The Before [Prequel- Part 1]

By notebookgirl22

If you told Catherine Stark that she would one day marry Loki Laufeyson AND have a daughter with him, she wou... More

Cast
An Unlikely Meeting
Coffee
Meeting again
The Party Fight
Jarvis
Klau
Salvage Yard
Barton Farm
The Cradle
Vision
Getting Catherine Back
The Battle For Sokovia
Saved
Avengers Compound
Old Friend
Stargazing
Excuses
Figuring things out
Saying Goodbyes
Newest Member of The Shield Team
Phone Calls
The Raven Witch
Ward's Brother
Hydra
Loki
Going Home
The Sokovia Accords
Secretary Ross
Picking Sides
Peggy Carter
James
A Familiar Face
Winter Soldier
Hydra History
"It's okay..."
Whitehall
"I love you."
Germany
Escape
Can we skip to the good part?
What the-
Cast
Space?!
Explanation
The Future?
A Renewal
Grill
Family Line
Working for the discount Bertram
The Thing That Everyone Needs To Accept
Deke
Freaking Phil
Important Announcement
Gunner
Level 35
Doubts
Flint
The Crater
A Life Spent, A Life Earned
The Surface
The Zephyr
Back To The Lighthouse
Aunt Jemma's Advice
The Necklace
Reunions
It's Good To Be Back
Getting Some Rest
Fear Anomalies
Ebony Maw
Talking
Leaving
Strange
Odin
Hela
The BiFrost
Sakaar
Dream
Thor
"Yes! That's how it feels!"
"You won't lose us."
The Return Of Tony Stark
Thanos
Rhodey

Goonie

50 8 10
By notebookgirl22

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

It worked. We got the tablet to Daisy.

But that's not even the best part.

Phil, Mack, May, and Tess somehow got Goonie into serious trouble. He was just found with Grill's handgun. My guess is that Yo-Yo had something to do with it.

Grill is going to report him to the Kree, and then they'll deal with him. Hopefully, by killing him.

Loki's words, not mine!

After that shift finished, he and I found each other, as always, and I told him about Goonie.

Let's just say he was a little too happy with the ending of my story.

To be honest, I was a little too happy.

Since we had a cover to maintain, we had to be in two separate rooms. I was stuck in the barracks by Grill's place, and he was on the other side of the Lighthouse.

I can't stand it, but it's what we have to do.

Right now, we're talking in the hallway right outside the Exchange. It's pretty busy, so no one noticed us. Any passers-by would just think we were making a standard trade. 

"How are things with Daisy? Has she tried to kill you yet?" I teased. When Yo-Yo and I saw Daisy yesterday, she informed me that she was with Loki, trying to find Jemma.

I laughed at the idea of the two of them teaming up.

"No, but I'm almost 100% sure she wants to." He shook his head. "Speaking of Agent Johnson, have you seen her?"

"Not since we handed off the tablet to her. I thought she was going with you to find Jemma."

"That was the plan, but Deke tried to stop us. I had to distract him while she got to the elevator."

"That's strange... She said nothing about where she was going or a meet-up spot?"

"No. She didn't have the time. Do you think Grill may have told someone?"

I instantly shook my head. "He needs the workers. And he's still using me as collateral. He won't say anything. He just lost Zev."

Zev is Goonie's real name. Not as fun, though...

"And I'm glad he's gone. But are you sure you're not overdoing it?"

"I'm sure." I lied. "And it hasn't been all that bad. No incidents at all."

I hate lying to him like this. I legitimately hate it.

"The work isn't too much?"

"Not at all. Look, I'm fine. Stop worrying." I gave him a fake smile.

"You'd tell me if something was wrong, right?" It was like his eyes were burning into my soul.

"Of course." It physically hurt to say that. 

I want to tell him. I want to tell him so badly. But we can't get distracted. Finding Jemma is the priority. 

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. Stay safe." He grabbed my hands discreetly.

"I will. The same goes for you." There was a commotion at the other end of the hallway, and everyone turned toward it. Taking advantage of the well-timed moment, I gave him a small kiss before walking back to my room.

On my way there, I passed Grill's workshop. I noticed him talking to Loki but didn't think much of it. Not until the next day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 91.9K 77
Marvel Fanfic Awards Winner: -Best Plot -Best Loki -Best Male Villain -Toughest Character (Anna) BOOK ONE. The world has changed. After alien...
448K 18.7K 66
{SET BEFORE THE EVENTS OF 'THOR'} - "Did you know," she said, sitting on the ground and turning to the prince, "that Midgard has an entire language d...
9.5K 392 34
Daughter of a Earl Lord, Lady Kaarina Kaelansdottir never believed in love. That it didn't exist. Until she met the most arrogant, selfish and pridef...
1.5K 89 19
"I am not my father - so stop treating me like I am." Being the sole 𝘧𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘦 heir to Loki Laufeyson always proved to be difficult. Treated like...