Classroom of the Elite: React...

By 69420IQ

These are not just any reactions but one of the most funny and illogical classroom of the Elite Reactions eve... More

Prologue
Arrival Day
Revelation Starting
Food Trap
Merit, Equality (Basically meeting Manabu)
Priorities- To buy a chain lock
Side Story (Horikita)
Cooperative Relationship
First Courageous Step
Most Defective
Blackmailing
Humans are nothing but tools
Despair Strikes in
Gaining a perfect pawn
Summer Vacation - Author going crazy
Summer Vacation -Author going crazy again
Summer Vacation - Uncrazy Cut
Summer Vacation -Finally it ends
Learning about the truth
Childhood Friend Reunion
Finding the traitor
Reenacting the past
Going for the hunt
Now you feel it, no?

Points Purchase

5.6K 149 12
By 69420IQ

AYANOKOUJI (POV)

We made our way to the cafeteria. Before long, we entered the confusion of the cafeteria and got to the meal ticket machine. After buying a ticket for two portions, I moved away from the ticket vending machine and didn't line up at the counter. From there, I looked at the fingertips of the students who were buying their food.

Shinohara -"It's from his point of view again, huh?"

Ike -"Why are you always surrounded by girls? And why are you with Kushida-Chan this time?" he asked with a twinge of jealousy.

Kirito -"Could you stop with the questions? The chapter has only just begun..."

"What is it?"

Kushida looked at me in curiosity.

Keisei -"Huh? You didn't knew, Kushida-san? I mean, you're with him, so you should have known where he was taking you, right? "

Kushida - "No, I didn't know what Ayanokoji was actually aiming for that time, so I just accompained him. That's all." 'FUCK YOU! WHO EVEN SAID YOU COULD OPEN YOUR MOUTH? YOU FOUR EYES ! ! !'

Ike -"That's weird."

"There is a possibility that this will lead to an answer to what I was concerned about."

Kanzaki -"What do you mean? What were you concerned about?"

Ayanokoji-"Something to do with the mid term exams."

I looked at all the students who were buying lunch. After about 20 students, I found my target student. The student bought the meal and walked over to the counter with heavy steps.

Ryuuen- "Kukukuku. You sound like a hunter waiting for its prey."

Ike -"Yeah, what do you mean by a  target student?"

"Alright, let's go."

"What? Ok."

Quickly exchanging our tickets for meals, I walked over to the student and sat down.

"Um, excuse me. You're... a senpai, right?"

"...Huh? Who are you?"

Quietly looking up, he looked at me, uninterested.

"Are you a second-year? Third-year?"

"Third year. You're a first-year, huh."

"I am Ayanakouji-kun of class D. Senpai, you're also in class D, right?"

"...What does that have to do with you?"

Miyamoto -"How did you know he is from class D?"

Onodera -"Yeah! It doesn't make sense... You normally wouldn't know someone unless you have acquainted with them before..."

Hashimoto -"Not really. Look at the meal that senpai is having. It might sound rude, but only Class D students run low on points in this school."

Kushida looked at me in surprise, asking "How did you know?"

"Because he was restricted to the free meal. It's not very tasty, is it?"

Shinohara -"Looks like umm..."

Hashimoto - "Hashimoto Masayoshi. You can call me Hashimoto."

Shinohara -"Yeah, looks like Hashimoto-kun was right."

"What the hell, making me feel annoyed."

He tried to get up with his try, but I stopped him.

"I have something to ask you. If you listened to me, I would show my gratitude."

"...Gratitude?"

Kanzaki -"Gratitude? What do you mean by that?"

Sakayanagi -"Fufufu. I don't know what you are after but I am sure it is something interesting..."

Miyamoto -"Huh? What do you mean..." he was cut off by the continuation.

My small voice was lost in the confusion of the cafeteria.

The nearby students were also engrossed in their conversations with friends.

"Do you still have the problems on the midterm from your first semester? Or if you know someone that has all the previous test problems, can you let us know who he is?"

Ike -"Wait, wait, wait, what's that supposed to mean?"

Shinohara -"Yeah, didn't Kushida-san get the mid term papers from a senpai she was friends with?"

"Hey, do you even understand what you're saying?"

"It's not anything surprising. I don't think it's against school policy to use old test problems to study."

"Why are you asking me?"

"That's easy. I thought it would be easier to cut a deal with someone without points. Honestly, the free vegetable meal isn't that tasty. Of course, things are different if you actually like eating that meal. What do you say?"

Kanzaki- "It seems like you have totally taken control of the conversation, Ayanokoji."

Keisei -"Yeah, it's like he is just dancing in the palm of your hands."

"...How much?"

"10,000 points. That's as far as I can go."

"I don't have any of the problems, but... I know someone who does. If you want to ask him to help, you need at least 30,000 points."

"30,000 is way too much. I don't have that kind of money."

"How much do you have, then?"

"...20,000 points."

"Then 20,000 points... No, 15,000 points will do. Nothing less."

"15,000 points, huh..."

"If you would go as far as to ask a complete stranger about past problems, you must be really desperate. After all, the school expels everyone who fails. I've already lost a lot of my friends."

"I see. ...Ok. I will pay 15,000 points."

"Then the deal is good. Of course, you'll have to pay in advance."

"I don't mind, but if you go back on your word, I won't forgive you. I'll make sure you get expelled."

Shinohara -"Chotto Matte!!! Do you even know what you are saying...? He is a senpai! And expelling someone isn't some type of joke."

Ike -"Yeah, you're surprisingly daring, Ayanokoji!"

Kei - *murmurs* "Huh... So Kiyotaka was the one who distributed those papers? Really, I feel like without him, our class would have been in chaos. He has single handedly changed the whole class... Mouu, just how cool can he get?"

Matsushita -"To think that he was controlling the class from wayy back then and he is doing this like it's a piece of cake..."

"...Fine. I don't want any bad records. If rumors pop up that I ripped off a kouhai, I probably won't be forgiven."

"Now then, senpai, since I will pay you 15,000 points, can you give me a freebie? I want to see the answers to the mock test."

"Alright, I'll include that. Well, I think that whatever you're trying to do is useless, but sure."

It looks like senpai understood what I was thinking.

Onodera -"Huh? What were you thinking?"

"Thank you."

The senpai quickly left his seat. I guess he didn't want to be noticed.

"H-hey, Ayanokouji-kun... Was that... was that really ok?"

"There's no problem at all. The transfer of points is allowed by school rules, so there aren't any violations."

"That's fine, but isn't it dishonest to get past year's questions?"

"Dishonest? I don't think so. If the school didn't allow it, there would've been something in the rules. Also, I confirmed another thing when I was just talking to the third-year senpai. It looks like these kind of transactions aren't that strange."

Haruka -"Huh? What's that supposed to mean Kiyopon?"

Okitani -"Yeah, and how do you even know if it's strange or not?"

"Huh...?"

"He wasn't particularly surprised, and he quickly agreed to listen to my proposal. It probably isn't his first time negotiating. He has not only the answers to the midterms, but even the mock test. There's no mistake."

Hashimoto -"So you are good at observing things too, huh?" 'I don't get it... If he is good at observing things, then when I was tailing him why didn't he even react to it?'

Professor -"It's just like in the anime where everyone underestimate the MC and then he leaves all of them with their mouth open." This time people did take his words seriously.

Her eyes were spinning in astonishment.

"Ayanokouji-kun, you were really different. I was surprised."

"It's just insurance to make sure that Sudou and the others don't get expelled."

"But this might turn out to be useless. Past questions are past questions, right? This year's test may be completely unrelated."

"The problems may not be exactly the same, but there will definitely be some similarities. The last mock exam gave me that hint."

"Hint?"

"You noticed that there were really hard problems along with easy ones, right?"

"Well, yeah. Those were the last problems of each section. I didn't understand those questions at all."

"When I looked into it after, those were problems that second-years and third-years were learning. In other words, they don't expect first-years to be able to solve those problems. Isn't it useless to throw in those kind of unsolvable problems? They're probably there for a reason other than to actually test us. If the problems on the mock exam were the exact same as previous mock exams, what would happen?"

Shinohara -"I don't even have words for it..."

Haruka -"Really Kiyopon! You are like a completely different person."

Ryuuen- "Kukuku, so that's how that bastard saved everyone in his class."

"...If I saw those problems, I would be able to ace the test."

The same thing is applicable to the midterm.

Soon after, I got a message from the third-year senpai with an attachment. It was the old tests.

First, I checked the mock test. The key question is, are the last three problems the same?

Kushida also tried to look at my phone.

"Are they? Are they the same?"

"It's completely identical. The problems, sentences, and all the words are the same."

"That's amazing! If we showed this to everyone, it would be an easy success! Don't show it to only Sudou-kun, but everyone else too!"

"No, we won't show it to Sudou, Ike, and Yamauchi yet."

"W-why? You went as far as to use so many points."

"If they hear that these are the test questions, they'll lose all motivation and focus. Above all, overconfidence is the biggest problem. The midterm may not be the same as the mock test; there's a possibility the problems are different on the midterm."

Ike - "Yeah, you are right, but the questions were the same in exam. Right, everyone?"

Hoshinomiya -"I don't get it. With those high specs and atheletism, how did he end up in class D? What defect does he have?"

It's essential to keep in mind that these old tests are insurance.

"Then what are you going to use them for?"

"Release these problems the day before the test. Then we tell everyone that these problems are roughly the same as this year's test. What would everyone do then?"

"That night, everyone would try to memorize the problems!"

"That's how it is."

The students who  don't understand the basics probably can't memorize all the problems in a single day. But, it's not difficult to understand the problems beforehand. We're not trying to get the highest score possible on this next test. We're trying to avoid failing. If we ask for too much, the plan might fail.

Ike -"Yeah,on the last day Kushida-chan did give all of us test papers, but we never heard about your name, Ayanokoji."

Kushida -"Well, that's because Ayanokoji-kun asked me to keep it a secret betwen us."

Shinohara -"Why would you do that? I mean, I don't even know whether you are an idiot or not."

Onodera -"Yeah! I mean the way he handled the conversation... It was kind of cool, but why try to hide yourself? That doesn't make any sense..."

Ayanokoji -"I don't like being in the spotlight. That's all there is to it."

But with this, we can probably get everyone to pass in class D.

"Hey... When did you think to get these old tests?"

"Since we learned that the test was different. However, I had an inkling that the old tests might be similar ever since the midterm was mentioned."

Keisei -"Wait, that's wayy too early to learn about that? Isn't it?"

Shinohara -"If your brain really works so fast then how did you end up in our class?"

Ike -"So that's what Horikita-san meant after his perfect score..."(referring when in 2ndyear volume 2 horikita says ayanokoji will be a thorn in other classes sides)

"Eh!? T-that early!?"

"When Chiyabashira-sensei first mentioned the midterm, she was speaking in an unusual manner. Even though she knew Sudou and the other's grades and attitudes, she spoke with absolute confidence. In other words, she confirmed that there was a surefire way to save them."

"Is that... the old tests?"

The reason why Sudou, Ike, and Yamauchi were all admitted to this school, despite their academic ability, must be connected to this somehow. If they can't get good grades by studying hard, this is a sort of escape route for them. In other words, it's possible for everyone get near perfect scores by getting the old tests. That's how I understood it, at least.

Hashimoto -"You really seem to be way too observant, Ayanokoji."

Ayanokoji -"Since I am a loner, I tend to notice things a little better than average person."

"...Ayanokouji-kun, you're really observant, aren't you?"

"I'm just being cunning. I didn't think that I could pass the midterm without any help anyway. I was looking for a way to reliably pass."

"Hmm..."

As if she had something on her mind, Kushida had a mischievous smile.

"I have a favor to ask. Could you say that you got the old questions? Say that you got the old tests from a third-year senpai that you get along with."

"I'm fine with it, but... are you really ok with that?"

"I like to avoid trouble, after all. I don't want to stand out. Also, our classmates trust you. It'd be a lot better for you to tell everyone else."

Miyamoto -"So that means Ayanokoji was the one who saved us during the midterms? Yo, Ayanokoji! Thanks man!"

Some of the students thanked while others still can't get in terms with it.

"...Ok. If you say so."

"Thanks. I don't to stand out unnecessarily."

"Well then, let's keep this a secret between us."

"Yea, that sounds good."

"Don't you feel like there's some kind of trust between us when we share this kind of secret?"

"Well, dunno. I hope so."

"Thanks."

Kushida curtly replied. I don't know what her thanks was exactly for, though.

Kirito - "Next scene will be about how Sudo was saved from expulsion during midterms."

Sudo -"This is where Suzune saves me right?!"

Ike -"Yeah, how were you even able to do that?"

Ryuuen -"Wait, what's that supposed to mean?" 'Sudo? Expulsion? Does that mean Sudo failed the exams? But he is still here right? That bastard... what could have he done to turn the tables? He couldn't have bought him out of expulsion... He couldn't have had the resources... So then, what...?'

Sakayanagi -"Listening to class D, it's like something really interesting is going to happen..."

I exited the classroom and quickly walked towards the staff room. While wondering whether or not Chiyabashira-sensei had already reached the staff room, I saw her looking out the window, standing still in the hallway. As if she was waiting for someone.

Kanzaki -"It's you again! So you were the one who saved him!"

Ayanokoji-"You are half right. It was Horikita who also helped in saving Sudo."

Ike -"Does that mean you were also involved in that incident?"

Haruka -"Kiyopon~ You didn't tell us any of this~" she jokingly said.

Ayanokoji -"You never asked me any of this, Haruka."

"Ayanokouji, class will start soon."

"Sensei. Is it fine if I ask you one question?"

"...A question? Is that why you ran after me?"

"I have something to ask of you."

"Starting with Horikita, and even you. What is it?"

"Do you think that today's Japanese society is fair?"

Hoshinomiya -"That really took a complete 180, Ayanokoji -kun! I thought you were going to save Sudo, but why did you ask this question?"

Ayanokoji -"The topic bothered me for quite some time, sensei."

"What a sudden change in topic. Do you get anything out of it even if I answer?"

"It's very important."

"If I speak my opinion, then no, it's not fair. Not one bit"

"Yes, I also think the same way. Fairness and equality is a lie."

"Did you chase after me to ask that question? If that's all, I'm leaving."

"One week ago, when you told us that the test material had changed, you said something like this: 'I forgot to tell the class.' Because of that, the notice reached us about a week after the other classes were informed about it."

"I said that in the staff room. So what?"

"Even though all the questions, our points, and the threat of expulsion is the same among all classes, only class D is treated unfairly."

"Are you saying you can't agree to that? But it's a good example. I guess you could call it a microcosm in our unfair society today."

Hoshinomiya -"Woah ! That's what you have been aiming for? Now your question makes sense! Sae-chan~ really you are so cruel for not telling them about the changes~"

Matsushita - "He is making sensei dance in the palm of his hand " she thought

Shinohara -"But how is this going to help with sudo's expulsion?"

"Of course, no matter how positively you look at it, the world is an unfair place. However, we are humans that can think and act."

"What are you trying to say?"

"I'm trying to say that it should seem equal at least."

"...I see."

"It doesn't matter whether or not 'forgetting' to tell us was on purpose. However, it's a fact that one person is now being forced to leave the school because of those unequal conditions."

"What do you want me to do?"

"That is why I came to you. I want to meet with the school, who is perpetuating this inequality."

"To say you don't agree?"

"I just want to confirm the school's decisions with the right people."

Ike -"So does that mean you talked to school higher up about it? I mean sudo is still here..."

Ayanokoji -"Sensei didn't allow me to do that, unfortunately..."

"Sadly, even though you aren't wrong, I cannot let you. Sudou will drop out. It'll be very difficult to overturn that ruling at this time. Give up."

She ignored my argument. But that doesn't mean there's no meaning in her words

As expected, this person is someone who always has a hidden implication in her words.

"Difficult to be overturned at this time. In other words, there is a way to change the outcome."

Kanzaki -"What is that way? "

Ichinose -"How can you overturn it now really!" She had her head in her hands.

"Ayanokouji, I personally have a high opinion of you. Certainly, getting the old test questions was a correct solution. Furthermore, coming up with that idea even goes beyond common sense. But you distributed the questions to the class and raised the average test score. I think there's merit in coming up with that idea."

"Kushida also helped in getting those questions, so I did nothing special."

"I know that you didn't openly admit it, but there are upperclassmen too. I also know that you got the test questions from a third year."

Somehow, my actions were discovered.

"However, despite having a solid start by getting a hold of the test questions, you messed up at the end. That was why your plan didn't work. If he memorized them more thoroughly, Sudou probably wouldn't have gotten a failing grade in English. Why don't you give up and let Sudou drop out? Won't his future be more comfortable then?"

"To be honest... probably. However, I decided to help out this time. Or rather, I should say that I'm not giving up yet. I have one last attempt."

From my pocket, I took out my student card.

"What do you mean?"

"Please sell me one point for Sudou's English test."

"..."

Everyone paused the moment when I said those words. Even rest of the teachers were looking at the screen with astonishment. Then, as if breaking this movement restriction spell--

Ryuuen -"kukukkukkukkukukuku" and sakayanagi -"fufufufu"  both were laughing

Ryuuen -"That guy! He figured the points system out so early huh?"

Sakayanagi -"Well he is the masterpiece of whiteroom. I reeeally want a rematch with him when we get back~ Let's send Tsukishiro and and the white room enforcer home soon so that we can fight~"

Hoshinomiya sensei -"H-he-he-he... Did he just figure out the point system from the manual?But how? And so early? Really, he is playing on a completely different level... Sae-chan, I am sure there is something else about him that you are hiding. Well, we will find that out soon enough..." Chie-chan said, doing a Micheal Jackson in the process.

Sakagami sensei -"Did he seriously say that? But it's still too early for him to figure this out! Then how? I mean... isn't he a class D student? Just what is he?"

(this is referring to the assumptions kiyo made in vol.7 with chabashira about how school works and has a manual for all the situations)

Ike -"Wait! Is that even possible?"

Looking at me in astonishment, she laughed loudly.

"Hahahahaha. That's an interesting proposal. As I thought, you're different. I never imagined you would try to buy points."

"Sensei, you said so on the first day. There's nothing that can't be bought by points in this school. The midterm is one such thing in this school."

Matsushita -"Well he is right! Sensei did say we can buy anything but... Who would have thought to use it like this..."she said

Onodera -"Yeah you are right! I couldn't even think about that!" That's just because you're a baka, Kayano-chan. A cute baka, but a baka nevertheless.

"I see, I see. Certainly, you could think of that way. Do you even have the money to pay me, though?"

"Well then, how much is one point?"

"A very difficult question indeed. No one's ever asked to buy a point before. Let's see... I'll give you a point for 100,000 points."

"Sensei, you're cruel."

Ike -"Wait, Sudo is here... So how did you pay all those points??" Ike asked, ready to fall in love..

Ayanokoji -"Didn't I say Horikita was the one who helped me save Sudo?"

There isn't a single person in the school who hasn't used a point at all.

In other words, there isn't anyone who has 100,000 points.

"—I will also pay."

Sudo -"It's Suzune! So she payed for stopping my expulsion!"

Ayanokoji -"Yeah, she helped me cover up the remaining points..." Seriously, he paid atleast 70,000 points himself.

Hirata -"Thank you! Ayanokoji-kun and Horikita- san!"

Horikita -"There's no need to thank me. I was only doing it for my own benefit." She said, trying to look cool.

A voice came from behind me. Turning around, I saw Horikita standing there.

"Horikita..."

" As I thought, you two are interesting."

Chiyabashira-sensei took both our student cards.

"Alright, I'll agree to sell you a point. I'll take a total of 100,000 points from the two of you. Tell the rest of the class that Sudou's expulsion has been canceled."

"Is that fine?"

"You promised to pay 100,000 points, so it can't be helped."

Chiyabashira-sensei talked with an amused tone as she continued to look at us in wonder.

"Horikita, you also understand, right? Ayanokouji's skill."

Onodera -"I don't know... He is smart, but why does he hide himself ?"

Shinohara -"Yeah, that doesn't make any sense..."

"...Well... I only see an unpleasant student."

"What do you mean by unpleasant..."

"You purposely got low scores on tests,you  thought to get old test questions and give the credit to Kushida-san, and even came up with the crazy idea of buying test points. I don't think you're particularly special, you're just unpleasant."

Miyamoto -"Yeah, I think the same way..." he said, trying to be as cool as Horiita, but failing miserably.

Kanzaki -"We need to be wary of Ayanokoji."

Somehow, it looks like she heard about the test questions too.

"If it's you guys, you might actually be able to move your class up."

"I don't know about him, but I will definitely rise up."

"In the past, there's never been a case where a class D has been promoted. It's because the school immediately labels you as defectives and pushed you aside. How are you going to accomplish that?"

"Sensei if i may"

Without wavering, Horikita returned Chiyabashira-sensei's gaze.

"Honestly, many of the students in class D are defectives. However, that doesn't mean they're trash."

"What's the difference between defective and trash?"

"There's a paper thin difference. I think that with a little help, there is the possibility of improving an defective product to a superior product."

All class D students weren't able to believe what they heard since horikita normally keeps her distance from others

Sudo -"Yeah! I will work even hard and help out class get to class A!"

Ike -"Yeah... I guess you are right! We have to work even harder now!"

There was a strange sense of unity between them after listening to horikita's words

"I see. When you say it, it sounds oddly persuasive."

I had to agree with her words as well. Her words were certainly significant..

Horikita, who previously looked at other students and people as a hindrance, was slowly changing.

Of course, it's not that simple. Even though it's a tiny glimpse of her change, it's a huge change. As if she noticed as well, Chiyabashira-sensei faintly smiled.

"Well then, I look forward to it. As your homeroom teacher, I'll make sure to watch attentively to future events."

Chiyabashira-sensei walked away, towards the staff room.

We were left behind in the hallway.

Authors note

Vol . 1 reaction is completed. I will now upload vol . 2 reactions in the next 2 - 3 days. From  vol . 3 I will increase the pace of chapters meaning I will start writing only badass scenes. Look forward to it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

620K 9.9K 39
Its just as the title said. A typical cliche COTE reaction fic with all the years+Horikita Manabu and Tachibana senpai+teachers,tsukishiro,Papayanagi...
11.9K 493 9
Don't know what to put here. All I can say it's a COTE fic by me, so... Expect it to be trash? I guess? Idk. Read more if ya wanna find out. It's a S...
101K 3.1K 89
Very random ideas with a very random upload schedule. I'd say it's a decent length, however my early works aren't something I'm proud of but there ar...
663K 12.7K 66
I've always wanted to COTE fanfiction myself and I have some stories to write but I have zero writing experience, so that is why I'm starting this re...