A whole new World Reboot (Ear...

By BaccaGod7

Y/n L/n a boy with a interesting life growing up. Having Silver eyes, wolf ears and tail in a world that neve... More

A new World to Explore
Shining Beacon
Initiation
First Day
Jaunedice
Never do this
A Unexpected Surprise
The Stray
The Surprise Party
Best Day Ever
Investigation
Just Dance
Mount Glenn
Phantom Pain
Unknowns
The Fall

No Brakes

283 8 3
By BaccaGod7

I slowly stir as I her the girls talk about their reasoning on being a Huntress.

Yang: Blake, are you awake?

Blake: Yeah.

Yang: Why do you think he asked us about being a Huntress? Like, what was he trying to say?

Blake: Maybe he was just curious.

Yang: You think?

Blake: No.

Yang: Weiss, are you awake?

Weiss: Of course I'm awake! You two are talking. And I think he... When I said I wanted to honor my family's name, I meant it. But, it's not what you think. I'm not stupid. I'm fully aware of what my father has done with the Schnee Dust Company. Since he took control, our business has operated in a... moral gray area.

Blake: That's putting it lightly.

Weiss: Which is why I feel the need to make things right. If I had taken a job in Atlas, it wouldn't have changed anything. My father was not the start of our name, and I refuse to let him be the end of it.

Blake: All my life, I fought for what I thought was right. I had a partner named Adam. More of a mentor, actually. He always assured me that what we were doing would make the world a better place. But of course, his idea of a perfect future turned out to be not perfect for everyone. I joined the Academy because I knew that Huntsmen and Huntresses were regarded as the most noble warriors in the world. Always fighting for good. But I never really thought past that. When I leave the Academy, what will I - how can I undo so many years of hate?

Yang: I'm sure you'd figure it out. You're not one to back down from a challenge, Blake.

Blake: But I am! I do it all the time! When you learned I was a Faunus, I didn't know what to do, so I ran! When I realized my oldest partner had become a monster, I ran! Even my Semblance! I was born with the ability to leave behind a shadow of myself; an empty copy that takes the hit while I run away!

Yang: At least you two have something that drives you. I've just kinda of always, gone with the flow, y'know? And that's fine, I mean, that's who I am. But how long can I really do that for? I wanna be a Huntress, not really because I want to be a hero, but because I want the adventure. I want a life where I won't know what tomorrow will bring. And that'll be a good thing. Being a Huntress just happens to line up with that. I'm not like Ruby, she's always wanted to be a Huntress. It's like she said, ever since she was a kid, she'd dreamt about being the heroes in the books. Helping people and saving the day, and never asking for anything else in return. Even when she couldn't fight, she knew that's what she wanted to do. That's why she trained so hard to get where she is today.

Weiss: Well, she's still just a kid.

Blake: She's only two years younger, and Y/n turned 17 recently. We're all kids.

Yang: Well, not anymore. I mean, look where we are! In the middle of a warzone and armed to the teeth!

Blake: It's the life we chose.

Weiss: It's a job. We all had this romanticized vision of being a Huntress in our heads! But at the end of the day, it's a job to protect the people! And whatever we want, will have to come second.

I finally sit up, and they seemed to notice me getting up.

Y/n: At least you all figured out your reasons.

Yang: What about you, then did you figure yours out?

Y/n: I think it's similar to Ruby's, except mine stems from the games I played most if not all was a type where you are the hero. I know a few that had a type of morality system where certain actions would be considered heroic and stuff I always went down that route. I never really went the villain route. I just couldn't stomach it most of the time.

I felt satisfied with my answer and lay back down to get as much sleep as possible.

Timeskip

I was suddenly woken up by Zwei's barking. I slowly got up and noticed Ruby was gone.

Blake: What's going on?

Oobleck: Grab your weapons! Your leader may be in trouble.

We did what was said and followed Zwei, the corgi of doom and cuddles, to a hole in the middle of the street. We noticed Ruby's scythe me being more worried than my fear of heights. I fired my grappling hook and descended into the hole after her ignoring what they said.

Oobleck: (slowly getting distant) Oh my. Of course. Of course! Of-

I slowly descend down slightly, wondering how much wire I have for my grappling hook. Surprisingly, I have a lot to the point that I hit the ground with how much I used. I checked my surroundings when everything seemed clear. After a moment, I pointed my prosthetic up and turned the flashlight mode on and off a few times to signal its clear. If they saw it or not, I decided to start searching each empty road till I find someone. Specifically, a lone white fang grunt I slowly sneak up on him and hit the back of his head hard with my prosthetic arm, hard, knocking him out. After a bit, another was rounding a corner as I swiftly maneuvered to get behind him with one of my swords beneath his throat.

Y/n: (Batman voice) Where is your base? Talk or your life.

W.F. Member: It's at the train tunnel.

Y/n: (Batman voice) Directions!

W.F. Member: Just follow the big main street it has railway tracks.

Y/n: Thank you.

I swing my fist at his head, knocking him out. I proceed to make my way over there, making obvious markings so I can be followed by the rest of the team and Oobleck. Once there I stuck to the shadows which in hindsight may as well be a useless strategy against other Faunus but stuck with it anyway. Slowly making my way down to where I can see a train. I could see Ruby behind Torchwick as I got closer. Soon I started hearing explosions as I look back as saw smoke coming from where I came out earlier. I got closer to Torchwick and Ruby as another explosion went off.

Roman: What is going on here?!

I soon was able to see the team coming out. So I made my move as I see Ruby shove Roman's hat down on his head. I change my swords to their shotgun form.

Y/n: Say goodbye to your kneecaps, chucklehead.

I fired both my shotguns at his legs as he stumbles backwards as it hits him, and he couldn't see. I start running behind Ruby, trying to get back to the group.

Roman: Somebody kill them!

The white fang members fired multiple shots at us but made a wall off fire so they couldn't see where to shoot. I saw Ruby slow down in front of more White Fang before they were blown away by Yang.

Yang: Ruby.

I managed to reach them.

Weiss: Are you okay?

Ruby: I'm fine. I'm fine.

Y/n: Same.

Ruby: Listen, Torchwick's got all sorts of weapons and robots down there.

Blake: What?

Ruby: Androids, mechs they're all loaded up on the train cars.

Oobleck: Ahhhh, that's ridiculous. These tunnels are sealed, the tracks lead to a dead-end.

Roman or white fang member: (across a speaker system) Get to your places. We are leaving now!

The train starts moving towards the tunnels.

Yang: Well, it sounds like they're going somewhere.

Ruby: We need backup. Let me call Jaune.

Ruby's Scroll flashes "Low Signal."

Y/n: Jaune was your idea of backup.

Ruby: I can't get through!

Weiss: So, what do we do?

Oobleck: I believe we only have one option...

Ruby: (turning around) We're stopping that train!

We proceed to give chase after the train before we climb onto the caboose. Oobleck knocking out a white fang member as he reports.

W.f.m: I think they're on the-

We climb through the upper hatch to get to the roof of the train to get to the front faster.

Oobleck: Hurry, children! We must get to the front and stop this train!

Weiss: Err... Professor?

Oobleck: Doctor...

Weiss: (pointing down a hatch into the train) What's that?

Oobleck: (kneels down to take a look) That my dear... appears to be a bomb.

We turn back to the front.

Ruby: We got baddies.

Y/n: Would've sounded better if you said company.

We could see a lot of whit fang climbing onto the roof of the train.

Oobleck: Well, I didn't expect them to go-

The bomb underneath us charges up and starts beeping.

Oobleck: -easy on us. (stands up) Time to go!

As we start running away, Oobleck stops Blake.

Oobleck: Blake! Detach the caboose! It will kill us all!

Blake: On it.

Blake jumps down onto the connectors and gets ready to cut the connection, but as she does, the connection comes loose on its own.

Blake: Huh? (looking up at Oobleck) It decoupled itself!

Oobleck: What?!

Yang: I guess he really doesn't want us on this train.

Oobleck: That's not good...

Y/n: Uh neither is another bomb...

I was pointing at another bomb through the hatch I opened. Oobleck ran past us to the next train car.

Oobleck: They all have bombs.

The bomb beneath me started turning on, and the car was decoupled. we ran and jumped to the next car.

Yang: This doesn't make any sense.

Y/n: Yeah, I think fight first, make sense of this afterwards.

I ready my swords as I focus on my target. I charge at an upcoming W.F.M. I go for an upper slash, which he ducked under, which gave me an opening to swing my other blade from the ground up, knocking him on his ass. I then engulfed my blades in flames and sent the flaming cross at the approaching hostiles. A few moments later, I see coming through sweeping up the rest of the White Fang on our current train car.

Oobleck: He's leading Grimm to the city!

Weiss: What?

Oobleck: It's the cars! They detach and explode, creating openings for the Grimm!

Blake: That's insane!

Another train car detaches itself.

Oobleck: We have to hurry! You four, go below, and try to stop those bombs!

Ruby: What about us?

Oobleck: We're going to stop this train.

Ruby: Yeah, I know. I said that earlier.

We listen to the good doctor and enter the train car.

Yang: I guess this is what we trained for.

Weiss reaches into her pouch and gives Blake a magazine filled with Dust vials.

Weiss: Here, this should help you.

We start running towards the next car when we see Umbra form himself out of the shadows.

Y/n: He's mine. we got unfinished business.

They easily pass without me having to intervene.

Y/n: What is your fixation with me?

I ready w/n with one in its shotgun form as I see him pull out a katana.

Umbra: You're simply in my way to happiness.

Y/n: Just as cryptic as before.

I rush him with my blade, colliding with his, I bring up the other weapon in my other hand, ready to fire point blank into his leg. If I bring it too high, he'd back away. Though he must have figured out what I was doing and backed away as the shot was fired. I quickly transform it back to the blade as I engulf my swords in flames once more as I wait for the next move. He rushed me this time with a diagonal swing, which I caught between my blades it soon turned into who could push who back.

Y/n: (thought) It's as if he doesn't have much practice with that weapon. If he did, he would more likely floor me in a sword fight. Let's see what happens if I turn up the heat.

I try and make my flames hotter. Ruby told me after I engulfed my blades the first time that my weapons were designed to withstand high temperatures because of my semblance. My flames slowly grew brighter and hotter. They weren't affecting me, but it was affecting him and his katana. He backed away, sheathing it, and brought out his kunai. A simple counter was to make a wall of fire for him to not see his target but not a single kunai came my way. I dropped the fire wall after half a minute to figure out if he was waiting for me or buying time to think, but h3 was gone.

Y/n: Damn his shadow semblance bullshit. I should-

I was suddenly tossed around clearly from the train crashing with one crate going straight towards my face, knocking me out.

Timeskip

I slowly woke up to hearing multiple growling and metal creaking sounds. I notice a beowolf claw trying to peel the metal walls back. Doing what I can I grab my swords and open portal under me to Ruby. It pretty much dropped me above and behind her and the team.

Y/n: Ow.

Ruby: Y/n, you're okay.

She helped me up as I look around a see the fight was already over but there's a new face.

Y/n: Who's ow he?

Yang: He calls himself Jack.

Weiss: Introductions can be done later. You need to get checked out.

Y/n: Yeah, yeah, I can't bring your grades down if I'm not able to attend classes.

I just get smacked by Weiss for my comment, and Blake has just been eyeing Jack since I dropped in.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Bacca: Alright, Onward to Volume 3 for this book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.7K 670 40
This is a Ruby X Male Reader, this one starts with a boy, born with the powers of electricity, he uses it to move quickly, uses it to attack, and now...
476K 7K 51
The story of a boy, which people only know as the brother of one of the strongest Huntsman, finally making himself known. His whole life he was in th...
2K 106 32
A young White Wolf Faunus finds himself caught up in an adventure with consequences bigger than he could ever imagine. MaleReaderX Yang Highest rank...
15K 209 25
Y/N has always been treated the same as any other Grimm a mindless monster which couldn't be further from the truth after the death of His Family he...