Behind Closed Doors

By devoyeur

Sayaka Igarashi has a post-traumatic breakdown during the election. Identical twins Kirari and Ririka Momobam... More

Behind Closed Door #1
Behind Closed Door #2
Behind Closed Door #3
Behind Closed Door #4
Behind Closed Door #5
Behind Closed Door #6
Behind Closed Door #7
Behind Closed Door #8
Behind Closed Door #9
Behind Closed Door #10
Behind Closed Door #11
Behind Closed Door #12
Behind Closed Door #13
Behind Closed Door #14
Behind Closed Door #15
Behind Closed Door #16
Is It Really You?
Behind Closed Doors.
Yes, Its Us!

Epilogue

121 6 6
By devoyeur

    Kirari, Ririka, and Sayaka were seated across from Doctor Soleste Sasaki at the glass house. They were all smiles, dressed in their school uniforms.

    "So let me get this straight. You two fell 5 stories down into a crash mat?"

    All three of them answered yes. Then Kirari said, "That was a year ago."

    "That was yesterday for Sayaka and I," Ririka replied.

    "Okay now. These are my recommendations. Sayaka, I want a complete physical check-up, including a brain mapping scan. Only after I review your complete medical and brain scan will I recommend drugs and vitamins. I normally don't prescribe medication off the bat. I always start with what can be resolved with communication and good interpersonal relationship first. The drugs come last, and normally with my track record, its only for a few weeks and no more than that. Sayaka, I insist you get out of your school uniform, take a vacation and go see your family. As for you two, out of your uniforms too and you need to spend time as sisters where it doesn't involve work in school as well. All three of you are not to go back to school until a month later. Are we clear?"

    They all answered in unison.

    "Doctor, how much are you charging us?"

    "Nothing. I consider giving me and my immediate family the security detail as payment. Its for life, isn't it? Or at least up until I'm dead. But just the feeling of having someone watch our backs for safety reasons is more than enough compensation. Also, I can serve as part of the board of directors for your new clinic at Hyakkaou."

    "You are amazing, Doctor Sasaki," Kirari smiled.

    "Ah, you're all not off the hook yet. I'd like to see all three of you at least three times a year. And, I'd like Kirari and Sayaka to start developing a close friendship before anything progresses further. You're to respect Sayaka when she wants her distance and space."

    "Consider it done," Kirari smiled sadly.

    "Thank you for giving me the responsibility of presenting Sayaka with risks, Doctor. I couldn't have done what I did yesterday without you. I'll never forget it."

    "We're not out of the woods yet. I want Sayaka to follow the dieticians instructions, no skipping out on meals. I will also still need to evaluate Sayaka's physical and neurological checkups," Soleste stood up and shook hands with all three of them, "You can send me a copy of Sayaka's medical examinations at my office."

    "We will hand it over personally and not send it via e-mail, Doctor. For safety reasons," Kirari said.

    "Perfectly understandable," She said as she gathered her things. Then, before she left, she gave Sayaka a hug which the young girl reciprocated, "Anytime you need to talk to me, call me okay? I'll be like a mother to you."

    Sayaka nodded happily. Soleste exited the glass house.

    Kirari took her cellphone and started calling their family doctors to arrange complete medical examinations as well as the brain mapping to determine if Sayaka had latent autism. Sayaka went back to her room to change out of her uniform. Kirari followed. Sayaka requested Kirari not to invade her room too often, to which Kirari complained that she wished Sayaka hadn't healed as now she was back to her old habits of calling them by their professional titles and keeping a safe distance.

    Ririka spent most of her time in the basement. The underwear she kept of Sayaka's was a constant reminder to her that she needed to retrieve her memories of what happened between them two years ago in that Bami jet plane. She waited many days for Mary Saotome to get her act together but to no avail...for now. Kirari and Ririka decided on going to Amsterdam for their trip together as twins while Sayaka spent time with her family.

    When they reconvened, their affection and commitment to each other as a trio was stronger than ever. Still, Sayaka's refusal to flirt or even be physically affectionate with Kirari was a constant reminder of her wager with Ririka two years ago. There were days that Kirari had been so sexually frustrated that she took to watching the video of their one night of passion more often. Ririka continued to study in her grandmother's book of spellcraft, with no luck. Only time would tell what direction their interests in each other were.

    A month later, Doctor Soleste requested more tests as she detected something different about Sayaka's brains and lungs as well as her bloodwork.

    Kirari called her phone, "Doctor, I got your text message...should I be worried?"

    "I don't know what to say...it seems that...Sayaka is not...a normal human being."

    "What?"

    "I can't say for sure...but she appears to have a cervical rib--an extra rib on her left side plus a third lung. Its quite strange why it wasn't detected earlier. From its growth, I'd say the extra lung, not the rib, was probably just about that time when she first drowned and was resuscitated. So maybe...three or four years ago while she was in middle school? Also, something is strange about her amygdala, its split into four parts. Its highly unusual. Lastly, the DNA analysis you ordered for her from Switzerland is...inconclusive. Its as if she has all of what we normally have...and then some. They've actually been calling me, asking me if the patient is willing to submit herself for further study to which I declined. I know these types of people."

    Kirari was speechless for a good few minutes, "Doctor...what can I do?"

    "Nothing. I don't know if I can do something as well. I will need to consult with someone else about this. This is...this is beyond my expertise. But I know a few colleagues who can be discreet about this. I'm not giving up. I'm just saying this is beyond me. All I can say for now is...don't let her drown again. It seems like she has a family history of multiple drowning incidents according to her personal file."

    "I'll make sure of it, Doctor Sasaki."

    "I will let you know when I can finally find the right people to study this case. I can omit her name in her records so that it remains private."

    "Thank you so much, its highly appreciated. Should I share this with Ririka?"

    "Absolutely. Also, the good news. She doesn't have latent autism. Her brain mapping and neurological scans don't show it, for now at least. She still has PTSD, ADHD and OCD. She's out of the woods for latent dysphemia, I don't detect any in our conversations. Whatever makes her what she is probably has something to do with the strangeness of her biological make-up. There's also something I can't figure out. All her biological records indicate she has black eyes from birth. Why its suddenly purple is something I can't explain medically. How long ago was this, I don't know."

    "I think its roughly a little over two years, Doctor. When I hired her in middleschool, her eyes were purple but according to my sister who first interviewed her, they were black."

    "Well, what of that...But I can't conclude further on something I don't understand. As long as her vision is passable, there's nothing to worry about. If her vision is impaired, have her see an ophthalmologist. That's all for now. Have a good day? Miss Momobami?"

   "And you," Kirari replied and waited for her to close the call. Kirari's hands were shaking. Then, she went to the balcony to get some fresh air. She watched Sayaka who was outside, chatting happily with one of the gardeners. Kirari whispered to herself, "I love you, my one. Whatever and whoever you are. I am all in."

AFTERWORD

Trilogy
1. IIRY = Is It Really You? https://www.wattpad.com/story/336275192-is-it-really-you
2. BCD = Behind Closed Doors. https://archiveofourown.org/works/46712641
3. YIU = Yes, Its Us! https://www.wattpad.com/story/339607827-yes-its-us

Too many callbacks to "Is It Really You?" in Behind Closed Doors. To make things easier, I'll just use IIRY to refer to the prequel and BCD to refer to this book. The sequel "Yes, Its Us!" will be YIU. Chapter one alone has callbacks to Chapter 12 and 13 in IIRY. Chapter 2 of Sayaka's dreams is a callback to Kirari's room full of mirrors as well as their first meeting in Chapter 4. Chapter 3 of BCD has a callback to their feast of lambs, mojo potatoes, and the tomato juice. Chapter 4 and 6 of BCD has several callbacks to Chapter 8 of IIRY where Kirari discovers Sayaka's fondness for learning foreign languages. It also has a callback to Afterword: Hands Down from IIRY where I illustrate in photos which twin uses which hand more often. Chapter 5 of BCD has a callback to chapter 4 of IIRY. Chapter 7 of BCD has callbacks to chapter 4 and 13 of IIRY. Chapter 8 of BCD has a callback to Wild Card #3 of IIRY. Chapter 9 and 11 of BCD has callbacks to chapter 20 of IIRY. Chapter 10 of BCD has a callback to Wildcard #3: Ririka Steals Sayaka For One Day-UNRATED in IIRY, the significance of "door" corresponds to Ririka's personification as Sayaka's "la mia porta" (door). Chapter 12 of BCD has a callback to Wild Card #3 as well as chapter 20 of IIRY. The Alternate Universe in chapter 12 was made as a request from a reader of IIRY to make an AU where Ririka and Sayaka are together except in here, they are as Kaya D'Amato as Sayaka, Leon Terranova as Ririka, and Noel Terranova as Kirari. Chapter 13 of BCD is one of the most important chapters of the book. It deals with the cycle of life, illustrated by Doctor Soleste Sasaki in a tree and expounded further by the names of the horses. The mythology of Hades and Persephone deals with the cycles of life and of nature. It's also a foreshadowing of their future relationship to Sayaka Igarashi. Chapter 13 of BCD also gives a hint of Sayaka's secret history that also has a callback from IIRY in chapters 3, 4, 5, and 10 which will all be significant in the sequel YIU. Chapter 14 of BCD also sets the stage for YIU where Sayaka responds in all honestly that she loves both Kirari and Ririka and if she cannot have them both, she would rather leave and start over with someone new. Chapter 15 of BCD has callbacks to Damien Inbami in chapters 7 and Wild Card #2 and #3 in IIRY. Chapter 16 of BCD has a meariri hint and a callback to Chapter 9 in IIRY. Chapter 17 of BCD sets the stage for the sequel YIU with callbacks to the entire IIRY.

 Kaya =  "yew" (from Japanese "kaya/榧"), "scent" or "fragrance" (from Japanese "ka/香") and "fruit" (from Japanese "ka/果"). Additionally, Kaya means "pure" (from Kaja).

D'Amato = Italian: patronymic from the personal name Amato, from the Latin personal name Amatus, meaning 'beloved'

Leon = Meaning:lion. Leon is a baby boy name of Greek origin. If you're a lover of animals and wildlife, you may adore this name's connection to the Greek word leo, meaning "lion." From religious symbols to the British coat of arms, lions symbolize strength, royalty, and pride. Its also an anagram of Noel.

Noel = The first records of the word Noel in English come from the early 1800s. It comes from French Nöel—the French way of saying "Merry Christmas" is Joyeux Noël. The word derives from Latin word nātālis (diēs), meaning "birthday." Another name for Christmas is Nativity. Also an anagram of Leon.

Terranova = Italian (southern): habitational name from any of numerous places called with Terranova or Terranuova from terra 'land' + nuova 'new'. Together it means New Land.

Such a long explanation. Long story short, if you haven't read IIRY, it would set you at an disadvantage to see the forest from the trees. Thank you for taking the time to read the Afterword.

Ironically, when all three books, IIRY, BCD, YIU are put together. They form a complete conversation.

Thank you for reading Behind Closed Doors.

If you have any complaints and objections for Behind Closed Doors, voice them out directly to me on the comments page or for my twitter accounts. I am a direct person who doesn't take kindly to gossip and backward slurs. Address me directly and you'll find that I'm very open to constructive criticism on my writing style but I treat infantilism, gossip, and insults with total disgust. My choice of characters and ships are not open for rebuke. I have every right to shape the characters the way I want to see them. Don't like it? Don't read it. Simple and sophisticated. Twitter account d3voyeur & kirasayariri plus archiveofourown.org/users/devoyeur and my discord id is devoyeur#4485

Once more, thank you so much to the people who enjoyed this story and took the courage to like and retweet my posts. I treasure you all for your encouragement. Blessings!

Up Next: "YES, ITS US!" It is the conclusion to the trilogy and directly after "Is It Really You?" and "Behind Closed Doors" on wattpad.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/339607827-yes-its-us

[1st In The Trilogy--Is It Really You?]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.9K 4K 8
β•°β‹―βž€ ❝ π‡πŽπ– π“πŽ 𝐁𝐄 𝐀 π‡π„π€π‘π“ππ‘π„π€πŠπ„π‘ ❞ ― In which a notorious heartbreaker is outsmarted by the one person she can't successfully play...
3M 69.2K 200
These book does not follow the manga, but only the two seasons on Netflix. This book is finished and undergoing editing! I do not own Kakegurui. Th...
3K 127 20
KiraSayaRiri Kakegurui Sequel to IS IT REALLY YOU and BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. Please read the first two books by yours truly. You're setting yourself up...
20.2K 6.9K 86
[π™²πš˜πš–πš™πš•πšŽπšπšŽπš ] π™΄πšπš’πšπš’πš—πš π™Έπšœ π™Ύπš— π™Άπš˜πš’πš—πš "I am so tired of pretending, where is my happy ending " That had always been the battle cr...