The Essence of Balencia

By the_ink_of_balencia

When my skin is not my own and the heart is tainted, there is still one thing that will always belong to me... More

I wish to smell heaven
He who reeks
The Water Surveillant
The Warriors in Dresses
The Blood for His Gain
I Heard The Weeping Willow
She Who Smiles
The Enternal Evanescent
The Fire that Sparked It All
The Psithurism
I Desire The Infiräd
She Who Destroyed
The Distribution
The Masked Ones
The Blighted Bay
I Ate The Lemon
He Burned Coal
The Lightening Illuminances
The Era of Zulumat
The Smokeless Fire
I Acended From The Dirt
She Stained The Ink
The Creator of All Things
The Birth of Balencia
The Mirage in The Desert
He Feasts blackened
The Dine and Dash
The Lips that Sealed Hers
The Veiled Samurai
I Held a Staff Similar
She Was The Flame Blade
The Clysmic Ocean
The Pandemonium
The Start to Ruler
I Voyage With or Without You
She Was Tamed by Illuminances
The Calling Eminence
The Obsidian Ignite
The Viridian Cure
I Ended The Alsaru
She Awakened
The Mountain Didn't Crumble
The Day of Reckoning
The Sea and In-between
I Am The Blacksmith Daughter
He is The Elevated Summit
The Comforting Musk
The Drink of Death
The Kingdom of Balencia
I Am The Queen
He Honoured The Flames
The Sisters of Yazzir
The Devil Queen and Khushboo
I Turned Destruction Into a Speck of Heaven
The Land of Daweyt (healed)

I Saw The Rafflesia

19 4 7
By the_ink_of_balencia

"I need to visit the next tribe, where are they?" Balencia asked as she was preparing herself for the journey.

"You'll head south-east until you see the dunes... That's where Alzalam resides... But Balencia, be careful they are one of the most powerful tribes" Zunaid explained "entertain their ways and do as they say but be ready for a pain like no other!" Lalzari nodded as she turned to Rehamal and continued.

"You head back to the Kingdom and be my eyes. Tell Mareeb and Khushboo to keep an eye out in the castle and if they need me come find me by the dunes. I'm off now" Lalzari demanded quickly as she disappeared from the gates of The Sir's residence.

"I just want some alone time with her..." Lalzari exclaimed as she rushed to Husayrah's grave trying not to be seen by anyone. Her black dress and shawl helping her move like a speck of dust, naked to the eye and only visible in the light.

Her legs coming to a speed-down as she saw something unusual by Husayrah's grave. "HEY" Balencia roared as her eyes gaged upon a women with long midnight blue hair ripping out one of the flowers planted by Husayrah's grave. The women turned back like a ghost that didn't want to be seen. Her face was small but her eyes big, her frame was small and petite yet elegant like that of endless invisible echoes. She looked like an older and more worn-out version of Husayrah. Immediately, Lalzari put the puzzle pieces together and knew who the women was.

"Hidayam?" Lalzari questioned as the women got up dropping the flower she had ripped out and ran off into the darkness like a spirit unknown. Lalzari rushed to Husayrah's grave wiping away the extra dirt that the ripped out flower had created. The determined vixen noticed how it wasn't a flower Hidayam had picked up, rather it was a plant.

Its leaves were thick, oval and pointed splashed with many colours like an abstract painting. It had red, pink, burgundy, orange and yellow hues flung like it was flicked with a brush onto the bright emerald leaves. It made the plant look like a burning flame. Smaller white star-shapes flowers had appeared on the stem and others were withering away.

(GASP) "A croton!" Lalzari exclaimed as she had always loved plants and flowers ever since she was a little girl. She then noticed the roots that had been ripped out. They were growing in every direction like the attributes of a forest yet they were dried and dying. Balencia activated her golden illuminance through her veins creating electrical shock waves as she sent them through the plant making the dying roots light up a bit.

"The roots are like that of Hidayam. A stubborn mess that refuses to live and give life. Yet, she visits her sister's grave tearing out the beauties her vessel created. Misery does love company" the illuminated warrior boasted as she packed the croton in her shawl that was folded to turn the linen fabric into a sling.

"I shall call it The Jawhar... The essence" Balencia said aloud as she felt like she was speaking to Husayrah.

"Oh my Husayrah I miss you dearly... Why did you give me the light? And are you happy now? Are you with Amal? Can you hear me? I wish you was here..." As Lalzari muttered words that she felt were her most intimate voyage a dying rose by Husayrah's grave came back to life. That was enough to answer the questions. A big smile filled the face of the warrior as she wrapped her arms around herself like a child filled with excitement. The loss of Jamshar, Melaniee and mama had never brought her closure. Yet, the death of the weeping willow was like the inner child of Lalzari being healed a little by little.

"I will succeed Husayrah! For you! I will bring peace to this land! And I will remove every digsuting pest that walks this earth. I'll rip their hearts out and suffocate their love for life! And someday... I'll join you and Amal..." Lalzari concluded as she tightened her shawl around The Jawhar to secure it from anything and everything.

Illustration of Husayrah Bint Zunaid

The journey had started and Balencia felt like she had been walking for ages. She worked her way along the narrow trail, leaves sliding across her forearms like wet tongues. Vines slithered down the cliff face like snakes, seeking the pool of tepid water below. She had made it to the river and noticed how there seemed to be less water flowing than normal. She lifted up her dress and walked through it crossing it to come out to the other side.

Balencia sauntered through the river with the moon above being her only company. Below her, swollen spring waters churned against the pillings, fighting to escape into the flatland. The boards beneath Balencia's feet groaned and she shifted uneasily. One misstep, and the darkness would swallow a soul whole.

"Be careful now, ye" a recognisable voice chimed and as Balencia looked up she saw Malaa standing as if she had been starring at the struggling vixen for ages.

"Funny how you warn me after I cross it" Balencia grinned as they both lightly chuckled. It had been quite a long while since the two had been alone and perhaps they both had missed each others company.

"Before anything, I need to say I'm sorry for what happened! Ye maybe the tiredness of the battle had gotten to me but I shouldn't have excused you. I should know better, you are a good person and would only hurt if there was no other way" Malaa hymed as she looked down with guilt and sorry written all over her apologetic face.

"Malaa... I'm sorry too. Let's leave it behind us now. You haven't known me for long so how are you supposed to know my heart is pure?" and with that the two smiled at each other with no resentment lingering.

"Hmph silly girl you really are oblivious" Malaa clanged and Lalzari looked up at her with a puzzled expression.

"I know you are pure for the one who sent me to you didn't send me without reason. Anyways, where are you going ye?" Malaa asked.

"I'm on my way to Alzalam!" Balencia explained as she shook her feet drying them from the river she just crossed.

"Alzalam lives in darkness ye. Be careful ye. They're... Interesting" Malaa warned with her sweet voice ringing with rhythm. Balencia nodded slightly feeling nervous from the continuous warnings she was getting for Alzalam.

"They sound like they're going to be tough?" Balencia asked hoping the answer would calm her nerves yet they did the opposite.

"Tough is an understatement. They're going to torture you until they trust you ye"

"I shouldn't have asked..." Balencia sighed. She finally reached the land and as she looked up ahead she could see sand floating in the air like drops of glitter. "The dunes are nearby!" She boasted as the persevering vixen regained her energy.

"You coming Malaa?" She asked grabbing Malaa's dress dragging her to come along. It seemed like it wouldn't be so bad if she had company.

"No... Me and Alzalam have... History. You go and I'll keep an eye out for you" Balencia nooded slightly disappointed but continuing to not let her fears hold her down.

Balencia had entered the desert and a change in her energy immediately slapped her like an angry parent. Suddenly, she felt heavy like an anchor thrown into shore. A desperate lizard slowly lost its patience after who knows how long of eagerly awaiting for a prey. The laws of nature do not dwell in these parched lands. There as no sigh of water nor rain, not even a droplet to soothe the bone-dry sands. The barren land was being tormented by relentless, searing sun. The sand, so smooth yet steaming hot like a fresh loaf of bread.

The sun beamed so harshly it made it hard to see clearly. White lights appeared everywhere. Balencia looked distorting her once clear eye-sight. She couldn't imagine herself walking here for long as the lack of hydration was already seeping into her making her unconsciously look around for water. This is going to drive me insane, Balencia thought to herself.

"ALZALAM! ALZALAM! COME OUT! I SEEK YOU ALZALAM!" Balencia roared in hopes that less time would be wasted.

The sky stayed blue and winds were calm. A random glance at the horizon revealed a wall of brown air stretching high. And with very little warning the haboob approached, the dust devil swirled across the flatland like a rattlesnake on the hunt.

"ARRRRRRRRRHHH" the warrior roared as she wanted to keep her eyelids shut to keep the violent wind of sand from distorting her vision even more. Balencia's eye stung and mositure from her tears mixed with dirt left grimy streaks on her face. The wind-driven dust sandblasted her revealed skin where the wind had blown away her covering. (Stsk stsk) Balencia licked the inside of her mouth as the dryness started to feel like sandpapir.

On the ground big dark shadows started appearing but when Balencia looked up there was nothing hovering the skies. And from the darkness they took shape, Alzalam!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

492K 17.3K 195
(Fan TL) Won Yoo-ha, a trainee unfairly deprived of the opportunity to appear on a survival program scheduled to hit the jackpot, became a failure of...
192M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
293K 30.1K 50
several short stories something about love something about trust something about friendships
152K 6.5K 18
Six months contract marriage ended with divorce, leaving broken Khushi who totally humiliated and abused by Arnav and his family, REVENGE IS WHAT SHE...