Sold Out Of Love | Rafe Camer...

By lauvergirl

๐ˆ๐’๐‹๐€ ๐Œ๐€๐ƒ๐ˆ๐’๐Ž๐ | moved beside the Camerons after her father, Mark Madison had became business partne... More

๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ง๐๐š๐ฒ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ 
๐ฆ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ
๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฒ ๐›๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ก๐๐š๐ฒ, ๐›๐ž๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ
๐๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฆ๐ž
๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž
๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ˆ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐
๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก ๐จ๐ซ ๐๐š๐ซ๐ž
๐ ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐ฅ๐ข๐š๐ซ๐ฌ
๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ ๐ฌ
๐›๐จ๐ฒ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ
๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ
๐๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฆ๐ž๐ฆ๐›๐ž๐ซ
๐ข ๐ ๐จ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ
๐๐š๐ฒ๐๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ 
๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž
๐œ๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐ฌ
๐ฆ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐
๐ฎ๐ง๐Ÿ๐š๐ข๐ซ
๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ข๐Ÿ
๐€๐ฎ๐ ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ
๐œ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ž๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ
๐ฐ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ
๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐›๐š๐›๐ฒ
๐ˆ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐จ
๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ
๐ก๐š๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ
๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง๐ 
๐›๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง ๐š๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง
๐†๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ก
๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ
๐–๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฒ
๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ข๐ง
๐Œ๐š๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ž๐
๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž, ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž
๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐ž๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง
๐๐š๐๐๐ฒ'๐ฌ ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ
๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐จ๐ง ๐›๐š๐›๐ฒ
๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž
๐ข๐ง๐ฏ๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐ 

๐ฐ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐›๐š๐›๐ฒ?

2K 13 2
By lauvergirl

July 4th, 2019
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼 𓇼

The moonshine glanced against my tan skin as JJ laid beside me in my bed. His lips pressed against mine during the moment of vulnerability with one another. He had pulled his lips away and looked at me with sincerity in his eyes. "I have waited every moment since I last kissed you to kiss you again." He whispered while footsteps walked down the hallway into a room, shutting the door at the end of the hallway. Assuming that it had been my parents heading into the room after the Carrera family and the others had left. I smiled and rested my forehead against JJ's own. He formed a genuine smile on his face, showing his dimples that were imprinted on his cheeks. "I have too." I told him and ran my fingers throughout his hair and played with the curls on the backside of his head. "I don't want to ruin the moment but what Kiara had said, is what she said true?" He asked as he had looked me directly back into the eyes. His eyes gleaming into mine while his pupils had dilated in the darkness. "It's true but I knew that we couldn't be together." I told him and twirled his curls in between my fingers still. The necklace he had given me dangled against my neck while he had looked into my eyes still. "But Rafe has been taking a liking into you?" He questioned as his eyes had stared into mine still, gleaming with curiosity and loving emotions forming inside.

"I saw that he called you beautiful." He spoke once more as I narrowed my eyebrows. His arms had hung around my waist while the both of us had spoke to one another. I nodded. "He did but I don't think he had intentions of being interested in me. We only had hung out for an hour or so a couple nights ago and he wanted to redeem himself around you guys." I told him and leaned my head against the wooden headboard that he had been leaning against already. He nodded his head and kept his soft grip around my waist. "You just wanted a friend. You didn't start to have feelings for him?" JJ asked as he had been intently listening to me whenever I had talked to him in response to the questions. I tucked my hair behind my ear with my open hand that was not playing with his curls. "I thought he was cute but his own sister warned me that he had issues. He told me he had his demons. He faces the same type of abuse you had endured with your own father, it tugs on my heart because I know how troubling it was for you J." I told him and stared into his blue eyes once again before glancing around my room. The house had been silent and setting in the night while the time started to pass.

JJ had nodded and frowned slightly against his handsome face. "You are too sweet for your own good." He told me as he had looked around the room like I had done before. "He has drug and alcohol abuse issues. He was flat out about that and I didn't want anything but to help him. I hate seeing people suffering and you can see it written all over his face behind the toughness." I told JJ and leaned my head against his shoulder that had been leaning against the headboard. "You can still work on helping him, Evie. I'm proud of the person that you have became." He spoke and kissed the top of my head that had leaned on his chest. My hand had still held onto the curls at the back of his head while he had laid his head onto mine. "You mean that?" I asked him and laid my leg up on his leg that was uncovered. He nodded his head. "Would I lie to you, baby?" He asked him with a pet-name that I never thought I would hear come out of JJ's mouth. "You keep working on him. I'll wait for you." He mentioned again.

Narrowing my eyebrows by what he had meant. I wasn't sure completely what he had meant but it was sweet. JJ was understanding and had a heart of gold. He always supported me no matter what and was someone that would always be there for me, he proved it more tonight. The one who would always be next to my side. Nonetheless, the one that had loved me to the fullest beyond the pact that our group had made. His presence had made my heart pound just thinking about him in that moment. Rethinking the feeling of being kissed by him was an out of the world experience that I would never forget. The way his blue eyes dazzled into mine. The dimples that had formed on his cheeks whenever he looked at me lovingly. "What do you mean by that?" I had asked him and pulled my head up to look at him in the eyes with a confused facial expression. "I had meant that later in life when we are ready to break the pact, I'll be here waiting for you. You're so independent right now and you have your life to focus on with college and what not. But when the time is right, I'll love you." He explained his own thoughts and feelings. "How long have you felt like this?" I asked him and formed a slight smile against my mouth as I had looked into his eyes, tilting my head. "Forever." He told me and laughed slightly in the moment. I shook my head with the smile on my face. "I love you J." I told him and kissed his cheek. "I like your idea." I had told him and leaned my head back down on his shoulder while looking out into the direction of the large window in my bedroom. The fireworks shooting up into the sky around eleven o'clock at night to celebrate the holiday that everyone had loved around the OuterBanks.

He nodded his head. "I love you too." He spoke again as I had closed my eyes with my hand on his chest while my leg had propped against his leg. In that moment, all my fears and worries had faded away within seconds. JJ had taken the pain away from the disagreement between Kiara and I, but I knew she would apologize for her own behavior once she gets tired of not being able to be around me for a couple of days. She was the most stubborn person that I had ever met but she was apart of my heart, she was my soul sister in any given moment and I would drop anything just to have her in my life.

Within seconds, my eyes started to fade into the darkness of the tiredness that formed in my eyes.

I had fallen into peace in his presence.

。・:*:・。・:*:・。・:*:・

July 5th, 2019
OuterBanks, North Carolina.

Awakening from the peaceful slumber that I had been apart of — I had stretched my arms and legs in the soft bed. Early in the morning, JJ had snuck out of my home to avoid being stuck here until morning since he had work later that day which meant he needed to shower and get ready. He kissed the top of my head and whispered that he would see me later before he slipped his shoes on and headed out of the home. The sunshine had shined brightly down into my room as it had been around ten am in the morning, which was late for me to sleep in but yesterday had been an eventful and somewhat awful at parts but it had not affected me longer than that day. The small argument with Kiara had been blown out of proportion and JJ had taken the pain away in that moment. Turning over in my bed, I rubbed my eyelid with my left hand while my right had grasped for my phone that sat on the bedside table. Text messages from Rafe, Sarah, JJ, Pope, and John B had flooded my phone during the early hours. Rafe had texted me last night while I had been with JJ, trying to apologize for earlier.

No message was left from Kiara.

Sighing, I knew that Kiara was extremely stubborn and I would let her be for the moment until she would come back around. She had done this before in our earlier years but despite the issue, I still loved her no matter what.

I scrolled through my phone, killing time from the day that I didn't have ahead of me. I wanted to stay inside all day and recuperate from the night before — thinking about all the things that I could have done better to help Rafe or speak to my own best friend. Nonetheless, would be killed later on if my father found out that JJ had stayed in the home up until five in the morning, sleeping in his daughter's bed. That would give my father a heart attack but as someone who also loved JJ, he would confront him too. I ran my fingers into my curled hair and yawned, stretching my body against the sheets below me. Hearing a knock form on my white door, my eyes flicked to the door in order to allow whoever it was inside. "Come in." I said as I yawned. Staring back at the door while my father had came into the room with his formal clothes on that he wore to work. "Good morning sweetheart." He said as he had glanced around my room, looking at the beer that sat on my nightstand and the dress of Kiara that had sat at the edge of my bed. He sat himself on the woven chest that sat nearest to the white door. "Hi dad." I formed a small grin onto my face as I had been covered underneath my sheets.

He had crossed his legs in comfort while his back rested against the white wall. "I wanted to come in this morning and discuss some things." He had spoken to me while he crossed his arms over his chest in a stern tone forming in his voice. Pushing myself up on the bed, I laid against the head board and tucked my hair behind my ear. I had felt the adrenaline pumping throughout my veins. I nodded my head at him and glanced at the room that seemed spotless beside the beer and the dress laying at the edge of my bed. "So, I am more than aware that JJ spent the night till this morning. I love both of you guys but what is going on between you seems inappropriate since I caught him coming out of your room at five am this morning when I got up." He narrowed his eyebrows and looked at me with a disappointed expression forming against his face. "Because you are only eighteen and I will still support you, I just want to tell you that it was inappropriate. I'm unsure what the relationship you guys have, at least now because you guys seem to like one another but it was inappropriate and I don't want to deal with that again. I trust you and him that nothing had gone on, and secondly, I love the both of you more than life itself." He explained to me with the same expression on his face.

The kiss that JJ and I had shared ran into my mind as I had thought about him in that moment of hearing my father's talk. I reached to the locket that JJ had bought me, messing with it in the small grasps of my finger tips. I nodded at my father in response while I took in the talk he had given me — which was respectable and reasonable.

"It was awkward for me and I'm sure it does make JJ a bit embarrassed as well." My father had expressed while he had his arms over his chest still. I nodded at him. "Yes sir. He stayed with me because Kiara and I got into an argument. He was just comforting me and we both had lost track of time, falling asleep on accident." I explained to him and stared at him in his eyes as he had nodded at me. "I understand and thank you for listening to me. Tell me what happened with Kiara?" He questioned as it had not been the first time she and I had a discussion that became an argument. I rubbed my eyes as I had held back the annoyance and tears that had came out last night. "She got upset at John B for starting to have thing for Sarah. Then she came after me because she thinks I have a thing for Rafe Cameron, and then called me out by saying that I have always loved JJ but forgot all about him. She proceeded to call me inappropriate language which brought me to tears but this is not the first time we fought, and you know that. I'm disappointed to say the least but JJ was a great comfort to me." I told my father and held the necklace in my fingers while twirling the object. My father nodded his head. "That was rude of her but you know Kiara wants the best for you. Maybe she thinks you should be with JJ." He had mentioned and smiled a little bit to make the situation lighter. Shrugging, I tucked my hair behind my ears again. "JJ mentioned to me that he would wait for me when the time is right. It was very sweet of him. But then Rafe is always stuck in my mind too." I told him as he narrowed his eyebrows again in shock. "It's probably weird that I'm talking about guys to my father." I laughed and shook my head as he started to laugh too. He shook his head at me. "It's good to have a good father and daughter bond. Is there a reason why Rafe didn't show up?" He questioned.

I nodded my head again and rubbed my right eye with the tips of my pointer and middle finger. "He just couldn't make it." I told him as I had been wanting to ignore the fact that Rafe came over drunk and hickeys against his neck because that would be a major red flag towards my parents who thought he was the perfect kid. "Just know that whoever you end up with in the end of the day, your mother and I will support you no matter what. As much as I would love to have JJ as my son in law, Rafe seems like a great and smart man especially when it comes to business so I want you to understand that it's okay to play the field a little. You've never had a boyfriend." He explained to me as he had stood up from the chest and walked towards me, kissing the top of my head endearingly like a father would do to their children. I nodded at him and smiled as he had headed towards the entrance of my room. "Also! Kaia is at the Cameron's. Your mother and I are going into work today to check in on some of the business things. Please get her around one pm if you could." He asked and gave me a small thumbs up before he had left the room, shutting the door behind him. Nodding my head at myself in the moment with a sigh forming out of my mouth. My fingers messed around with the locket that laid against my chest as I contemplated to get up and be productive but that was the last thing I had wanted. I grabbed ahold of my phone again and started to read the text messages that were left over the night and early morning.

JJ messaged me,"Love you my girl. Have a good day." Smiling to myself in that moment as I had thought about the sweet dimples he had on his face. His dazzling blue eyes that stared into mine before his lips attached to mine. The thought of him had made me smile just even envisioning him. Texting him back in the moment,"Love you too JayJ. You too." I smiled to myself again and had started to read other messages. John B and Pope had apologized for Kiara's actions and for ruining my birthday which they hadn't done. I shook my head and leaned my head against the head board while I heard the garage door opening which meant my father and mother were leaving for the day. I texted them back to assure them that they didn't do a single thing wrong and that I loved them no matter what. I went back to looking until I saw Rafe's texts that he had left which had been around two messages, almost like he was begging me to answer him and just give him a chance to redeem himself.

Sunshine beamed down against my rug while my door had been pushed open by Jack and Indie. Their golden fur bright in the sunshine that made them happy. Indie laid herself against the warm rug meanwhile Jack had jumped up against my bed, walking towards me with his huge paws walking against my bedsheets. I smiled while I had kissed the top of my dog's head and snuggled his face against mine. As Jack laid down beside me, I texted Rafe back informing him to come over around twelve in order to talk about last night and how I can help him. As a people pleaser, it tormented me to not be able to help someone that was unable to help themselves. It had broken my heart into pieces whenever I had no capability to protect someone or take care of them. Ever since I was a child — I was a people pleaser and helper more than people would assume.

The year of third grade had began when I had entered a small elementary school on the pogue side of town. My Father was insistent with my mother about how I would need to attend the elementary school he had attended to. He wanted me to learn and be humble about where I came from — which was a hardworking man that had loved his family and wanted the best for them. He wanted his first born, rainbow child, to learn to be grateful for what I had but nonetheless make life long friends that would always be there for me no matter what. By far all the friends that I had made, Pogue or Kook — there were ones that meant more to me than the title of their name.

My first experience with being a people pleaser was when I had became friends with JB and JJ in third grade. I wasn't sure how to make friends even though I was outgoing as a little girl. During recess, I went into the small field that sat beside the playground where I picked small flowers and put them in my overall pockets. My little pigtails blown throughout the air meanwhile the wind had swayed against the trees. My fingers grasped against the flowers, growing with sap against the tips of them meanwhile I had ripped them up from the ground gently. Once the bell had rung, I ran into the classroom into the small group that I had sat in with JJ and John B. They had sat down after being forced to put the small bugs they had collected during recess back outside. JJ's blonde hair laid against his forehead with beads of sweat from running around beside John B. I took the small flowers out of my pocket and gave them to both of them. JJ's blue eyes brightened up with an excitement look forming against his baby face.

He grasped the small yellow flower within his hands meanwhile John B had smiled at me with his brown eyes gleaming. "Want to be friends?" John B had asked as he laid the flower on his desk and picked up his crayon for the afternoon coloring time. I smiled at them both and nodded my head in excitement. "Yes." I told them as JJ had reached over the table and kissed the back of my hand with gentleness. Almost like he was a gentleman at the age of six meanwhile I had been seven years old. JJ had shared his crayons with me meanwhile John B had taught me his ways of coloring inside the lines. I would never forget that day that I shared my kindness in hopes that they would want to be friends with another girl. At the ripe age of ten, I was moved into another school that separated me from my two best friends that I had always wanted to be around. We had play dates every weekend and would always be with one another. After I moved into the other elementary school, I met Kiara who had became one of my first ever friends at the new school. We had met through being in almost every single class with another and we automatically became one with another which was special to me.

Snapping out of my thoughts about my friends, I had kicked my feet over the side of the bed and shuffled myself across the carpeted floor into my bathroom. I rubbed my eyes as I stared at my petite body in the reflection of the mirror. My stomach had been growling from the starvation with a layer of alcohol above it from last night. I pulled my tooth brush out of the holder, squeezing a layer of toothpaste against the small bristle then underneath the faucet to wet the toothbrush. I put the blue toothbrush up to my mouth and started scrubbing my teeth in a circular motion. My eyes glanced around the medium sized bathroom and then back out to the sweet dogs that laid with comfort in my bedroom. I spit the toothpaste out into the sink after two minutes had been up, rinsing my mouth with the water from the faucet. The backside of my hand had wiped the excess off the sides before I pushed the hot water faucet on to rinse my skin from the oils that built up on the tanned skin.

My hands rubbed against my soft skin before I had wiped the excess water away and turned the faucet off with my finger tips. I curved my body back upwards, walking to the small hand towel that I had patted my skin dry with. The flowers that I had boughten a couple of days ago sat on the white marbled counter top, blossoming in the sun that shines throughout the large window above the shower. The tropical flowers smelt up the bathroom with a sweet scent that was summer in a whole. Meanwhile, the flowers that Rafe had bought for me sat up on the long brown wood dresser in my bedroom. Surviving on the sun that peered into the room from the large window in my room. I sat the towel back down on the rack and went over to my counter, picking up the moisturizer that I had used on my skin. The cold cream against my fingers rubbed into the tanned skin against my face, coating my skin and millions of freckles with a thin layer of sun screen and moisturizer. I ran the product down my throat and chest area before I curled my eyelashes and brushed my eyebrow hairs in an upward motion. I smiled at myself in the mirror at the refreshment that a small amount of skin care could do for the endorphins in my brain.

Flicking the lights off in my bathroom, I headed into my bedroom again and looked at my dogs that laid with comfort. Jack laid sprawled out on my bed meanwhile Indie had curled herself up in a ball on the floor, against the rug I laid out. I had walked my bare feet against the carpeted floor and into the hallway that was covered with wooden panels throughout the area and rest of the home. My mother had sat out the presents I received last night on the kitchen counter for me to review. She had left a small note beside the many presents that stated,"Write everyone a card to thank them. Love, Mommy." I smiled and had nodded to myself as I sat down the card beside the presents again. I headed into the larger kitchen, pulling the refrigerator door open to look at the options my mother had offered after she went grocery shopping. Leaning my eyes on the almond milk, I pulled it out and onto the small island counter in the middle of the kitchen. I shut the refrigerator door and headed to the walk in pantry with my fingers grasped on the brass door handle. Tilting my head to the side and glancing at the full pantry, pulling out the matcha powder my mother had purchased for me when she was out of town a week ago. I left the pantry open behind me as I sat the matcha container beside the almond milk, searching for a cup in the new home that I hadn't figured out yet.

I had searched through the top cabinets before I had heard a knock on the two French doors that sat beside the kitchen, leading out into the backyard or side yard as many called it. I turned my head in concern of who would be here at the side door. I sat a small glass cup against the counter and headed to the door that had been covered with a thin creme linen curtains. A figure had stood outside the door. I had relaxed my body and stood upwards while my right hand reached towards the door handle, unlocking the door and pulling it open to reveal Rafe Cameron standing outside with flowers in his hands. A small bouquet full of flowers that had been some of my favorites. I leaned my body against the door and placed my hand on my hip. My sleeping clothes had drowned my body while the shorts had been risen higher, meanwhile the shirt had fallen over the shorts making it look as if I had not been wearing shorts. I smiled up towards the tall figure that had a smile forming against his face at the sight of me. I tucked my hair behind my ear and rested it against my hip again before he had opened his mouth to speak. "May I come in?" He asked and stared at me with his blue eyes sparkling in the sunshine. I nodded my head as I had motioned him inside with the hand that sat on my hip. He walked in the house and looked around, it being his first time that he had came inside. The hickeys on his neck had faded and his eyes had been sober. "I brought you these." He had spoken while I shut the door behind him and walked towards him. "You didn't have too." I told him and laid my hand against his muscular arm in a loving mannerism. Still thinking about what had happened with JJ last night, thinking about what he had told me and the kiss he had given me in that moment of vulnerability. It felt wrong to even touch Rafe in a friendly mannerism even though, I wasn't involved with JJ that way. At least not yet and I didn't want to break the pact until we were older like he mentioned last night. Rafe had nodded his head. "I had too. I couldn't help it because I ruined your birthday party." He told me as I took the flowers out of his hands and sat them against the counter. I embraced him in a loving hug that had made his body collapse into mine as if he had never been hugged before. "Trust me, you didn't ruin it." I told him and had looked up towards him with a smile forming on my face. He nodded again and almost seemed in shock.

I let go of him and walked back towards the glass cup that I left on the white marbled counter. "Do you want anything?" I asked him as I had carried the cup to the island, setting it beside the milk and matcha powder. "No thank you." He told me with a small grin on his face as he had leaned against the other counter beside the flowers that he had brought me. I nodded at him and poured myself a small glass of the almond milk, then pouring the matcha powder into the milk. I took the small frother on the counter and stuck it into the almond milk, watching it bubble and mix the matcha around the cup. I sat the small frother into the sink and put the ingredients back while Rafe and I had sat in silence. "What did you want to talk about?" I asked him with a small firming tone as I glanced up at the tall male that stood with vulnerability and hurt forming in his blue eyes. I turned my head at him and messed with the locket that JJ had given me last night. My fingers pushing open and closing the locket as I had waited for him to say something. "I don't know where to start." He responded and ran his fingers through his hair. I grasped ahold of the cup and walked towards the living room, wanting him to follow after me. I sat the drink on a coaster and sat myself on the creme colored couch as he had followed me, sitting across from me on the comfortable couch. "Would you like to tell me why you were drunk and had hickeys?" I asked him and smiled at the stupidity of the decisions he had made that night. I crossed my legs and propped them against the couch, staring at him as he had seemed angry that I brought up that idea. "I already told you that I have a drug and alcohol issue." He told me in a snapping tone that had taken me by surprise. I narrowed my eyebrows and looked at the faded hickeys on his neck. "And you have a sex issue too?" I asked him in an annoyed tone but a smile against my face as I had looked into his eyes that dilated while the annoyance started to rise in his body. "Maybe, I don't know-" he responded and opened his mouth to speak once again,"Why would that matter to you if I did?" He questioned me as raised an eyebrow as he had looked directly at me with a small grin forming on his face as he had almost been judging. "I saw the way you were dancing with JJ last night." He spoke again and had leaned his body against his legs, propping himself up with his hands intertwined with one another. "Well I was going to say that I was a tad interested in you until you showed up with hickeys on your neck." I told him in an annoyed tone as his grin turned into a small frown on his tan skin. I reached for the glass and brought the drink up to my mouth, coating the inside with a sweet vanilla and matcha taste against my tongue. "Oh really?" He asked as he had moved closer to me. "I don't want any of your tricks, Rafe. I heard stuff about you and how you always bring girls home and leave them. I know my self worth and I would never fall for that." I told him as I made eye contact with him again, sitting the drink down on the coffee table. He narrowed his eyebrows. "I'm not asking for you to fall for the tricks I have but I know that you could change me more than you think." He responded and laid his hand against my knee. Goosebumps ran down my body at his touch. I shook my head and had thought about JJ. Thinking about all the things he had said, including the pursuing Rafe. "You think that I could change you?" I asked him as he had rubbed his thumb against my knee in a small circular motion that had made me weak in that moment. I shook my head again and tried to ignore his touch that laid on me. "I think you could make me a better man. Give me a chance." He told me as he had formed a smile against his face in a lovingly mannerism. I smiled at him as I had fallen for the small tricks he had played to make me want him. I didn't know him well enough to want to peruse him but he was hard to turn down — but in the back of my head, I kept on thinking about JJ. My best friend, and someone that I could potentially have a future with at some point when we are both comfortable.

"Why should I give you a chance when your own sister told me to give up." I asked him and raised an eyebrow at him. "I don't want to be taken advantage of and used by you if that's what you are interested in doing." I told him and crossed my arms over my chest while looking him into his eyes as his brain was analyzing everything that I had said to him. "Let me take you on a date and prove it to you? What about that?" He asked as a smile formed on his face. He tilted his head off to the side as his middle parted hair hung across his forehead that was covered in a small sweat beads almost from nervousness. He played it off by his smile on his face while his one hand sat against my knee cap. I overanalyzed the idea of going on a simple date but I had never been on one before. I never pursued any men because I didn't feel as I had time for it due to me being a 4.4 gpa student and was constantly working or doing school work, on occasion my friends would drag me out of the house to go ride on John B's boat and swim throughout the summer after a long day of work. I hadn't even had my first boyfriend yet and was a naive girl when it came to sexual intimacy with men. I wouldn't dare to have sex outside of marriage but nonetheless was terrified to do so. I had heard too many horror stories about females being pregnant at a young age or getting too attached to the men they lost their virginity too. It had frightened me. "Yes." I responded to him as a smile started to form on my face meanwhile I had been slightly nervous about the date itself.

Rafe smiled and ran his fingers throughout his head of blonde hair while his eyes gleamed into mine. "I'll go on a date with you." I told him as I had laid still against the couch and looked into his eyes. "Have you ever been on a date before?" He asked as he narrowed his eyebrows. I sat with embarrassment forming on my facial expressions as I hadn't known how to explain it to him. I had bit the inside of my check — wanting to come up with a lie to get rid of the embarrassment. I shook my head and looked at him. "No." I told him as I had looked around the room instead of his eyes to avoid his reaction. He bit the bottom of his lip and sat back with his pointer finger on his bottom lip. "What a lucky guy I am." He said as he smiled. "Taking out the prettiest girl in the OuterBanks to dinner would be the biggest privilege of mine." He responded and sat his hands in his lap as I reconnected eye contact with him. I could feel my knees weaken at the comment he had made. I smiled at him again and felt comfortable even though his comment was just a form of sweet talk to pull me over. "You're just saying that." I laughed at him and shook my head as my finger tips messed with the gold locket that sat against my chest. He shook his head and smiled again. "I'm being serious." He said with the same grin on his attractive face.

The thought of going on a date with the most hated Cameron in the OuterBanks was an idea that I couldn't get out of my mind. His aura was old money with the way that he dressed. He had walked almost like he had owned the place, and could reek havoc wherever he had gone. He was just so attractive that I could see why girls would fall on their knees and beg for his love. But, I was not the one begging for him? He was begging for me. Did this make me special? Did this make me someone that I wasn't?

"How many times have you said that to girls you brought home?" I asked him and turned my head to the side. Pulling my legs up to my chest while wrapping my arms around them. "None of them except you and I mean that. I may seem like a womanizer but I really am wanting a chance with you. Not a fling, not someone to sleep with. Just you." He explained as he rubbed his finger tip against the edge of his khaki pants that he had worn with a plaid button up. My heart pounded at his response. "What about me makes me so special? You hardly know me. I moved in almost a week ago and we've only hung out once so tell me please." I told him and grinned at him while I leaned my head against the creme color couch as his eyes glanced around the home. "You're not judgmental. You're a sweetheart. You're beautiful inside and out. You have a beautiful smile and you're not afraid to speak your mind. You know your self worth." He responded and looked into my eyes while the sunshine from the window hit him directly, making his skin shine in the light. The warm light made the house room temperature that was comfortable to be in, instead of the hot Carolina heat that was more than uncomfortable and humid. "Now you're just making me blush." I told him and rolled my eyes as I reached for the drink on the coffee table. He had smiled and shook his head at me with a look of happiness forming on his face. I hadn't seen him so happy within the week of me knowing him. "I better get going since I have a meeting in a little bit. I'll pick you up at five o'clock tomorrow?" He said as he had stood up and had looked down at me. Almost hovering over me with his hands pushed into his pockets.

I looked up over his muscular body as his toned arms had squeezed against the plaid shirt. I had nodded my head at him and started to stand up to walk him out of the house. "I'll be ready." I told him and tucked my hair behind my ear as I had walked behind him towards the door he had headed out towards. "Thank you for giving me a chance." He spoke as he turned around and laid his hand against my cheek. His thumb laid on the side of my cheek with circular motions forming against it. I felt my body wanting to collapse in his presence and touch. He knew what he was doing because he smiled largely and didn't stop the touching against my cheek. His eyes analyzed the small freckles across my cheeks and bridge of my nose. "See you later pretty girl." He spoke as he leaned down and kissed my forehead. My heart had pounded out of my chest while the feeling of his lips placed themselves onto my forehead. "See you later, Rafe." I smiled as he had opened the back door and shut it behind him.

I turned away from the door as I took a deep breath in. My heart wanted to jump out of my chest as I had walked back towards my bedroom to grab ahold of my phone that sat against my bed.

I couldn't imagine how this date could go.

What would I even talk about?

What would I tell all my friends if they asked if I have any plans?

Was Rafe someone that was actually interested in me or did he like the idea of it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.7K 2.9K 16
-๐–๐Ž๐‘๐“๐‡๐˜ ๐Ž๐… ๐˜๐Ž๐” แตโฑแตƒสณแตƒ แถœแตƒสณสณแต‰สณแตƒ '๐™๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š'๐™จ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ฃ'...
1M 13.1K 80
๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ...
70.1K 1.5K 28
In which Parker Maybank can't stay away from the kook princess. Or, when Sarah Cameron falls for a chaotic pogue. "You sure you can handle this, Prin...