A Spark of Courage: Rise of t...

By MrsCyberpunk

Generation after generation, immortal guardians like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the tooth fairy prote... More

Prologue
The Brand New Guardians
Meeting the Guardians
Center Talks and Sleigh Rides
Attack on Tooth Palace
Operation: Collect the Teeth
Sweet Dreams No More
*Authors Note*
Welcome to the Warren
Our Greatest Fear
*Authors note*
Every Story has a Beginning
Final Battle
*Update*
Sparks of Courage

It's Time to Believe

239 9 2
By MrsCyberpunk

Tsuki's eyes snap open as she gasps slightly, taking a step back. She breathes for a moment. It took a moment  for her to fully understand everything that she learned. She remembers everything.

Tsuki: I... I remember everything! I had a human friend who saved me. And I saved him. I saved his niece and nephews. I died in that fire. I remember that he told me to embrace my courage and to use it to protect others.

Tsuki smiles widely before she looks up into the sky and up at the moon.

Tsuki: *Smiles* That's why you chose me. I'm a guardian.

Tsuki was immediately filled with determination.

Tsuki: I have to find Jack.

Tsuki looks down and sees that her parasol is still broken. She picks it up and examines it.

Tsuki: But first things first, let's find that other half.

Before she can leave, Tsuki looks down and sees the old paper, the one with her in the past and Hajime. She picks it up and smiles.

Tsuki: Hajime, thank you for being there for me.

She quickly folds it and puts it away in the collar of her robe. With that, Tsuki took off, running at high speeds until she spots the area she and Pitch fought in. She quickly comes to a stop and spots the other half of the parasol. She quickly bends down and picks it up. She brings out her broken handle as she attempts to put the pieces back together using her power, but nothing happened.

Tsuki: Come on! Don't do this to me!

Tsuki attempts to do it again, but this time, she lights the entire parasol on fire. In an instant, the entire paper umbrella starts glowing a bright blue, causing Tsuki to shield her eyes. When the light died down, Tsuki looked again and saw that the flames were extinguished, and the parasol was back to its original state. She opened it, happy to see it was fully functional again as she put it over her shoulder.

Tsuki: Good to see you back to normal. It's a shame you got caught up in that love quarrel. Hopefully, I never go through that again.

???: Tsuki!

Tsuki's ears perked up when she heard a familiar voice. She looks up and sees Jack and Baby Tooth, alive and well.

Tsuki: *Excited* Jack!

Jack zooms over to her and hugs her tightly while Tsuki hugs him back. Baby Tooth squeaks happily as she's happy to see that Tsuki's okay.

Jack: You're alright! I thought I had lost you.

Tsuki: It's okay, Jack. It's not your fault. You had no idea this would happen. Neither of us did. I'm just glad you're okay. *Punches Jack in the arm* Just don't do that again, you big icicle.

Jack laughs.

Jack: Okay, hothead.

Tsuki noticed that Jack's staff was fixed.

Tsuki: Hey. Your staff is fixed. I thought Pitch broke it.

Jack: Well, that's a long story. But first, there's something we need to do first.

Tsuki was confused for a moment, but she quickly nodded in agreement.

Tsuki: Right.

Sometime later...

Both Jack and Tsuki arrived back in Pitch's lair, and they went to free the fairies. Jack opens one of the cages as Tsuki lands on another one.

Jack: Come on, let's go!

The little fairies tried to fly, but they couldn't.

Jack: What's wrong?

Both spirits looked up and saw that none of Tooth's fairies were flying.

Tsuki: None of you can fly?

Baby Tooth squeaks, catching their attention. They looked at the globe and saw the lights going out.

Tsuki: The Lights!

At North's workshop, A yeti carefully places down the last newly painted red robot on the shelf along with the others. He sighs in relief that he managed to finish them all. All of a sudden, the whole factory started to shake violently, and the yeti quickly caught the robot he had just finished painting. Streaks of black sand whooshed up around the globe with paper flying around while the yetis and the elves shield themselves from the harsh wind. Cackling was heard, and someone emerged from the black sand. It was Pitch.

Pitch: You're all free to go! We won't be needing any Christmas toys this year. Thank you! *Bows* Nor ever again!

The yeti looks at the robots he finished painting as he groans in dismay, thinking that all his hard work went for nothing. Back at Pitch's lair, Jack and Tsuki jumped down, landing on the stairs as they quickly ran towards the globe and saw the lights going out rapidly.

Jack: They're all going out.

Tsuki gasps in horror.

Tsuki: N-No...

Back at North's workshop, only six lights were left on the globe.

Pitch: Only six left! Six precious children who still believe in the guardians with all their hearts. Make that five!

He steps on a light that was close to him, making it fade.

Pitch: Ooo! Four!

Pitch dances across the globe and steps on another light, making it fade.

Pitch: Three! TWO!!!

Pitch destroys two lights at the same time. He snaps his fingers with a smirk as he anticipates the last light going out. But nothing happened. He snaps his fingers two more times. Seeing it's not working, he turns and growls in anger at the last light.

Pitch: One...

Back at Pitch's lair, both Jack and Tsuki see the last light, and with hope in their eyes, they get up on the globe. They both realized who it is.

Both: Jamie!

In Burgess, Jamie is sitting on his bed and starts talking to his stuff rabbit.

Jamie: Okay, look. You and I are obviously at what they call a crossroads. So here's what's gonna happen.

At that point, Jack and Tsuku appear outside his window and watch as Jamie is talking to his stuff rabbit.

Jamie: If it wasn't a dream, and if you are real, then you have to prove it, like, right now.

Jamie was waiting for something to happen as Jack and Tsuki were watching and listening. They frown at the sight.

Jamie: I've believed in you for a long time, okay? Like, my whole life, in fact. So you kinda owe me now. You don't have to do much. Just a little sign, so I know.

Jamie picks up his stuff rabbit as the two spirits watch with sadness in their eyes.

Jamie: Anything. Anything at all!

Jamie had hope in his eyes as he waited for something to happen. Unfortunately, nothing happened.

Jamie: *Defeated* I knew it...

He drops his rabbit on the floor, alerting the two spirits as Tsuki's ears fell, and Jack gently pushes the window open. Jamie looked like he was about to cry any moment until he heard something. He looked at his window, frost appeared on a lower windowpane, and then a picture of an Easter egg was drawn as Jamie looked at his window in shock. He looks at his rabbit on the floor, and then he gets up from his bed as he sees frost forming again on his upper windowpane above the Easter egg drawing.

Jamie: He's real...

He saw a picture of a rabbit being drawn. Tsuki finished drawing the rabbit as she nodded at Jack. Jack smiles as he uses his power to pull off the frost rabbit, making it come to life as a 3D rabbit. Jamie looked amazed as the rabbit started hopping around the room. Jamie laughs happily as he starts chasing after it. Jack and Tsuki both laughed with joy at the sight. Tsuki then gets an idea. She was going to make it a little more interesting. She took a deep breath, and in an instant, she exhaled smoke from her mouth. The smoke changed and morphed into an illusion of beautiful flowers and easter eggs. The illusion traveled towards the rabbit as it started circling around it, making Jamie stare in awe by this. All of a sudden, the rabbit burst as it starts to snow in Jamie's room. The illusion dissipates as small blue embers take its place.

Jamie: *Confused* Snow? Blue embers?

A snowflake and the embers land on his nose. He stops. He utters two names.

Jamie: Jack Frost...Tsukihime...

This caused both spirits to look at him in surprise.

Tsuki: What...

Jack: Did he just say...

Tsuki looked shocked by what Jamie just said as the kid got up and looked around his room.

Jamie: Jack Frost? Tsukihime?

Jack gasps quietly as Tsuki looks stunned.

Jack: He said it again. He said... You said...

Tsuki: He said our names.

Jamie turns around and looks at both Jack and Tsuki. His eyes widen, and his jaw drops.

Jamie: Jack Frost! Tsukihime!

Jack: *Excited* That's right! But-but that's us, Jack Frost! And Tsukihime! That's our name's! You said our names!

Tsuki: I don't believe it!

Jamie kept staring. It was at that moment that both spirits realized something.

Jack: Wait... C-Can you hear us?

Jamie nods.

Tsuki: Can you... Can you see us?

Jamie nods again as he grows a smile.

Jack: He sees us! He sees us!

Jack looked like he was about to cry tears happiness as he laughs happily and flips backwards onto Jamie's desk as Tsuki's smile widens as her tail swayed back in forth, tears of joy leaked from her eyes.

Jamie: You just made it snow!

Jack: I know!

Jamie: In my room!

Jack: I know! *Jumps off the desk*

Jamie: *To Tsuki* And you made those flowers and Easter eggs!

Tsuki: I did!

Jamie: And those blue embers, when they touched me forehead, I felt more courageous than I normally am!

Tsuki: That's what I do every day!

Jamie: You're both real?

Jack: Yeah! Who do you think brings you all the blizzards and the snow days? And remember when you went flying on that sled the other day?

Jamie: That was you?

Jack: That was me!

Jamie: Cool!

Jack: Right!

Eventually, Tsuki steps in as she faces Jamie.

Tsuki: And who do think is responsible for giving you those sparks of courage when you needed it the most?

Jamie looks at her dumbfounded.

Jamie: You do that!?

Tsuki: Correct. *Smiles*

Jamie: But what about the Easter Bunny? And the Tooth Fairy?

Jamie gets cut off by Jack as he picks up the stuffed rabbit.

Jack: Real, real, real! Every one of us is real!

Tsuki: Jack is right, kid. We're all real.

Jamie: I knew it!

Before anyone else could say something else, Jamie's mother calls out from outside his room.

Jamie's Mom: Jamie, who're you talking to?

Jamie stopped bouncing on his bed.

Jamie: Um...

Jack just gestures his head at the door while Tsuki nods with a small smile.

Jamie: ...Jack Frost and Tsukihime?

Jamie's Mom: *Chuckles* ... Okay.

Jamie, Jack, and Tsuki all laugh together. All of a sudden, the window flutter opens from the strong wind, causing the three to get worried. Jack looks at the window with Jamie and Tsuki following him. Tsuki holds Jamie close to her while he holds on to her sleeves tightly. Both spirits knew the job was far from over. They still had the threat of the Boogeyman at hand. Outside of Jamie's house, North was clumsily flying through the air on his sleigh. Unfortunately, due to his depleted strength, he was unable to control it

North: Who, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!

The sleigh loses control as it crashes in front of Jamie's yard as all the reindeer got loose and ran off.

North: Ah, Moi Deti! Come back!

North was struggling to get up while Tooth and Makoto stood up and went to help North.

Tooth: North, are you okay?

Makoto: Are you alright, dude?

North: It's official. My powers are kaput!

The sleigh made a few cracking sounds that knocked North off balance. It was then that Tooth noticed something.

Tooth: Look!

Everyone looked up and saw Jack flying down to them, though they didn't notice Tsuki yet. Happy to see him, Tooth tries to fly towards him.

Tooth: Jack!

Unfortunately, she falls down and gets up while Jack helps her. Her depleted power has made her unable to fly.

Tooth: Jack!

Tsuki quickly rushes over to help Tooth.

Tsuki: You alright, Tooth?

Instead of replying, Tooth looked shocked to see Tsuki. She immediately pulls her into a big hug, surprising the fox.

Tooth: Tsuki! I can't believe it! You're alive!

Tsuki looked at her a little confused by that statement. Before she could ask anything else...

North and Makoto: Tsuki!?

Tsuki saw North and Makoto looking at her with both shock and relief on their faces.

Makoto: Tsuki!

The small Kappa ran over to her and hugged her legs.

Makoto: I'm so glad that you're alright, Tsuki. I knew you'd keep your promise!

Tsuki looks at him confused.

Tsuki: Well, of course I'm ok. Why wouldn't I be? Did you all think I was dead?

Makoto: They did, I didn't.

North looks at both Jack and Tsuki while using one of his swords as a crutch.

North: What are you two doing here?

Jack: Same as you.

Both Jack and Tsuki turned around and saw Jamie coming out of his house. He runs over and sees the guardians with amazement.

North: The last light!

Makoto: Cool...

Jamie: Wow! It is you! I mean, it is you!

Jamie laughs happily while touching North's hand.

Jamie: *To Jack and Tsuki* I knew it wasn't a dream!

Everyone looked stunned that Jamie saw both spirits.

North: Jack, Tsuki. He sees you two!

Jack shoves Jamie's shoulder out of fondness, causing Tsuki to let out a small laugh. Jamie looked ahead and noticed Makoto.

Jamie: Woah! I've seen you before.

Makoto: Huh?

Jamie: Yeah, I remember me and my friends going on this field trip before winter break, and we were at the gift shop. I bought this book that was about weird and cool monsters, and I saw one monster that looked like you. I think they're called "Kappa?"

Makoto: Oh, I see. By any chance, did your sister happen to see that book as well?

Jamie: Yeah, why?

Makoto: *Snaps his claws* That explains it.

While both Makoto and Jamie were conversing, Tsuki looked around and noticed someone wasn't with them.

Tsuki: Wait... where's Bunny?

North: Losing Easter took its toll on all of us. Bunny, most of all...

Makoto: And wow, he took it hard. I mean, look at him.

North, Tooth, and Makoto all turned to look at the sleigh. Just then, a tiny grey and white rabbit jumps on the edge of the sleigh. Tsuki's eyes widen. She covers her mouth, trying hard not to stifle a laugh.

Tsuki: *In her head* Oh lord! Why is Bunny so cute and adorable as a small rabbit?!

Jack: Oh no...

Bunny hops off and lands on the wing while his nose twitches, causing Tsuki to almost squeal at this. She was trying to hold her laughter while at the same time, she wanted to run over and hug that little bundle of joy. But she managed to keep her composure. Jamie walks over to him as he laughs.

Jamie: That's the Easter bunny?

Bunny: Now somebody sees me! I mean, where were you about an hour ago, mate?

Jamie: What happened to him? He used to be huge and cool, and now he's... cute.

Tsuki: *Under her breath* Yes, he is...

Jamie scratches under Bunny's cheek, causing him to start to moan a little while thumping his foot on the sleigh's wing.

Bunny: Oh, that's good.

Tsuki slightly smirks. She might use that trick on him later. Let's just hope he doesn't figure out about the spot behind her left ear. Bunny gets a grip and knocks Jamie's hand away. He looks at Jack with a glare.

Bunny: *Embarrassed* Did you tell him to say that?

Bunny hops over to Jack and kicks his leg with both his rear haunches. He jumps back before putting up his paw, looking like he's ready to box.

Bunny: That's it! Let's go! Me and you! Come on!

Tsuki couldn't help but silently laugh at this.

Tsuki: *In her head* Oh lord, I can't handle this much cuteness.

Jamie: No, actually. He and Tsuki told me you were real! Just when I started to think that maybe you weren't.

Bunny's eyes widen for a moment. He looks at Jack and then notices Tsuki before looking back at Jamie.

Bunny: They made you believe? In me?

Jamie nods with a smile.

Bunny looks at Jack and gives him a grateful smile, with Jack smiling back at him. It was then that Bunny looked at Tsuki.

Bunny: Tsuki?

She smiles at him before bending down to his level. Bunny hopped over to her.

Tsuki: Hi, Bun Bun.

Bunny: You're here... You're alright... But we thought that you were... and I-I...

Tsuki: Bunny, I'm alright. Oh, and by the way... *Smirks* I think you're adorable looking like this.

Tsuki playful boops him on his little nose, causing him to blush. Tsuki laughs at this. Unfortunately, their little moment was interrupted by the sound of thunder and lightning in the sky, startling them both as they looked up along with everyone else. Tooth went over to Jamie as he got up along with Tsuki. Up in the sky, they saw Pitch on a cloud of black sand as he looked down at them. Jack and Tsuki glared at Pitch.

Tsuki: Get Jamie out of here!

Jack flew up in the air as Tsuki opened her parasol and flew right beside him.

North: Be careful, you two!

The others ran off, leading Jamie to safety while Jack and Tsuki ready themselves as they flew towards Pitch. He looks down at the spirits in shock.

Pitch: Jack Frost!? Tsukihime!? *Sighs deeply* Let's end this, shall we?!

Jack sends an ice attack towards Pitch, but he blocks it with his black sand as a makeshift shield.

Pitch: That little trick doesn't work on me anymore.

In a swift motion, he sends a blast of black sand at Jack, hitting him and causing him to fall to the city below.

Tsuki: Jack!

Pitch chuckles and pursues after him until a stream of fire is shot, almost hitting him. He turns and sees Tsuki, giving him a cold glare.

Pitch: I see you survived my attack, my dear. It was such a sight to see their faces weep in despair from the news. They thought you were dead... especially a certain rabbit.

This caused Tsuki to harden her glare as she clenched her teeth, baring her canines.

Tsuki: You're going to pay for this! For everything!

Tsuki exhaled flames from her mouth as she breathed fire towards him.

Meanwhile, with the others.

Bunny: This way! This way!

Bunny was leading the others to safety. They turn to an alleyway but stop when they hit a dead end.

Bunny: Ah! Dead end! Other way! Other way!

Tooth, Jamie, and Makoto start running while North is limping. Just then, Jack falls from the sky and hits a dumpster before landing hard on the lid.

Jamie: Jack!

Everyone ran over to help him.

North: That was a good try, Jack. "A" for effort.

Jack: He's stronger. I can't beat him.

The storm cackles again. Everyone hears an explosion from the sky. They look up to see Tsuki and Pitch battling each other as Pitch blocked a Tsuki's fire breath with his black sand as a shield. He sends a wave of black sand towards her as she uses her parasol to block it. She dodges another attack as she backs away. All of a sudden, she winces in pain as she grabs onto her abdomen. Everyone looks in concern.

Tooth: What's happening?

Jack: She hasn't fully recovered from last time!

Makoto: If she continues to overexert herself, it could have grave consequences on her body.

Everyone became concerned. Tsuki was about to fire another attack until Pitch sent another wave of black sand towards her. She quickly blocks it using her parasol, but unfortunately, her depleting strength gets the better of her. Pitch manages to get the upper hand and knock her back. Tsuki is sent flying towards the ground, unaware of the paper flying out of her robe collar. She crashes down onto the ground in front of everyone.

Everyone: Tsuki!

Everyone went towards her as she got up, with the help of Jack and Jamie as she grunted in pain from the hard landing.

Jack: *Worried* Are you okay, Tsuki?

Tsuki: I-I'm alright, Jack... *Grunts in pain*

Makoto: You're not alright. You need to rest. Your strength hasn't fully recovered.

Tsuki: I can't... I'm not - *Winces* backing down...

Before anyone else could say anything, a menacing chuckle rang through the alley as they saw a shadow streak across the alleyway.

Pitch: All this fuss over one little boy, and still he refuses to stop believing! Very well. There are other ways to snuff out a light.

His shadow arm moved across to the remaining lights as the bulbs burst. Jamie was terrified at what was happening as Makoto held him in a protective hug. Jack holds out his arm in front of the young boy. Bunny hops in front of the group.

Bunny: If you want him, you're gonna have to go through me!

A shadow of Pitch's hand appears on the ground as it tries to poke Bunny.

Pitch: *Mockingly* Look how fluffy you are. Would you like a scratch behind the ears?

Bunny quickly hops back to the group and jumps onto Tsuki's arms.

Bunny: Don't you even think about it.

Pitch and the nightmares came out from the shadows.

Pitch: I can't tell you all how happy it makes me to see you all like this. You look awful.

North, Jack, and Tsuki started glaring at Pitch as they were now cornered, with the shadows growing near as the group backed up. Jamie looks at Jack and Tsuki with slight fear in his eyes.

Jamie: Jack, Tsuki... I'm scared.

Jack looks at Jamie and places his hand on his shoulder and gives him a reassuring smile before zoning out remembering the same words that his sister said to him. Tsuki remembered the words Hajime's niece, Reiko, spoke when she was trapped in that burning house.

Tsuki: Don't worry, Jamie. We're not going to let anything happen to you. You just have to be courageous to face your fears.

Jack: I know, I know. But you're gonna be all right... We're gonna have a little fun instead. That's it! That's my center!

Tsuki and Jamie look at him, confused. Pitch chuckles as the nightmare he's riding walked closer to them.

Pitch: So what do you think, Jamie?

Jack stands up while Jamie stares at Pitch, still fearful.

Pitch: Do you believe in the boogey...

Pitch was interrupted by a snowball hitting him in the face, with two of his nightmares looking at each other with confused looks. Jamie and Tsuki let out a laugh. North also lets out a laugh along with Makoto. Jack chuckles while tossing a snowball up in the air and catching it with his hand. He locked over at some nearby items and then turned to Jamie.

Jack: Now let's go get your friends.

Jack looks at Tsuki with a smile as she smiles back. Pitch wipes off the snow on his face and grunts in anger. He quickly moves out of the way when a trail of ice is created. He looked to where it was going. He furrowed his eyes in anger, knowing that the guardians managed to get away from him.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 40 10
astrea borealis. or y/n l/n. whatever her name is, she was out there, probably riding her dragon. she heightened imaginations in children. she would...
25.4K 532 18
Generation after generation, immortal Guardians like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Mother Nature, the Tooth Fairy, and Sandman protect the world's c...
2.2K 65 4
When The Boogyman Pitch returns, it's up to (Y/n) to help The Guardians stop him. A girl who has the power to control the elements. This story takes...
15.4K 220 26
THIS IS BASED OFF OF MY ONESHOTS I MADE WITHIN MY "CARTOONS X READER ONESHOTS" BOOK!!! I HOPE YOU LIKE IT! 💜 From the Man in the Moon, he grants bei...