly got Pix some water, the archaeologist drinking it quickly. "T-thanks..."

"No problem! I noticed it helped when fWhip gave you water..."

Pix nodded, a small frown on his face.

"Something wrong..?" Oli questioned.

"I didn't like how fWhip had yelled at you." Pix muttered, "He should be nicer to you..."

"It's fine, Pix. I understand why he doesn't like- no, I understand why he hates me." Oli stated, "I did loot the deep dark..."

"You were just trying to survive..." Pix placed his head onto Oli's shoulder.

"You... Are you really defending me for 'stealing historical property'?" Oli chuckled.

"Reasons..."

Oh, I could forgive you for anything...

Oli giggled, "You're kinda confusing! Not in a bad way- like... it's cute!" Oli paused, his face going pink, realizing what he said.

Stars sat overhead. A full moon was held at the edge of the sky.

"Oli..."

Those shining brown eyes glanced to the other. "Hm?"

"C-can I tell you something..?"

"Of course! You can tell me anything!" A smile sat on the bard's face.

They took a few breaths... "So... T-this hanahaki thing... Well, I don't know if Shelby stated it to the whole group, but hanahaki makes the person cough up the favourite flower -or an important flower- of the person they fell in love with..."

Oli nodded slowly, "Yeah, they hadn't mentioned it. The type of flowers you've been coughing up are... Alliums?"

"I've tried being honest to you... I've kept a few things secret... And I need to say this now..." Pix mumbled, his face red, "Before I die..."

Oli tilted his head, his face illuminated by the moonlight. There was a clear light dusting of pink over the bard's cheeks.

"I... I fell in love with you, Oli... I fell in love with everything about you, without even noticing. From the small things, such as the way you smile. Or- or, that adorable 'hm' and head tilt that you always do! Your musical talent, your beautiful singing voice, your persistence... How you've always cared about me... I've never understood love- Even without that understanding, I fell in love with you..." Pix took a breath, before continuing in a slightly panicky voice, "I doubt you reciprocate these feelings- I don't expect you to... Do not feel obligated to lie to me, to say you return these feelings. I don't want this to mess up any friendship- I really hope this doesn't mess anything up... Just please... Tell me the truth..."

"Love... You love me?"

No... No, it's like that dream...

"I- I'm sorry, I'll just go... I ruined-" Pix was ready to get up, Oli placing a hand over Pix's.

"Please don't leave... You- You didn't let me continue..." Oli's face had heated up, a clear red to it, "Pix- Pix, do you really love me? This isn't a dream, right...? I love you too- Oh, god, I love you so much..."

Oli was leaned over Pix slightly, one hand on Pix's, the one behind the archaeologist a bit. "Oli... Oli, can I kiss you...?" Their voice was soft, barely noticeable.

"Yes... yes..."

The gap was closed for a short kiss...

It wasn't long, but it was as long as it needed to be. It was perfect...

"You really... You really love me back..?" Pix questioned.

"Of course! I just allowed you to kiss me! Plus, if you didn't ask, I was going to." Oli chuckled, "Pix, did I not make it at all obvious before? I accidentally called you pretty and cute. My face went pink or red around you all the time. I had literally said, 'who wouldn't love you?' Did I need to make it more obvious?"

"I think we are both just oblivious..?" Pix suggested with a small chuckle.

"Ah, good point." Oli sighed, before wrapping his arms around Pix. Oli's arms were the only try keeping him from falling forward. That along with Pix being fairly weak from dealing with that disease, the two of them flopped backwards, Oli cuddling into the other's chest.

"What are we...?" Pix quietly asked.

"Whatever you are comfortable with... We can just say friends with romantic feelings, or romantic friends. We could leave it up in the air -not defining it for now. We could also call ourselves boyfriends, or lovers, or romantic partners, or significant others..." Oli leaned up slightly to glance to Pix's face, "Whatever you are comfortable with."

"I like the sound of romantic partners..." Pix mumbled, Oli leaning back down into Pix.

"Alright. Romantic partners it is..."

The waves could be heard over the now comfortable silence. The moon was high in the sky. Stars glistened above them. Slight wind moved leaves from near trees and bushes, along with the fabric of the tent.

Out in the peaceful night, they fell asleep on the beach.

(1240 words)

This is not actually the end! There will be one more chapter wrapping everything up :)

I'm really glad you guys have been enjoying this story. I sometimes had the times that I just can't bring myself to write a certian story -which has happened a few times with this story- but I'm so glad I was able to bring myself to continue it.

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for the next chapter :]

Also, I might redo the cover art for it at some point... Probably draw an picture with Pix or Oli actually in it.

Anyways, I'm done with my ranting! Be prepared for the last chapter soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 177 11
(!!!OLD AND BEING REWRITTEN!!!) Empires S2 fic woo! Jimmy focused because yes. This will have angst, fluff and some other stuff which if I deem in ne...
14.7K 393 14
Cover created by: Kiiseki_25 on Instagram GeminiTay, the future ruler of the Grimlands had always dreamed to learn magic. But sadly all that's in the...
3.6K 174 18
A highschool Empires AU with some other people in there. Wither husbands centric because there isn't enough of them. Ships included: Wither husbands(...
29.3K 1K 90
[Cover credits to @Allium687] "Scott- Stop!" Gem said in panic. Erin smashed the window in the room and jumped onto the windowsill. I took one last l...