911/911 Lone Star One Shots

By mrvl-bucky0310

One shots based on the characters from 911 and 911 Lone Star. Mostly going to be angst. Many chapters will c... More

You Came...You Called
Midnight In Austin
Anything For Family
Just Sad
Bad Day
I'm Not Depressed?
You're Hot
Bad Call
I'm Drunk As Hell
I Don't Wanna Talk Right Now
Don't You Get It
We're Okay
Bloody Knuckles
I'm Not Sick
Ask For Help
Food Coma
Playing In The Rain
I Can't Lose Another Kid
I Can't Lose Another Kid, Part 2
Middle Of The Night Comfort
Stomach Flu
Why Are You Bleeding?
Too Busy
Who Am I To Complain
Late Nights and Stained Clothes
Accidents Happen
I've Got You Brother
Fever Dream
Healing Inner Buckley Children
Combative Nightmare
Keep Me Safe From Myself
Mom and Dad
Lesser Of Two Evils
Clingy
We Communicate
I Need A Hug
Like A Son
Ruined Weekend
Tarlos Family

I Really Don't Feel Good

1.6K 32 17
By mrvl-bucky0310

Buck barely made it to the kitchen after showering, dropping to a stool and laying his head on his folded arms. He'd been sluggish and feeling off all shift, but after the last call he really felt awful. He hadn't wanted to admit it but he was afraid there was no hiding that he was sick now.

Bobby immediately grew concerned, setting down the knife he'd been using to chop vegetables and wiping his hands on his apron. He quickly walked around the counter and laid his hand on Buck's cheek.

"You're warm." He informed him, his eyebrows furrowed in concern. "What's wrong? What hurts?"

Buck leaned into his touch, his eyes barely staying open. "Everything."

Bobby guided his head upright and placed his hands on the sides of his neck, feeling for his lymph nodes. "Swollen lymph nodes, too. I'd send you home but you don't look like you could walk to the couch, let alone drive yourself home."

Buck simply groaned, moving his arms to wrap around his stomach and letting his head fall to the cool countertop.

Bobby sighed softly and rubbed his back gently before going back to work on cooking dinner. At least he'd be able to watch him while he cooked.

Almost a half hour later, Eddie, Hen, and Chim walked upstairs. It only took one look at his best friend's slumped form for Eddie to know something was wrong.

"Buck...?" Eddie's voice was suspicious and filled with concern.

Bobby shushed the group as he took dinner out of the oven, gesturing that Buck was asleep.

The three trained paramedics quietly approached Buck, studying him carefully. Eddie placed a soft hand against the back of his neck and felt a fever.

"I think it's the flu." Bobby told them his theory as he took the dish of Mac and cheese to the table. "Couldn't send him home alone like this."

Buck stirred, turning his head to the side and opening his eyes to reveal a worried Chimney sitting beside him.

"Hey buddy." Chim laid a hand on his forehead. "How're you feeling?"

"Horrible." He mumbled quietly, closing his eyes as his head throbbed painfully.

"Sit up, you need to drink." Eddie guided him upright with a hand on his shoulder as Hen placed an open bottle of Gatorade in front of him.

"I got you your favorite flavor, Buckaroo." Hen smiled as him, gesturing towards the orange Gatorade on the counter.

Buck begrudgingly took a small sip of the drink before setting it back down. He leaned into Chimney on the stool beside him. "Am I dying, Chim?"

Chim gave him a smile, hugging him and rubbing his arm reassuringly. "No way, pal. You're gonna be alright."

Buck groaned again, closing his eyes before he was being pulled upright once more. "What now?" He whined, opening his eyes to see Hen with her medical kit beside him. He knew it was Eddie holding him upright.

Hen took his vitals and asked him questions that Buck answered shortly before sighing. "Sounds like the flu."

"Dinner's ready. You guys go eat, I'll make Buck something that'll be easy on his stomach." Bobby stepped into Dad-mode with ease. "How's some rice sound?" He asked Buck, who was leaning his head on his hand.

"Only if it's salty." He stipulated as the three paramedics reluctantly left his side.

"I will make it salty." Bobby assured him with a smile as he pulled the rice from the cupboard.

"Like saltier than Chim when I beat him in Scrabble." He muttered, the group laughing behind him.

"Hey, sick or not, you better watch it." Chimney joked from the table.

Buck must've fallen asleep again because he was soon gently nudged awake by Bobby. "Try to eat a little, bud. And take these."

Buck opened his eyes and saw a small bowl of rice and a few pills in front of him. He took the pills and got about three bites before leaning into Bobby, who had been sitting beside him.

Bobby wrapped an arm around him to keep him from falling off the stool. "I gotcha, kid. Just a little bit longer left of this shift."

"I'll take him home with me." Eddie volunteered, taking his dishes to the sink.

"No! I don't want to get Christopher sick! I won't give him this. I'm not going!" Buck spoke vehemently, sitting up too fast and nearly toppling over. "And I'm not giving it to Jee or Denny so I won't go with you or Hen, either!" He told Chim who looked ready to give the same offer. "I'll go home by myself and I won't get anyone else sick."

"Okay. Okay." Bobby grabbed his arm to steady him. "What about my house? There are no kids living in it anymore, just me and Athena."

"No. Won't get Mama Thena sick, either." He shook his head despite the pain the movement brought him.

"Well, buddy, you're not going home by yourself so pick a house." Bobby sighed softly.

Buck relented and laid back against Bobby's side. "I'll go with you." He gave in quietly.

"Okay." Bobby smiled, happy for the chance to be there for his kid. "Only a little bit longer until we leave, okay? Wanna lay on the couch or your bunk? Might be more comfortable."

"No, comfy here." He stubbornly decided, nuzzling into Bobby's side.

"Okay, buddy." He breathed a laugh, keeping an arm around him securely. It was only another hour before shift ended and thankfully there weren't any calls. Buck had been asleep against Bobby the entire time at the counter.

"Buck, it's time to go buddy. Come on." Bobby nudged him, his eyes flittering awake and looking up at him.

"Pops, I-... I really don't feel good." He moaned, trying to shift closer to Bobby and nearly falling off the seat. Bobby quickly readjusted his hold on him to keep him up.

"I know, it's okay. Come here." He carefully got up and took Buck into his arms, lifting him with ease as Buck's hands clung to the back of his shirt and his legs wrapped around him like an oversized koala.

He carried Buck downstairs to the locker room where the rest of the group was getting ready to leave.

"One of you able to get our stuff for me? My hands are full." Bobby asked, Eddie immediately helping to get their stuff together.

"I'll bring it out to your truck." Eddie insisted, throwing his own duffle around his arm and carrying Bobby and Buck's in his hands.

When they got to Bobby's truck, Eddie set the bags on the floor and Bobby set Buck in the passenger seat. Buck refused to let go of his shirt though.

"Hey, buddy, you gotta let go of me. I'm going to come sit right beside you, okay? You can hold onto me then but I have to get into the truck first." Bobby explained like he was talking to a child, feeling awful when tears sprung to Buck's eyes.

"Hey, you're okay, Buck." Eddie stepped in, taking his hands and unraveling them from Bobby's shirt. Bobby took the chance to quickly get into the drivers seat. "I'll swing by and check on you later, okay?"

"Don't bring Chris. I- I don't want him sick." Buck spoke with all the seriousness he could muster.

"Okay, it'll just be me." Eddie hugged him briefly, kissing the top of his head. "Feel better, buddy."

Bobby gave him a grateful nod before Eddie shut the door. Buck refocused his attention on Bobby, reaching for his arm and holding on tight.

Bobby smiled and let him hold his arm the whole way home, driving with just one hand. When Bobby looked over at him at a red light, he saw tears falling down his cheeks.

"Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong? Why're you crying?" He asked worriedly.

"I don't feel good." He sobbed softly, laying his head on Bobby's bicep. "I- I just want a hug."

The light turned green and Bobby started to drive again. "We're almost there and then I'll hug you all day, alright? Just hold on another minute."

Buck didn't care how pathetic he sounded. He was sick and wanted his dad. Bobby quickly pulled into the driveway and was met with an expectant Athena, who knew from earlier texts that Buck was coming and he wasn't doing too good.

She opened the passenger door and her heart clenched when she saw Buck clinging to Bobby's arm crying.

"Hey Buckaroo. Can you let go of Bobby real quick? Just so he can get out of the truck and come get you." Athena spoke to him like she spoke to her own kids.

A whine escaped him as he reluctantly let go of Bobby's arm. Athena unbuckled his seatbelt and helped him to his shaky feet while Bobby rounded the truck.

As soon as he was within reach, Buck clung to him once again. Bobby hugged him tight, giving Athena a worried glance over his shoulder.

"Can we go inside?" Bobby asked Buck gently, making sure to not let go of him.

"Hug?" Buck whimpered softly, not wanting to be without the comfort of Bobby. He'd spent his whole life touch-starved, sue him if he felt the desperate need for affection and comfort when he was sick.

"I told you, I'll hug you all day. I'm a man of my word." Bobby reminded him, picking him up and carrying him inside.

He went to his and Athena's bedroom and sat back against the headboard, keeping Buck on top of him clinging tight. Athena followed soon after with a trash can, thermometer, medicine, and Gatorade.

"What else do we need?" She asked Bobby, hoping she'd gotten everything. She'd even remember to bring Buck his favorite kind of Gatorade.

"I think you got it all." Bobby smiled at her, his gratitude palpable.

Athena smiled and sat down beside Bobby, running her hand down Buck's back soothingly.

"I'm sorry." Buck sniffled, still crying silently against Bobby's shoulder.

"Hey, don't apologize." Bobby shushed him softly. "We're happy to take care of our kid any day."

"I- I'm not your kid. You guys shouldn't have to-"

"Oh, like hell you're not." Athena cut him off, running her hand through his hair. "May once said I brought two kids to the marriage and Bobby brought one. She's exactly right. You're our kid and we'll take care of you."

Buck took comfort in the words and smiled faintly before falling asleep right there in Bobby's arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 3K 59
Oneshots that I've wanted to read but nobody I have read has done them. (If there is a tw I will make sure to put it at the top)
6K 47 14
I decided to create one shots and I couldn't pick who to write about so ya.
1.8K 80 18
he looked at me and suddenly, flowers grew in my chest. 𓆩♡𓆪 ┊ Safeguard, E. Diaz ...
34.2K 661 36
9-1-1 Daughter One Shots. For example in each one shot the main character will be one of the teams daughter. Open for suggestions! 🏅#9-1-1onfox