Sweet Nothing (Clark Kent x B...

נכתב על ידי everybodyhatesmills

This story takes place five years after Small World. Amber and Clark are happily married and successful journ... עוד

Cast/Playlist
Better Place
Small Town
Good Mourning
What Family Is For
Earth Girl
Sick Day 2.0
Heated
Best Interest
Puppy Love
Proud
Growing Pains
The Fate Of The Planet
Oh God, Miss You On My Lips

Let Them Eat Cake

411 7 1
נכתב על ידי everybodyhatesmills

May 26-Metropolis, Delaware

You repeatedly checked the time as the three of you waited in the parking lot. Zeeke was supposed to be out five minutes ago, and you had to get back home. When he finally walked out of the school doors, he got into the backseat next to his brother.

"Hey kiddo!" Clark smiled. "How was the last day of school?"

"Boring. It's just fourth grade."

"You're growing up. I remember when you were just a little boy."

"I remember when you came out of me."

"Gross, mom."

"At least you weren't like Jon. He was ten pounds."

"Woah! I was a huge baby!"

"Yes, you were. You had me looking like Frankenstein for months."

"Mom!"

"Okay, I'm done."

"Okay you guys, we're on a tight schedule." Clark told you. "Everyone will be there at 4:30."

"Lucky for you, I am the best mom ever, and I decorated the house at the crack of dawn this morning."

"So, who's excited?"

"Me!" The little boy yelled.

"You excited for your birthday, Zeeke?"

"It's not my birthday, dad. My birthday was three days ago."

"And your brother's is in two days. You can still celebrate it today." You told him.

"I know. I just kind of miss having my own party."

"We throw one big party for you and Jon right in the middle of your birthdays. We've been doing this for a little while now. Why don't you like it anymore?"

"Because, I'm not 5 anymore."

"Well, when you turn eighteen, we will throw you your own party. Deal?"

"Deal."

You loved your kids. You loved them more than anything else in the world. But, you hated throwing parties for them. The summer breeze flew through the kitchen windows as you put the final candle on the cake. You hadn't planned on having Zeeke and Jon in the same month, obviously. But, at least you can throw their parties together.

You lifted up the cake and began taking it to the dining room. Unbeknownst to you, there was a toy abandoned on the floor. The cake began to tilt until a gust of wind flew by, and the dessert was upright in your hands once again.

"Thanks, Barry."

"Don't mention it."

You joined the group around the large table and set the cake down in the middle.

"Ready?" You asked.

"Ready!"

Clark held up the phone that had his parents and Conner watching through the screen. You stood behind your boys and joined the group as they finished the song.

"Happy birthday dear Zeeke and Jon! Happy birthday to you!"

They blew out the candles and moved back so that you could cut it. Barry and Roy tried to sneak more than one piece, which was quickly put to a stop.

"Save some for the kids!" Selina scolded.

"Have some cake, Damian." Bruce told his son.

"I'd rather not."

"Just a tiny bit?" Helena asked, looking up at her brother with big eyes.

He sighed and put a small piece on his fork and took it into his mouth.

"Are you happy now, sister?"

"Yep!"

"Nora! Bart!" Iris exclaimed. "Not too much! You know you how you two get on sugar." The twins were already running amuck around the house by the time their mother called to them. "Barry-"

"On it, babe." He winked before dashing off after his kids.

"Daddy." Lian whispered. "Put this in your pocket." She gave him two handfuls of candy that she had swiped from the table.

"You remind me so much of your mother."

"I'm back!" Cassie said as she held the small baby in her arms. "Riley's diapers are no joke. What did I miss?"

"Literally the whole cake cutting." You told her.

"Aw, man!"

"I'll take her, and you take this." Anthony took the little girl and traded her with a plate of cake.

"Thanks, babe."

"Happy birthday, Jon!"

"Thanks, Helena!"

The two hugged and began to talk as they ate their cake.

"Helena and Jon sitting in a tree..." Bart whispered.

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G." Nora finished.

"Ew, gross!" Helena exclaimed.

"That's right, honey." Bruce told his daughter.

The house grew quieter as each family began to leave. The party continued until it was just your immediate family left.

"You got all your stuff, buddy?" Clark asked.

"Yep!"

"Okay. Did you have fun?"

"Yeah!"

"I'm glad! We'll see you in a couple days."

"Bye, Zeeke." Jon said sadly.

"I'll see you on Sunday night."

"That's so long!"

"You can play with my presents while I'm gone."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Bye!"

"Bye, mom!"

"Bye, sweetie!"

Cassie and Anthony hugged Jon and wished him a happy birthday once again.

"Bye sweet baby." You whispered as you bounced Riley in your arms.

After all the goodbyes, you handed the baby to Cassie as the four of them headed out the door.

"See you soon!"

You closed the door behind them, and leaned your head against it with a sigh.

"Another year down." You said.

"Come on, Jon. It's bedtime." Clark told the boy as he picked him up.

"Aw!"

"Tomorrow, I'll make pancakes."

"Okay!"

"Goodnight, baby."

"Night, mommy!"

You gave him a kiss as you followed them up the stairs. You went into your room and got out your pajamas. About ten minutes flew by until Clark joined you in bed.

"He's out. For now at least."

"I give it twenty minutes."

"Now, about that mess downstairs."

"I swear I was going to get started. I'm just so tired-"

Before you could finish your sentence, he was off to tidy up all of the balloons, toys, and cake crumbs. Within a second, he was right back next to you.

"Already done." He smiled.

"It's so sexy when you do that."

"Yeah?"

He placed his hand on your cheek and pulled you closer to him. You smiled into the kiss as you put your hand on his chest.

"I miss you." You whispered.

"I'm right here."

"Clark, I miss you."

"Oh."

"I think we can squeeze it in before Jon wakes up and asks for something."

"Making love isn't something that you squeeze in, babe."

"Please, we haven't made love in like a year. What we do is more of a six minute exercise."

"You know what I mean."

"Look, I want more time with you so badly. But, we have two kids, full time jobs, and you have your Superman and Justice League duties. We're not always going to have time for other things."

"I know. I just miss you."

"I miss you too, baby."

"Mommy!" You heard from down the hallway. "I have to go potty!"

"You see?" You asked. "That's what I'm talking about."

"Yeah, I know."

You gave him one more kiss before getting up and walking to the door.

"But, I wouldn't trade it for anything."

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

3.1K 82 12
Her life was full of misery, and she felt like she couldn't ever escape. His life was changing because of a revelation that changed his family's dyna...
8.2K 122 12
A girl from the big city of Metropolis makes a trip to the small town of Smallville after being adopted by The Kents at age 12. She loves the idea ab...
892 38 4
This short story happens after Infinite Crisis (you can find it here on my profile and read it). It's based on 2 stories: Smallville season 9 Pandora...
13.6K 224 38
Most of this will be set from season 5 on but the first few chapters will be deal with Clark and Katherine's relationship during season 4 when he fir...