Sold Out Of Love | Rafe Camer...

By lauvergirl

๐ˆ๐’๐‹๐€ ๐Œ๐€๐ƒ๐ˆ๐’๐Ž๐ | moved beside the Camerons after her father, Mark Madison had became business partne... More

๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ง๐๐š๐ฒ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ 
๐ฆ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ
๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฒ ๐›๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ก๐๐š๐ฒ, ๐›๐ž๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ
๐๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฆ๐ž
๐ฐ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐›๐š๐›๐ฒ?
๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž
๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ˆ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐
๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก ๐จ๐ซ ๐๐š๐ซ๐ž
๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ ๐ฌ
๐›๐จ๐ฒ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ
๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ
๐๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฆ๐ž๐ฆ๐›๐ž๐ซ
๐ข ๐ ๐จ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ
๐๐š๐ฒ๐๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ 
๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž
๐œ๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐ฌ
๐ฆ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐
๐ฎ๐ง๐Ÿ๐š๐ข๐ซ
๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ข๐Ÿ
๐€๐ฎ๐ ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ
๐œ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ž๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ
๐ฐ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ
๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐›๐š๐›๐ฒ
๐ˆ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐จ
๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ
๐ก๐š๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ
๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง๐ 
๐›๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง ๐š๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง
๐†๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ก
๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ
๐–๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฒ
๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ข๐ง
๐Œ๐š๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ž๐
๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž, ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž
๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐ž๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง
๐๐š๐๐๐ฒ'๐ฌ ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ
๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐จ๐ง ๐›๐š๐›๐ฒ
๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž
๐ข๐ง๐ฏ๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐ 

๐ ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐ฅ๐ข๐š๐ซ๐ฌ

1K 6 9
By lauvergirl

July 8th, 2021.
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

My head ached from the alcohol that I had drank from last night. I pushed myself up from the soft bed and looked around, noticing that Rafe was still asleep. I smiled to myself despite the slight sickness that formed in my body — thinking about how lucky I had became to end up with him. Kicking my bare legs over onto the floor as I stood up onto the wooden floor, being quite enough to walk towards the bathroom that I had showered in last night. The feeling of throwing up erupted in my throat as I pulled my curly hair back for myself, sitting beside the toilet as I threw up the alcohol from last night. Heavy amounts of the alcohol poured out of me that was excessive than I ever had before. Tears formed out of my eyes from the hatred of feeling sick, wishing that I didn't give into the anger from JJ dancing with someone that I didn't even know.

I rocked myself as I wiped the side of my mouth with the back of my hand in embarrassment. The creaking of the wooden boards filled the hallway as Rafe had came into the bathroom, staring at me as I sat on the floor. His eyes formed genuine love while he walked towards me. "Are you okay?" He asked as he squatted down and held the back of my head with his large hand. He had trailed his hand from my head onto my back, in hopes to comfort me from throwing up. I nodded my head at him and looked at him with tears in my eyes. "I'm okay." I told him as he lifted his other hand up to my face, wiping the small tear away from my face. He kissed my forehead. "The alcohol got to you didn't it?" He asked as he had rubbed his hand in circles against my back.

I nodded at him and looked into his blue orbs that were filled with generosity. "I'll go make you something to help you out." He spoke and stood up from the ground, rubbing his tired eyes as he headed out of the bathroom. His muscular back had flexed while he headed out of the bathroom and into the kitchen. I rested my head against my knees and thought about the night that happened between Rafe and I. Although, I had sobered up towards the end of it — I was unsure all that I had done. I hoped that I didn't embarrass myself or say anything that shouldn't have been said. I was more nervous that we could have made a mistake that we shouldn't have made. I stood up from the floor and flushed the toilet that held the immense amount of throw up. I looked at myself in the mirror in disgust with myself, even though I didn't regret sleeping with Rafe or being with him. I regretted the amount of alcohol I drank to not remember what we did — although he did.

I headed out of the bathroom to see Rafe putting pieces of toast into the toaster. He had placed two pieces of sourdough bread into the toaster and turned around to the fridge that held a bunch of drinks inside of it. "I'm sorry you don't feel so good." He spoke as he felt my presence, grabbing a Gatorade out of the fridge and handing it to me. I smiled at him and nodded. "It's okay, it was my fault for getting drunk." I told him and sat down on the small lounge chair that was beside the kitchen. He shook his head. "What are your plans today?" He asked as he ran his hand through his messy hair. I glanced around at the luxury condo that we had stayed overnight in. "I have to meet back up with my friends." I mentioned to him as he narrowed his eyebrows at me in confusion. "I thought you were upset with JJ?" He questioned as the toaster popped up the sourdough bread.

I shook my head at him and bit the inside of my cheek. Opening the Gatorade, I lifted it up to my mouth and forced myself to swallow the drink that he had given me. "Not mad at him but I have to help them out today." I explained to him as he set the toast on a white plate. He handed me the plate while I sat it in my lap. "Thank you." I told him and smiled up at him as he returned the smile, nodding his head. "What do you have to help them with? Maybe I can help them?" He had suggested and looked at me with widened eyes. I bit my bottom lip while tilting my head at him in shock. "And how do you think Sarah would feel if she saw us together?" I asked him while picking up a piece of toast, biting into the crunchiness of the bread. He smiled and looked at me with his blue eyes opening wider than before. He opened the fridge back up, pulling eggs and sausage out to make himself breakfast. He laughed to himself as he turned back to me and thought about what I had mentioned. "You're right." He glanced as I ate the toast that he had made me in order to calm down the nausea that erupted in my body.

"Has your parents texted you or anything?" He asked while clanking pans around with another while he pulled out a medium sized pan. I shook my head while I had shrugged,"The first thing that I did this morning was throw up." I laughed as I chewed against a piece of toast while watching him start cooking in the kitchen. His fingers grasped against two eggs, cracking them into the hot pan. We sat in silence as he was concentrated on cooking his breakfast. I finished my breakfast and stood up off the small lounger that I sat against. Grasping the plate in my hand, I walked behind him and placed the small plate into the sink. I rinsed the plate off from the crumbs that formed from the toast. Turning the sink faucet off, I dusted my hands off onto the large shirt he had given me before wrapping my arms around his waist from behind. I kissed the bottom of his shoulder and watched him cook the food without burning. "Question." He spoke aloud while I rested my face against his shirtless back. "Hmm?" I hummed as my hands rested on his abs that he worked out every evening.

He raised his hand, reaching a white plate from the cabinet and sat it down on the marbled counter top. "You aren't going to get pregnant? Right?" He asked and scooped his food onto the white plate. Narrowing my eyebrows at his question, wondering about last night and what I had told him to do. I rubbed my eyelids with my finger tips in nervousness. "I shouldn't? I haven't ovulated." I told him and leaned against the island that sat in the middle of the kitchen like mine had done in my house. He turned his head in confusion, almost like he was concerned about the idea of pregnancy although I didn't think that it would happen. "What the fuck is that?" He asked as he laughed and turned his body to face me while I laid my hands against the counter to hold myself up. "When a woman releases an egg which is what can get women pregnant. As in, a lot of people try to get pregnant when they're ovulating." I explained to him as he lifted a piece of sausage to his mouth while listening to me talk about the female anatomy. "How do you not know this but have had sex twice?" I laughed at him while he started smirking at me with the small grin he formed when he found something funny. He shrugged his shoulders while he swallowed his breakfast. "I wouldn't know, it was drunken sex and it didn't mean anything." He spoke and bent over the counter, eating the over easy egg that he cooked himself.

Smiling to myself over hearing his words that his sexual relations didn't mean anything to him. It felt like a relief to me that the girls before me didn't hold any ties to his heart. "Are you meaning that what we had meant something?" I asked him and smiled the dimpled smile that made his eyes fall in sincerity. He bent his back in an upward position, towering over me with a large smile forming against his face in relation to me looking at him in awe. He nodded his head at me while finishing his food up from the plate he placed it on. "More than something. We told one another that we loved each other and I meant it." He smiled and sat his plate in the sink. He turned himself back towards me, walking to me with the gentle expression upon his face. He grasped me underneath the arms and sat me on top of the kitchen island in order for me to be face to face with him. He pressed his lips against mine, making my stomach form small butterflies in the lower abdomen. I kissed him back with my hands sitting against his shoulders. He pulled his mouth away from mine and smiled gently with his hands against my tanned and toned thighs.

"We better get you going before your friends send out a police squad to find you." He laughed as he picked me back up off the island, setting me down onto wooden floor he stood on. I frowned slightly with sadness at the thought of leaving him but I promised my friends to help them out over a chunk of gold. He laid his hand on the back of my curly hair and watched me walk away towards the bedroom we had stayed in to grab my clothing from last night. He followed behind me into the bedroom in order to grab a shirt from the drawer, pulling a blue shirt over his muscular body. He ran his hands through his messy hair as I grabbed ahold of my swim suit alongside my shorts and T-shirt that I had worn yesterday. My hand grasped onto the small Fanny pack that I wore yesterday meanwhile grabbing ahold of my phone that was on the nightstand. He grabbed his keys that he sat on the dresser, dangling them in between his hands. I turned back to him while I started to feel like I was the only girl in the entire world from the way he had made me feel.

He grinned as I walked out of the bedroom, him following behind me. He turned the light off in the bedroom while I walked myself to the front door. He opened the door for me due to my hands being full. The warm breeze hit against my tan skin and blew through my hair that sat against my back. Families played in their front yards while others had been gardening. He shut the door behind him, locking the door although he would come back after he drops me off. I had walked towards his car until he cut in front of me in order to open the passenger door for me. I smiled at his sweetness that he treated me with, getting up into the passenger seat. He shut the door and walked towards over to the drivers side while I buckled myself into the leather seat with my clothing sitting in my lap.

8:35 am.

Rafe drove into the gated community where we both lived. He parked in my drive way, looking at me with a smile forming on his face as my car was parked in front of his. "Thank you, my love." I told him and leaned over, kissing his lips before I pushed the passenger door open. He smiled and watched my petite body leaving his car. "I'll text you later. Be safe today." He spoke as I nodded and shut the passenger door behind me. I waved goodbye while I made my way up to the side door that led into the kitchen. My mother stood in the kitchen as Kaia sat at the small table that was for everyday use. "Shit" I mumbled to myself while I had opened the door with my items in my hand while my mother looked towards the door with worry in her eyes. "Young woman." My mom spoke in a stern voice that made me bite the inside of my cheek. "Yes momma?" I asked as Kaia had looked at me with a concerned look against her face while she had played on her iPad.

"You didn't text me where you were." She said and rested her hand against her hip meanwhile the sound of popping bacon echoed in the large home. "I'm sorry. I was with Kiara and we went to a small bonfire last night, then I spent the night at her house." I lied to her with a sincere look formed against my face. I was able to lie about things which is why John B wanted me to help him lie about where the gold came from. I was able to make up believable lies whenever it came to me getting in trouble with my parents or when I was in school — with teachers. I didn't like to lie however, as a teenager it seemed to be beneficial to keep myself alive. She nodded her head at me and glanced back towards the stove to make sure the food wasn't burning. A raging headache had formed against my head as I stared at my mother, waiting for her to respond. "Next time, text me so I at least know you're safe." She mentioned while I started to walk towards the hallway that led down into my bedroom. I pushed my bedroom door open to see JJ, playing on his phone in the moment almost like he was bored.

Closing my eyes, praying that it had been a dream that he was in my room — laying in the hammock that was hung up in my room. "Why are you here?" I asked him and sat my items down on my made bed. Narrowing my eyebrows as he looked over with a smile forming on his face. "Well hello to you too, Izzy." He spoke and sat up in the hammock, putting his phone into the pockets of his shorts. I bit the side of my cheek and thought about the party. Memories of the night were blurred but I could still vividly remember JJ grasping his hands against the blonde girl with her back end grinding on him. I smiled at him and threw myself on my bed, tired from the night. "I dropped your car off and then just decided to stay here because I didn't have a way home." He spoke and threw a small stuffed animal from the hammock, over at me. I flinched as he hit me with the small stuffed dog that looked like Indie and Jack. I covered my face and wiped my eyes with the tips of my finger tips.

I sat up with a giggle forming out of my mouth. He bounced himself up and smiled widely against his mischievous face. "Did you get that girl's number?" I asked him and tilted my head, staring at him while his blue eyes matched with my green eyes. He narrowed his eyebrows and bit his bottom lip. "Absolutely." He laughed and ran his fingers throughout his hair. Glancing around the room to avoid looking at his face that seemed to indicate his happiness with the smile. "Happy for you." I told him and gave him a thumbs up. I stood up from my bed, walking towards the bathroom to see what a disaster I had looked like.  His eyes had followed my petite body while I flicked the light on in the bathroom. I stared at myself in the mirror to see small eye bags form against my tan skin. I turned the faucet on, rinsing my skin from the excess oil that sat on top of the skin barrier. My hands rubbed against the smooth skin before wiping the rest of the water away to avoid dripping all over the floor. I grabbed onto a small hand towel, wiping my face from the warm water and sat it back down on the towel rack that was closest to the shower. "So are you going to tell me where you went off to last night?" He called out as I groaned in annoyance that he was asking questions that didn't relate to him. He was only asking because he cared and I took that annoyance out in the tone that I spoke to him in which made me feel guilty deep down.

Tucking strands of curly hair behind my ears, I had opened the small moisturizer sunscreen that I used on a daily basis. "Went to hang out with my boyfriend." I spoke to him and rubbed the small dots of the sunscreen and moisturizer mixture into my skin, patting gently after rubbing circles. "Oh really? How did that go?" He asked and stood up from the hammock. He walked to the entrance of the bathroom, standing against the door frame while making eye contact with me in the mirror. I brushed my eyebrow hair up with a small brush before curling my eyelashes. "It was pretty good." I told him and smiled a fake smile at him, showing the dimples on my cheeks to make it look believable. Although, Rafe made me felt alive and I loved being with him — deep inside of me, I didn't want to hurt JJ but I also didn't want to make myself look jealous. He nodded his head and laid it against the door frame. He crossed his arms over his chest, the black shirt he had worn fit loosely against his torso. "Do you guys even talk to each other?" He asked and narrowed his eyebrows with judgement forming on his face. I turned to him with my hand leaning against the white marbled counter top. "Yes why?" I responded and flicked the bathroom light off. I headed towards my closet while he followed behind me like a little puppy. "Just wondering." He spoke and sat down on my bed with his hands in his lap. I rummaged through clothing to find what I wanted to wear for the day. My hands grasped against a pair of green denim shorts and an a gray oversized shirt that fit comfortably over my body. A knock came from the bedroom door, making me turn my head towards the door to see Kaia standing with a large grin on her face. "JJ, can you come play with me?" She asked innocently as he smiled and stood up from my bed. "Let's go." He spoke to her in gentleness.

He followed her out of the bedroom, closing my bedroom door behind him. My hands quickly stripped myself from the clothes that Rafe had loaned me as I threw them into the dirty laundry hamper. The tan lines had been more prominent than before from the constant tanning yesterday while I had been outside all day. I pulled new undergarments on against my body before pulling the shorts and t-shirt over my body. I had tucked the oversized shirt upward underneath my bra before I had checked myself out in the mirror that sat near the bathroom. Nodding at myself in approval, I sat down on the floor and pulled dirty white converse over my feet after I pushed black socks up my bare feet. I felt sickness form in my stomach during the moment, I tried to talk myself away from feeling the illness until I stood up and headed into my bathroom. My body pushed more alcohol out of my system as I had made the slight disgusting gagging noise while I had thrown up inside the toilet bowl.

Tears formed in the corners of my eyes as I wiped the outside of my mouth with the back of my hand. I stood up from the floor, pretending that nothing had happened. I flushed the toilet and washed my hands before heading out of the bedroom with my phone in my back pocket. I walked towards Kaia's room where the door had been wide open. I heard laughter and noises come from the room. Peaking my head in, JJ sat on the carpeted floor playing Barbie's with Kaia. She had forced him to be one of the girl Barbie's she had, acting sassily to him. I smiled to myself as I saw JJ move the barbie around and laugh as he came up with an argument to use against Kaia's barbie. "How dare you!" Kaia said as she took the plastic barbie hand, slapping JJ's barbie across the face. I tucked the curly hair behind my ear and leaned against the white door frame. "I didn't mean to kiss your boyfriend!" JJ argued back with the nine year old that seemed to love her older sisters best friend. JJ had known Kaia since she was born. We were nine years old when my mother gave birth to Kaia, he had stayed the night multiple times a month to help out with Kaia but mostly because we were his home most of the time due to his dad being an awful parent.

"Ready J?" I asked him and laughed as he turned towards me in embarrassment. His cheeks heated up in a pink color as he had sat the Barbie down on her back. He stood up from the floor and wiped his hands away on his shorts. "I'm sorry, kiddo. I'll come back later to play with you again." JJ mentioned to Kaia as he rubbed the top of her head with the palm of his hand. She had looked at me in sadness that JJ was going to leave with her older sister, leaving her to not have anyone to play with in that moment. "See you later." I told Kaia and smiled at the young girl as she nodded at us with a smile against her own face. JJ followed my petite body out of the hallway, hearing my mother speak to someone on the phone. "You have my keys?" I turned to him and look at him with concern. He nodded as he pulled the keys out of the pocket of his shorts, dangling them in front of my face. "Mom, we're heading out to Kiara's." I told her while she held the cell phone up to her ears. She glanced towards JJ and I, holding her hand up to give us a thumbs up. She put the phone on her chest and opened her mouth to speak. "Be safe please. I love you." She smiled and put her phone back up to her ear. I nodded at her and headed towards the side door. "Love you." I called out behind myself as I opened the backyard door, holding it open for JJ and I to walk out of. "Love you, Mrs. Madison!" JJ giggled as she shook her head at us and laughed gently to herself. JJ shut the door behind him while following me around like a lost puppy.

We walked in silence to the Branco that sat unharmed in the driveway. He had thrown the keys to me after he unlocked the car, jumping into the passenger seat. I caught the keys and pushed them into the ignition. The revving of the engine flooded the environment from the annoying noise that it created from how old it had been. JJ buckled himself into the leather seat and sat comfortably while he watched me step on the break with gentleness as I pulled the stick to reverse. He watched my movements, watching me be concentrated on what I was doing during that moment. "What did you guys do last night?" JJ questioned while I held my hands against the steering wheel and headed out of the gated community that surrounded my home. I sat there in silence as I narrowed my eyebrows in pure confusion as to why he cared so much about what I did with Rafe. "Nothing really, just watched a couple of movies and then fell asleep." I told him and glanced towards him, looking at him stare at me with sincerity in his eyes. He nodded his head and turned back to staring at the road ahead.

The breeze flew throughout our hair, creating a messy look that seemed like we had been swimming all day. I turned the small knob of the radio to kill the awkwardness that formed between us during the car ride. Tunes from Bob Marley echoed throughout the large vintage car that made me happy to own despite the issues it had. JJ slipped his hat off of his head, running his large hands throughout his hair before putting his hat on backwards again. "Does he treat you well?" JJ questioned out of randomness that had taken me by surprise. I turned the radio down and glanced at him, coming to a stop after driving clear across town to where JB had lived. "Yeah, why?" I asked and pressed on the gas with slight force while heading right down a path that led to John B's house. "Just making sure he's being good to you." JJ spoke and smiled a fake grin against his tanned skin. I nodded my head at him and glanced back towards the road, watching the nature that passed by us. My fingers gripped on the bottom of the steering wheel in comfort.

"He is. Saved Sarah from Topper and Kelce last night." I explained to him and leaned my back up against the leathered seat, staring out towards the road. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and turned down the road that John B had lived on, driving the car to the chateau. "I saw that but we were all confused why Rafe had shown up. I could have taken Topper and Kelce." JJ laughed as he ran his hand against his cheek. "Because I wanted him to come get me, he just so happened to see Topper starting a fight." I explained to him again and parked the car beside the Twinkie that was ran down but full of memories. JJ nodded his head. "So you wanted to go because of what?" He asked and narrowed his eyebrows while I had taken the key out of the ignition, unbuckling myself from the seatbelt. "I just wasn't having a good time, plus I was somewhat drunk." I laughed and pushed the car door open, stepping out onto the long grass that covered the driveway. He stepped out of the passenger door and shut the door behind him. "You weren't having a good time?" He asked as he followed behind me after I locked the car, heading towards the porch where familiar voices were coming from. "I just wasn't in the mood to be there any longer." I told him and narrowed my eyebrows at the objects that had been in front of me.

Noises from our friends exploded from the deck of the chateau while they were waiting for us. My feet shuffled against the small steps that led up to the covered deck, opening the door to reveal myself to my friends. Sarah sat beside John B on the couch that John B's dad left on the deck to look more homey. John B wrapped his arm over Sarah's shoulders, looking at me in front of JJ with concern forming in his face. Kiara sat in the egg chair that I usually claimed while Pope sat on a chair in the corner of the deck. "You missed our sleep over last night." Sarah spoke and looked at me with sincerity forming in her brown eyes. A sense of dread formed in my chest, knowing that I had slept with her brother and nonetheless lost my virginity to him. I felt awful for hiding the truth from my friends but I would much rather wait in order to have a strong relationship with him. I smiled at her and nodded my head. "I know! I'm so sorry." I told her as John B looked at me with confusion against his face still, thinking that I could be lying but he didn't want to call it out. I sat down beside Kiara in the egg chair and leaned my head against her shoulder as she rested her hand on my back. "Midsummer is coming up, are you guys going?" Sarah asked with a large smile forming against her tanned face.

Midsummers was a party that was held by Kooks. The event was held at the local golf course, that my dad had owned. I never went to midsummers because my father insisted that it was more of an adult event. That meant that this year, I could attend.

"Working for Isla's dad as a server." JJ commented and crossed his arms while he leaned up against the wooden door frame. I smiled at him and nodded my head. JJ didn't care much if he had to attend, but he only did it because my father asked him to work with a bunch of other high school students that worked for him. "I'm helping my dad cook." Pope spoke and glanced towards me and Kiara with a lovingly written expression against his face. John B ran his fingers through his hair and looked towards Sarah like they had something to announce. "I guess this is a good time to announce it." John B spoke to her out loud which took the four of us by surprise. "Announce what?" I asked with my brows furrowed on my forehead. Sarah smiled and laid her hand against his lap. "We're going to Midsummers together." Sarah explained and glanced around at the rest of us for a reaction. Kiara and I looked at another and back towards them. "We saw that coming." Kiara laughed at her as she tucked her hair behind her ears while looking directly at the blonde haired girl.

JJ started laughing at our sarcasm. "You'll get used to the both of them thinking the same thing." JJ mentioned to Sarah as she nodded her head and tried to avoid laughing. I glanced at the dirty deck that hadn't been cleaned since the hurricane that happened a while ago. "We better get going to the shop to turn the gold in." John B spoke, standing up and heading into the house to find the gold that sat in his father's office in a hidden spot. Sarah held her arms around her legs and stared at all of us in awkwardness from her not being around in our group long enough to know how to approach all of us. JJ pushed the screen door open and headed down from the deck. He headed into the direction of the Twinkie while Pope followed behind him. "What's up JJ's ass recently?" Kiara asked me and looked into my eyes with concern. I shrugged my shoulders in denial. She turned her head and rolled her eyes at me, knowing that out of all people, I should know.

"He's just been super weird." I told her lyingly and looked at her directly in the eyes. Everything in me hated lying to the ones that I loved, it was so painful to do but I wasn't going to tell them about Rafe and I. "JJ gets jealous just when I mentioned that you could get any guy you want." Sarah mentioned and looked at Kiara and I. Kiara nodded her head while rubbing her hands against another. "Because she could." Kiara spoke and laughed as she looked at me with a large grin forming against her brown flawless skin. I shook my head at her and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "That is not true at all, but I don't even know why he would be upset about that. Did you guys see him getting down with that one girl yesterday?" I questioned and widened my eyes while I tried to avoid jealously rising in my blood stream. Thinking about Rafe, the way he had towered over me and the way he was so smooth with his words. Just thinking about him made butterflies form in my stomach. He was just more than perfect. "I saw it." Sarah spoke as Kiara had widened her eyes in shock. "The hell?" Kiara laughed and rubbed her eyes in disbelief. I nodded my head at them and looked down at the wooden floor on the deck. "Full on grinding on him while his hands were all over her." I spoke and laughed slightly, standing up from the egg chair. My fingers brushed down the clothes that I had been wearing before hearing John B slam the front door in front of us. Sarah and Kiara stood up after me with smiles forming on their faces. "What are you guys talking about?" JB asked and looked at us with concern as to why all of us had been smiling. "JJ got down with a girl yesterday." Kiara spoke and laughter erupted from her mouth afterwards almost like she had been in pure disbelief.

Although, JJ could pick up any girl — you would never catch him dancing with girls that he didn't know. He was a charmer and extremely attractive but he preferred to dance with his friends over any other girls. He had multiple girlfriends over the years but he always came back finding something wrong with her that became a deal breaker for him.

"Jesus, Iz and I were watching that yesterday." He spoke and tucked the wrapped piece of gold into the pocket of his black shorts. He dangled the keys to the Twinkie between his pointer and middle finger while he talked to all of us. "He's insane." Sarah laughed as I pushed the door to the enclosure open, walking down the wooden steps onto the grass. Sarah and Kiara followed behind me while John B followed behind them. The grass rubbed against my ankles while walking towards the Twinkie that JJ and Pope stood beside with their arms crossed over their muscular chests. Sarah and Kiara mumbled jokes at another when they saw JJ leaned up against the creme and brown Volkswagen Bus. I smiled to myself as John B unlocked the car, allowing us to crawl in. Sarah sat in the passenger side beside John B, meanwhile Kiara, JJ, Pope, and I sat in the back on the seats that had been ran down and uncomfortable to an extent. John B started the car up, pulling out of the driveway and headed down the street while all of us had been filling the car with laughter and words of how to make sure the plan was going to work.

11:54 am.

John B had pulled the Twinkie beside the curb in the cut side of town. He turned to JJ and I as we sat across from another in the backseat. "Ready to go lie?" He asked while handing JJ the chunk of gold that had been melted down horribly. I smiled at him, pushing the back door open to get out of the car to go into the convenient store in order to exchange the gold for the amount of money that it was deserved for. "Don't let them BS you either." Pope mentioned as JJ crawled out of the car behind me. I nodded my head at them and gave them a thumbs up, walking towards the store with JJ beside me. "Okay, just remember you're pregnant and we're going to elope to Florida." JJ spoke to me with his soft voice to avoid the workers or cameras to hear us. I nodded my head at him, following behind him as he opened the door to the small shop that had been ran down. "Welcome in." The woman that sat behind the counter spoke as she looked towards us. I looked around to play the role, trying to look normal. JJ smiled at the lady and pushed his hand into the pocket where the gold had been. "Babe, I'm going to grab a pregnancy test." I told him to play the role once I caught the view of a pregnancy test down an isle. He nodded his head at me and formed a bright smile against his tanned skin. "Can I help you guys with anything?" The woman asked and smiled at JJ as he nodded his head in response to her question.

"Actually, yes ma'am." He spoke and pulled the piece of gold out of his pocket. Her eyes widened in pure shock while I had watched from the isle. "My fiancé and I found this in a consignment shop. We wanted to see how much money this large chunk of gold could give us." He spoke and lied to her slyly. She nodded her head and held her hand out, allowing JJ to put the melted piece of gold into her hand. She examined the gold with her eyes. I grabbed a small box of pregnancy tests and started to walk towards JJ. Once I made it up behind him, I looked at the woman grasping against the gold piece. Her fingers rubbed on the melted part. "We really need money. We're going to elope and move to florida." I told the woman as she nodded her head at us once again. "Let me go ask my boss." She spoke and took the gold behind the door that led into the back room in which employees could use. I glanced at JJ while my hands grasped against the pregnancy tests.

Within five minutes, the young employee came back from the back room. She held the piece of gold in her hand and handed it back to JJ. "We can't give you the money to this but if you take this piece of gold to our other location, they can give you the money for it." She spoke while she grasped a piece of paper. She wrote down an address on the blank piece, handing it to me with a smile forming on her face. "Thank you, ma'am." I told her and placed the piece of paper in my back pocket. "Want me to ring up the tests for you?" She asked. I narrowed my eyebrows at JJ as he nodded his head, taking the tests out of my hands and putting the box up on the counter. She scanned the box and rung us up with a grin on her face that seemed suspicious. JJ took out his wallet and handed the woman ten dollars to fill the expense of the pregnancy test. "Have a nice day you two." She spoke as I grabbed the box of pregnancy tests and started walking out the door beside JJ. "You too ma'am!" JJ spoke and pushed the door open, allowing me to walk out before him. Once we reached outside where the sea breeze hit us, I looked at JJ with a confused look on my face. "God dammit, what are we going to use the pregnancy tests on." I laughed as he walked beside me with his hands in his pockets.

"Maybe you'll need them when Rafe knocks you up." He commented with an attitude forming in his voice while his jaw had clenched slightly. I rolled my eyes and opened the back door to the Twinkie, throwing the box of pregnancy tests behind where JB sat. I crawled in while Kiara and Pope looked at us in pure concern. "We have to go to some location to get the money." JJ spoke as I handed Sarah the paper that was in my back pocket. She looked at the paper and narrowed her eyebrows, while John B opened the map up that sat beside him. Kiara looked at me and furrowed her brows. "The box?" She asked as she laughed at the box of pregnancy tests that no teenager needed. "Just for the role." I laughed and leaned my head back against the car door in pure tiredness. "You guys are great liars." Pope spoke and ran his fingers against his cheeks with a smile forming against them.

Something had felt odd in that moment but I knew that our life was going to become more eventful once someone found out about the gold that John B had found.

We were as good of liars as we could be.

That wouldn't stop us from issues heading at us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 1.9K 31
๐™๐™–๐™ก๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™š๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช'๐™ง๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™จ๐™ž๐™™๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ก๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๏ฟฝ...
260K 3.5K 21
When she jumped into the fight with Rafe that night, JJ knew he wasn't getting her out of his head. When he came by her house the next day, she knew...
107K 824 48
Mia Thornton, Topper's sister, was close with the Cameron family. It was expected, Sarah was Topper's ex girlfriend and both families being Kooks, ha...