OCEAN EYES | Draco Malfoy

Per Freya_Arwen

'We're cousins', I shout out loud while storming through the empty hallway. 'Oh, stop saying that, Nessa', he... Més

Characters
IMPORTANT
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1: Amortentia
Chapter 2: Divination class
Chapter 3: Confessions
Chapter 4: Secrets
Chapter 5: Let me tell you about your father
Chapter 6: Moods
Chapter 7: Guilt
Chapter 8: Different
Chapter 9: Twin Flame
Chapter 10: Words are poison
Chapter 12: Invitation
Chapter 13: Kiss and consequences
Chapter 14: Detention
Chapter 15: Best friend
Chapter 16: Heat
Chapter 17: Just the two of us
Chapter 18: Hands off my girl
Chapter 19: Incident

Chapter 11: Halloween party

185 3 2
Per Freya_Arwen

Nessa Black

My mom gave me the name Nessa in honor of a fictional character created by the wizard author J. R. R. Tolkien. The Silmarillion was released in the UK several years before I was born, and as my mother was so impressed by the stories in that book, she decided to name me after one of the female characters.

She chose the Valar* Nessa - 'The Dancer'.

(*The Valar are "angelic powers" or sometimes described as "gods" for better understanding in Tolkien's legendarium who were subordinate to the main God - Eru Iluvatar.)

Nessa was noted for her speed, able to outrun the deer who followed her in the wild, and also for her dancing ability, as she danced on the ever-green lawns of Valinor**.

(**Valinor or the Blessed Realms is a fictional location, the home of the immortal Valar.)

My name was the biggest inspiration for my costume for the annual Halloween party at Hogwarts. I wanted to recreate the image and presence of the Valar Nessa to the tiniest detail.

'If I was a boy, I would fall in love with you, for real', Bella giggles as she finishes my make-up look. For the first time, we're preparing for a party without Pansy. I haven't visited the Hospital Wing since the last attempt, but I learned from Bella that she was going to be discharged this Sunday, which is in two days.

'Stop it!', I try not to move my face while Bella is doing my make-up but to be honest she isn't contributing.

'Ta-da!', Bella claps with her hands in excitement. 'Open your eyes!', she commands and as I do so, she grabs my wrist and takes me in front of the mirror in our dorm.

I take my time observing our reflections.

Bella's costume is inspired by the American actress Marilyn Monroe (she happens to have Veela ancestry by the way). I couldn't think of any other figure that would suit her better. She wears the iconic white dress, silver high-heel sandals, and a cute shiny purse. Her hair is styled in a typical 50s hairdo. The red lipstick makes her lips look bigger and juicier. Bella even added a fake mole for a perfect finish to the look.

I am wearing a baby pink off-shoulder sleeves dress. The sleeves are puffed and made of a transparent sheer cloth. The upper part of the dress is a corset, which accentuates my breasts and waist. The lower part of the dress falls freely in several layers of sheer veils. Underneath I am wearing a pair of flat golden Roman-style sandals with straps going up to my knee. On my head, I have a golden crown with pink floral motifs. My long brown hair is falling freely over my back in prominent but soft waves.

As a reference for Nessa's look.

'Bells', I begin. 'You know we have to outdo this somehow at the Halloween party next year, right?'

We both burst into laughter.

'We'll think about this in a year. Now, let's enjoy the night just as we can', she gives me a warm hug, but it doesn't last long as someone knocks on our dorm's door.

Bella jumps out of the hug and rushes into opening the door.

'Hi, girls', Theo's wide smile greets us. He is wearing a ripped-off white shirt with blood stains all over it, and a pair of black tight pants.

Behind him stands Blaise in his astonishing Batman costume.

'Where is Malfoy?', Bella asks the question I didn't have the balls to ask.

'He left earlier', Blaise says. 'He said he was going to wait for us in the Great Hall.'

'Let's grab our masks and go', Bella faces me and I nod.

I love masquerades. The funny thing about them is that they bring out the rawest version of people. Wearing a mask seems to free people from all types of restraints...and masks.

***

Draco Malfoy

Everyone who knows me well is well aware of the fact that I care a lot about my appearance. Some may call me vain and I may completely agree.

If I start doing something, I make sure that I give a thousand percent of myself and I make it perfect.

The Halloween costume is no exception.

This year I am paying tribute to the Joker, portrayed by Jared Leto. I am wearing tight black pants with a tucked-in half-unbuttoned white shirt. An untied bowtie hangs from both sides of my neck. I put several fake tattoos on my chest and some gold chains to complete the look. I even sprayed my hair with a temporary green hair spray. I chose to wear a half-face plain white mask for the theme of the party: Masquerade.

As a reference for Draco's look.

I was one of the first students to arrive in the Great Hall because I wanted to save the best table in the Slytherin section. The Great Hall is transformed into a big dancing hall, and tables are arranged in a circle surrounding the dance floor. Halloween-themed decorations are hanging from the ceiling and sticking from the walls. The lighting is dim, several moveable spotlights are illuminating the dancefloor.

The Great Hall is already starting to crowd with students from different houses, but I am still waiting for my bloody friends. Why does it take them so much to bring their arses up to the Great Hall?

I spot a boy in a Batman costume on the opposite side of the hall, near the entrance.

'That must be Blaise', I whisper to myself and stand up to have a better perspective.

My eyes desperately look for a pair of ocean eyes in the crowd.

She is walking several steps ahead of Blaise and Bella, alongside Theodore. I could never confuse that face even if it's partly covered with a mask.

She is stunning in her fairy pink dress, but I couldn't expect less.

I don't want to take my eyes off her, but even I am not that creepy, so I will control myself.

I raise my hand in the air to catch their attention, and it doesn't take long. Nessa is the first one to spot me and I swear that she blushes although I can't see anything clear in that dim lighting. I just know it.

The four of them finally approach the table I'd reserved for us.

'Malfoy, that's the best table. Close to the dance floor, but not too exposed', Theodore notes and sits on my left.

'Do you expect anything less from me, Nott?', I raise my brows.

He chuckles but doesn't give me an answer.

Bella and Blaise take their seats alongside Theodore, and a pleasant smirk appears on my face as I realize that the only empty place for Nessa to occupy is on my right. I quickly glance at her, and as she gets closer I stand up and pull the chair for her.

She nods approvingly and sits down. I can see her fidgeting with her fingers under the table right before returning to my seat.

'Malfoy, I'd never thought you had such manners!', Theodore is already sipping on the firewhisky he brought illegally into the school.

'You don't know many things about me, Nott', I say as I push my glass closer to him. 'Pour', I instruct him.

'You better hide that firewhisky under the table, because Professor Snape is approaching our table right now', Bella spits through gritted teeth.

I and Nott have no other choice but to drink the whole amount of firewhisky in our glasses at once.

I can feel the liquid burning through my esophagus while finding its way to my stomach.

'I am glad to see you all here, students', I hear Professor Snape's voice from behind and I slightly turn around to face him. He is dressed as Count Dracula, never letting go of his stone-faced expression.

'Thank you for passing by, Professor', Bella's wide smile shines under the silvery mask she is wearing.

Professor Snape hums under his breath and bends forward, exactly between me and Theodore.

'You should be aware of the fact that I am a master of legilimency, right? Mr. Malfoy, Mr. Nott, I expect nothing but the best manners from my Slytherin students.'

We both nod, avoiding his piercing stare.

'Of course, Professor', Nott tells.

'You can count on us', I add.

Snape smirks pleasantly and quickly leaves our table. All of us sigh in relief.

'We're just too lucky to be in Slytherin', Blaise states.

'Slytherin is too lucky that we chose it', Nott corrects him and they both start laughing.

She is being too silent, I think to myself as I side-eye her.

Falling by Harry Styles starts playing in the hall, and I see couples standing for a dance. Blaise and Bella also leave our table. I feel Theodore moving up from his seat next to me, and as I am aware of what he's about to do, I get ahead of him.

'Would you mind one dance?', I ask facing Nessa on my right.

Her eyes look at me, then at Theodore, who is standing behind me.

'Don't worry, Ness. The next song is ours', he says playfully.

Over my dead body, Nott.

I take her delicate hand in mind and bring her to the crowded dance floor. My free hand wraps around her waist and she slightly trembles from the touch. Our bodies start moving along with the melody.

I lean closer to the side of her head as we continue to move around the dance floor.

'You know that Nott's not getting the next dance, right?', I whisper in her ear.

'Oh, Malfoy', she cries out.

I chuckle.

'Why are you doing this?', she asks.

I shrug my shoulders.

'Because I want to.'

I tighten the grip on her waist without a warning and our bodies are even closer than some seconds ago. Nessa's breathing gets tense although I have to admit that she manages to keep an expressionless face. Her eyes however say enough. I can see them through the golden mask she is wearing.

A triumphant smirk appears on my face.

'What?', she panics.

'Nothing, I just love annoying you.'

'You look too cute', I add.

She gulps and looks away. It's definitely getting hot in the Great Hall, but I am not sure if it's just because of the number of people in here.

'Would you mind answering me a question?', Nessa suddenly asks me.

'Would you mind having another dance with me?', I answer with another question as I hear the final chords of the song.

She quickly glances over at our table and then back at me.

'Deal.'

***

Nessa Black

I see Theo's upper body already laying on top of the table and I take it as a sign.

'Deal', I say as the first chords of the next song start playing.

Dandelions by Ruth B.

I don't understand what's happening. I just know that I am not supposed to feel this way toward Draco. But I do and I can't help it. What a weakling.

'Why is it taking you so long to ask?'

His raspy voice pulls me out of my mind. He is too attractive tonight. And that stupid mask. I want to throw it away and look at his face at full potential. Not gonna lie, I truly believe that platinum-blonde is his signature but he totally rocks green as well.

'Sorry, I was just listening to the song', I excuse myself.

He nods slightly and continues leading our dance. I am just a puppet in his hands. Cold and strong hands.

'So...', I gulp. 'Will you be 100% honest?'

Draco looks straight into my eyes as if he can enter my body, steal my soul and run away with it.

'101%', he promises.

I nod and glance over his shoulder, observing the hall and the dancing students. I spot Bella and Blaise for a second. They seem so in love, they are looking at each other with such affection as if nothing exists in this world besides the two of them.

'Fine', I say still looking over his shoulder. 'As you already know the truth about me, I wanted to ask you what did your Amortentia smell like.'

I spit it out as fast as possible as I know there won't be another chance. I've gained the courage now and I had to try my luck. I have to know the answer. It can mean so many things, which I am about to discover. I hope that he was serious about the '101% honest' part.

Draco leans closer reminding me of the scent of my own love potion. His mouth is so close to my ear that I can sense his breath.

'I didn't lie about it in Potions class. Does this answer your question?'

I hold my breath for a second and nod sharply.

'It does', I say.

He pulls away and I can see the confident smirk on his face.

So, you have your answer now, Nessa, and what? Does it change something or it makes the situation even more complicated?

'Relax, okay?', he suddenly says and looks at me.

'I'm relaxed', I lie and it's so obvious. My voice sounds more high-pitched than usual.

Draco chuckles.

'You are far more naughty than I've ever thought', he shakes his head.

'You owe me at least one more dance', he states with his chin raised proudly.

I sigh in annoyance.

'Are you holding me hostage tonight or what?', I ask furiously.

He raises a brow at me.

'I may.'

'But hostages don't normally enjoy themselves, and you do', he adds.

I can't help but laugh hysterically at his remark.

'You sound quite convinced, Malfoy.'

November Rain by Guns N' Roses starts playing. Oh, great, at least 9 more minutes of me panicking and internally burning with Draco Malfoy glued onto my body.

'Stop with that bloody surname, okay?', his facial features suddenly get tense as he says that.

And for some reason this makes me want to irritate him even more.

'Fine, cousin.'

I am on the verge of laughing when he grabs my waist even stronger than before. Our bodies are practically stuck together.

We dance in silence for the other part of the song, which is quite a lot. The scariest thing about Draco Malfoy could easily be his silence. I throw him glances from time to time, but his face is emotionless. It infuriates me that I find myself unable to read him.

I am staring into the beautiful features of his face when suddenly the voice of Dumbledore sounds through the whole Great Hall.

'Students and professors, we're finishing the slow dance program with this song, so you have your last chance to invite someone to a dance.'

I feel Draco's grip on my waist loosening.

'Let's have one more dance', I suggest.

He looks at me and I swear I can see some sort of warmth in his cold blue-grey eyes.

'I can't say no to a lady', he says as the hall is filled with the melody of Purple Rain by Prince.

His grip on my waist is not as tight as several minutes ago. It's softer and delicate, somehow loving.

I only wanted to one time to see you laughing

I only wanted to see you

Laughing in the purple rain

All of a sudden purple raindrops start falling from the ceiling, but as they reach us I realize it's not real rain. The drops are transparent and matterless.

I can't help but smile. It's a beautiful moment. And it's not just because of the purple rain.

I never wanted to be your weekend lover

I only wanted to be some kind of friend

Baby, I could never steal you from another

It's such a shame our friendship had to end

I finally look away from the purple raindrops only to see Draco staring at me. He doesn't stop even after being aware that I noticed him. So I decide to join the game. My heartbeat goes faster as we look at each other in complete silence until the final chords of the song.

I feel the same way I felt at the Astronomy Tower, the night I saw his Dark Mark. I begin to believe that the things we don't say to each other are way more important and real than those that we say. I can find the rawest version of Draco Malfoy only when I look him in the eyes. There I find everything I need to know. Eyes don't lie, including mine. I know that he sees everything I am afraid to say out loud whenever our eyes meet. And to be honest I am slowly getting addicted to this wordless sort of connection.

Draco lets go of me. The song is over. I am no longer in his embrace and I feel empty. A sudden wave of shock goes through my body and I get goosebumps.

(Author's note: Listening to 'Don't let me go' by Harry Styles rn)

'Ness, let's go get some Halloween treats', Bella's voice brings me back to reality.

She is clinging to my left arm, giving me the puppy eyes.

'Fine, you convinced me', I say and she waits no more, dragging me toward the opposite part of the Great Hall where the long table with all sorts of Halloween treats is located.

As we reach the table I turn around and look around for Draco, but he has completely disappeared. He is not near the professors' table, at our table with Theo and Blaise, or on the dance floor.

'Ness, look, you have to try those pretzel spiders, they're so cute!'

I nod faintly but fail to think about something else besides him.

A slightly longer chapter this time, I really hope you enjoyed it <3 I really love communicating through music, so this chapter felt quite personal to me haha.

What kind of music do you guys listen to?

I can listen to almost every genre except from death metal, it depends on my mood to be honest. Most of the time it's hip-hop, hard rock, alternative rock, k-pop, instrumental soundtracks of movies, etc.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

239K 4.4K 65
There was never a moment where I realized I love him. I hadn't even realized that I had became attached to him as much as I was. I was in denial of m...
76K 1.5K 23
'𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒏.' --- Elaine Weasley, the twin sister of Ginny Weasley and in Slytherin house. Join her on her journ...
12 0 4
A girl who was destined to become a Slytherin but who did not want to be. Pandora is from a powerful, well-known family full of Slytherin's. She goes...
2.9M 87K 40
It's dark in the closet, I can just vaguely see his features and realise how close we're standing. Like, really close. My chest is toughing his and m...