Finding Myself || Complete

By sihle0071

[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED.] "Being abused your whole life isn't nice. Being told that you are not worth... More

Chapter 1: New school.
Chapter 2: Special friend.
Chapter 3: You don't know me.
Chapter 4: Forgiven.
Chapter 5: Testing the waters of friendship.
Chapter 6: Something new.
Chapter 7: Promises.
Chapter 8: Underground boxer.
Chapter 9: More than friends.
Chapter 10: Lusting over me.
Chapter 11: First Kiss.
Chapter 13: Tinsy winsy better.
Chapter 14: There for her.
Chapter 15: Ball is in your court.
Chapter 16: About us.
Chapter 17: Shouldn't have bothered.
Chapter 18: Make things right.
Chapter 19: Kiss now talk later.
Chapter 20: Pay for lying about me.
Chapter 21: Your damn fault.
Chapter 22: Ultimatums.
Chapter 23: Night is still young.
Chapter 24: Just friends.
Chapter 25: Family's lives in danger.
Chapter 26: Deal with it later.
Chapter 27: Cutting ties.
Chapter 28: It's over.
Chapter 29: Rainbows and sunshine.
Chapter 30: Grovel.
Chapter 31: Escapism.
Chapter 32: Hold you down.
Chapter 33: Broke me.
Chapter 34: Needs us.
Chapter 35: Stick together.
Chapter 36: Forgive and forget.
Chapter 37: Breaking facade.
Chapter 38: Pure intentions.
Chapter 39: She chose us.
Chapter 40: Peace.
Chapter 41: Favourite holiday.
Chapter 42: No pressure.
Chapter 43: Fear of the unknown.
Chapter 44: Coming out.
Chapter 45: First step.
Chapter 46: Temporary fling.
Chapter 47: Memory fades.
Chapter 48: His back.
Chapter 49: Letter to him.
Chapter 50: Forever.
Chapter 51: Support structure.
Chapter 52: Payment.
Chapter 53: Safe and sound.
Chapter 54: Never letting you go.
Chapter 55: Every step of the way.
Chapter 56: Alone.
Chapter 57: A keeper.
Chapter 58: Self-harm.
Chapter 59: Define you.
Chapter 60: New beginnings.
Chapter 61: Valedictorian.
Chapter 62: Best desicion.
Chapter 63: End of year trip.
Chapter 64: Best thing I've ever had.
Chapter 65: Don't let him control you.
Chapter 66: Fake smiles.
Chapter 67: Memorable night.
Chapter 68: We made it.
Chapter 69: Finding Myself.
Acknowledgements...
Epilogue.

Chapter 12: Talked sooner.

145 11 0
By sihle0071

Phiwokuhle's POV

We pull apart from the kiss and i look down. I don't know what i just did. Why did I kiss her? But the kiss was so good and i feel like kissing her again. I've never kissed anyone before, all the people I dated we only stuck to texting and i never wanted to kiss them. I can't believe she took my first kiss but I don't regret it.

"Why you looking down?" she asks. "I've never kissed a girl before." I mumble. "Come again." "I've never kissed a girl before." "Why didn't you tell me before I kissed you?" "Curiosity got the better of me." She chuckles. "But is it your first time kissing someone or is it your first time kissing a girl?" I blush.

"Phiwokuhle." she says. "I'm sorry that i didn't tell you." I say. "So how was it?" "It felt good and i want to do it again." "Should I do it?" I'm tempted to say yes but we shouldn't get carried away. I shake my head no. "I still want to process everything first." "Okay it's fine I understand. I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable." "No you didn't so don't worry. I consented so that's all that matters." She smiles.

"Let me get going." I say and she nods. We hug each other and it feels a bit akward. I can't believe i actually kissed her. Why did I actually kiss her? Do I regret kissing her? No but I should have thought things through first before going ahead with it. I guess I needed something to distract me for a while that's why I did it. But that kiss unlocked something in me. Something that I won't mention.

I'm glad she actually asked me first. I think the fact that she asked for consent made me want to do it. Besides me having that strong urge to kiss her the consent made me fold. When we kissed i got a lot
of butterflies in my stomach. I've never felt that way before with any of the guys I've dated. I doubt I'm lesbian though but i actually did it. Yoh hai I'm very confused. I get home and go upstairs.

I understand why my sister described the kiss the way that she did. I thought she was being overdramatic with her explanation but then i guess it actually is the way she said it. I want to kiss her again but then my mind is telling me no. No I actually shouldn't kiss her again. We should stick to being friends/acquaintances and not ruin anything between us.

I change into causal clothing and start with my homework. After completing my homework I go downstairs to help my mom. "Hi ma." I greet. "Hi. Unjani?" she asks. " Ngiyaphila wena." "Nami ngiyaphila. Did you get the email at school?" "Yeah they said you getting Friday detention."

"I'm really sorry that i got into a fight at school mama. I know I disappointed you after I promised that I wouldn't get into trouble. I'm also sorry for sneaking out with Phiwokwakhe the other night." I say. "I can see you sorry. I forgive you Phiwokuhle but don't do it again otherwise you'll be in more trouble." she says. "I understand mama." "You better start working on your anger issues though."

"Not this again ma." I say. "Yes this again. Phiwokuhle I'm tired of getting an email at school that you got into a fight. You need to have an extra mural or attend therapy." she said. "But mama if you didn't stay in this marriage do you think we would be like this." "Look I know I did you guys wrong by staying in this marriage but it's not as easy as you think it is to leave." "Stop saying that. The longer you stay the more I fight. Why should I listen to you?"

"Please do something in your spare time Phiwokuhle. I'm working on leaving this marriage. I promise you this year I'm leaving." she says and i roll my eyes. "Like you said ma it's not easy to leave so what makes you think that it will work out this year?" I ask. "Have faith in me nana." I scoff. "I'm just asking." "Don't worry we will leave this place. I need to get my finances in order and make sure we will have everything we need before we leave." I sigh.

"Why was malume Xolani starring at you like that?" she asks. I didn't think she would notice. "I don't know ma." I say. "Is there something that you not telling me." "Like what ma?" "Is he hurting you?" I shake my head no and she raises her eyebrow. "I promise you mama his not. We don't even talk that much." I feel the tears at the brim of my eyes and i blink them away. "Why you crying?"

"I'm not mama." I answer. "You blinking away your tears." she says. Phiwokwakhe comes in the kitchen and i take that as my opportunity to leave but I know this isn't the end of this conversation she will interrogate me until I tell her the truth. I go upstairs and lock my bedroom door.

It's really hard keeping this thing to yourself and having to deal with it on your own. I sometimes wish I could have told them sooner so they could be there for me but it wasn't easy. My mom used to ask me the same question and i was able to avoid her without her noticing there is something wrong but now its getting too much.

I close the curtains and take a little nap.

£

I go downstairs and help ma set up the dining table. We sit down and pray for the food and start eating. Dad joined us today and he looks sober. I still feel hurt with what he said to me but it's not the first time he says something this degrading about me. I've just learnt to accept it and move on cause it's not worth crying about it....but you still do cry about it. But this statement really hurt me I don't wanna lie.

"What are you going to do at the Friday detention?" asks dad. "I'm not sure but it's two hours long." I answer. "This better be the last time I come to your school for this nonsense. I'm sick and tired of this Phiwokuhle, going back and forth with your schools trying to defend you so you don't get expelled." "Ngiyakuva baba futhi ngiyaxolisa ngalento engiyenzile. I'll try my best and stay away from trouble." (I hear you dad and I'm sorry for what i did.) "You better. This is the last time I'm attending a meeting at school because of your behaviour."

"Have fun at detention." says Phiwokwakhe and they chuckle. "Haha not funny." I say and he rolls his eyes. "Mara shame my sister is a bullfighter guys so you have to understand when she gets into trouble she knows how to defend herself and it won't come across as good to others. Mina shame I don't blame you for hitting him." says Musa and they laugh. "This bullfighter must stop it." says ma.

After eating me and Mandisa clear the table and wash the dishes. "You haven't told anyone right." she asks. "Told anyone what?" I ask. "That I might be lesbian." "No I haven't. Don't worry your secret is safe with me until you ready to come out." She smiles. "You even forgot what i was talking about so I believe you." I roll my eyes.

"So are you going to take mom's advice and start doing an extra activity that will help you cope." she asks. "Yeah I will look for something I'm interested in." I lie. I already write to express myself so that is enough. "Okay that's good. No more fights bruh. This will create a bad record for you in the outside world." "No, people will know not to mess with me." "Always looking at the positive aspects of every fight." I laugh.

"Uyaphapha wena." I say and she laughs. (You are forward.)  I wipe the counter and hang the dishcloth on the oven handle. "Goodnight." "Night love." she says and we hug each other and she kisses my cheek. I go to the living room and say goodnight then i go to bed. One thing that keeps on crossing my mind through out the night is the kiss I shared with Ayesha. I think I might be going crazy.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●
I'm sitting in the front row behind the driver. Unfortunately I have to pay full price cause my favourite driver isn't here. Sigh. I give my money to the person sitting next to me and i put on my headsets and listen to music.

I feel a person's hand slightly touch my thigh and i bruh it off thinking its a mistake. The person repeats the action and i try to remove it but he doesn't stop. I take out my headphones and ask him to stop. "Shh sthandwa sami don't make noise I know you enjoy this." he whispers in my ear.

"Yeyi uyenzani wena!" shouts another person from behind me. (What are you doing?) He quickly removes his hand and pretends like nothing happened. "Uright nana?" she asks. "Cha cela ukuhlala nawe." I say and she nods. (No can i sit with you.) The driver stops at a red robot and i move from the seat that I was sitting at and sit next to the lady. "Askies sthandwa sami." I nod. (I'm sorry my love.)

"Amanye amadoda ayanyanyisa." she mumbles. (Some men are disgusting.) I can relate with that comment. This shit just triggered something in me. If it isn't that man reapprearing in my life its lowlife scumbags thinking they can touch me as they please. I put back my headphones and rest my head on her shoulder.

I get off the taxi and go to school. I run to the bathroom and i break down. Why does it always have to happen to me? The universe truly hates me. I doubt i will ever be happy in life.

£

I'm chilling at the library with Kwenzo explaining something to him for maths. "So do you understand now?" I ask. "Yeah I do thank you. You should be a teacher." he says. "Shame never i don't have the patience for students." He laughs. "You would be that teacher that would slap a student for giving the wrong answer." I laugh.

"Hai Kwenzo yazi awungboni." I say. (you don't see me.) "Yah vele or curse the child for asking for help." he says. "Mxm usile yeva." (You are mean.) "Ngiyadlala you would be a dope teacher that knows how to explain." (I'm joking.) "That's more like it." He smiles.

"Why were you crying this morning?" he asks and i look the other way. Were my eyes that visible or did he catch me? "I wasn't crying." I answer. "Don't lie to me Phiwokuhle I saw you." "It wasn't anything serious." "You know you can talk to me. I'm always there to listen." "No I'm fine." I blink away the tears and he pulls me in for a hug.

"Hey it's okay you can talk to me." he says. He rubs my back and whispers soothing words in my ear. I didn't know it would be nice to have an outsider comfort you. "I should have talked sooner." I say. "What do you mean?" "I should have done it sooner Kwenzo maybe I would have been okay." "You can tell me now."

I shake my head no. "Okay but you can talk to me when you are ready." he says and i nod. "Is it my fault when a guy molests or harasses me?" I ask. "What? No its not your fault and it will never be you fault you hear me." I nod.

I should have talked sooner maybe the thing that happened in the taxi wouldn't have triggered me that much or maybe i would haven't been this angry at the world for failing me...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 1.4K 36
These women have now grown into their own. They have kids, families, career's, friends of their owns. They can't rely on their parents to handle thin...
571 165 21
The teenage period is usually not always easy. You make mistakes, you learn from them. It's like a moulding phase towards adulthood, which tends to b...
138 36 28
'Let's commit the perfect crime. I'll steal your heart, you steal mine.' ~We finally found each other, in another life.~ Aiko had a hard life. With o...
110 17 15
Follow as these young people embark on a transformation from High School to the Real World (Which is ironic because this is a fictional book). They l...