From Beyond The Shadows | Tee...

By LytleLadibug

Sofia Dellucci, a kunoichi living with her uncle in New York, comes across four mutant turtle brothers. She g... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 18

133 6 7
By LytleLadibug

"I was beginning to think you were a no-show, but you don't disappoint."

Karai turned around on the roof of the Byerly building to see Leo standing on the edge.

"So what's this about?" The blue clad turtle questioned as he strode towards her cautiously.

Karai tossed a pair of binoculars to Leo and he caught them with ease.

"That," Karai said, pointing to a window in a nearby building.

Leo used the binoculars to see what she was pointing to. His eyes widened when he saw a katana sitting on a stand on display. "That's the sword of Miyamoto Musashi."

"The greatest swordsman in the history of Japan. It's ancient. It's priceless. And it's yours," Karai spoke slowly as she came up behind him. "If you help me."

Leo bit the inside of his lip. "Do what?"

"You know what," Karai replied with a chuckle. "We're going to steal it."

"No, we're not."

"Come on, that sword is just sitting there, collecting dust. You know you deserve that katana certainly more than some lazy rich guy," Karai tried to persuade, leaning over his shoulder. "Stop being responsible, Leo. Stop waiting for people to give you the life you want. Go out and take it."

Leo paused for a moment. He wanted to impress this girl, but every bone in his body said this was wrong. "No."

"I'm getting that sword, Leo, with or without you. Choose," Karai spoke, resting her hands on her hips.

You fight for good. I really admire you, Leo. Don't forget that.

He thought about what Sofia had said to him and he straightened his shoulders. "I can't. It's wrong."

Karai frowned as she reached for the hilt of her sword. "You're starting to bore me."

"Karai, you don't have to do this," Leo said quickly as he grabbed her hand, stopping her from grabbing her sword.

"I know. That's what makes it fun!" She twisted Leo's arm, shoving the turtle down to the ground with his arm behind his shell.

"Leo!"

The blue clad turtle looked up to see Raph running towards him with Sofia close behind.

"Wha- what are you doing? Who's she?" Raph questioned.

"Um, Uh, Raph, Karai. Karai, Raph. Sofia, Karai. Karai, Sofia," Leo introduced awkwardly, still shoved into the roof.

"What are you, friends with her? We're out there risking our necks, and you're up here holding hands with the foot!" Raph scolded.

Sofia's expression stayed the same as she nudged Raph. "Let him explain."

"Yeah! I can explain," Leo said quickly as Karai let him up.

Karai snickered as she crossed her arms. "This should be entertaining."

"You see, Karai and I share an appreciation for the fine craftsmanship of-" Leo started to nervously explain before a Growling noise caught all their attention.

"I found you, turtles!"

Snakeweed climbed up onto the roof and Leo let out a breath as he drew his katanas.

"Oh, thank goodness," the oldest turtle mumbled.

The four all had to jump out of the way as one Snakeweed's vines swung at them.

"All is forgiven. You're the leader again. Welcome back," Raph said quickly as he gripped his sais tight.

"You called Sofia?" Leo scolded as he slashed at the vine coming towards him. "She and April were having girl night!"

"It's fine, Blue," Sofia said quickly as she rolled out of the way, trying not to get stomped on.

"Mikey got hurt and you were no where to be found! What was I supposed to do?" Raph defended himself.

Leo just huffed before a vine was wrapped around his wrist, making him lose his grip on his katana. He used his other blade to cut the restraint, but another vine wrapped around his torso and jerked him back. He lost his second sword and grabbed onto the stairwell cover to keep himself from being dragged towards the monster.

Raph grunted as he was flung off the ground, held up by one leg. He tried swinging at the giant plant mutant, but to no avail.

Sofia tried to free Raph from the vine he was being held by, but she became entangled in a vine that wrapped around her arms and torso. She couldn't maneuver her wrists to move her katanas, rendering her useless as she struggled against her prison.

Leo saw Karai standing off to the side, watching the whole debacle play out in front of her. "Karai! Karai, please! Help!"

Karai's lips pulled into a smirk. She grabbed her sword and launched it at Leo.

The turtle clenched his eyes shut before realizing that the blade didn't hit him. He looked up to see that the sword was embedded in the wall above him.

"Sayonara."

With that, Karai flipped off the roof, disappearing without another word.

Leo clenched his teeth before letting go of the stairwell cover, grabbing onto Karai's sword instead. As Snakeweed pulled Leo towards himself, the turtle tugged the sword from the wall and used it to slice through the tentacle vine that held him. He used his momentum to kick Snakeweed in the face, knocking him off balance.

Raph was able to slashed through the vine that held him while Leo freed Sofia.

"Guys, follow me. I got an idea," Leo said and Sofia quickly nodded.

"You're the boss," Raph agreed, following Leo down the fire escape that sat on the side of the building.

They began running towards a building that read 'Chilly Chillkins' on the garage.

Snakeweed jumped down off the roof and landed in front of them. He shoved the three back against a wall across the street with a ear piercing screech.

Raph grunted as he sat up, looking over to Leo. "Now what?"

"We charge him," Leo replied as he stood up, his eyes narrowed on their target.

"Really?" Sofia questioned as she gave him a nervous look.

Leo gave a quick nod. "Trust me. Let's move."

The three ninjas ran at the giant mutant, making him focus on all three of them at once.

Leo flipped over the vines that flew around him before he jumped up, landing a hit on Snakeweed's chest.

Snakeweed stumbled, but quickly got his bearings straight before Sofia slashed at his arms.

Raph stabbed at the vines that were hassling him. He jumped up and let out an angered growl as he slammed his leg down on Snakeweed's head.

Leo grabbed one of the tanks of nitrogen, preparing to use it against the giant weed monster. He was smacked to the side, landing in the pile of nitrogen tanks.

Sofia saw his plan and charged forward, trying to give Leo an opening. She sliced Snakeweed's tentacles as they came at her, not letting him get her like last time.

Leo quickly grabbed one of the tanks and leapt over Sofia, shoving the canister into the monster's mouth.

Snakeweed screeched as he tried to crush the tank with his jaw.

"Raph, now!" Leo ordered.

Raph hurled his sai at the tank, making the nitrogen explode with force.

The chemical froze the giant mutant, making his plant body turn to ice.

Raph launched himself in the air before coming down on the frozen mutant. "Booyakasha!"

The force of the blow shattered Snakeweed into pieces.

Raph grinned, looking over their victory. "Nice work."

"Thanks. Good to be back," Leo said as he smiled.

"And, uh... sorry," Raph mumbled under his breath.

"What did you say? I couldn't hear," Leo teased.

"I said I'm sorry!" Raph yelled which made Leo and Sofia stiffened at the loudness.

Leo gave a small chuckle. "Apology accepted."

🍕

"Mmm, pepperoni," Mikey mumbled as he woke up to the sweet aroma.

Leo grinned as he let Mikey eat the pizza he had previously been dangling in his brother's unconscious face. "Works every time."

"Mikey! Don't scare me like that, buddy!" Raph said as he shook his little brother. "I thought we lost you."

Mikey groaned as he held his head. "Dudes, I had the weirdest dream. I dreamt the stuff in the sewer was made out of..."

"Eh, forget about it, Mikey. It was just a dream," Donnie said quickly.

Raph pulled Leo off to the side for a moment. "So, what's with the girl who tried to kill you?"

"She didn't try to kill me. She saved me," Leo replied with a smile.

"She threw a knife at your head."

"She threw a knife near my head," Leo corrected as he pulled out the blade Karai had left behind.

"She's in the Foot clan," Raph reminded.

Leo shrugged. "Nobody's perfect"

He walked back towards the living room and saw Sofia give him a small smile as she walked towards the exit. He frowned a bit as he ran over.

"You're leaving already?" He said as he caught up to her.

"I just came to make sure Donnie and Mikey were okay. April's waiting for me," Sofia said, her voice softer than normal.

Leo picked up on her tone and nudged her lightly. "You okay? You seem off tonight."

Sofia just shoved her smile back on her face. "I'm okay, Leo. Just tired."

"If you say so." He didn't fully believe her, but he didn't want to push.

"Look, I wanted to tell you before back at April's, I trust you. You said that you sensed good in that girl, Karai, right?"

He perked up, her smile returning as he nodded.

Sofia felt her spirits fall when he brightened at the mention of her name. "I trust your judgment. Just promise me that you'll be careful. I don't want to see you get hurt."

Leo nodded his head again quickly. "Thank you! I knew you of all people would understand! You're the best!" He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a quick hug.

Sofia's smile wavered as she returned his hug. "I know. I'm pretty awesome, aren't I?"

The turtle chuckled before turning to go back into the lair. "You should go get some rest now. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah!" Sofia nodded before giving a little wave. "See ya."

She watched him run back into his home before she wrapped her arms around herself.

She took a deep breath and forced herself to keep smiling. There was nothing to be done. She knew she shouldn't dwell on it, but she couldn't help but feel so disheartened.

The moment she decided that she should say something about her adoration for the blue clad turtle, fate decided to pull the rug from beneath her feet. It felt like the universe had just smacked her in the face.

She silently cursed her mind for pitying herself. She smacked her cheeks before letting out a huff and marching back to April's.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.2K 2.8K 25
*This series is set in the 2012 version but does not follow the canonical timeline; this series will have many references to events that happened in...
90.2K 2.3K 25
Subsequent to the battle of the turtles vs. Shredder, Leonardo gets captured. After being tortured and with little to eat or drink in a small cell, S...
18.5K 621 18
Y/n l/n and her younger sister live a fairly normal life. That takes a turn however when their paths cross a certain mutant dressed in a blue mask. ...
2.9K 78 16
(This is my first ever making a TMNT 2014/2016 story so I hope you enjoy!) Riley and her sister Madison are huge fans of Teenage mutant Ninja turtles...