The Last Wyvern (Wyvern Faunu...

By Usernameunknown54

y/n is the adopted faunus son of taiyang Xiao long and summer rose. After an accident, y/n is forced to run a... More

new beginnings
It was an accident
life is a trainwreck
jailbreak
reunions:pt.1
reunions:pt.2
that other train in my life
breached and contained
team AS(Y)K
giant fucking robot
flavors of misschief
the vytal festival
Changing the format
VOLUME 4: The next step
The hunt for Absolom

The fall

129 3 0
By Usernameunknown54

Warning: extremely long chapter, get comfortable before reading :)

Word count: 10,581

Y/n pov:

I had gone to RWBY'S dorm after witnessing emerald and mercury's successful doubles round victory for the vytal festival. It wasn't for anything nefarious, I just wanted to hang out with them, now that I have nothing to do at the moment. The next match will be team RWBY'S doubles match, followed by mine.

Ruby: You'll never beat me, old man!

Qrow: You're nothing but talk, kid!

Yang: You can do it, Ruby!

Right now, ruby and uncle qrow we're playing some sort of fighting Ninja game together, and qrow was kicking her ass. On the screen, ruby's Ninja character had their head separated from his body, and qrow smirked at ruby as she hung her head in shame once the announcer shouted the victory of the soaring Ninja, which was qrow's character.

Yang: Ouch.

Qrow: And by the way, don't ever call me old.

Yang: My turn!

Qrow: Now, where was I?

Ruby: You were telling us about your last mission!

Qrow: Right, right...I'd come across a small village in the swamps west of Mistral. Right off the bat, I knew something wasn't right.

Ruby: What were you doing there?

Qrow: I needed information. Tired from battling Grimm along the way, I decided to start my search at the town's inn. The place was crawling with lowlifes and thugs, even a few Huntsmen that I could only assume had been hired by less than reputable people for less than respectable jobs. And that's when it happened...

Yang: What happened?

Qrow: I was defeated...by the mere sight...of the innkeeper's skirt length!

I snickered at qrow, When yang threw a pillow at him, which he had caught before it hit him. Qrow smirked again, when the announcer called his victory for a second time.

Yang: You are the worst!

Ruby: my turn!

Qrow: not yet, ruby. Y/n still hasn't had a turn.

Y/n: oh, what? No, I'm Just narrating-

Qrow: nonsense.

Yang set her controller in my hands with a smirk, and pushed me closer to the TV. I reluctantly sit down, and I looked through my options for a character in the select menu. After a few seconds, I selected the Ninja named 'boon tobias', and both me and qrow selected random map.

Ruby: oh, if you move the joy stick up and down, you can teleport!

Qrow: ruby, don't tell him that! It's bad enough he picked the spammiest character in the game.

Y/n: I don't even know how to play, so I probably will just spam the best move I find.

Qrow: do that and I'll fight you in real life.

Y/n: then I'd definitely beat you.

Once the map loaded, and the game started, I immediately pressed up and down, and my character teleported to qrow's and body slammed him. Afterwards, I did it a few more times.

Qrow: thanks, ruby...

Ruby giggled, and qrow got more pissed off as I spammed attacked him. After his health dropped down to 75%, I decided to stop and actually try to learn how to play.

Y/n: alright, what's the punch button..

Ruby: hehe, it's like you've never played a video game before!

Y/n: I haven't played one in like, nine years ruby.

Ruby stopped laughing, and got a little sad when she started thinking about what I said. Back to the game, qrow started kicking my ass, until I finally learned more of boon tobias' moves.

Ruby: So, Uncle Qrow, did you get in trouble with Ozpin?

Qrow: Nah, me and Oz go way back. We're cool.

Yang: Cool for an old guy.

Qrow: Not funny.

Ruby: So, what are you doing here anyway? I thought Dad said that you would be on a mission, for like...ever.

Qrow: Well, a professional Huntsman like myself is expected to get results, as soon as possible.

Ruby: Yeeeeaaaah, I get that. We're pretty much pros, too.

Qrow: Oh, really?

Yang: Psch, yeah! Read the news sometime. We totally saved Vale while you were gone.

Qrow: Funny, because I heard Vale suffered a Grimm attack after you almost managed to stop a train. But they don't give out medals for almost.

Ruby: They do, and it's called silver!

Y/n: you only got silver, cause I got gold, ruby!

Ruby: well...o-oh, yeah! He was the one who stopped us from stopping the train!

Qrow: sounds like a skill issue, ruby.

Yang: Well, we helped take down Roman Torchwick! He's locked up in Ironwood's ship and crime's been down ever since! That's basically a bounty mission!

Y/n: he already broke out once yang. Don't you remember seeing him when I fought that mecha crab?

Qrow: Sure, you may be acting like Huntresses, but you're not thinking like one. You really think four girls and their friends could end all crime in a Kingdom?

Ruby: I mean, I did until you said that...

Qrow: Violence hasn't dropped since Roman got nabbed, it's stopped. completely. No White Fang activity anywhere around the city. You cut off the head of the King Taijitu, but now the second head's calling the shots. That's what Ironwood can't get through that thick metal head of his.

The two sisters paused to think about his words, and I just sat there, knowing damn well that I knew exactly why white fang crime had stopped. I hoped that they forgot I was apart of the white fang, because I really don't want them to start questioning me. I just want to hang out with them.

Yang: You...know the General?

Qrow: Hey, I know everybody to some extent. Remember, you're talking to a member of the coolest team that graduated Beacon! Hah, Team STRQ...That's where I met your parents. We were pretty well known back in the day.

Ruby: Well known for crummy fashion sense!

Qrow: Hey, we looked good! And I have a number of inappropriate stories to back that up! But, I'll save those for when you're older.

Ruby: Oh, gross!

Qrow laughed and returned his focus to the game, but I saw his smile fall once he took a look at his diminishing health bar. My health was at 15%, while his was at 30%.

Yang: wow y/n, you lasted a lot longer than I thought you would.

Y/n: yeah, that's what they all say...

I had my full attention to the game, and qrow was far more focused than when he was battling ruby or yang. Right at the last minute, both of our health bars were at 10%, until qrow had gotten in a power strike, and my character's head was taken off of his body.

Y/n: GOD DAMNIT!

Qrow: haha, I win! Cheer up kid, you did a lot better than your sisters. Anyways, I'm too old to be hanging out with a bunch of kids. You're gonna cramp my style.

Qrow had gotten up while I folded my arms in anger, the walked out to the hallway. My faunus ears were pressed flat against my head, and I was slouched over.

Qrow: Look ruby, yang, just remember that you've still got a long way to go...And don't think for a second that graduating means you're done. Every day out there is worth a week in this place. You two, you're gonna go far. But only if you keep learning, if you never stop moving forward.

once qrow was done sharing his wisdom with us, he left down the hall. Ruby looked back down at me, and giggled once she saw my expression.

Y/n: wh-what?

Ruby: nothing, you just...you look adorable when you're angry!

Y/n: what? No I do not!

Time skip~

After some time of hanging out with ruby and yang, we all headed out to the Amity colosseum, and I sat down next to cinder, emerald, and the twat mercury. This next match was Weiss and yang, vs. two members of team FNKI. I didn't know their names, but I doubt they'll beat yang. Weiss, probably, but not yang.

Y/n: so, who's everyone betting for?

Mercury: something tells me that it'll be team RWBY that wins.

Cinder: team RWBY. And the next winners will be JNPR. Unless of course, you're completely incompetent.

Y/n: relax, cinder, I really doubt...oh damn, did that trumpet guy just multiply? Oh right, I really doubt that I'm THAT incompetent.

Cinder: at least you acknowledge the fact that you are incompetent.

I turned my focus back to the fight, and as I predicted, Weiss had been eliminated. Yang seemed to be pissed off, but she was still holding her own against the two opposing students.

Y/n: so yeah, I'm completely sure that ash won't be able to take down Pyrrha, but if she gets close,  I'll just act like my semblance went away, and let her teammate kick my ass.

Cinder: just don't mess this up...

We sat through the rest of the fight, until yang had inevitably ended victorious. I went down to check on her and her team, and I saw my team with them already.

Y/n: wow, you were great, yang!

Yang: heh, thanks bro! I hope you can win your match.

Weiss: hey, I was in that match too...

Y/n: well I don't congratulate losers, schnee.

Weiss looked at me angrily, before storming off. I don't know why she even cared, it's not like we interact with each other very often. Me and ash were now preparing for our battle, and Ash had taken a few pouches of various dust types from a belt around her waist and attached them to her sniper rifle. She also grabbed a small pistol while Kane and Sam were hyping us up before the match.

Kane: it's nothing to worry about, you're only going up against two of the strongest women in the school!

...or maybe they were trying to discourage us, it's hard to tell.

Ash: I have full confidence in the fact that we can beat them. Y/n, I would suggest you go after Nora. You are much better suited to fight at close range.

Y/n: that was the plan, boss.

Soon, the match up was close to starting, and the two of us had walked out to the center of the arena, where we saw Pyrrha Nikos and Nora Valkyrie heading towards as well. The arena had already been set. Half of the arena was a grassy field with a few trees spread out, while the other half was a rocky plateau with large crystals jutting out of the ground.

Y/n: so Nora, I beat you the first time we met, and you beat me the last time. Best out of three?

Nora: oh, you're on!

Port: and here we are...ash Jensen and y/n rose, er, Xiao long, representing team ASYK, and Nora Valkyrie and Pyrrha Nikos representing team JNPR!

Oobleck: all four have proven themselves to be not only powerful, but skilled. The question is...which pair is more skilled? Let us find out!

Nora immediately rushed towards me with her hammer held Infront of her, and ash activated her jetpack and flew straight towards Pyrrha. Pyrrha managed to side step her, but she could not land a hit before ash had flown past her and into the sky. She raised her sniper rifle, but instead of taking aim, she separated her sniper rifle into two pieces and transformed each half into two separate gauntlets with cartridges of dust loaded around them. She pointed her fists towards Pyrrha, and a barrage of small, multi colored dust bombs spiraled towards her.

Oobleck: oh my, I have never seen ash use this kind of weaponry before, What a way to gain the element of surprise!

I could practically feel the angry glare of cinder radiating from within the crowd, by I decided to just focus on Nora.

As soon as I turned to face her, she had made it to me and was about to slam her hammer into my side. I blocked her hammer with my glowing hand, which caused a small shockwave to erupt from the impact. Neither me or Nora had been affected by the shockwave, and Nora went for another hit. I dodged her attack, and I made her stumble backwards with a light punch to the face.

I channeled energy into my semblance, and extended my right arm towards the side of the arena to shift our gravity. Both me and Nora were lifted off of the ground, and sent hurtling towards the wall of the arena. Nora landed hard against the vertical wall, and I gently floated towards it, and landed softly on my feet.

Port: my, it seems like y/n has approached his battle at an all new angle!

Nora: what? Since when have you been able to do that?

Y/n: honestly nora, I almost forgot I could do this!

Nora charged at me with top speed, and landed several hits with her enormous hammer. Each of her hits were able to knock me around, but not to the extent that I could knock her around. I proved this by dodging her next strike and giving her an uppercut. Since our gravity was shifted, she was knocked back towards the arena, before flying into the hard light shields. I flew after her, and pinned her against the see through wall protecting the spectators.

I looked down at the amazed spectators, and waved at them, before I threw Nora into the air and knocked her up...wait, I should rephrase that. Before I threw Nora into the air and punched her. She was sent flying back towards the arena, and I turned our gravity back to normal, and leaped onto the air and flew towards the center of the arena.

I twirled in the air as I rubbed my hands together to build up a super charged attack. Once I landed in the center of the arena, I punched the ground, and a massive shockwave had formed and pushed her back several meters. As she rolled backwards like a tumbleweed, she transformed her hammer into it's grenade launcher form, and rapid fired at me.

I simply used my semblance to throw them in a random direction one by one. The first grenade was thrown straight into the air, and another was purposefully thrown at ash, in order to balance out her and Pyrrha's fight.

Nora looked up at the grenade falling down towards her, and she transformed her grenade launcher back into its hammer form. She held her hammer like a baseball bat, and once the grenade had fallen, she swung at it while it was still in the air and it had spiraled towards me at unimaginable speeds. I couldn't even hold my hand out fast enough to throw it away, when it had landed smack in the middle of my chest, and knocked me back with a pink explosion.

Nora smiled and cheered once her plan had worked, but she was cut short by one of her grenades flying towards her head. Ash had caught the grenade mid air, and tossed it back towards her. Nora tried to run out of the explosion radius, but ash had taken her pistol and shot at the grenade with a fire dust bullet.

Ash actually hit her shot, and the explosion radius had doubled thanks to the dust, and Nora was sent crashing right beside me. Once I noticed that she was low on aura, I acted like I had ran out of semblance, and Nora had a massive smile on her face. She got back up to strike me while she thought I was defenseless, when I just punched her in the jaw and her aura dropped too much to continue.

Oobleck: Nora Valkyrie has been eliminated by y/n! However, hope is not lost yet for Pyrrha Nikos, as it appears that y/n has lost his semblance! This could be devastating to team ASYK, even if they win this round.

I walked over to Nora and crouched down to her level, her level being laying down on the floor with her face in the dirt.

Y/n: two out of three, I win~

I gave her a smug smile, and my hand to help her back up. She smiles back at me and takes my hand, but she seems to be slightly salty about my victory. We both turned to watch Pyrrha and ash fight, while the crowd was erupting in cheers for Pyrrha Nikos.

Ash had stayed the skies ever since the start of the battle, and she'd periodically unleash a barrage of small dust missiles towards pyrrha. Pyrrha was able to Dodge most of the direct hits, however, the after effects of the dust missiles proved to be far worse than the hits themselves.

Random spikes of ice and rock jutting from the ground littered their half of the arena, and Pyrrha's shield was covered in rock and fire. Pyrrha seemed to have gotten exhausted from their fight, and she look on at ash as she circled around her in the air. Pyrrha transformed her rifle into it's javelin form, and and squatted down to take aim at ash. After a moment of waiting, Pyrrha hurled her javelin towards ash, and has had suddenly jerked down towards the spear. Cinder did say Pyrrha could magnetize metals and move them around, and this is probably a first hand look at her semblance in action.

Unfortunately, ash was a quick thinker, and she ejected all of the dust cartridges from her gauntlets at once, moments before the javelin had hit her arm. Ash crashed to the ground, and all of her dust cartridges dropped a short distance in between her and pyrrha, and exploded into a massive cloud of ice, shattered rock, electricity, and a fire-y explosion. Miraculously, neither Pyrrha nor ash had been hit by the explosion, but ash was nowhere to be seen. Pyrrha cautiously waited for her to shoot out of the cloud of smoke, but she was caught off guard by her javelin Being launched towards her. She sidestepped her own weapon and caught it mid air, when ash had propelled towards her using her jetpack, and flipped backwards once she made it to Pyrrha.

Ash had connected her foot with Pyrrha's chin, and she had been sent to the sky. Ash then kneeled, and jumped up towards pyrrha with the help of her jetpack, and punched her in the side of the head, before grappling her mid air. Ash repeatedly punched at Pyrrha, who was blocking with her shield, before she grabbed onto Pyrrha's javelin and ripped it out of her hands. As soon as she got her hands on it, she kicked Pyrrha higher in the sky and propelled herself towards the ground.

She twirled mid air to get in a better position, and transformed Pyrrha's javelin into it's rifle form, and shot Pyrrha in the head while she hurtled towards the ground. Once she landed, the crowd went silent, and my heart dropped out of my chest.

Port: oh my, it seems that ash had defeated Pyrrha Nikos in battle...This means that team ASYK will move onto the finals round!

Ash walked over to help a confused Pyrrha stand up to her feet, and Nora congratulated me. I am a winner, I did win...but that's the problem. Once I noticed that it might seem weird that I'm acting disappointed for winning, I quickly put in a fake smile and cheer for ash. After the shock had passed the spectators, I could hear erupting cheers in the crowds, mixed with far more boo's than any other match before.

After walking back out of the arena with the others, I passed by a very excited Kane and Sam, and I let them chat with ash, as I went to discuss our situation with cinder. While I was brainstorming ideas, I was caught off guard by a small girl clinging onto my back via hug. I turned around to see that ruby was the one hugging me, and her team was approaching from close by.

Ruby: you did it y/n, you're making it to the singles too!

Yang walked over to me with a smile, and punched my shoulder.

Yang: who knows, maybe I'll have to fight you in the final round! Don't worry, I'll go easy on you.

Y/n: yeah, haha...I did just lose my semblance, so I don't think I'll be in the next match.

Ruby: really? Cause it looks like you have your semblance right now...

Ruby pointed down at my Lower half, and I looked down to see my hands glowing blue. I tried to calm down, and I thankfully dissipated my power before I accidentally killed someone else by tripping.

Y/n: wow, I guess I'm lucky, hehe...well, I'll see you guys later. I'm gonna go relax.

I waived back at ruby once she waived me goodbye, and I walked off to go find cinder.

Time skip~~

Once I had went to cinder, she was far more calm about the situation than I had expected. She didn't even tell at me, she only said that we could go to the back up plan. The back of plan of course, being me just punching penny as hard as I can to shatter her into little bits of robot.

As of right now, we were watching the first match of the finals, which was between yang and mercury. Cinder had told me that it didn't matter if mercury won, so she staged it for yang to win, just for me.

Y/n: yeah, I might've messed up, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter all that much. Just a minor hiccup. I mean, it would probably be cooler to watch me obliterate penny than for her to just...do magnet things, or whatever.

Cinder: yes y/n, I agree with you. It'll be so fun to watch that play out...

I turned my attention from the fight, and instead towards cinder. She was smiling. Not only to herself, but to me. After all of the talk she was making, threatening me not to mess up what I had just messed up, it just feels wrong...

Y/n:..what are you you up to, cinder? You don't seem very mad that I screwed things up.

Cinder: why would I be mad? After all, we still have a chance to succeed.

Oobleck: Yang Xiao Long wins!

Before I could think about it, I turned back to see yang standing victorious. I cheered her on with the rest of the crowd, and watched as she started walking off. I felt ecstatic for her, until she suddenly stopped in place, glancing back at mercury who was getting back up.

Out of nowhere, yang turned around and shot mercury in the leg with her gauntlet. My smile dropped, as did my faunus ears, While I listened to he mass booing coming from the audience. Yang looked around in confusion, before she was surrounded by atlesian Knight's.

Y/n: wh-what the hell? Why'd she-

My eyes went wide, and I slowly turned towards cinder, who had a huge grin on her face as she stared back at me.

Cinder: oh well, I guess both of our plans have had minor hiccups~

I glared at her in rage, before she walked off and left me by myself. I slowly sat down, and watched as yang was arrested by security. Mercury was being helped by paramedics emerald and cinder, and yang was being taken out of the arena as well.

Time skip~

I was by myself in the room leading to the arena, where I have been slowly rubbing my hands together for the past few minutes so I could build up a supercharged punch. In only a short moment, penny will be turned to a pile of scrap, and beacon academy will soon fall.

Behind me was my team, and ruby rose, trying to encourage me. Before I turned around, I spread out my power throughout my body, so my hands weren't glowing as brightly. And so I didn't pop someone like a balloon.

Before I could turn around, I felt ruby's hand place onto my shoulder. I turned to face her, and she was smiling at me, despite the fact that she was still confused over what happened with yang.

Ruby: Don't worry bro, I know how tough penny is, but I also know that you can do win!

I gave her a soft smile, before looking away for a brief moment.

Y/n: hey, how close are you and penny?

Ruby: oh, we're basically best friends. Why?

I looked away from her with a frown, and refused to answer her question. Soon, the gate had opened, allowing me to go to the center of the arena, where penny was cheerfully skipping toward the center. The crowds erupted into cheering, either chanting 'penny', or 'y/n'.

Penny: Sal-u-tations, y/n Xiao long! It's an honor to properly meet you!

I simply stated at her with a blank face, waiting for the match to start.

Penny: This is going to be so much fun!

Y/n: yeah, I think so too...

Oobleck: Fighters, are you ready?

Penny smiled widely as she prepared for our fight, and I simply turned my body a few degrees to the right. Oobleck had started counting down, and my eyes darted around the arena. Usually, I wouldn't care to kill someone, especially if they're just an android. But knowing that I'm about to kill one of Ruby's best friends...it put a knot in my stomach. Suddenly, I started to second guess myself.

Was I really about to go through with this? Not just killing ruby's friend, but...any of this? The thought of hurting ruby or yang is already nauseating enough, but something like this could potentially do far more than just hurt them...

Oobleck: 3, 2, 1...BEGIN!

Once the battle had officially started, I pushed aside those thoughts, and used my semblance to pull penny closer to me. She had flown forward, and I channeled every ounce of power that I had into my fist, before punching up and Into her gut.

At first, I was blinded by the bright flash of blue, but once I could see again, nothing seemed wrong at first. Penny had disappeared, so I looked around the arena to see if I could find her, until something heavy hit the top of my head. I instinctively held my injured head with a hand, and looked down to see what fell onto me.

Only to see the decapitated head of penny rolling on the floor, right beside her destroyed body.

She had been blasted to pieces, and her robot interior was visible for all to see.

I shook in place as I stared at her eviscerated corpse for a short moment, until I saw a flash of my mother, summer rose, in her place. My heart nearly stopped as those repressed memories came flooding my mind, and everything around me went fuzzy.

I heard the professors talking, the disturbed crowds collectively gasping, and the cries of ruby from behind me, all as my breathing fastened and my chest clamped itself until I struggled to breathe. Flashes of my mother's wouldn't leave my mind, even after my tears blocked my vision.

Cinder's speech over the intercoms had ended, and an alert system warned of a huge force of Grimm approaching nearby. Soon, during the chaos that had taken over the masses of people, a nevermore had landed on top of the force field. After I somewhat calmed down, I turned to face ruby, who was crying over Penny's corpse.

Y/n: r-ruby, I'm so sorry, it was an...it was an accident, I didn't mean...

Ruby didn't respond to me, she was too busy mourning her loss to pay any attention to me.

Y/n:..I'm not just talking about penny...I'm...I'm not a good person, ruby. I...I killed-

Before I could finish my sentence, I was interupted by a loud screeching sound coming from above us. The nevermore had broken into the arena, and it landed directly in front of us.

The force of it landing was enough to send me and ruby back, along with the scattered pieces of penny. I tried to recollect myself in time to defend ruby, but the nevermore had lunged before I could. The nevermore opened it's mouth to try and eat me, but it was stopped and knocked back by a blue of rose petals. Ruby had stabbed the nevermore with one of Penny's swords, and jumped back down right next to me.

Y/n:..Ruby?

Ruby: Leave.my.brother.alone!

The nevermore screeched, and took to the sky and circled around us. It soon dived towards me, and ruby got in position to defend me. Fortunately, she didn't have to do anything, as the nevermore had been pelted with dozens of lockers falling from the sky.

All of the lockers opened to reveal assorted weapons, and several other huntsman had shown up to take the weapons out of them. At least four huntsman teams had shown up, five making my own team coming in with their weapons. Most of the students are surprised when the nevermore rises to it's feet, and screeches at them. They all prepared to charge the nevermore, but they stopped once I finally raised to my feet and threw the nevermore back into the sky with my semblance, and slammed it back down onto the arena. The nevermore had crumpled Into itself, and slowly started to turn to ashes.

Y/n: Ruby, I...I'm sorry.

Ruby: I...it wasn't your fault, y/n. You didn't mean to...

Jaune: She's right. Whoever was on that microphone...they're the one's we need to focus on right now.

I said nothing else, before more Grimm had landed in the area. The students around me got in position to defend themselves, as the rest of team JNPR had arrived.

Ren: Griffons.

Neptune: Anybody got a plan of attack?

Kane: uh, what about y/n?

Everyone turned to look at me, while I lazily extended my arm and shot a barrage of explosive blue orbs at one of the griffins until it was killed.

Ruby: yeah, that would work. Oh, sun! Hand me your scroll!

I easily killed the griffins by throwing them into each other, when the monkey boy tossed his scroll to ruby using his tail. Ruby had used the scroll to summon another locker, and it opened to reveal her scythe inside. She approached the locker, but she jumped back once a griffin had landed on her locker. The griffin screamed, before it was scared away by a gunshot, and killed by being smashed against the floor repeatedly by me.

Port: Students! I think it would be best for you to leave.

Ruby: But we did a-

Oobleck: Miss Rose! This day will surely go down in Remnant's history. I'd prefer it if my students could live to tell about it. Y/n can protect you until you are all safe.

Ruby nodded at the Dr. Oobleck's words, before rushing towards her locker and grabbing Crescent Rose and transforming it into it's scythe form.

Ruby: Let's go!

We had exited the arena, when we came across a mass of panicking civilians, all trying to funnel into the air buses where the atlas soldiers were trying to evacuate them. Just as cinder's plan said, the white fang are now here, dropping off Grimm from above in bullheads and down onto the docking bay. We all did our best to quickly kill the Grimm, when I noticed general ironwood being escorted by two atlesian Knights. Well, now it's zero atlesian Knights, because a large, armored beowolf had ripped them to shreds with it's huge claws.

I watched as ironwood engaged the beowolf himself, and he's surprisingly skilled. He perfectly slides under the Grimm and places shot after shot into the beowolf, and expertly dodged it's attacks.

Right before the general could kill the beowolf with a headshot, I grabbed the beowolf with my semblance and hurled it into the sky, and way into the distance.

Ironwood glares at me, before the crowd of students surrounding him had gained his attention more than I did.

Ruby: What's going on!?

Ironwood: Grimm are crawling all over the city. The White Fang's invaded Beacon, and to make matters worse, some...vagabond has seized one of my ships. Until we regain command, the skies are out of our control. So I'm...

He paused as a creep had emerged from the ground behind him, and was quickly put down with a shot from ironwood, before he resumed.

Ironwood: going to take it back.

Jaune: What should we do?

Ironwood: You have two choices. Defend your Kingdom and your school...or save yourselves. No one will fault you if you leave. Let's move out!

As Ironwood leaves, I stop ruby from running off by holding onto her shoulder.

Y/n: ruby, you just heard what he said. There are way too many Grimm, and white fang, and other dangerous things here to even risk it. you should just pack up and leave before-

Ruby: no. I'm not running away. I am a huntress, and it is my duty to protect the people from situations exactly like this!

Y/n: you are not a huntress, ruby! You haven't graduated, you aren't even In year two. There are more qualified people around to help.

Ruby: then I will help those people if I can. I refuse to leave without helping.

I sigh to myself as ruby runs off to one of the air buses with her fellow huntsmen and huntresses. Just as I expected to happen, the atlesian Knights aboard ironwood's airship have activated, and they all turned their weapons towards him.

Ironwood: No!

The dropship had suddenly lost altitude, and plummeted towards the ground. Ruby had ran to the bay doors of her Air Bus, and jumped out to the ground, using her semblance to help her land safely. She then ran towards me, and swiftly pulled me along with her closer to the edge of the runway.

Ruby: I need you to get me to that airship!

Y/n: *sigh* alright, but I'm not coming with you. Please don't die.

I used my semblance to carefully pick her up, and move her towards the airship that Roman had stolen. I dropped her once she was directly above it, and she dropped down on top of the airship. As she went to deal with Roman, I dropped down to beacon to go see the chaos in person.

I watched as the hacked atlas robots fired at the people around them, until they had been dissected by Weiss's rapier, all the while her teammate Blake was focusing on fighting off the white fang with her gambol shroud.

I ended Weiss's fight early by changing the atlas Knights' gravity and sending them to the sky, and I sent a volley of explosive orbs at the white fang members that Blake was fighting. My sudden appearance seemed to surprise them, as they both paused and glanced at me.

Y/n: watch out, there's more white fang over-

I was going to warn them of the incoming white fang members, but I had been interupted by Blake rushing towards me and punching me on the side of my face. I stumbled back a short bit, and held my cheek where she had punched me.

Y/n: ow, what the hell is your problem!?

Blake: you really expect me to believe that you had nothing to do with this!? Just all of a sudden, the white fang, which you basically lead, had launched a massive attack that would have taken weeks to plan, and you didn't know anything about it!?

Y/n: arg, I already said that they don't tell me their plans! You have bigger problems to focus on than your hatred for me.

Blake was about to continue yelling at me, until Weiss commanded her to stop and focus on defending each other from the horde of hostiles.

Blake and weiss charged in to engage the sword wielding fang members, when they had suddenly been knocked back by an 'atlas science' branded paladin. The paladin had reeled it's arm backwards to strike at them, but I flew forward and punched it's side, causing it to stumble and lose balance.

Y/n: I got the paladin, focus on doing something helpful!

They both scoffed at me, before Blake ran off to go help nearby civilians. Weiss had stayed back though, to help me fight the paladin.

Y/n: did I not just say I got the paladin? What are you doing?

Weiss: I'm keeping an eye on you. Just in case Blake is right about you.

I glared at her, but I was interupted by the paladin striking down on me. I jumped out of the way for it's first strike, and I attempted to lift it off of the ground.

Instead of throwing the paladin into the stratosphere like I had hoped, I could only lift it a few feet, very slowly. I must've burned up most of my energy in my last two fights. I quickly dropped the paladin, and ran towards it's legs.

The paladin had raised it's leg to stomp on me, but I used my semblance to push it's leg further out and dropped it in a way that wouldn't turn me into a pancake. Afterwards, I built up power in my arm, and punched it's other leg to take away as much of it's balance as possible.

Weiss had summoned a glyph behind her, and she used it to propel herself towards the paladin's chest, and she slashed at it with her rapier. The force of her attack pushed it back slightly, and I used my semblance to pull the unbalanced paladin flat onto the ground.

While it was down, Weiss had stabbed the ground in front of her, and created a wall of ice to cover the middle of the paladin and keep it pinned to the ground.

After Weiss looked at me for a short moment, she ran off to go fight off more of the Grimm and white fang soldiers. I was going to go with her, until I saw emerald out of the corner of my eye, standing on the rooftops. I decided to fly up to her, where I saw mercury and cinder as well. Mercury was filming the scene In front of him, while cinder looked on with a smile.

Cinder: Beautiful.

Emerald: It's almost sad.

Cinder: It's horrendous. Focus on the Atlesian Knights.

Mercury: Oh, I'm getting all of it.

Cinder: Good. Continue the broadcast until the end.

Mercury: what do you think, y/n? You liking the show?

Y/n: I'm playing in the show, mercury. I haven't seen Adam yet, it'd be nice to have a little reunion with him. Also cinder, I believe you advertised some kinda super Grimm in this show, and I'm not exactly seeing it right now.

Right as I said that, I felt the very remnant shake, as if a massive quake had just hit beacon.

Cinder: don't worry y/n, all you have to do is wait until the next episode...

Cinder walked off with a devilish grin, and I looked around to find this supposed super Grimm. Suddenly, the loud shriek of an airborne Grimm had caught my attention. I looked on to find the source of the shriek, and a smile crept onto my face one I saw the titanic sized Grimm soaring Through the air, leaving a thick blanket of black, tar like substance in its trail, which dropped to the ground underneath it.

Y/n: woah...what the hell is that beauty?

Mercury: that's the wyvern. Pretty cool, huh?

My eyes widened once mercury had answered me, and memories of ozpin's story had came back to me. I looked at the majestic creature in wonder, as I realized that ozpin's story did have some kind of truth to it.

After taking in the sight for a few moments, I decided to leave and search for any of the team RWBY members. I flew around in the skies, looking around to see if I could find Blake or Weiss.

As I scanned the area with my eyes, my faunus ears had picked up the sound of a nearby voice yelling for something, or someone to get away. The voice sounded like a distressed yang, so I hurried towards the source, and found myself flying into a half destroyed building, where I saw yang leaping towards Adam Taurus with her semblance activated.

I saw Adam smirk as he sheathed his sword, and I was left standing there as I watched on in horror.

Adam had swiftly drawn his sword once yang had gotten close enough, and he activated his semblance. Yang had been struck, and as she fell to the ground, her forearm had separated from the rest of her body, shooting out a spray of blood from the rest of her arm. I shook in place as I watched yang fall to the ground while a pool of her blood had started to form, and I felt my closed fists radiate with energy.

Adam flicked yang's blood off of his blade, when Blake had jumped in between them, trying her best to protect my sister. Adam scowled from under his mask.

Adam: there are consequences to your actions, Blake. I hope you now understand that-

Y/n: Adam.

Adam paused once he heard my voice, and he slowly turned to face me as I approached him. My fists were glowing a bright cyan color, and I placed a hand on his shoulder.

Adam: it's great to see you again, y/n! Now we're finally all together, once again-

I threw my hand out in his direction, and I had thrown him to the ceiling and back into the ground several times over, before I calmed down and stopped.

Adam: y/n, what the hell!?

Y/n: god...damn it, Adam. I thought...

Adam: y/n, you're not seriously mad about yang, are you? We can't afford to lose this. she's not your family. You're family is in the white fang! Who looked after you when you had nothing?

Y/n: sienna did. But...well, you already know what happened-

Adam: h-how did you find out!? Look y/n, sienna wasn't the leader she claimed to be, so I took the initiative. She...she had to go.

Y/n:..what the hell are you talking about?

Adam:..shit.

I thought about his words in confusion, until it clicked in my head...I looked towards Adam who was cursing under his breath, before he quickly started backing away and unsheathed his sword.

Y/n: you...you killed sienna...

Adam: I...look y/n, I...I had to, if we were to move forward with our movement. She was holding the white fang back, she was holding the entire faunus race back!

I simply stated at him as tears began to roll down my cheeks, and I fell onto the bloodstained floors. Before he could continue, I got up and used all of my weight to throw a punch at his face. A small explosion went off once my fist connected with his drawn sword, and he was sent flying backwards and into the wall behind him. The force the explosion had knocked the nearby debris far out in every direction, and it knocked the breath out of Adam for a moment. I turned back to face Blake, who was busy helping yang get up by holding her up to her feet.

Y/n:..Blake, please get her somewhere safe. I'll take care of Adam.

As Blake and yang shuffled out of the building, I turned back to Adam, who had stood to his feet with his sword clutched in his hands.

Adam: look, y/n, I know how much the white fang means to you. You have to understand that I do is for the future of faunus kind!

I flew towards him at top speed, and I punched him through the roof of the building before I followed shortly behind. A flock of griffins swarmed around me as I closed in on Adam, and I used my semblance to throw him back down into the ground. He skipped along the ground like a smooth rock skipping across a river, while I dove down to land nearby.

He spun on the floor to quickly rise to his feet, and he held his sword out in a defensive position Infront of him.

A crater had formed underneath me once I hit solid ground, and I sprung into action by throwing charged punches at Adam. Instead of fighting back, Adam had blocked all of my strikes with his katana with complete focus and precision.

Adam: what is the point of this, y/n? I'm the closest person to family you have left!

Y/n: and who's fault is that!?

I charged forward and leaped into Adam with a fist reeled back to punch him, but Adam had sidestepped my attack and shot his sword out of its holster and into the side of my head. While I was dazed, he kneed me in the head as he jumped up to grab his katana, and slashed at me as I tumble backwards. He had sliced a gash in the back of my right arm, but I could back away in time to avoid his second strike.

Adam: don't you put your blame on me, y/n, everything that's happened to you is your own damn fault!

I rose back up to my feet and glared at him, before I shot a volley of explosive orbs directly at him. Adam slowly walked closer to me as he slashed the orbs and absorbed their power into his own blade. The flock of griffins had followed me down, and watched us from a short distance away.

Adam: you were the one who killed your real mother, and you were the one who decided to run away to the white fang, are you not? You made the choice to move on a long time ago, so why can't you follow through?

Once he had managed to close the distance between us, I pointed my arm out to the side to make him fly out to the side, before pulling him back in and punching him in the chest. His aura took a massive hit, and he quickly got off of the ground and held his katana back out.

Adam: look y/n, I don't want to have to hurt you, so why don't you back down and we can talk this out when we aren't in a warzone?

Y/n:..sure.

Both of us paused for a moment, before we got out of our fighting stances. We took a few steps away from each other and went our separate ways, but instead of leaving, I turned around to attack him while he was unprepared.

As soon as I turned around, Adam was already rushing towards me with his katana closing down on me. I used my semblance to redirect his blade to drive into the ground, and I punched him in the face before he could retaliate. The punch had knocked his mask off, to reveal his branding scar over his missing eye.

Adam: heh, I knew you'd do that.

Y/n: shut the hell up Adam.

Adam rushed back in to engage me, and I tried my best to avoid his deadly strikes. I could feel the emotional rush wearing off, which caused my semblance to lose its strength over the course of our duel. The more hits Adam blocked with his blade, the more energy he was storing for his semblance.

Adam: I can tell you don't really want this, y/n, You would have already thrown me into the stratosphere if you did. So why even bother?

Y/n: I...shut up!

I pulled him in with my semblance and threw a heavy punch at him, which he had blocked with his blade. Although he was sent flying backwards where one of the griffins was sat, and he had quickly recovered by twirling mid air as he sliced the griffon in half before he holstered his blade. He quickly drew his sword again, and sent a small wave of energy at me, Which I couldn't avoid in time. I was knocked backwards, and when I looked back up, Adam had closed the distance and he had buried his katana deep into my side.

I froze up due to the immense pain that I felt, and my hands trembled along with the rest of my body. Adam quickly pulled his sword out of me, and spin kicked me backwards and hollering his katana. I couldn't get off of the ground, and I instead looked up to see that he was preparing to use his semblance against me. After a few moments of charging up his attack, he quickly drew his sword out, and unleashed a large slash of energy in my direction. With no aura left to protect me, I was sure to die from such a powerful attack, and all I could do was hold my arms out in front of me in a desperate attempt to protect myself. The last thing I saw was the slash of energy barreling towards me, before everything went black.

I took a moment to look around, and I found myself in a familiar static void of darkness, with the only source of light being directly behind me. After slowly turning around, I found myself face to face with the yellow glowing silhouette that I had hallucinated during my fight with the mecha crab. She had no defining features, other than the faunus ears and tail that struck a heavy resemblance to mine.

Silhouette: I was hoping we wouldn't see each other again. Are you dead?

Y/n: um...I don't know? I mean, I really doubt the afterlife exists, so...

Silhouette: you are wrong, and you will realize that much sooner than you may believe. Do you desire to die yet?

Y/n: well, kinda. Why does everything keep getting worse? Adam was... basically the only family I had left, and apparently, he killed one of my mothers! If I was playing dead mother bingo, I'd be kicking ass right now.

Silhouette: three for three, so you're not wrong. You do have an important choice to make now. Are you going to die? Are you fine with leaving everything behind, or do you wish for another chance?

Y/n: I wasn't exactly being serious, but...okay, what are you? Are you like, the anti-shadow man?

Silhouette:.. I guess you can call me that. I guess you could also call me your guardian angel. Except, I don't protect you. I simply offer you a choice to end your life short.

Y/n: oh, so you aren't trying to save me? You're only trying to get me to die faster?

Silhouette: yes, you could say that.

Y/n: Well fuck you bitch, I'm not dying anytime soon You'll see!

Silhouette: I cannot wait to see what you will do next...

Suddenly, I was pulled out of the static void and brought back into reality. I was sitting on the ground, holding my arms out defensively, while Infront of me stood a transparent blue wall in between me and Adam. The wall had shielded me from Adam's moon slice, and I was completely unharmed from his attack.

Y/n: what the...?

Adam:..since when could you do that?

Y/n:..you tried to kill me...

Adam: you're overreacting y/n, I'd never try to kill you...

Adam spoke with a slightly deeper voice as he got back into his fighting stance. His sword was holstered, and he was slightly lowered to the ground as he waited.

I planted my foot into the ground and crouched down a little as I waited for the right moment to strike. We both stared at each other through the transparent wall, looking into each others eyes. Not in a gay way or anything, but just staring.

After a few seconds, I finally raised my hand and flung him into the air, before slamming him back down and punching him before he could land. He flew backwards and I few after him as we passed a few Grimm and atlesian robots. He finally landed on his feet and slashed his katana at me as I barreled towards him at high speeds. I halted in front of him and held my arms back up to protect myself from his attack, and I summoned another blue wall in front of me, which had exploded like a claymore once his sword came in contact with it. As he recoiled back, I ran up while I quickly rubbed my hands together to create a dark blue glow, and hit him in the chin with a charged punch. His aura flashed as my fist came in contact with his Chin, and it had finally shattered.

He flew back up a few feet, but I had grabbed him with my semblance so I could slam him against the ground again, and again, and again. After a few moments, I could see small amounts of blood being left on whatever I smacked him against. I then stopped, to pull him back in and punch him in his face, and fell back onto the ground with quite a bit of blood spewing on the ground.

He fell onto his back, and he struggled to get up as I rubbed my hands together to create a bright blue glow on my hands. I then used my semblance to pull him back closer to me. I held him in front of me, and I reeled a fist back to punch him. With how much energy I had managed to store in a surprisingly short time, he would surely end up just like penny. I his aura was gone, and his sword was knocked down on the ground behind him, leaving him defenseless. I could kill him, right here, and right now...

But I can't. A few tears started to build up in my eyes, and I dropped him as the glow in my fist dissipated.

Y/n: I... you're right, I don't want to do this...the Grimm can do it for me.

Adam stared at me with slight confusion as his scowl dropped, and I walked off to leave the area. I quickly walked past three of the griffons that were watching our fight, and the griffins slowly walked past me, being careful to avoid me. I turned to look back, where I saw the whole flock had surrounded Adam, before he could fully get up.

I flew up into the sky once I started hearing the screams of Adam, and I scanned the area to see what I should do next.

Up on top of the large tower that stood over beacon, I saw that it's roof was torn off, and cinder and Pyrrha we're in the middle of a battle. Pyrrha was crawling towards her shield as cinder watched from a few feet in the air. I flew down towards cinder as she
materialized an obsidian bow, and I punched her in the side of the face with a charged punch. The force made her fly down off of the tower, and I dropped down to land on level ground to catch my breath for the first time in a while.

Y/n: holy shit I am so done with all of this... she's definitely coming back by the way, Pyrrha. You want me to take over?

Pyrrha: no y/n, you need to get out of here. This is my battle...

I looked over at her while I leaned down with my hands placed on my legs, and I sighed at her and shook my head.

Y/n: are you trying to be a hero or something? Idiot. Trust me, you're gonna want the help-

I was interupted by a loud and sudden crash from behind me, and I jolted up out of surprise. I slowly turned around, to see the massive wyvern Grimm clinging onto the tower and looking down at me with its sharp crimson eyes. Behind me, cinder had came back and resumed her fight with Pyrrha, and in front of me, the wyvern had let out a loud screech, before lowering its head down to try and eat me.

Y/n: hold on, one second, I still need a moment to catch my breath!

The wyvern had stopped and tilted its head at me, before It simply looked around as I took a short time getting in a few heavy breaths.

Y/n: so...you're the only actual relative of mine that I've met, according to ozpin...wanna catch up real quick? Have some family Bonding time?

The wyvern looked down at me, before letting out a loud screech and spreading it's large black wings out to its sides.

Y/n: yeah, I don't really blame you. Oh well, let's just get this shit over with...

I shot my hands out and fired a volley of blue orbs at its large chest, and I quickly flew back up once it leaned down to snap at me. It then flapped its large wings and took to the skies after me.

It was slowly catching up to me, as I fires explosive orbs behind me in hopes that I most of them were hitting him.

Suddenly, the wyvern had flown under me and swooped upwards to cut me off. I stopped in time, and in front of me was a massive cloud of black fog trailing behind the large dragon. I looked up to try and find the wyvern, and I saw that he had flown back down behind me and continued to circle me, until I was stuck in the middle of a massive cloud of the probably hazardous black fog. I could no longer see the wyvern, so I began to build up some energy for when he inevitably showed up.

I quickly looked around in every direction to try and find the wyvern, but I instead saw nevermores and griffons forming out of the black fog surrounding me. I held my arms up Infront of me to form a floating blue wall to protect me from one side, and the dumbass Grimm kept flying straight into it and exploding. To deal with the nevermores, I either dodged them as they tried to dive into me, or I threw them elsewhere with my semblance. Eventually, I turned around at just the right time to see the wyvern pierce through the dark fog and barrel towards me with open jaws, and I had enough time to move Its head upward slightly and punch it in the bottom of Its mouth. The punch was strong enough to redirect the beast, and I quickly flew through the gap that it created in the fog before it could fill back up.

I chased after the wyvern as if flew away, but it was smart enough to flick its tail upwards and hit me higher up in the sky. As I flew through the air uncontrollably, it dive bombed to the ground and quickly swooped back up before it could crash, and I closed in on me with open jaws. It stopped once it was level with me, and it bit down onto me. Half of my body was in its mouth, my upper half hanging out, and the only thing stopping me from being crushed in its mouth was my semblance. I was stuck inside a tooth gap in its mouth, and I was pushing both sides of his jaws with my hands to keep him from biting down on me.

Y/n: I...am...not...into this vore shit!

I was able to slowly open its mouth a litt more, and I looked around at my surroundings to try and distract myself from the fatigue that I was feeling, the wyvern had perched back onto the tower, where I saw Pyrrha with an arrow in her chest slowly disintegrating as Cinder held her crown. I also noticed that Ruby was up there now, and I watched as she clutched her stomach, before a blindingly bright flash of white erupted from her eyes. A heavy burning sensation overcame my entire body, and both me and the wyvern Grimm screamed in pain. I was overwhelmed by the pain, and I could feel as my mind had slipped away, and before I knew it, I blacked out inside of the Jaws of the wyvern...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, 10,577 words is quite the achievement. Unfortunately, there will be no more chapters here

Instead, I'm continuing this in a sequel! It should be out by the time you are reading this, especially since Its just going to be the first chapter of this story until I write the first real chapter. It'll have the same name as this, except it'll have (volume 4) in its title. Anyways, I'm incredibly happy that you guys seemingly enjoy this story so far, and I can't wait to see you for the next chapter!

Or maybe I can, considering I waited a whole month to finish this up since the last chapter came out :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had regained consiousness with a throbbing headache, and I opened my eyes to find myself stuck in the now stone filled mouth of the wyvern Grimm. I slowly picked myself up and stood up, shaking the thin layer of stone off of me and I watch as it crumbled off of me. I slowly walked towards the teeth of the Grimm, and I fell out of Its mouth once I lost balance and landed down onto the tower, facing the stone statue of the wyvern Grimm. It doesn't surprise me that the only actual relative I've met has instantly been killed off... somehow. The last thing I could remember was being blinded by...ruby...

I quickly got up once I realized that I had to find ruby and yang to make sure they're okay. Ruby was in the general area of cinder, and yang had gotten her arm cut off the last time I saw them, so there is a good chance that...

My thoughts were cut off when I realized that the elevator leading up to here was destroyed. I tried to activate my semblance to fly, but I soon realized that my semblance was gone once again. I Instead just looked down the elevator shaft to judge how far down it goes, before I backed up and slowly looked up at the morning sky, before falling down backwards onto the ground.

Y/n: HOW THE FUCK DO I GET DOWN!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 69 13
Y/n was taken in by the Summer Rose and Tai xiao long he was the youngest of their kids, younger than Ruby and Yang they had a nice life as a family...
553K 3.7K 24
Ok your (Y/N) Rose the adopted son of Taiyang and Summer younger brother of Yang Xiao Long and older brother of Ruby Rose RWBY belong to rooster tee...
125 1 12
This is a story about a young men name Casey Who was raised by Taiyang Xiao Long and summer rose. But there is more to this young man then meets the...
69.4K 1.7K 92
Y/N Rose was the son of Qrow Branwen and Summer Rose, and the oldest child of the Rose family. Due to Qrows' semblance and a messy end to they're rel...