Sweet or Bittersweet

By sxaredwings

Sophia doesn't take shit from anyone. Anybody who tries to change her for their pleasure, she becomes a night... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chpater 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Finale)
Special chapter 1
Special chapter 2
Special chapter 3
Special chapter 4
Special chapter 5
Special chapter 6
Special chapter 7

Chapter 8

43 3 37
By sxaredwings

Sophia

One year later

"FUCK!" I screamed as i tried to lift the weights for the 25th rep and god knows how many sets. At this this point i was destroying my body.

"Sophia stop it! You're gonna hurt yourself if you do anymore!" Tyler tried to snatch the dumbbells from me and I had no energy left so I just dropped the weights on the floor.

I took a look at myself in the mirror in front of me. My veins were popping out so much. My muscles definitely looked more defined, way more than when Kyle was there. I was basically looking like a demon. Sweat dripping from my body like waterfall.

I tried to get up from the bench and suddenly felt dizzy, luckily before i could fall, Tyler caught hold of me.

"Sophia fucking stop it already. Give yourself a break."
"Shut it Ty i'm not in the mood for any lectures now". I said irritated and got out of his grip trying to maintain my balance.

He sighed in frustration. This is how I behaved ever since everything happened . Completely out of my mind, i was desperate to feel pain. I wanted to feel it burn the very last nerve of my body.

You may be wondering, Sophia what the actual fuck happened? Well let me give you a flashback of how everything went completely south.

Flashback to after Sophia left the hospital

I ran as fast as i could. I couldn't stand staying in that room for one more second. Seeing his eyes hold so much fear and the fact he sees me as some monster who tormented and tortured him. His fear-filled eyes....no, this is the worst punishment i could ever get. The nurse told me that due to the impact of the accident, his memory has turned backwards, meaning he only remembers his life a few years back and knows nothing about the present.

I threw the visiting card at the reception and ran straight to my car. I slammed the door shut and banged my head against the steering. Why was all this happening? Why the fuck did fate introduce me to him? I swore to never feel anything for anyone, and yet Kyle managed to make his place in my heart...making me feel something which i never knew i could. And now this very beautiful feeling was the reason i'm breaking every passing second.

Is it my fault? Am I the reason all this is happening? What the hell is my mistake? That i'm born to a prestigious family and whoever knows me is gonna be in danger? Is that what's happening?
The moment Kyle entered my life, his life started to go downhill. He is suffering right now and maybe he suffered in the past as well.

But I can't. I can't erase him from my life, i need him. I need his warmth. I can't seem to function anymore knowing that I am out of his life. I didn't even realize tears were flowing from my eyes...dammit kyle you managed to awaken the emotions i was hiding all this time. But the sad part is that these are not happy emotions, it's gonna cause me long term pain now. And the reason is you Kyle Smith.

Suddenly my phone rang, i saw the caller ID and it was Claire. I aggressively wiped my tears and cleared my throat before answering.

"Hello sophs you still not reached? We all are waiting."
"Yeah claire i'm on my way, the traffic is terrible here"
"Sophs....are you crying? Why is your voice so distorted?" She was getting worried now.
"Pfft i'm not crying you idiot, the network sucks right now, don't worry i'll be there in 15 minutes"

Before she could even say anything i cut the call. Sighing deeply I started the engine and drove away from this horrible place.

After another 30 minutes finally I reached the complex. Of course Tyler would choose such a luxurious place to live in. He kept on forcing me to move in the penthouse with him but I refused and told him to get the flat instead.

The watchman opened the gate and I drove to the parking area. There I saw my friends and Tyler who was standing with Noah. They sighed in relief after seeing me. I got out of the car and was immediately hugged by tyler.

"You idiot what took you so long! I was worried sick sophia you didn't even inform any of us that you were going to be this late- wait WHY ARE YOUR EYES RED WHAT HAPPENED?" Tyler exclaimed in shock after seeing my puffy red eyes.

"Whatever, get someone to bring the boxes to my flat, i wanna be alone for now" I coldly said. I was going back to my old ways now. All of them became numb after seeing my behavior. Honestly I didn't care. I don't and from now on I will never care. I tried once, failed. Almost tried again and failed again. Fuck this stupidity.
"Sophia wait-

"Leave her alone for sometime Ryan, she'll come around" ash held his shoulder from behind.
"She was just fine this morning..." Ryan said with evident worry.
"I'll talk to her in the evening" tyler said as he called someone to pick up the boxes.

Night time around 8:30 pm

I woke up with a banging headache. Fuck did i oversleep? I checked the time and it was 8:30. I looked at myself in the mirror, wow what a mess. My hair was completely messed up, my eyes were still red and my head was hurting like anything.

Suddenly i got a text from Ash telling me to come to the penthouse. Letting out a frustrated groan I went to the washroom to wash my face and at least fix my messed up state a bit. After that i made my way to the penthouse.

I pressed the bell and immediately Tyler opened the door. He gave me a small hug before welcoming me. I must say, Tyler's taste in houses are pretty good. The penthouse looked so damn good.
"Good taste brother"
"All thanks to you sis"

"Hey sophs how are you now?" It was Noah,
"Hey noah yeah better now, I'm sorry for my behavior earlier....i was just...angry". I sighed and sat on the chair of the dinner table. The food looked great not gonna lie.
"Will you tell us what happened? We all were so worried sophs" ash said.

"Don't fucking bombard me with questions ash eat your god damn food."
All of them went silent after my outburst.
Suddenly i spoke.
"Tyler does this complex have a gym?
He nodded.
"Is there a good tattoo studio nearby?" I asked once again.
"Yes sophia but why-
"Perfect let's eat now"
Finally I found two ways of numbing my pain. Guys I'm sorry but you're gonna see a whole different side of me now. Forgive me.

After dinner ends, I went back to my flat and got ready for bed when I heard my room door opening. I immediately guessed it was my brother because he is the only one who has the spare key to my flat.
"What's up Ty? You need anything?" I asked not bothering to look at him.

"Sophia tell me what happened? I know you weren't late on purpose. Something must've happened." He said taking a seat beside me on the bed.
All of a sudden the events started to rewind in my head. It made me grip the bedsheet tightly as I was trying so hard not to burst out crying. The guy who I barely only knew for a month has managed to put such an impact on me.

Slowly taking a deep breath i muttered, "i met kyle today". Tyler looked visibly shocked at this statement.

But before he could say anything else,
"He has lost his memory. He doesn't know who I am and you know what Ty? It fucking hurts so much that my heart is splitting into two halves and someone is actively pouring acid on it. That's how much it hurts". I said shakily.

He immediately hugged me and that's when all the emotions came out. I never had a family to hug me like this. All of them were busy behind money fame and success. No one cared about me. All i ever wanted was someone to hold me like this. Tyler was the only family who genuinely cared for me and loved me. Despite his own problems, he never let that come between us.

"Don't worry sophs, everything will fall back into place. Maybe not now, but it will trust me" he whispers into my ear as he strokes my hair soothingly.

Flashback ends

I know that's not a lot of information to grasp right? But if I start telling you everything in detail, it's never gonna end.

In short if i tell, i switched all of my class timings.
I was initially in the morning batch but I got it changed to the evening batch. That means even at uni I couldn't see him. In fact I haven't seen or heard about him for a whole year. I have no idea where he is right now, how his parents are? Does he still suffer from memory loss?  All i know was that he might still be attending uni but is under special care shit and exceptions are made for him, be it assignment or exams .Tyler offered to keep an eye on him but honestly I just let it go.

What was the point of keeping an eye on him when he doesn't even remember me anymore. It's almost as if he has vanished for me.

You guys remember the project?Yeah the project which we both were suppose to work on? Well that got exempted for our case. We still had to make up for it by writing essays. Just two more years and i'm out of this place.

About me? I was a huge mess. A literal mess. Staying away from Kyle was killing me everyday.
And yet I didn't know what I actually felt for him. Was it desperation? Was it lust? Was it temptation? Or was it....love?

Hell no, absolutely not! If it was supposed to be love then it sure shouldn't be this tormenting. But one thing was established...I felt absolutely dead without him.

Going to the gym and destroying my body with heavy ass weights, tattoo studios becoming my new second home tho I was sane enough to not get so many. But yeah overall I just wanted to feel pain. I didn't bother cutting my hair at all which resulted it looking absolutely shaggy. People at uni thought I got on drugs. Seriously immature asshats.

Oh right we were still in the gym. I leaned against the mirror and sighed. I should really take a break huh?
"Sophs come on let's go have some food. You over trained a lot today. Have something to eat and strictly rest. Tonight we all are going to the club to relax kay?" Tyler said as he passed me the water bottle.

A club would be a good distraction for me.
"Yeah sure why not, I need a fucking distraction anyways". I said not bothering to look at him. He sighed. I felt bad at my actions but I was consumed by guilt and sorrow to the level I didn't care for the fact that it is hurting my brother. Guilt because I couldn't do anything to help Kyle. I ran away like a coward instead of helping him. Sorrow....sorrow because i did nothing whatsoever.

I took a shower to get rid of the nasty sweat on me and changed into a black hoodie with black sweatpants. I was just laying on my bed when Claire, Ash and Ryan suddenly barged into my room nearly giving me a heart attack.
"WHAT THE FUCK YOU GUYS-

"I don't care if my face breaks today, we all are going to the salon today! You look like a mess especially your hair, let's get it fixed for the club tonight" Claire says and tries to drag me out of my bed. Too bad I've become quite heavy with all the muscle i've gained.
But my little victory came to an end when Ash picked me up with so much ease.

"Don't forget we also workout sophs now let's get going!" He says and carries me out while the other two follow him. I was protesting all the way down when I saw Tyler and Noah.

"BRO HELP ME THESE IDIOTS HAVE LOST THEIR MINDS!" I screamed at him.
"Hey Ty! We are taking sophs to the salon, can we get a ride?"

He gave a thumbs up and pointed towards his car. Fuck you brother. Fuck you.

I gave him a middle finger and he just smiled at me.
Ryan took his seat in the driver's seat while ash sat next to him. Claire was beside me and i was trying my best to control my anger. However these rascals couldn't care less.

We reached the salon and I literally had no choice but to go. But hey? Maybe it's time I finally change out of my scary look. My hair was reaching my shoulders and I didn't care about it until now. God I realized how I hated long hair so much.

Those three went to do whatever they wished for while I sat on the seat and the hair stylist comes and asks me, "so what services are you looking for?"
I thought for a while and said

"Dye my hair.....red wine and cut this long hair to this style"
I showed her a picture of myself in my original hairstyle. She agreed and got to her work.
Let me tell you the scalp massage felt like heaven. Sigh I really really needed this.

All this process took about three hours. I looked at myself in the mirror and there she was...the cold heartless sophia. I was back to the way I was.

Soon the rest came with their looks and when they saw me they literally screamed.
"OMG SOPHIE THAT COLOR LOOKS SO HOT ON YOU AAAAAH" Claire was jumping around while Me and the other two where just staring in disbelief. The whole salon was staring at us and we just grabbed claire and exited the salon...probably never coming back.

Soon we reached home and the time was 6:00 pm. We had to leave in one hour. I changed into skinny black jeans which hugged my thighs. A black tee and a silver jacket. I brushed my fresh red hair into a messy look and threw some accessories on myself. I heard my message tone and knew it was Ash. I grabbed my phone and wallet and head out.

Once i reached the parking area I saw Tyler, Noah, Ash, Ryan and Claire waiting for me.
"Nice hair sis"
"Yeah sophs you look great" noah said
"Thanks guys let's go"

The drive was 30 minutes. When we reached, and as I had predicted, the most expensive club in Washington DC. Tyler, 21 years old and the youngest billionaire would always choose expensive shit.
"Well let's go! So many delicious guys and girls are inside I can't wait to get a taste" ryan says with excitement while i internally threw up. Yeah this is what happens when you're the only virgin in the group.

Ash looked visibly disappointed at Ryan's statement and it became so obvious that he likes him. Yeah right like i'm gonna step into their mess.

The club was filled with the smell of alcohol, loud music and even the smell of sex was evident. We went towards the VIP section which was a bit more sophisticated than the public area. We took our seats and chose our drinks. I closed my eyes as the whiskey burned my throat. What a feeling. I opened my eyes and looked around when a certain figure caught my eye. I thought I was hallucinating, that male...why does he look like Kyle? Ugh i'm going crazy right now. I gulped the entire drink in one go.

"Sophie you good? You want one more drink?" Ryan asks me. I nodded and he gave the waiter the sign for another drink. My eyes went back to the same corner where I saw the male but this time...it looks as if someone is dragging him outside? What the hell? It's clear the male doesn't wanna go anywhere. Suddenly he got hit in the head and that's when I stood up. There were three dudes taking his unconscious body outside and I rushed towards them, the others also stood up and followed me.

The sight made my blood freeze. Those dudes were taking none other than...KYLE?!

My fists clenched in anger. The fucking audacity to touch him. I didn't bother knowing my surroundings as I gave one of the dudes a solid hard punch, breaking his jaw. One of them grabbed me from behind but as soon as he touched me, someone grabbed him and started to beat him up, you guessed it, It was Tyler.

"How fucking dare you lay your stinky hands on my sister you bastard. I'm gonna finish you off"

He said and took his gun out from his back pocket and straight up shot him between his forehead. Luckily he had a silencer on his gun.
The third dude was being punched by Noah, disfiguring his entire face. Yeah you don't mess with the billionaires asshats.
I saw Kyle lying on the ground unconscious. Claire and the others were trying to get him up. I slowly took steps towards him. I told ryan to pick him up.

"Ryan carry him to the car, we're taking him to my place"
They all agreed while tyler and noah were calling some men to clear off the messy dead bodies. Power truly works wonders.

As soon as we reached my flat, I hurriedly opened the door and signaled Ryan to lay him on the couch. He did as said. He told me that the others were tired and would visit tomorrow. I nodded and gave him a hug before he left.

I looked over at kyle. One year of not seeing him, and this is how our first meet goes. I gazed upon his bruises. He looked so tired and exhausted. I noticed his hair was no longer blonde, it was a deep brown color. He had deep dark circles as if he hasn't slept for a long time.

"I leave you for 365 days and this is what i see" i sighed and reached out for the first aid box and took some antiseptic to apply it on his bruises. He flinched a little at the sting but still didn't open his eyes. After a good 15 minutes of taking care of his wounds, I picked him up and he felt really lightweight. Has he been neglecting his health? What happened to you Kyle?

I took him to my room and placed him on my bed. His clothes are bloody. Fuck I can't let him sleep like this. I was contemplating whether I should change his clothes or no? Fuck it I can change clothes with my eyes closed.

Oh dear lord please give me a fucking break.

"Finally done". I opened my eyes and there he was all changed. Don't worry I didn't touch his underclothes at all. I slipped him on one of my huge oversized hoodie and Tyler's black shorts. Good thing he leaves some of his clothes at my place.
I put the blanket on top of him and picked up a spare blanket and switched off the lights.
I decided to let him sleep alone.
I laid down on the couch, it wasn't the most comfortable place to sleep on but I didn't have the guts to even go near him. I kept the room door open in case he has another nightmare. Soon I dozed off.

2:00 am
I was woken by someone screaming. I got up in fear but soon realized it was Kyle screaming. As I had predicted, he was having the same nightmare. I rushed into the room and saw him violently shaking. Immediately i went towards him and held him tightly.

"Kyle kyle! Calm down no one is going to hurt you anymore please calm down!" I tried my best.
"LEAVE ME PLEASE DON'T HURT THEM THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" He screamed in fear.
I didn't let go of him. I was trying my level best to calm him down. Soon I felt him relaxing in my arms. I was about to leave when he tugged on my sleeve. God the deja vu i'm having right now.

"D-don't g-g-go s-stay p-please" he quivered.
Again. Once again I was taken back to the first time I saw him in this state. I was reminding myself that if I stay, I probably would never let him go ever again.

I betrayed myself by laying beside him holding his hand tightly. I wanted to feel close to him so I gently put my arms around him and pulled him closer. Instantly I felt him wrap his arms around me. Although he felt light, his sweet addictive scent still lingered on him. Soon I heard him snoring.

What have I gotten myself into once again. One year I survived without him, now how can I let go of him?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 28.7K 78
~COMPLETED~ *Not edited* "Be careful what you wish for little one. Because a tiger never backs down from a challenge." He whispers hoarsely, his tone...
1.8K 86 13
HANNAH I've spent my entire twenty-one years on this earth in the background. Walked over by friends. Family. Strangers. And I didn't see a problem w...
2.9K 91 36
π•Ώπ–π–Šπ–—π–Š π–†π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–”π–‰ 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖇𝖆𝖉 π–•π–Šπ–”π–•π–‘π–Š, π–‡π–šπ–™ π–Žπ–‹ π–˜π–”π–’π–Šπ–”π–“π–Š π–‹π–†π–‘π–‘π–˜ π–Žπ–“ π–‘π–”π–›π–Š π–œπ–Žπ–™π– π–™π–π–Š π–”π–™π–π–Šπ–— π–œπ–”π–šπ–‘π–‰ 𝖙𝖍...
1.2M 25.4K 58
Leah Aldaine is a 21 year old with a bad past with an abusive ex. She hasn't been able to tell anybody about what she has been through besides her be...