Normal Isn't In My Dictionary...

By MyoneG

{Book 1 & 2 of the Redfield Series} Definition of normal; Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expe... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Sixteen

98 7 0
By MyoneG

Eliza's POV

Shadow had re-chalked the gap in the circle so I was once again trapped inside this boredom trap, although I had been reading quietly for fifteen minutes I became uncomfortable for the two boys to be watching me.

"How long are you going to be standing there for?" I questioned, not looking up and reading the last sentence of the page before swiftly turning the page and looking up to them.

"However long it takes." Spike replied, "I've all the time in the world." He mocked, something bitter in his tone, Shadow looked just as bored as me.

"Well it's starting to get creepy." I smiled, suddenly something left my body and hit Spike, like an imaginary barrier, he jolted, gritting his teeth tightly, his eyes flashing red, then his head snapped towards Shadow. Who slowly turned his head noticing Spike's fierce gaze.

"Why? Just why would you do that?" Spike hissed, glaring at Shadow, I didn't know what had happened either, something that I did, well I think it was me, affected something in Spike.

"What have I done now?" Shadow sighed, boredly, Spike seemed to have his teeth gritted so tightly that he was almost breaking them. Then something left my body and hit him again, this time he let out a growl, it sounded rather sexual, my eyes widened, was Shadow doing something or was I?

"Oh, now that definitely isn't me, I don't do guys." Shadow bemused, but then Shadow's eyes flickered to mine, amused, Spike narrowed his eyes, slowly snapping his head in my direction. His head cocked to the side, before his eyes softened.

"You have got to be kidding me." Spike said in disbelief.

"Wait, that's me? I'm doing that, I mean I thought my body felt weird but I, I'm so sorry-" I paused feeling a massive build up of the same feeling, Shadow quickly looked at me. "Shit." I whispered.

"You're going to have to let it out, or it's going to backfire and hit you."Shadow sang, then looking over at a very annoyed Spike.

"How can she even be doing that? Let alone be doing it in a demon trap." Spike hissed curiously, suddenly I let out the wave and it not only hit Spike off his feet it made Shadow stumble back too. They both let out unwanted groans, both there eyes flaring red.

"Oops" I outburst apologetically, I felt much better though now, Shadow and Spike stood up they were both itching their crotches, and I covered my eyes quickly not wanting to see such a thing.

"Are you guys done?" I asked, with my eyes still covered, waiting for a response. Spike and Shadow grumbled, I took that as a yes. I slowly removed my hands from my eyes and saw them both glaring back at me, arms folded.

"You just had to be different didn't you." Shadow sighed, rolling his eyes, what so because i'm this Aphraver, I suddenly gain creepy powers from drinking people's blood.

"Not only do I have to now help you gain self control, but now Shadow has to help you not shoot waves of lust at people, that is, if it won't dissipate after his blood has past through your system, I didn't even know you could gain others abilities just by drinking their blood, or is that just you? You have to be this weird version of a vampire." Spike ranted on, I just looked at him about to fall asleep, he noticed and rolled his eyes. Then all three of us heard footsteps from down the stone path. In fact there were two pairs of footsteps.

I waited anxiously to see who would emerge, Antonia's pretty face was first and then it was in fact Tobias' unwanted presence that appeared. His eyes fell upon mine softly, as if trying to apologise again for what had happened. Then Spike clicked his tongue at Tobias's arrival.

"What the hell are you doing here?' He asked, his eyes flickered over to Antonia, as I as had something to do with it, Antonia smiled.

"He's the latest member of the Twisted Feathers" Antonia stated as if taunting him. Spike searched to see if she was lying, but his eyes landed on Tobias and his childish face. Spike sneered at him. "Aren't you proud?" She said sarcastically, but Tobias was too busy staring at me and my demon trap to notice.

"You have no idea what you have let yourself in for." Spike spat towards him, Tobias shot him a look, and then walked towards me, and stopped outside the circle contemplating whether to step in.

"I wouldn't." I sang, ignoring him completely and going back to reading another page of my magazine, my hunger was getting so strong I almost wanted to scream, I gulped trying to get some sort of replenishment from it, but nothing.

"If you don't mind we were trying to fix this mess of a newborn." Shadow cut in, his irritation aimed at the annoying prick standing in front of me.

I casually turned the page of my magazine just to annoy Tobias more, he narrowed his eyes and stepped into the circle, I growled.

"You idiot." I hissed, finally looking up to him and he smirked, as if it would be funny to be stuck in here with me, I'm sure he was pleased, the twat.

"Well, looks like you have two newborns to babysit now boys, have fun." Antonia mocked, disappearing into thin air, Spike and Shadow were furious.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" Spike growled, stepping forward his teeth bared.

"I had no other option, I've been away for a few days, and Eliza has disappeared, all of the Redfield's have lost their mind, and the sun was rising, the best place I could think of was here." Tobias retorted, Spike didn't even flinch. "You and Layla are the only people I have left, even if you don't give a fuck, I had to do something."

"So you consoled in freaking Antonia, out of all people, you better be ready for what you have just got yourself into." Spike said seriously. "You won't last a day, you should have let the sun burn you to death."

Tobias' fists clenched "Antonia saved my sister and Eliza, I figured she couldn't be that bad."

Spike cocked his head to the side and I looked up to Tobias, it was true, Antonia had saved my life, but it was only because she didn't want to lose her little Aphraver. Even Shadow looked curious.

"Antonia doesn't save people, she murders them, Eliza I can understand, she's not normal. Antonia would get something, but your sister, why would she do that? What did she get out of it?" Spike questioned, Tobias was even more stupid than I remembered him to be, but it was tricky to hold a grudge against something as smokin' as he.

No Eliza, you're pissed at him.

"I don't know, but it doesn't even matter now, she's dead." Tobias spat miserably. Spike softened his eyes, yeah he damn should, what if that was his sister.

"You're a stupid idiot, you were free, you could have done whatever you wanted, and you offered to be part of Antonia's little clan? You should have gone back to wherever you went off to in the first place." Shadow cut it, Spike nodded. I sighed at he little childish argument that they had got involved in.

"Tobias just sit down and shut up." I growled, he gritted his teeth and sat across the demon trap from me, he had obviously either seen one before or knew what it was, because he wasn't trying to get out.

I had finished the magazine and finally started to engage in this little glare fest the boys had got themselves into, I needed more girls around me.

"Why do I have to be in here? Can't we just do it another way?" I groaned, completely bored by now, and I now had nothing to distract me from my hunger. I traced my fingers in the concrete casually.

"We tried another way." Shadow stated, I sighed, my vampire was one conniving bitch.

"Urgh, I'd rather be at school right now with Mr. Trayton, and that was boring as hell." I complained, maybe not realising that I said that out loud than an inner thought. Shadow just sighed in disbelief at my comparison.

"Yeah? What did he teach?" Spike asked, chuckling also. I was glad that they were finding my torture funny.

"He was a language teacher I had him for Latin." I recalled, those were a painful three hours a week, and what did I learn in that class, absolutely jack, I mean I could say the odd word or so, wouldn't know what they meant, but I could be seventy percent sure it was Latin.

Both Spike and Shadow raised a surprised eyebrow, then actually looked astounded.

"Latin? Why do they teach you that?" Shadow questioned, his surprise showing greatly, I shrugged.

"Something to do with the students in advanced English, I don't know. I hated it all."

"So can you speak it?" Spike challenged, I smiled.

"No." I scoffed, "I mean c'mon, I don't even know who the last president was, sticking me in a class like that, what do you expect?"

"I swear no one even speaks the dead language anymore?" Shadow frowned, I shrugged.

"num poteris loqui ea?" I smirked, oh I knew that sentence, Spike and Shadow scoffed.

"nimirum" Shadow answered, now I had to act like I know what he said, I'm assuming he said yes or something.

Think Eliza think, you are not going to be beaten by these people.

"sic vos can loqui aliquantulus of mortuis lingua" Spike stated, or at least I think he stated something, I don't think he said it as a question. I had to analyse key words, as I honestly knew almost nothing.

"Feci pecunia aliquibus attentionem" I had to wing it, I didn't know anything of what he said, I just hoped what I said made sense.

"non malus" Shadow pushed out his bottom lip and nodded his head slightly, he must be impressed, I smiled. Ok, I didn't know what else to say.

"elephanti manducare donuts" I smiled awkwardly putting three words together randomly, Spike and Shadow laughed at the same time. I shrugged.

"I did alright considering I really did not like that class." I pointed out, they continued to chuckle. "I didn't like sports either, schools are evil, making you do exercise, child labour that is." I complained. Spike rolled his eyes, Tobias was awfully quiet back there, and I had almost forgotten about him.

"What did you like?" Shadow questioned, I'm sure he was expecting me to say 'lunch' but I did have subjects I enjoyed.

"I like Art, I.T, religion." I shrugged, a smile formed on their faces.

"You like art?" Spike smiled warmly, oh, so he obviously either thought I was stupid, or he actually enjoyed it too.

"Urgh. I.T, computers right? Horrible devices, so complicated and pointless." Shadow interrupted, my gaze turned towards him. "And If you ever do go back to school, you're going to absolutely suck at religion." He mused, crap, he was right I wouldn't even be able to answer the simple questions, they'd think I had developed a stutter or was some kind of satanist who replaced everything with hellish words.

"Copy and Paste, learn that and you're a genius." I winked, Shadow just looked like the phrase confused him, but I think he shook it off a some IT sentence.

Somehow I felt my stomach rumble silently, can my stomach still rumble? Does that work? I looked up to Spike for answers, who didn't look like he even noticed. Wow, that was kind of painful. Hunger hurts. My face scrunched in pain, how long were they going to leave me like this? I didn't know how it happened but I could suddenly hear this loud thumping noise, and it kind of gave me a rush, I focused and it was continuing to thump loudly. What was that? A drum?

"What's that noise?" I whispered quickly, I stood up trying to get closer, now it changed into a rushing noise, like water pumping. Then they both made noises at the same time. My eyes changed and my teeth popped out, I wanted it to be quiet, and my hunger drove me, I stared down at the circle that forbidded me to leave. An inhumane growl erupted from my chest, I wanted blood, I wanted it now.

Spike laughed "Someone's hit their first bloodlust." He mused, taunting me a snake like hiss rose again from me. My vampire and I had hit an even ground and we were working together, maybe that's what merging meant? Working as a pair, to make one with a grey area.

"Well, I don't like it." I spat back, the thumping and gushing became so loud it was driving out everything else around me. I tried to cover my ears bringing my elbows close trying to drown it out. I let out a powerful scream, that took me and the older vampires by surprise, my eyes locked on like a robot for anyway to get out, and. The noises only got more teasing.

"Let me out right now!" I ordered, my arms leaving my ears and became fists by my side, turning my knuckles white, they stayed still and I lost control I started hitting to invisible barrier as a way to get out, it only made me hungrier. I turned and Tobias was looking at me like I was rabid.

He had blood, it may not pump, but he had delicious red liquid, it wasn't human, but it would help, even if I had to drain every last drop from him, it will be mine.

Without my human thoughts interfering, I lunged at Tobias, and he went to dodge, but his powers were useless also, so he wasn't fast enough and my teeth sunk down into his shoulder and he let out a cry of agony, he felt the pain of a human. He didn't heal, more blood gushed out and into my mouth.

It wasn't satisfying, it wasn't helping my hunger. Maybe I wasn't drinking enough, but he managed to shove me away and he stood up. His eyes red also and his fangs bared angrily, his eyes darted to his shoulder and he winced at the pain he must have been feeling, blood poured down his tee and he struggled to stand.

I wasn't seeing him as Tobias anymore, he was something to drink, even if it wasn't making me feel any better, it was blood.

"Eliza, what the fuck?" He growled, I didn't change my posture, I licked my lips hungrily. I could see Spike and Shadow watching me cautiously out the corner of my eye.

I lunged at Tobias again, but he pushed me back, but I grabbed his t-shirt and sent us both crashing to the ground, we both went to get up as we both charged at each other and we crashed against the invisible barrier, Tobias was stronger though at this point, we were fighting with human strength.

He shoved me to ground and pinned my hands down to the sides, but I swung my knee up and sent a hard hit to his privates, and he grunted and topped over into the floor.

I smashed my foot into his stomach a few times, and he spat out a mouthful of blood, at the time I didn't consider the condition he could be in, all I wanted was to feed.

"Little one, you realise that in bloodlust the only thing that will help is living blood." Shadow mocked, Spike's stern gaze watched me, then his eye fell upon the beaten Tobias.

I moved my hand to Tobias' neck as he was almost unconscious, I tightened both my hands around his pressure points, his eyes widened as he let out choking sounds, it was pleasure to my ears, a malicious grin appeared on my face, but suddenly I was thrown off of him and sent smashing against the barrier, and I noticed Tobias landed opposite, his state worse than mine, I wanted to kill whatever just stopped me from killing him.

I looked up and found Spike flaring his nostrils angrily as he stood in the middle of us both, his eyes glazing over us one at a time. Then they fell on Shadow who looked amused by the turnout.

"Shadow break the circle." Spike hissed, I went to get to Tobias again but Spike roughly pushed me back down. "You stay there." He warned, his eyes showing so much emotion it was confusing.

"You chose to stop the newborn fight, you can stay there." Shadow shrugged, clearly happy about the way things were going. Spike looked enraged.

"She would have killed him, I didn't see you trying to do anything." Spike retorted, his eyes not leaving the other vampire. My eyes now looked towards Spike's neck, he was too busy arguing with Shadow to notice that I had risen from my spot, but he was quick, the moment I was a few centimetres away, he turned and eyes me carefully.

"That's it, Shadow break the fucking circle, before I kill this annoying little newborn by accident when she tries to bite me." Spike growled, Shadow's eye were trying to figure out Spike's bluff. He sighed, scuffing his foot into the chalk, rubbing away the markings. The second it was broken I wanted human blood.

I ran, heading quickly down the concrete tunnel, I was flitting well now and I wasn't even sure I knew where I was going but the vampire was fm doing most of the work, obviously the bloodlust was driving me.

I had already reached the woods and starts hearing the loud thumping again, now I was closer, I noticed the drumming noise was the beat of a heart. The town was full of teenagers going out for a night, and there were some shady characters down an alleyway. I narrowed my eyes in the distance and saw that they in fact had guns. My face twisted into a smirk, but when I went towards them, I was slammed into a tree, sending a flying crack into it, I snarled at Spike's arrival. I tried shunting him off of me, but he was way too strong.

"Let go of me." I ordered viciously, it wasn't even my voice, I just wanted to hunger gone and to be released from the sickening hold of my vampire.

"You want to go and kill a few people, would that make you feel better? Wash away everything you're feeling?" Spike taunted, pushing himself away from me, as I stared at him angrily.

"Yes, that's exactly what I want to do, I want to drown out all the nightmarish emotions building up inside of me, and drive this hunger back down." I replied, again going to walk away, Spike sighed obviously the answer he wanted was not that one.

"It won't make you feel any better, it'll soothe your aching hunger, but you'll feel regret, guilt, shame." Spike stated, I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Is that what you feel Spike, you regret all that pain you've caused people?" I spat back, he hissed, before slamming his fist against the wood beside me, right next to my head.

"Some of it, but it's what I am-It's what I do, I can't change what I have become, it's too late, but I can change how you handle it, I can save you from that pain." Spike whispered quietly, his eyes flashing, I slowly licked my lips.

"Why? Like you said, it what we do, maybe I want to handle it my way, maybe sometimes I have to do things I'm going to regret, maybe that's my way of handling it" I contemplated, Spike tried to find something to come back with, but searched in my eyes and he found that darkheart, swimming inside me, enjoying every bit of Spike's sudden human like actions.

"Don't you understand? I'm trying to help your stupid ass, I could just teach you how to kill, how to survive, what use is that if your not even in control of your own freaking mind? That's not how you have to live, you want to be as close to human as possible, but at the moment, you're not even close." Spike panted out, my eyes softened, that word 'human' touched something in me, but when the vampire heard it, I immediately snapped my gaze to the passing pedestrians oblivious to the monsters hiding in the woods.

My mind was having its own war, I was dead, full stop. I couldn't change that, being human isn't even an option anymore, I can't even have that luxury, my life is the darkness, it's to be a monster, it was how it has to be. Shadow was right, trying to be human as a vampire wasn't going to work. I closed my eyes.

"I can't be both Spike, I can't act like I'm still a normal human being, I'm not? I died, and now I have to just accept I'm not that person anymore, and even if I wanted to, I couldn't, the vampire inside me doesn't like it, it hurts to fight it. I just want all the pain to stop." I sighed, finally letting to of everything that I held dear to me, I accepted the vampire and this time I felt myself and the vampire within me crash like we were becoming one, and for once it felt nice. Like all the pain was still there, but it didn't hurt as much, I was finally free of that battle.

I had compromised and hit the perfect grey area, my eyes popped open and now I was ready to enjoy the bloodlust that was hitting me like a bomb. I still had control, but let the vampire do whatever was necessary to survive, even if it hurt some people. That was the compromise.

"Fine, go and divulge in your bloodlust, give up, I don't care, I tried, I really did, tell me when my traits screw you up, then you might finally realise the chance you gave up." Spike threw his hands up, and went if to sate his own needs, I was free to tear the throats out of the mysterious men in the alley.

Who cares if I finally get all his traits? How bad can they be?

My eyes roamed them cautiously, guessing how easy they' be to kill, how should I do it? Casually, angrily, or just slaughter them like animals.

I started emerging from the woods, I watched the happy humans walk their way down the streets, not concerned about the monster walking among them, I headed straight toward the alley, and I doubt they even noticed between there smirks and exchanging of illegal substances.

I'd be doing the world a favour.

Finally something exciting happened and one of the men caught sight of me entering the alley, he wasn't afraid and he just elbowed his friends, nodding his head towards me, so they turned there attention to the young teenager that was approaching. They seemed amused.

"Hello little girl. Are you lost?" One of them teased, clearly they underestimated what they were dealing with. If I were them, I'd pull my gun and shoot until I ran out of bullets.

"No, just hungry." I shrugged, they stared with amused curiosity as I rubbed my teeth along my sharp canines, it was too dark for them to notice.

"Oh, well there's no food down here, try another street." Another one offered, but he meant it as a threat, I kept looking forward, cocking my head to the side. I faired their offer; and began to be inches away from the three men, who towered over me. They were all similar in style, as black seemed to be their dark attire.

"So, what are you doing down here?" I questioned, already knowing what frowned upon things they were doing. One finally raised his hand to his side slightly worried about my motives, but this small talk was boring me, and my fangs protruded through my smile and my eyes burned crimson. Too late.

I tore into the first ones neck as he roared in agony, his friends stepping back and aiming their guns in my direction, I drained him quickly and looked up, a small blood trail slipping down my smile and they finally realised to shoot, the loud bullets whistled in the quiet night. Hitting their dead friend ad a couple of times in my arms, I hardly felt them, the blood rush was controlling me now.

I lunged at the second, his neck accident snapping as I grabbed him too hard, the final one, was now yelling an trying to run but I had time to finish off the man I was dealing with. Then I appeared in the third's face, he fell backwards in shock, scurrying backwards, now I towered above him to moonlight outlining my body and my vicious motives evident now. He aimed his weapon and pulled the trigger, but it clicked.

Empty.

I broadened my smile and within a second I had softly flitted and sunk my teeth into his soft tender skin, the blood oozing out nicely.

It was an easy three kills, and surprisingly I felt so alive, but I wanted more blood, and as much as I wanted to control myself, this bloodlust was too much for me to handle and it would only stop on hm it's own terms. Even the human part of me, had agreed that I would have hurt more people in the future if I hadn't acted now, but now I wasn't so sure. I wasn't sure I had this under control. My body let out a growl and an unlucky woman walked past the crime scene and just happened to notice the three dead bodies littered along the floor, and me, blood covered and monstrous, her mouth opened I scream but fear prevented her to.

She has seen too much. The vampire stated, I couldn't let her run screaming, she had to go, I smirked and dragged her effortlessly to the back of the alley, my hand over her mouth. The painful look of fear in her eyes was enough to make anyone feel guilty at what was about to happen. This was an innocent.

I had I admit, I was feeling a tad pitiful for this woman, she had done nothing wrong. She was at the wrong place, wrong time, and now she had to deal with it.

My teeth grazed her neck, searching for the best place to pierce, but my vampire knew exactly where and jabbed directly into the jugular, her body jolted at the entrance and I drank hungrily, my strength regaining once again. I threw her to the ground. Her body floppy, my ears kept hearing the heartbeats of so many humans, on their way to their night out.

"Eliza, what are you doing to yourself." I whispered harshly, hoping that my powerful vice was enough to make me feel some kind if remorse, but it was evident that that emotion was fading, and replacing itself with anger. I smashed my fist into the concrete wall, not knowing my own strength now I had fed and I felt the heat change as I reached the interior of the building, quickly removing my hand from the wall. My gaze fixing itself towards the alley entrance. I want more blood.

You're full you don't need it.

That irritating human part of me, that human Eliza whimpered from within. Suddenly sirens blared, and red and blue flashed around. Someone had called the cops. I looked down to the scattered bodies and realised how stupid I had been.

There were people around and somebody must have heard the gunshots, that was enough to make anybody run for help.

I hissed annoyed, looking up frantically, I couldn't just walk out there, even if I could take them all, there would be witnesses more people that I would have to eradicate. My only option was up.

"Come on, you've seen Ryan jump up and down off his roof, how hard can it be?" I wondered to myself, I bent my legs and throttled upwards, noticing I was in fact flitting upwards, my feet stumbling on the roof that was now below me, I ducked down, hoping nobody had seen anything.

I heard footsteps rush down where I was only a few seconds ago, there horrified voices, filled my ears.

"What sick thing could do this!" And officer asked his partner, I could just imagine them checking for pulses, they'd find none.

"I don't know, an animal? All the guns seem to be here," another answered, there was a silent pause and some clicks and twists were heard. "All rounds fired, the animal must be wounded, there's some loose substance on the floor, seperated from the victims."

I looked over to my arm where a couple of shots had hit, and there was blood seeping out, I looked over to it and ripped out the bullets, quietly throwing them to the ground, my injury was healing quickly; and within seconds there was no sign I had even been touched. I smiled, then dropped down the back of the building and flitted back towards the forest, I looked back and saw the bodies in black bags and being hauled into ambulances. Police were asking questions to random pedestrians. I started walking back into the night, feeling better than ever.

I should have felt sickened and repulsed by my actions, but I only felt like it was needed, that it had to be done, I was a new person, a vampire and I had finally realised that fighting against my new nature was torture, embracing it was the only way my body would survive.

A shadow peeked out from a tree in front of me and frowned, it was Tobias. He stepped forward silently and ran a thumb below my lip, wiping the excess blood from my mouth. He looked at me blankly.

"Do you feel better?" He asked, I narrowed my eyes, what was his game? Was he happy that I finally just got on with the new me? Or was he upset? How was I to reply?

"I suppose." I replied, a smile on my face the whole time, which kind of contradicted my answer. He sat down and patted in front of him, I rolled my eyes but obliged anyway. My back resting against a tree. "You going to lecture me, like everyone always does?" I questioned almost sarcastically, he smiled.

"No." He replied simply, his teeth peeking out slightly. "I don't care what you did, I just hate that you're mad a me, I keep thinking to how we used to be, so playful and happy." He sighed, I knew this would come out at some point, I just hoped it would be later.

"What I don't understand is why, why did you do the one thing I told you specifically I didn't want." I growled, he gulped, but he face turned into that of determination.

"Because I didn't want to lose you, don't you understand that? You said yourself you heard that I admitted how I felt about you, I just couldn't live with myself if you were gone." He outburst, I softened, his words playing in my head. He looked up to me his eyes fierce. "What if It was reversed, you were the vampire and I was the human, and it was me laying on that death bed, you're telling me that you would just stand there and watch me die?"

I cancelled my immediate reply, I didn't know the answer to that, could I honestly say that I would leave him to die, when I knew that there was a way to see him again, I sighed.

"I don't know, I really don't, I want to say that I would...but I couldn't stand to watch that, it would break me, and maybe yes I would try, even if you hated me for it." I whispered, my eyes bore into his and his face stayed neutral for a second. I broke the gaze and rubbed my head, I just proved his point.

"So you know how I felt that day when I just stood there hopeless." He stated, his eyes confused for a moment. "But you forgave Spike when he actually did end your life, you're not mad at him for that, he turned you into a vampire and you still befriend that bastard." He spat, I laughed at the actual truth of it all, my head tilted against the trunk of the oak tree, and my hands sunk into the soil beneath me.

Spike was a whole different subject, I was mad a him, I was pissed, but I have a bond with him, something that sometimes I don't realise how much it affects my opinions on him, he's an ass. Yet I knew he could make me do anything, a worse punishment that Dante can deliver.

"It's the bond, I can't feel angry at him all the time, I wish I could, I wish I could truly say that I wanted him dead for what he did, but there's so many things I don't know, and it seems like he knows what he's talking about and I need him." I sighed, "there's something invisible tying us both together, helping each other, like I influence him, yet he influences me, like his traits and emotions, he's not cold and heartless like when we first met, only when he needs to be"

Tobias listened intently when I spoke, like he was almost jealous about the way I spoke about his cousin, I didn't like the idea about the fact that Spike was who I had no choice to rely on, but my body and mind saw him as no threat. Tobias' eyes were the one things that he showed all his emotions in, and before I knew it, his lips had landed on my own and I gasped at the sudden shock.

It was a strong passionate kiss, but I pushed him away, I didn't kiss him back, I couldn't feel the same about him right now, like I used to, I couldn't even act like we still had something between us. I didn't feel that for him as such, it was broken and it would take a lot more than a kiss to rebuild that.

"I don't feel the same way about you as I did before, I'm sorry but it's not the same, I don't know what it is, I loved you Tobias even if I didn't say it, but that's not what I feel anymore, and it's not because of what you did, it's something inside me, there's something different, I want to feel like I did, but I can't, I just can't." I smiled weakly, my eyes closing, then I got on my feet and began to walk away, no tears fell, I couldn't cry for something I didn't feel about anymore.

"Eliza-" he started, but I turned my head and he realised I wasn't showing any sadness, I meant what I said, we can be friends, sure, I can live with awkwardness, but anything more...I couldn't say a the moment.

"Are you coming or what?" I questioned, a frown on my face, he tried to smile, but nothing, a tear slipped down his face and he nodded appearing beside me, and we both walked back to the Feathers household.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128 2 22
Reagan is just a normal girl with normal friends with a normal life. But little does she know that her town has vampires and werewolves.
1.4K 48 25
1st Book of the "Different" Series Angelina Red-Kindom was a "normal" girl, if it weren't for her demise of her older brother and her parents' divorc...
324 37 34
When she was born her mother knew she wasn't normal. Her mother's family itself wasn't normal. She feared that her beloved daughter carried the gene...
3.8K 70 41
Summers pretty normal i mean shes got friends and a family.Thats all she needs until her best friend Louis tells her he loves her and hes a vampire...