Mia and Her Alpha

By WolfLoverKait

My name is Mia and when I was a child my mother made a choice risking everyone's safety. The choice was a sac... More

M&A || One
M&A || Two
M&A || Three
M&A || Four
Chapter 5-The Truth Will Set You Free
Chapter 6-Justice
Chapter 7-Follow Your Heart
Chapter 8-How Much More Can The Heart Take?
Chapter 10-Brother
Chapter 11-The Escape
Chapter 12-Finding Each Other
Chapter 13-Waterfall
Chapter 14-Stranger in the Woods
Chapter 15-My Mate?
Chapter 16-No More Waiting
Chapter 17-Brother's Arrival
Chapter 18-You're Not The Only Alpha Child
Chapter 19-You Need To Let Go
Chapter 20-2 Girls. 1 Heart.
Chapter 21-Escape From Suffocation
Chapter 22-Dominos
Chapter 23-If The Cookie Crumbles
Chapter 24-Past Not Forgotten
Chapter 25- Blessing or Curse?
Chapter 26-Clean
Chapter 27-Personal Hell
Chapter 28-Carnage
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Author's Note
M&A || Nora &Tyler

Chapter 9-Family Reunion

8.9K 296 21
By WolfLoverKait

Today-Today will be one of the most painful days of my life. Every bone in my body aches. My heart was a shattered piece of glass unable to mend the pieces on its own.

I decided that I was going to stay at my Brother's pack for awhile until I figure what to say.

Emily keeps telling me that the fastest route to recovery is by talking about my feelings. Except I'm feeling so much that it will take forever. I'm sad because I thought we had something real. Something unbreakable by anyone or anything. I've only just met him but I felt like I've known him for ages. He was my best friend. I'm mad because he didn't believe me. I'm happy that I know who he really is but most importantly this situation was the turning point in my thoughts of this world. I finally realize that the only way for something to be real is if you work for it. It can't come easily. If it comes easy then It's easy to fall apart.

I hadn't told anyone if I was attending my fathers funeral or when it even is. I was worried that if I told them then they would lock me in a room and tell me that they're doing it to save me. I also don't have enough guts to confront Lucas still. I mean what do I say to him? I wasn't ready to see him heartbroken because of what I have to tell him.

------------

A few hours later the primary doctor came in to see if he could clear me. My biggest hope was that he would so that I didn't have to try and sneak away from here.

"Good morning, Mia."

"Morning, doc." I said stupidly.

"Are you ready to see if you get cleared today?"

I gave a big nod to show I was eager to get out of this place. It confined me to the terrible memories of the truth and my imagination. The doctor had me walk around the bed a few times, lift ten pound weights, hop on both feet etc. Most of it seemed pretty pointless in my opinion.

"Are you ready to hear your results?"

The suspense was killing me. I messed up lifting one of the weights which worries me he won't clear me from this prison room.

"You failed to lift up one of the weights. However, you did in fact pass the test. Just no lifting of any sorts until you get your strength back."

"Thank you! Thank you!" I ran over to the doctor to give him a hug. I've never been so happy here until this moment.

"Is there someone you would like me to contact that you've been cleared?"

"Nope. I'm going to the only person who needs to know right now." The doctor gave a slight nod of approval. I walked out of there and down the paved path. I headed up to the barn so that I could ride a horse over to my brothers. I figured that if I took a chauffeur then he would refuse to take my across our territory. I picked out a medium sized horse who was white and had black specks on her. Her name was Clover.

I headed out for my brother's pack. Most of the guards were on their lunch break by time I got to the border which made it easy to enter. I slowed Clover down in order to take off the red necklace that I was given when I entered the Red Moon Pack. I also put on a blue moon necklace that was in my father's note so that I could come to his funeral without drawing attention. It was always like my father to plan very much ahead.

When I arrived at the pack, there was no one around. The streets were empty which was very peculiar considering there was always a lot that needed to be done.

I jumped off Clover and walked to my house while she trailed behind. I tied the horse to the white picket fence that sat in front of the house. I walked up the wooden steps and knock on the door. This was very awkward for me because I mean I do technically live there but I felt like an intruder to a sense.

Jackson open the door and his jaw dropped when he saw me. I ran to him and gave him the biggest hug anyone could've ever given. Tears fell from both of our faces. We both were relieved to see each other because both of us thought we would've never seen each others faces again. I knew my father would've been smiling down at us at that very moment for putting our differences aside.

"I'm so happy to see you, sis."

"I wasn't going to miss this for the world."

Jackson walked me into the house. Nothing looked different since the last time I was here. I feeling of happiness rushed through me as I walked up the stairs staring at all our family photos. "I'm home." I whispered.

"Mia, I made some coffee. Your favorite. Do you want some."

I gave Jackson a slight nod. This brought me back to before my life went complicated. Ever since that day, my heart has never felt so whole. I walked back down to the kitchen and sat across from Jackson.

"Where are all the people? The streets are deserted."

"They're all getting ready for the funeral. Mia, Why didn't you return my calls? I thought you were dead. I thought that monster killed you."

"In all honesty, I wanted you to think I was dead. I prayed you would've. I thought that if you believed I was dead then it would be the only way we can move on from the life we used to have. And I was also mad you gave me up so quickly to Lucas but after I thought about it, I realized why you were doing it."

"I need you to know that I would never try to hurt you. Everything I do around you is to make your life better. Your young and deserve to live life without that fear, without that pain that I've seen in your eyes ever since you met your mate. Promise me, you will find a way to be happy."

"I promise." My brother sounded so sincere. He has really grown up since before. He's changed and I think it's for the better.

"You should probably start getting ready for the funeral. It's in an hour."

I headed upstairs to my room to take a quick shower before I got rest. The cold water hugged my body. I felt alive.

I put on a black lace dress that went just above my knees with shiny black heels. I placed my hair into a bun and put on makeup. "You can do this. You have faced a lot worse these past weeks" I said as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. A knock sounded on the door.

"You ready?"

"I am but you're certainly not." I walked over to my brother to fix his tie. "I guess you still haven't learned how to tie a tie while I was gone. Gosh you need me!" I giggled. Jackson smiled at me while I fixed his tie. We both missed this.

Jackson held out his hand. I placed my small hand into his palm and we walked to the cemetery. As we walked towards it, people walked out of their houses and trailed behind us.

I walked up to the casket to see my father there motionless. It was really setting in that he was gone. Taken from me. My eyes began to get watery. Jackson walked over to me and pulled me back to my seat. He knew I couldn't do this anymore.

There were hundreds of people paying their respects. Even Alphas of other packs came. My father was legendary when he was a Alpha. He worked for peace among us and was the first to succeed.

At the end, we each planted a orange flower on his casket. Most people left after that but I stayed. I watched the casket as it was lowered into the ground.

I sat there for an hour by myself. Eventually, I had enough strength to walk over to his gravestone. "I'm so sorry dad. I should've been here for you but I wasn't. I feel terrible. I regret that day when you entered Red Moon territory. I would take everything back. Every last piece to see you one more time."

"Mia. Stop beating yourself up." Jackson called as he placed a hand on my shoulder. I was taking this a lot harder since I'm the terrible daughter that betrayed him.

Jackson pulled me up from the ground and led me back to the house as I wiped the tears away from my face.

"To change the subject, how long is your mate allowing you to stay here?"

"He actually doesn't know I'm here. We are currently separated at my request. I tell you everything tomorrow. I was planning on stay for a day or two if that is okay with you. I don't want to be intruding."

"How can you be intruding? This is your home. We are family. I will never make you leave."

Jackson's words comforted me. I still hadn't decided whether or not to tell him the whole story of what happened or just bits and pieces. Although, Jackson is technically supposed to be my enemy, I feel like I can trust him with anything.

********

Long Chapter. I'm attempting to write up until chapter 15 this weekend So that I can post a chapter very couple of days. Finals are starting next week, June 10th through the 17th so I won't be able to post starting next weekend. I'll do my best but I can't make any promises. Please comment thoughts below.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

467K 13.4K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
1.8M 46.1K 36
My whole life has literally sucked. My mom cheated on my dad when I was 11 and then both my dad and I moved out. My name is Chloe and I'm 16 years ol...
1M 27K 46
"I'm not good enough for you." I say to him. He looks at me and wipes the tears from my cheeks. "You're more than enough for me." I start to shake my...
773K 17.9K 47
Mia is a sassy girl and a werewolf with an honest heart and, she lives with her father and her older brother, her father is the beta of her pack, Sil...