𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 ☆ ᴛ. ᴛᴜʀɴᴇʀ

By mlbtrophywife

"if i'm being honest, i don't think i've ever fallen for anyone as fast as i fell for you." ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .*... More

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞
𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝟎𝟏. 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥
𝟎𝟐. 𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐬
𝟎𝟑. 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧
𝟎𝟒. 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝟎𝟓. 𝐟𝐚𝐯 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥
𝟎𝟔. 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝟎𝟕. 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝟎𝟖. 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐤𝐲
𝟎𝟗. 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞
𝟏𝟎. 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰
𝟏𝟏. 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝟏𝟐. 𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝟏𝟑. 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐮𝐧𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥
𝟏𝟒. 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞
𝟏𝟓. 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚
𝟏𝟔. 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝?
𝟏𝟕. 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬
𝟏𝟖. 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢 𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝟏𝟗. 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤
𝟐𝟎. 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝟐𝟏. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐭
𝟐𝟐. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞
𝟐𝟑. 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚
𝟐𝟒. 𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐬
𝟐𝟓. 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬
𝟐𝟔. 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐚ç𝐚í 𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐝𝐞
𝟐𝟕. 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬
𝟐𝟖. 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐭
𝟐𝟗. 𝐢𝐧 𝐮𝐫 𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭, 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧.
𝟑𝟎. 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧
𝟑𝟏. 𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐤𝐬
𝟑𝟐. 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐝
𝟑𝟑. 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝟑𝟒. 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐧
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝟑𝟓. 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝟑𝟔. 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝟑𝟕. 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬.
𝟑𝟖. 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐟
𝟑𝟗. 𝐢'𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲.
𝟒𝟎. 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝟒𝟏. 𝐬𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐨?
𝟒𝟑. 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝟒𝟒. 𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝 𝐈𝐒 𝐡𝐨𝐭
𝟒𝟓. 𝐫𝐞𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝟒𝟔. 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐩𝐭. 𝟐
𝟒𝟕. 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞
𝟒𝟖. 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲
𝟒𝟗. 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐦
𝟓𝟎. 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝟓𝟏. 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐫𝐤
𝟓𝟐. 𝐝𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞
𝟓𝟑. 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝
𝟓𝟒. 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭
𝟓𝟓. 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤
𝟓𝟔. 𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫
𝟓𝟕. 𝐡𝐞𝐲
𝟓𝟖. 𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟓𝟗. 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞
𝟔𝟎. 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠?
𝟔𝟏. 𝐛𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟔𝟐. 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

𝟒𝟐. 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞

311 8 40
By mlbtrophywife

vanessa told mookie everything. absolutely everything. obviously he was not expecting to hear what he heard, but he definitely was not expecting that from trea.

he was honestly shocked that vanessa would even let cody get that close to her, considering they were arguing like every ten minutes. but since the three had spent the day together, mookie had never seen cody this patient. he kinda wished that cody would act like this all the time because it kept vanessa in a good mood.

mookie tried to stay indifferent to the situation because he hadn't heard anything from trea. he could tell that the other two were annoyed at him, but he really didn't want to pick sides between his friends.

he saw trea trying to talk to cody during the game, but cody wasn't being very receptive whatsoever.

mookie managed to catch trea after their game as the team was leaving. he managed to pull him away from the rest of the group and trailed behind.

"hey, how've you been?" mookie asked.

"i've been better."

"i heard about what happened."

"oh." trea looked down at his feet. he was really trying to not think about it during the game, but when 8/9 of his last ab's were strikeouts, something was obviously up.

"can we talk about it?"

"i guess." trea sighed. he didn't really want to, but he understood that he needed to.

"what did you say to her?" mookie asked.

"god i don't even know. i was a dick, i can tell you that." trea told him. "it's not even what i said, i meant all that. it's how i said it, i got so pissed i couldn't even take a second to listen to her. like obviously she's upset with me for good reason, but like she also needs to realize that this effects me too."

"are you gonna talk to her?"

"i need to give her space. there's a hell of a lot of things i'd like to say, but i know i can't right now." trea said. "does she wanna talk?"

"i don't really  know."

"what do you mean you don't know, you've been with her all day."

"she wants you to listen."

trea paused, "i love her, mookie."

"i know you do."

"you have no idea."

"i don't." mookie placed his hand on the shortstops shoulder "but she loves you."

"i know she does."

"you have no idea, trea."

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

for someone who was so bad at sleeping in  hotels, trea slept like a baby. maybe it's because his dreams was the only place he could actually talk to vanessa, which sounds a lot more pathetic when you think about it.

that was unless she was mad at him in his dreams too.

his eyes shot open, and gazed over at the digital clock on the nightstand. everything was fine up until now.

4:37, great

"fuck you too, imaginary ness." he muttered to himself quietly enough so only he could hear himself. he crawled out of the bed knowing he wouldn't be falling asleep again anytime soon.

he went to the bathroom to splash some cold water on his face, as he did every morning.

trea had too much time on his hands, which was never a good recipe when he could break into a deep spiral at any given moment.

what could be a better idea then lay in bed and scroll through his camera roll.

what an idiot.

it didn't take him long to find some of his favorite photos, mostly the ones of vanessa. he stared at them for a while before deciding that he should just scroll to the next picture, which would also inevitably be of vanessa.

he'd been repeatedly reminded of all the time they'd spent together in only a couple of months. and how they'd become beyond obsessed with each other in such a short amount of time.

he missed her so much. it had only been a few days since they last spoke, but it felt like trea couldn't be himself at any point without her.

he thought about next year, and what would happen if trea didn't come back to la. he knew that he'd rather be on the east cost, but if west coast meant vanessa, then he was all for it.

it felt like the photos never ended. picture after picture after picture of them. it really made him realize that he had a picture taking problem.

after trea finally had enough. he left his phone in his room and made the executive decision that it was time for starbucks.

he felt weird only getting something for himself, so he figured he'd get something for gavin too. but if mookie saw gavin and trea with starbucks, he'd be pissed.

mookie, gav, and me, that's all i'm getting.

"hi, what can i get you?" 5:30 in the morning was way to earlier for trea to think straight, hence the starbucks.

he ordered the drinks for the three of them, like he said he would.

"anything else?"

shit, freddie's gonna want some.

will is gonna be pissed, he lives on starbucks.

should i get some for chris, he's been working really hard lately.

justin deserves some, he's done a lot for us.

wait, what about cody? i don't need him getting anymore upset at me.

oh god, if max finds out..

i should probably get trayce something too.

"uh yeah, a few more things." he listed off a little something for everyone.

ness.

he ordered her favorite coffee, which was inevitably $8. "and can you make that last one a venti?"

trea didn't even spend that much money on starbucks within a month.

the starbucks worker gave him a large tray that was much bigger than one of the flimsy cardboard ones.

he brought the drinks up to the floor of the dodgers and began to bring them to the respective rooms.

he had his last two in his hand, finally getting to cody's room.

"that little bitch." trea muttered to himself as he realized the two had been sharing a room.

he wasn't gonna bother to knock on the door, he knew better. he placed the two drinks outside the door and gave a soft knock at the door, just enough to wake up cody and not vanessa.

he knew it'd make her morning just a little bit better.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

on the other hand, vanessa did not get an ounce of sleep. she was beyond tired, but she just couldn't fall asleep for the life of her.

maybe it was the hotel, maybe it was the temperature, maybe it was cody snoring, maybe it was the thought of cody making out with her.

whatever it was, it was stopping vanessa from getting any sleep.

she stared at the ceiling until the spots on the wall started to move. then she'd glare over at cody to see if he was still sleeping, which he always was, and then back at a different spot on the ceiling.

minutes began to feel like days, and each second was more than an hour. vanessa had to at least occupy herself if she wasn't going to sleep.

she pulled out her laptop from her backpack on the side of the bed and opened youtube.

when she couldn't sleep, her personal favorite was makeup tutorials and true crime. then once she could feel herself falling asleep, she'd watch slime videos. she was always really embarrassed about it but it was one of the few things that could calm her down at night.

she put on her favorite headphones that she'd specifically wear in bed, because they were the only ones she could actually lay down in.

even youtube felt bare. normally it didn't take her long to find something to watch, but she was really struggling this time.

vanessa could only scroll for so long before she ended up rewatching the same true crime story that she'd always resort back to.

her eyes grew heavy around the same part of the video that they always did, and before she knew it, she was long gone. vanessa was out for what seemed to be forever, but was most likely only a few hours.

when her eyes finally gained enough strength to open again, she was rudely greeted by a beam of sunlight in her face, which immediately made her shut her eyes again. she pulled her pillow over her face and rolled around in the bed, which made her laptop slip off the blanket onto the floor.

wonderful.

that forced her to sit up from her comfortable position. her lazy eyes glared across the room, then she realized she was the only one there.

next to her bed was an alarm clock that read 3:07 and a cup of starbucks. she definitely needed the sleep, but she probably needed the starbucks more. she grabbed the iced coffee and immediately took a large sip. it was slightly watery, but she couldn't have cared less.

she figured it was from cody, considering she saw another empty starbucks cup on the dresser.

she looked down at the floor beneath her to find her laptop looking slightly out of shape.

"shit." she muttered to herself. vanessa grabbed the computer and tried turning it on. it did not.

she slammed it shut and threw it back in her bag, hopping she could get it fixed somewhere around. 

unfortunately, she had to be at petco park in 30 minutes. thankfully it was in a 2 minute walking radius. but that meant she had 28 minutes to get ready. she grabbed her phone off the nightstand and read off the texts on her phone.

messages
mook
____________

mook
hi nessy we all went to the field a little early

cody wanted to wake you up but i
told him to leave you alone

ur welcome

nessy
god i just woke up.

mook
everything okay?

nessy
i needed some sleep 👍

mook
glad u got it!

did you get the coffee from trea?

nessy
that was from him?

that was from him?

she was convinced that he was still mad at her. maybe not so much.

mook
yeah, he said he got u something

nessy
oh okay

i'll be there soon.
liked by mook

she was definitely not expecting it to be from him.

vanessa got ready a lot faster than normal. she wore a pair of jeans and a dodgers t shirt that she slept in a lot, because it was treas. at this point she couldn't even keep track of what was hers and what was his. she didn't even realize it was his until she put it on and noticed that it smelt like him. she didn't care enough to change it, nor did she have the time. trea probably wouldn't realized that it was his because vanessa probably has the same one.

she slipped on her favorite sneakers and grabbed her backpack with her broken laptop inside off of the bed and headed out to the field.

when she arrived at the field, she managed to catch roberts while the team bagan to warm up.

"well its nice of you to show up." he laughed at the girl.

she replied with an awkward laugh back, "yeah, im sorry i didn't get much sleep last night."

"oh im just teasing you, trea said that you could use the extra sleep"

"oh, he did?"

"that's what he told me." dave replied. she shrugged it off and swing her backpack to her side, she pulled out the laptop that had a decent crack through the screen.

"so i may have mishap." she tried turning it on for him, "this computer has all of my work stuff on it as well as personal. so now all that's gone forever."

"oh my."

"the beds in the hotel are a lot higher than they may look." vanessa said.

"we will get you a new one carr, consider it a thank you for all your help this year." dave said, then whispered, "they pay me big money

vanessa smiled, "its my pleasure really."

"i submitted the lineup card earlier, i hope you dont mind, i know its your favorite part."  dave told her.

"of course, is there anything you need before the game?" she asked, grabbing a water bottle from the cooler and taking a big sip.

"not really, its been looking like a storm is moving in on us, they haven't cancelled the game or postponed it, and i dont think they plan on it."

"why not? were here tomorrow, we can just have a double header."

"sadly its not our call. i thought id just prepare you so you know." dave said.

"okay thank you."

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

boy was it a storm, by the fourth inning, the grounds crew was fighting with the tarp on the field.

the teams crowded in their dugouts underneath the overhang. vanessa was curled up in the corner trying to write something down on her clipboard as the boys tried to all squeeze onto the bench.

"we cant all fit under here." she said, pulling her legs even closer to her stomach.

"we can try." will said, squeezing himself in between freddie and gavin.

a loud crash of thunder rattled the stadium.

gavin jumped a little in his tight seat. those who were sitting around him were close enough to feel it. they looked over at the boy and laughed a little.

he was genuinely scared.

"gavin are you scared?" will asked with a laugh.

"no!" he paused, "maybe just a little."

they all collectively laughed at him.

"what! i have ptsd." he argued.

"what happened?" freddie asked.

"one time i was on my way home and we were stuck in traffic, then there was this really bad storm and we had to navigate bumper to bumper traffic in really bad weather."

"gavin, i dont think thats ptsd." trea said.

"you know the safest place to be in a storm is in the car right?" justin added.

"my mom said that she watched a car blow away in a storm once." gavin told them.

"was it a hurricane?" trayce asked.

"i dont know!"

"it was most definitely a hurricane." freddie said.

another crash of thunder made gavin jump again.

"you can go inside if you'd like mr.lux." dave said turning towards him. the entire dugout laughed even more than they were before.

"this is not funny. i do not know what you're all laughing at."

"you, gavin." cody said.

gavin stood up, relieving will and justin with a little room to move over. he ignored the group and walked directly inside, into the locker room. they all watched the annoyed boy go indoors. they looked at each other and laughed even more.

"you guys are so mean to him." vanessa said.

"he needs it." will replied.

"im going to go apologize for you idiots." she stood up and followed gavin into the locker room.

"she really feels bad?" cody whispered.

"i guess?" trayce shrugged.

vanessa found gavin in the locker room grabbing a protien bar from his backpack.

"oh, hey ness."

"sorry they were making fun of you." she gave a slight smile.

"its okay, im used to it." he shrugged.

"that's not a good thing."

"enh, i kinda need it sometimes." gavin laughed and handed her a bar.

"all im trying to say is, i get having dumb fears." she sat down next to him.

"my mom didn't actually see a car blow away. its just what i tell people." he said.

"what happened?" vanessa asked.

"my cousin almost died in a hurricane, a huge tree fell on her house and almost took her out."

"shit gav, i'm sorry." she said.

"it's okay, i was really little."

"if it makes you feel better, i used to be scared of planes until i had to fly a ton with you guys." she told him.

"why's that?" he asked.

"my mom died in a plane crash when i was little."

"oh my god, ness. that's terrible. are you okay?"

"yeah, it was a long time ago. it sucks but its all good now." she shrugged.

"all good? your mom fucking died." his eyes widened

"well we dont actually know if she's dead. we never got word, and they never found her body. so she could be out there i guess."

"im really sorry, if you ever need to talk about anything, im always here." he put his hand on his shoulder.

she definitely was not expecting to be sitting here doing this with gavin, but she was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 2.2K 50
This story begins after a one night stand. Completed November 1, 2017 ✓
68.8K 1K 40
Chris falls for his best friend's sister. Completed April 9, 2018 ✓
29.1K 958 82
Jada Scott, a top model, but aspiring clothing line owner, working across the United States. She has roots that lead her to love the game of baseball...
201K 4.2K 72
"You may think I'm in love with the game, but I'm not. I'm in love with you. " Julia Pederson, is the younger sister of the famous Joc Pederson. She...