Sweet or Bittersweet

By sxaredwings

Sophia doesn't take shit from anyone. Anybody who tries to change her for their pleasure, she becomes a night... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chpater 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Finale)
Special chapter 1
Special chapter 2
Special chapter 3
Special chapter 4
Special chapter 5
Special chapter 6
Special chapter 7

Chapter 7

50 4 64
By sxaredwings

                                      Sophia

The entire world stopped for me. I couldn't move a single muscle except for my fists which was clenched with anger frustration and nervousness. The moment those words slipped out of his parents mouth, I felt like destroying the entire universe and ripping off its existence.

Thinking about Kyle having a single scratch on him was making my blood boil in anger. But I knew that I had to keep my composure in front of the three people standing in front of me.

Fuck they had more rights to be angry and sad than me. Like I have mentioned many a times, who the hell am I to be worrying about him? What is he to me, boyfriend? Best friend? Husband? Nothing. He is a stranger to me. But yet again I feel that he means something more than the above relations I mentioned.

Taking a deep breath and calming myself, I asked them.

"What exactly happened and which hospital is he in?"
For some weird reason, they tensed at this question. Yes I had helped them. Even if it was for a very small reason, their expressions read, "should we tell her about our personal affairs?" Yes that kind of expression. But come on, Kyle literally spent half the day with me, in my goddamn house! What more do I need to do huh?

Suddenly his dad spoke up.

"Today morning as soon as he got out of the house...a van came and hit him-
He stopped mid sentence and tried to hold back his tears while I was holding back the thought of killing the driver of the van with my bare hands. Then his mom continued the sentence.

"He heard the c-crash and came out and saw Kyle lying on the road unconscious. The van took off very quickly and we couldn't even see the number plate. It was definitely a hit and run case. We immediately took him to the hospital and...."

"And after the operation, the doctor told us that-
Again he stopped his sentence, come on guys don't make me think the worst please.
"He-he is in an induced coma" both of them started crying and shawn immediately went and hugged his parents with his own tears streaming down his face and my face lost all colors.

Coma? HE IS IN A FUCKING COMA!

I couldn't move. I couldn't comprehend what is right and what is wrong. Everything felt dizzy to me, i felt as if I was going to faint right then and there. I just plopped myself on the couch.
The family in front of me where balling their eyes out while i just sat there. Numb. Void of any expression.

After sometime all three stopped crying. They came and sat opposite to me. Not even bothered by their current condition I asked them, "which hospital is he in, I want to see him NOW".
His mother sighed, "Sophia visiting hours are over now, you can visit him tomorrow tho. He is admitted in the City Hospital".

"Then who is going to look after him tonight?" I asked feeling dejected.
"I'll be going at 8pm to stay with him". His father said. I nodded sadly. Well at least his dad was going to be there.
All of us just sat in complete silence. What the hell am I still doing here? My thoughts came to a stop when I saw his dad's office bag's logo....STARSHINE CORPORATION!
The fuck, he works for my dad!

Now you may be wondering, how do people not know me but know my parents? The thing is I was kept away from any spotlight and media fame. My identity had to be kept as a secret. Why? Because that's how the industry works apparently. Keeping suspense and secrets is what makes someone look more appealing and interesting. But yet i had no idea why i was kept away from the world. Basically apart from my friends and families from both my dad's side and mom's side, no one knows that I am John and Lily Wilsons daughter. In fact the whole world doesn't know that they have a daughter. Then how did I get admission in schools and University? Money my dear people, money can immediately shut anyone's mouth. Dad paid hefty amounts of money to the school and university to not reveal their identities cuz the school and University which I currently study at are under my dad's company, one word and everyone looses their jobs. See how powerful money can be?

Then how am I living in this neighborhood without getting caught? Hah! Why do you think my parents keep making trips here and there. Why do you think I rarely get out of the house? Why do i always wear a mask and only come out during the late night?
I spent majority of my childhood with my so called grandparents and uncles and aunts. I was rarely at home and whenever i was, it was fucking toxic as hell. Like i said, i never had a normal childhood. My inner child was destroyed.

Now my attention was on the fact that Kyle's dad works for my dad. I had to sneakily get answers from him now.

"I see you work for STARSHINE CORPORATIONS sir, i heard it's a very huge company and quite successful too" I had no other way of starting up a conversation with him. If i kept asking about his son then it wouldn't end good.

"Yes dear I was lucky enough to get a job at such a prestigious company. Our boss Mr. Wilson is truly very kind hearted, In fact he gave me the job when we were struggling a lot, we moved to this country two years ago but it was very hard to find a job since my previous company where i worked went bankrupt" he stopped for a second and I patiently waited for him to continue his sentence.

"Moving to Washington was difficult for us both mentally and financially. With two kids, we were worried for their future too. But when I heard about this company, I knew it was my only shot and when i got the job, everything started to fall into place. We moved to this neighborhood after Kyle's admission was secured".

Still need more info
"If you don't mind, what company were you working for which went bankrupt?"

"Aah it was an IT company in Japan. We used to live there for my job. The stocks went down rapidly and we lost money and couldn't pay back the debts so it went bankrupt.

Shit now I can't ask anymore questions now. It will be suspicious if i do.

Suddenly Mrs. Smith spoke up.
"Sophia, you indirectly helped us a lot and we cannot thank you enough. It might not seem like a lot of help but we are really thankful for you". She said with so much love and gratitude. I felt numb. I have never received so much appreciation from anyone. It felt awfully refreshing and nice. But still this is not enough to know about Kyle. These people are hiding something. I need to know what before taking any help.

"Umm sophia? About the project thing, is it okay if you inform the teacher about Kyle's accident. We'll try our best to convince him from our end too" his mom said.

Is she serious right now? Who cares about the fucking project right now.

"Don't worry ma'am, I'm sure the professor will understand. I'll do the project by myself and write Kyle's name too" I said because that's exactly what i'll do. Yeah the credit is important but he is more important right now.
Both of them thanked me.

"I should get going now, if you don't mind please keep me updated on kyle's health too" I requested to them which they agreed too.

Soon i was out and....now what? Let's go home.

——————————————————————————

I was laying on my bed thinking once again. I didn't have classes for the next whole week so I had plenty of time to figure out the situation. I need Tyler's help right now. He is the only one who can help me. Pretty sure with what I've gathered, it can help him find out more about the Smiths.

I picked up my phone and clicked on his contact. Within seconds he picked up.

"Hello baby sis, what made you remember me?" Typical cocky brother.
"Hello to you too brother, I need your help".
"I'm pretty sure you don't need my help to break anyone's head cuz you are capable enough to do that aren't you?" He chuckled lightly at the end. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah you're right I don't need help breaking anyone's face but i need your help in finding something"
"What is it?"
"I need you to do some digging into someone's past. More specifically a family".

"Okay who are you and what did you do to my sister?"

"Not funny Tyler not funny at all" he started laughing. Ugh what an annoying brother i've got.
"Okay okay, give me all the basic information".

I started giving him all the information. Guy went into a complete shock after he got to know that i was doing it for a guy. I mean anyone would considering my nature.

"Damn Sophia, i thought we both were going to keep our "die single siblings" deal for life. You betrayed me....how could you?"

Good heavens he is a grown ass adult but behaves like a kid with me. Who's gonna believe that the most ruthless and scary CEO behaves like a kid with his sister.

"Grow up ty, my curiosity is through the roof and i just want to know why it is attracting me so much. I have no plans of falling love okay?"
"Maybe for both of us love is a curse isn't it sis?"
I sighed. He is telling the truth.

After a brief pause he said.
"Sophs are you still living with your parents? You do realize I'm moving to DC next week, please come live with me. Don't stay in a toxic environment like i did". He sighed at the other end. He very well knew about the situation between my parents and I. He himself knew what it was like to live with toxic and nasty parents. More specifically his mom.

"Well mom is returning next week too and dad won't come back for another three months, if anything happens in that time period then I'll have no choice but to move out. Honestly one more fight and it will end"

"Considering that they are the IT couple with a hidden daughter and you being my sister? I doubt  that will happen anytime soon sophs. Please come live with me, if not I can get you a house next to mine. It's just....i really don't trust those guys around you and if you are revealed to the public then it will be a huge mess. I mean i would happily introduce you as my sister to the whole world but now is not the right time and if the news of you being their daughter also comes out it will be a huge mess".

He is right. Everything he said is 100% accurate. It won't be an issue if i'm revealed as Tyler's sister . He can handle the press and media, but that has its own time to come out. But it would be a huge mess if i am revealed as John and Lily's daughter. Both of them are world famous. Imagine the chaos that would occur.

"Don't worry Tyler, it's not like I plan on staying here forever. The faster I move out the better. And you're coming here next week anyways, all i need to do is pack my bags and go. But what about kyle? I can't leave him just like that?"

"Who says you'll be away from him? You can always see him at university or anywhere. It's not like he knows you that well". I was about to agree but then it clicked in me....HE KNOWS WHO THAT I'M TYLER'S SISTER FUCK!

"Tyler there is a problem...He knows that I am your sister.."

"WHAT THE FUCK SOPHIA! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!" He exclaims in shock
"It gets worse...his dad works for my dad but they don't know that i am the daughter of his boss". I definitely messed up a lot.

"BUT WHY-
"IT JUST HAPPENED OKAY?! I DID NOT THINK STRAIGHT THAT TIME. HE SAW THE PICTURES OF US AND I JUST UNINTENTIONALLY WENT WITH THE FLOW!" I shouted back in frustration.

"Sophia I am telling you, get the hell out of there. You know what I'm coming there in three days time. I don't care if i have to drag you out, you are coming with me".

"What no ty-
"I'm not hearing no for an answer, you better keep your stuff ready. I'm gonna talk to your parents. Pretty sure their cheap attitude ass will agree with it 100%."
"I- ugh!! Why is all this happening!" I cried in frustration.

"Look what's done is done. I'll be there by Wednesday afternoon. You keep your stuff ready and inform your friends too. Noah can tell ash everything , pretty sure he'll understand. And you need to stay away from Kyle for the time being. I know you are worried about him but you need to. You cannot trust him with your identity now."

I literally had no choice but to agree. I have to stay away from him. My heart was clenching at the thought.

"Fine Tyler you talk to mom and dad, i'll inform ryan and claire too."
"I'm really sorry sophie...i wish i had gotten you out of there when i had the chance. After all you're the only family i've left..."
"It's fine tyler...i need to sleep now. I love you big brother" I whispered shakily.
"I love you too baby sis..i'm coming soon, please wait for me"

He cut the call.
Life definitely was playing the worst game with me. Not only i had to stay away from Kyle, i had to leave this neighborhood which honestly didn't make me happy but after kyle...I didn't find this place bad anymore. But now even this is slipping away.

I need to sleep right now otherwise my mind is going to burst.
I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to my dreamland.
Today was killing for sure.

———————————————————————————

"Sophia we all are going with you whether you like it or not" Ryan said seriously.

"And i have made it clear that none of you will follow me. I don't want to ruin your guy's future because of my stupidity". I said feeling irritated. These guys are stubborn as hell.

"No we are-
"WHY THE FUCK IS IT SO HARD FOR YOU GUYS TO UNDERSTAND THIS!" I screamed at ryan who looked like he wasn't gonna give up without a fight.

"BECAUSE WE ARE YOU GODDAMN FRIENDS SOPHIA AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO ENJOY OUR LIVES KNOWING YOUR SITUATION! WE ARE COMING WITH YOU WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!" He screamed at my face.

"Ryan calm down please. Let's talk about this". Ash softly told him to calm down but Ryan wasn't gonna listen and suddenly he pounced at me, holding my collar.

"Listen here sophia, we are coming with you and that's final! Do you not fucking trust us or what? Did you find new friends? Replaced us so easily?! Me and Claire spoke to our parents anyways and they don't mind it at all." He exclaims angrily still holding my collar.

I pounced back. I wasn't gonna leave without a fight. We both started to hit each other. It was getting ugly.

"HOW FUCKING DARE YOU THINK I REPLACED YOU GUYS HUH! AND WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I DONT TRUST YOU GUYS! UNBELIEVABLE RYAN YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE!" I punched him hard. He punched me too, almost breaking my jaw.

"YOU UNGRATEFUL BRAT WE ALL CARE FOR YOU, ITS YOU WHO DOESN'T TRUST US!-

"PLEASE STOP IT YOU GUYS GET OFF OF EACH OTHER" claire screamed while ash was trying to separate us. He was successful in that and held ryan closely to him. Claire held me from behind as my nose was was bleeding and i had a bruise on my jaw. Ryan's face had bruises too. Maybe i went too hard with the punches.

"CLAIRE DON'T EVEN INTERFERE. THIS WOMAN HAS FORGOTTEN THAT WE ARE FRIENDS LET ME REMIND HER" he was trying to get out of Ash's grip.

"Ryan please stop, wait are you crying?!" Ash exclaimed in shock. My eyes widened. Ryan was crying. Claire couldn't even form sentences at this point. Everything was so overwhelming for everyone.

"Ash she doesn't trust us anymore, s-she probably found new f-friends. W-we all p-promised e-each other to n-never leave and y-yet she is the one doing it"

"Ryan..." I whispered trying to hug him but he backed off.
"No stay away from me...go to hell or wherever you want"
"No...i will not. I'm sorry Ryan...i'm-
I couldn't even finish my words when he pulled me into his embrace and I instantly hugged him back.
"You are so fucking mean! Fighting with your bestie and almost breaking his handsome face!"

"As if you didn't almost break my nose huh...but I think I deserved that punch more than you..."
Soon we felt claire and ash hugging us too.
"Please let us be with you sophia....we promised to be a squad of four and we always will be" ash said sadly.

"How am I supposed to dress up knowing that you won't be there to tease my style huh sophie? Please let us come with you.." claire also said with sadness.

What did i do to deserve such amazing friends? Their grips felt tighter now. None of us were ready to let go.

After a few minutes we broke the hug.

"You look like shit Ryan" i said wiping off the blood from my face.
"You don't look any better miss tiger" he said as he winced in pain.

"Ugh you idiots need medical attention now, come on let's fix your wounds". We all laughed. We went to Claire's place since she lived nearby the restaurant where we all go to eat and catch up. Thankful the restaurant wasn't crowded and nobody really paid attention to the fight since we made up real quick.
They dressed our wounds and occasionally scolded me and ryan. The irony tho, it's always me scolding them and now look at us.

After we were all bandaged, ash spoke.
"We all will be there by Wednesday evening, noah told me that the area where he and tyler are moving to isn't crowded and not many people live there. They bought three flats in the same apartmentblock. We'll be living below the penthouse so moving in shouldn't be a problem". He said and once again I started to feel guilty. Why are they doing so much for me?

"Don't you dare think anything stupid before i break your face again sophia" Ryan suddenly said. Damn how can he read minds huh?

"I'd like to see you try you hoe" i rolled my eyes at him but both of us got smacked on the head by Ash. God who made him the dad of the group huh?
"Okay daddy chill". Ryan said casually and Ash's face heated up so badly. Me and claire chuckled lightly.

"Like i was saying, moving in isn't going to be an issue, our university is really close to the complex so we can just walk there" he completed his sentence. Well at least we didn't have to change our university. That would be a headache all together. We just had to spend three years there. Yet time was moving really slowly.

"Sophs what about kyle?" Ryan asks me. What do i say?
"Nothing much I just have to pretend that he doesn't exist to me. I mean come on who cares huh? Not like there was something going on between us. He needs to stay away from me that's it". I said trying to hide my sadness but these three knew me like an open book.

"But will you visit him?" Claire asks me.
"That's not possible, but tyler said that he'll keep a watch on him." They all nodded but knew how much it was paining me. To not being able to see him, especially when he was fighting for his life. I felt absolutely pathetic. I was keeping my hidden fame first. I'm protecting my shitty parents first. How did it go so wrong?

"Like i've said many a times sophs, we all always have each other's back's all the time, we are in this with you". Ryan says as they all nodded.
I was truly thankful to the heavens for giving me such amazing friends who are now my family.

———————————————————————————

Wednesday came by so fast. My parents already knew i was going to move out. Not much reaction was expected. They just told me to keep my mouth shut and pack my things. IT couple my ass.

After packing the last box, i took a quick glance of the house where i grew up. The memories weren't good at all except for...when kyle came to my place. Our first time cuddling each other, that was the only time this house felt worth living in and now it is all gloomy once again. Like how it was.

Sighing i pick up the last box and put it inside my car. I didn't own much stuff so everything fit in about 5 boxes. Looking at this place one more time, i closed it. Mom and dad were still gonna continue living here. At least i'll be free from a miserable family.

Tyler and Noah were already in their penthouse. Ash, Ryan and Claire were also on their way. The location was far from this neighborhood. My chances of seeing Kyle was only in the university.

I entered the car and took a deep breath. This is it. Forget about him sophia, you guys never really had anything to begin with.

I started the engine and drove away. The gps gave a rough duration of an Hour. Pretty far from this place
Driving was definitely so peaceful. Whenever i felt sad, i take my car and just wander around. Not bothering about the world. Just peace and quiet.

As i was driving, something caught my eye. I stopped the car midway and looked to my left.....CITY HOSPITAL. The same hospital where Kyle is right now.

Every fibre in me was telling to keep driving. Don't look. But yet my hands betrayed me. I reversed the car and drove into the parking area of the hospital. Great Sophia amazing. Such a weak ass you are.

I parked my car and entered the hospital. Sick patients and people in the emergency room, god this is a nightmare. I went towards the reception and asked for Kyle. Thankfully it was visiting hours so they let me in.

I went inside the elevator and pressed the 7th floor. I was getting more nervous. My hands were sweaty. I couldn't stop overthinking at all. I kept playing with the visiting card which hung around my neck. God am I making the right decision or no? Should I head back?

Before I could think anything, the elevator door opened. Taking a deep breath, i got out and searched for his room. After about a minute I came across his room. Room 705,
"Here goes nothing, he is in a coma right now. I'll just see him and go".

I opened the door and....wait a minute he is awake! Wasn't he in a coma?! Oh god. Thankfully he was still lying down but his eyes were slightly open.
He had a plaster over his right leg, a bandage
wrapped around his forehead and a few wires stuck on him. It made my heart break into millions of pieces. But to my bad luck, his eyes were slightly open and he probably heard the door open.
Sophia get your ass out of here.

"W-who i-is it?" He weakly said. His voice. I missed it so much. Unknowingly i missed it so much.
"Hey Kyle....how are you?" There you go I had the fucking guts to ask that.

He slowly sat up, i helped him sit properly. At this point I had zero control over myself. I took him in my embrace and i swear this is the best feeling ever. I just want to take him far away from everyone and everything.

But like they say, nothing goes as planned.
He immediately pushed me away. I tried to hug him again but this time he started to scream and close his ears.

"PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH ME PLEASE I BEG YOU! I PROMISE I WILL NOT DO ANYTHING WHICH UPSETS YOU PLEAS- AAAAAAH! STOP IT IT HURTS! DON'T COME NEAR ME PLEASE!!!"

He started to hyperventilate and then it clicked...he is having the same PTSD attack!
I quickly called for the doctor and nurses. They all ran into the room. The nurses were trying to calm him down while the doctor prepared the injection and injected the medicine into him. He slowly fell asleep.

This is not how I planned on seeing him. This is going south.

"Please stay next to him for the next thirty minutes, he'll regain consciousness by then. The doctor said and soon they all left. I sat on the sofa near the bed and started to pull my hair out of frustration. What is going on? Why is life like this?

I looked at him once again. But this time I didn't dare to touch him. I just looked at him from there. How can I touch this precious human? I don't have the guts to do it.
I spent the time just watching him.

Soon thirty minutes passed and a little later, i saw him slowly open his eyes. I pressed the bell to call the nurse. Two nurses entered the room and checked his vitals. They raised his bed slightly and as soon as we made eye contact, he started to get scared again. What the hell? What is happening to him?

I took a few steps towards him and he instantly grabbed one of the nurses hands and looked away in fear.
What-what is happening?!

"Kyle, dear do you know who she is?" The nurse asked him softly.

"No-no I-i don't know who she is, who are you?please just don't come ne-near me. P-please d-don't h-hurt me". He quivered in fear and once again I felt the earth stop spinning.

He doesn't know who i am?

The second nurse took me to another corner and asked me,
"Ma'am are you related to him? What is your relation with the patient?"
My breath was getting uneven, he-he doesn't remember me? The worst part was that, He is afraid of me.

I shakily took a deep breath and said.

"I-im not related to the patient in any way. I'm nothing to him".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

909K 28.5K 82
This is a story of two broken souls who were brought together by one's lust and other's fear. Sophia She was young, innocent, loving and pretty with...
410K 11.8K 44
in which a shy florist falls in love with a flirty mafia boss. ┈┈┈┈․°?°․┈┈┈┈ gwendolyn westbrook has spent her life filled with schoolwork and stress...
68K 3.3K 46
[COMPLETED] Three years ago, she ran away from something she doesn't want to go back to, and never looked back. But that doesn't mean she's safe. 21...
51.7K 686 20
"P...please stop... I... I can't anymore... S...stop..." "I don't know the word 'stop' baby girl, I am not done yet. I need this so badly right now...