Revenge #wattys2015

By averydelgotto46

22 year old Hazel Armada is living life to its fullest. She has a great family, her family has a successful b... More

Chapter 1 - the trip
Chapter 2- the new friend
chapter 3 - Paris
.chapter 4- I can be bad when I wanna be.
Chapter 6- I shouldn't, but i do.
chapter 7-the visitor
chapter 8 - The plan
.chapter 9 - why do i keep bumping into hot guys?
chapter 10- once upon a playdate
chapter 11- drama tends to follow us rich people.
chapter 12- the transformation
chapter 13 - just friends?
chapter 14- just like old times
chapter 15- I miss you...not
chapter 16- that is not what I meant to do.
Chapter 17- The crazy ex boyfriend
Chapter 18- Hello YouTube
Chapter 19- i never knew you had such interesting fashion tastes.
Chapter 20- Hazel, will you be my girl?
chapter 21- i am officially confused
chapter 22- beware of Celeste-zilla
Chapter 23- this is like a real life soap opera
chapter 24- heart and brain
chapter 25- the cat is out of the bag
chapter 26- good luck gone bad
Chapter 27 - where did you get that idea?
author's note
Chapter 28 - battered and bruised
chapter 29- unwanted fame
chapter 30-helping hand
chapter 31- realization and devastation
chapter 32- revealing secrets
chapter 33- discovered
Chapter 34- thicker than water
Chapter 35- family issues
Chapter 36- Pizza's here!
Chapter 37- vulnerable not weak
Chapter 38- I should've known
Chapter 39- uninvited
Chapter 40- I am here. who should I kill?
Chapter 41- framed
Chapter 42- cue the evil laugh
Chapter 43- Congratulations , you've updated your status from dumbass to moron
Chapter 44- yeah we're good
Chapter 45 - goodbye was just the beginning
Chapter 46-goodbye was just the beginning part II
Chapter 47- The things you do for me
Chapter 48- we may or may not have an audience
Chapter 49-you mean you're not pregnant yet!?
EPILOGUE
The very last author's note

chapter five-drowning in ice cream

8.3K 309 60
By averydelgotto46

I reached the hotel after what seemed like forever. Purple curtains. Post it notes. Coffee table. I'm an idiot.

She was living with him!!!!

I can't believe myself. This is like one of those cliche movies where the girl surprises the guy and the guy turns out to be a lying, cheating , manipulative bastard.

Moral: girls , if you don't want to find your guy with another woman , don't surprise him.

I let out a sigh of frustration.

The elevator ride to the 5th floor took forever. It was sad. And lonely. And painful. I went to my room and lay on the bed. The only thought that lingered in my mind before I fell asleep was

I'm breaking . I'm falling apart. And there's no one here to pick up the pieces.
*
*
*
*
*

I woke up to the sunshine streaming in. I had forgotten to close the curtains. I went to the bathroom and looked at my reflection.

In a word , I looked AWFUL.

My hair was a rats nest. My makeup was smudged . My mascara was dripping down from my eyes making me look like one of those creepy zombie brides you see at teenage Halloween parties.

I was a wreck.

I went back to bed and ordered room service. Ice cream and doughnuts. My comfort food. I turned on the TV. I was looking for a soap opera. One with a character who had even more rotten luck than mine.

I was about to get my phone , I needed to call my girls , when I realized I didn't have my phone. Grumbling , I settled for the landline that the hotel provided. I punched in Harley's number. I knew she'd be honest with me. Celeste tended to sugar coat her opinions.

"Yow" she answered on the third ring.

There was loud music in the background.

"Harley" I whispered.

"Hazel? Is that you? Hang on...TURN THAT SHIT OFF OR I'LL PUT MY KARATE LESSONS TO GOOD USE. "

I had to put an arm's length of distance between me and the phone. Harley had a strong set of lungs . She could be an opera singer if she wanted to.

Yeah like that'll happen.

I managed a chuckle. Harley managed to make me feel a millimeter better without even knowing it.

She had two younger brothers. They annoyed the crap out of her. She had a black belt in karate and she said what she wanted.

She had an amazing body even though she ate like an elephant but then again when you take karate lessons like she does you'll get skinny no matter how much you eat.

"Sorry, " she apologized . "you were saying?"

"I..... Robin..... He......"

Why couldn't a form a complete sentence?

"What'd he do? If he took you against your will I'll kill him. "

" no no no . . . we broke up. "

" Oh thank God " she said in relief When I didn't answer she quickly said

"oh I'm sorry, what happened?"

"He was cheating." I murmured. It hurt to say it. I felt like the more I told other people the more real it became.

"Ungrateful bastard" she grumbled.

"Harley?"

"Yeah?"

I broke down into tears.

"He was my world and now he's gone and I don't know what to do and I came all the way to Paris and I got my heart broken in the city of love and now I'm drowning in ice cream and all those work out sessions we had will be wasted.. And... I .... I....."

"Shhhhh shhh. Hazel, he's not worth your tears . Hell, he's not worth anyone's tears. You're a victim hazel. You're not the bad guy. Do you want me to come get you? I can hop on the next flight. "

"Really???"

" eh, why not. I'm not doing anything."

"You're the best. "

" I know. "

I could imagine her smirking . She really was the best.

2 and 1/2 gallons of ice cream later....

"Oh my GOSH. Hazel Armada I cannot believe you!!!!"

I opened my eyes and saw Harley standing in my doorway with an accusing glare .

" hey I wasn't kidding when I said I was drown---" but she cut me off.

"You had all this ice cream and you didn't bother to save some for me!? What the heck? "

My eyes widened at her statement. I wasn't kidding when I said she ate like an elephant.

"I didn't drag my ass all the way to Paris to find out you didn't bother to save any ice cream for me!"

"Chill , I have like half a gallon left. Y'know I'm a slow eater"

"You'd better."

So ,this was me. Laying down on my borrowed bed in yesterdays outfit eating ice cream with my best friend in the city of love. I needed new hobbies.

*

*

*

*

*

I spent the rest of the day/night cocooned up in the white linen sheets of the hotel. Harley was very supportive.....after she chewed me out and told me to take a shower.

I told her everything of course. From the purple curtains (which she scowled at ) to the restaurant fiasco (which she laughed at) to me flinging coffee at my ex-boyfriend...(which she high-fived me for)

At around 1am Harley's phone started ringing . She answered it with a smile on her face. (Note sarcasm)

Nodding she handed the phone to me.

"Who is it ?"

"Celeste"

"You told her?".

She shook her head no.

"Then how does she know you're with me?"

"She's a freaking genius. That's why. And I have a very talkative mother."

I answered the phone.

"Cel?"

"Hi Hazel! Happy monthsary!"

I almost dropped the phone.

Is it already that day? I thought to myself. I opened my planner.

Yup . November 18th .

I swallowed back a sob.

"It is today isn't it?" I heard Celeste's worried voice coming from the phone.

"Well... Actually cel...."

"Yeah?"

"We aren't together anymore...."

"WHAT!?"

"I'll explain everything when I get back."

I hung up before she could answer.

"So I guess its time to pack." I told Harley.

"But I just got here!" She whined.

I gave her my best puppy dog look.

"Uggghhhhh. Fine . Give me the suitcase. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 1.1K 24
β™‘β™‘π’žβ„΄π“π“β„―π’Έπ“‰π’Ύβ„΄π“ƒ ℴ𝒻 π“ˆπ“‰β„΄π“‡π’Ύβ„―π“ˆ....β™‘β™‘ π‘Ήπ’‚π’π’Œπ’Šπ’π’ˆπ’”... #3 revenge. 6-04-24 #3 collectionofshort...
294K 3.8K 30
Meet Hazel. She's a naive, teen-aged girl starting off at a new school during senior year, you've all been to high school. You know how crude teens c...
2K 35 13
Hazel Hamilton is a 17 year old girl in high school. She lived in Florida and moved to California, where she struggles to get her life back together...
4.1M 89.5K 60
When running away from her past, twenty two year old Alina runs straight into the arms of Romeo De Luca, twenty six and an Italian Mafia Don, not jus...