Little Divine

By civizeiro

Divine; Godlike. Characteristic of or befitting a deity Little Divine was once born to a wealthy family by a... More

Author's note
Prologue
1 - Lost
2 - Alleyway
3 - Random location
5 - Hatred
6 - A gift
7 - Nightmare's secret
8 - DNA test
9 - The truth
10 - I'm sorry
11 - Baking
12 - Ice cream
13 - Poisoned
14 - Failed attempt
15 - Friends
16 - First interaction
17 - Break in
18 - Mcdonalds
19 - Shopping
20 - School day
21 - Torture
22 - Relatives
23 - False Alarm
24 - Suspicious
25 - Anger issues
26 - Apologizing
27 - Christmas Deco
28 - School Party
29 - New Year (Very late + Part 1)
30 - New Year (Very late + Part 2)
31 - Kidnapped

4 - Meeting the brothers

2.1K 48 3
By civizeiro

ROMEO'S POV

"Bébé, why don't you want to go to sleep?" I asked the love of my life as I watched her drink the coffee I made.

It hasn't been a long day but we already didn't get to have our good rest, especially when we found our still-not-sure daughter once again which was unexpected since we're in the middle of a mafia crisis. My first priorites are my children, my wife, and their mental health. I still want to take good care of them even though I'm d-mn dying here.

Until now, the heir of my mafia group who is my eldest son, still needed a bit of help. It is quite unusual but I'll do anything for him. And besides, Igor still has a grudge on trying to kill me.

The curls of Daleah's wavy hair makes her look adorable even though she stood awake with me. Her head turned to mine when I asked a question.

"I want to make our daughter comfortable on our bed. I don't think she has rested that long enough, judging on how her face looks with the deep eyebugs." Her lips spoke with an unusual sadness.

I do not like and want her to see in this state. It's not good if Daleah gets sad for a reason. But of course, she cares and worries for the little girl. There is a possible chance that the kid is our missing princess as I've observed their features enough. But I still wanted to check her DNA because some people just have similar faces.

Seeing Daleah's other hand close to mine, I held it gently. Our fingers slowly clawed together, feeling the tension of us getting romantic. I kissed the back of her hand while giving it gentle rubs. Her giggles fill up the kitchen room made by myself.

Suddenly, I heard a few loud stomps of footsteps going here. It must be our children that were already awake this time. The door was opened by one of the eldest children that we have, and his name is Dante.

"Father." He called in a most normal italian-english accent voice.

"What the! It's so early in the morning and y'all are already cootching with each other?" One of my other children thundered their vocal chords loudly and I felt a worm crawling out of my ear.

They are right, it's only four in the morning but that doesn't mean that they have the right to give someone an angry feeling. I felt like urging myself to explode in front of them when someone had slapped the back of their head. I watched the scene unfold in silence.

"Shut the f--- up!" Xavrio yelled at them, more likely to his twin who first screamed at us.

My other problematic son is named Xandro and both of them are unexpectedly twins. I based their names from the stories that I would usually read at our library whenever I get the free time from becoming a demonic retired capo. That was only once a month, if I remember.

"When will these idiots stop swearing! It's literally hurting my goddamn ears." The second eldest yelled out loud enough for us to hear.

Exactly, he has a point.

He had caught both of the twins' gaze. "Stop acting like you don't always swear!" They replied in unison.

It's getting annoying and their loud voices are pissing me off. At this point they could wake up the kid right now.

I saw my second youngest son who was quiet, just like always. Ever since Divine was taken away from us, he changed, even his personality changed. Not for us but for himself. He told me that he wanted to move on now that his little partner wasn't there by his side anymore. But what he doesn't know is that she is now back again.

Anyway, let's get back. Dante, the first eldest. The second one is named Andres. The third and fourth are the twins and the last one is Enzo. I wouldn't dare forget my own children even though I am growing white hairs.

The vibrating sounds of voices silenced down as Dante slammed his hand at the top of the counter.

"Father. You told us to meet you here at the kitchen. What was it for?"

Me and Daleah gave a glimpse of a smile at each other before turning away. "I called you all here to tell you something important, and it is about your little sister."

It was their turn to face each one of their siblings. Their confused emotions form up.

"What about her?" Andres asked me.

"Divine is back. Your little sister is back home, sleeping in our room!" My wife replied with joy and I could feel the same.

Their neutral faces changed into something new, or more like a shocked one. Some even had their jaw wide open and others got the 'I don't give an f' attitude. And it's nothing more than the favorite brother of Divine, the second youngest of the family, Enzo.

I knew that me and my wife's expectations would be definitely wrong about Enzo's. And I couldn't actually believe that this would happen. Even my inner self was upset about Enzo. Though I just noticed, no one appreciated my news as their faces turned into a dull one again. They all gave me a different feeling. It's like, they didn't want their sister back.

"Cool. Another piece of s---.." Xavrio sarcastically shouted which pissed me off. I furrowed my eyebrows in irritation but still having the urge to control my anger.

"Xavrio! Why would you say that?" My wife shouted at him, defending our daughter. I would also ask the same too.

"Father, mother, you know that our family is still in a desperate situation. Mafia shit and more. Why would you bring back Divine?" The eldest told the both of us.

We couldn't believe what he just said. I thought he would be any better just as I expected, but I guess I was wrong. Before I could talk, another person spoke.

"I also hate to agree but Dante's right." The second youngest, said.

I could already sense Daleah tearing up but she's refusing to. I'm at the same event as her and I don't like it. Our surroundings tensed up as the silence blasted on full mode. No words to bring out from us. My heart was racing quickly, a thousand blood of enraged heat packing my insides, but I didn't show it. I didn't have a choice, so did they.

This was unexpected, even the meet-up of my long lost daughter. Only God knows for the best of our family. I shook my head and faced them up again. "You're still going to meet her, whether you will like it or not. You're all dismissed."

I could feel their heads nodding and the footsteps going out of the kitchen.

I looked at my side to see Daleah crying already. Using my other hand to rub the back of her body to calm her down while I whisper things that will comfort my wife.

"Mia bambola, it's alright. Probabilmente non intendevano tutto."

( Mio bambola | They probably didn't mean it all. )

She hid her tears on my now wet t-shirt but I didn't care. Daleah needed me right now and I won't force her to let it all out.

☆☆☆

"Do we really have to introduce ourselves??" Xavrio reacted, annoyed.

I nodded my head. Yes you will, whether you hate it so much.

"Yes, now stop acting like a baby." I replied back at him, not looking towards his face. I'm still disappointed in their reactions.

We waited for a few minutes until Daleah was back, with our child, Divine. They both look gorgeous, just like mother and daughter. I examine the five guys' faces. Some had a weird expression and others had a straight one.

"Who's gonna introduce first?" Xandro asked but I didn't speak.

"Divine, then the five of you." My wife replied back to him. The boys only nodded before looking back at the little girl.

"C'mon darling, don't be shy."

Oh, so she's a shy type? That's cute but she can't always stay like that. I know that they'll grow much more confident soon.

"Uh, my name's Divine. That's it.." She looks adorable!

Why the f.. am I acting like this? I'm only a retired mafia boss but I'm still a part of their business, but I'm acting soft. There's a part of me that is becoming protective of this kid. If I ever get a call about the DNA results, I would run as fast as I can to the doctor to get the tests.

I gesture to the boys to start introducing themselves. They simply agreed without verbal words.

"I'm Dante, the oldest brother." 

"Andres, I guess."

"Xavrio, and this is Xandro. Don't fuck with us."

"Xav!" I shouted.

I noticed my little girl flinching and I quickly fixed myself. I'm sorry babygirl. But why would she do that? I remember that she doesn't flinch at loud noises.

The boys only made an amused face before shooting them a hard glare and changing back into a neutral one.

"Enzo."

The look on her eyes widened after he told her his name which I spotted right in front of me. There's a chance that she remembers him.

"You've grown older than before, but it doesn't mean that I have an interest in talking with you" Enzo said with a smirk forming at his face, which also shocked me. My wife and daughter had the same expressions as mine.

"Enz-"

"I agree with Enzo." I heard Andres speak. "Only call us if it's something important. We'll never talk to people like you so if you want to be friends with someone, go outside." He finishes and the boys leave.

Me and my wife were too stunned, to even move or speak. We eyed each other and to our daughter too, who was now crying.

Wait s---, my daughter is crying.

We both coincidentally came over to her and tried cheering her up, but it was no use. She wasn't calming down.

"We never even raised the boys like that. Why are they acting stubborn?" My wife gave me a question that I will never, ever believe at. But I'm not mad.

"They were not like that before. But I suppose, you're quite right. One thing that's for sure is that people change, Daleah." She only nodded at me although I prefer verbal answers, I didn't want to argue for now. So do her.

We only cuddle our tearing up daughter as we comfort them. Sobbing liquid of tears drying up as I wipe it away from her cheek.

"Don't listen to them, bambina. They've been through some hard times" I told the truth about the boys, though some had a meaning of lies.

( bambina/babygirl )

Every catastrophe also has hidden secrets. Some are good and some are the opposite, but I know that they'll also change. I'm counting for them, even to Enzo. I will be waiting until death springs out of me.

─────────────────────────

So what do you think about this chapter? What do you think about the brothers? I'll give you some time to think!

Don't forget to vote and comment here. Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

530K 11K 44
The D'Martini family especially D'Martini brothers are feared and respected by everyone across New York City. But what all of them don't know is the...
2.4M 60.7K 100
Marissa Riva is the Italian mafia princess. She has been missing since she was 4. Kidnapped by her own mother. The Riva family was mentally destroyed...
269K 5.9K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...
95.1K 2.3K 40
Isabella Ekaterina is the only daughter of the two most powerful mafia families in the world: the Di Luca Italian mafia and the Vasiliev Russian mafi...