๐‚๐‡๐„๐‚๐Š๐Œ๐€๐“๐„- ๐‹๐„๐Ž๐๏ฟฝ...

By justarcane

๐‚๐‡๐„๐‚๐Š๐Œ๐€๐“๐„ ๐ง๐จ๐ฎ๐ง /หˆtสƒษ›kmeษชt/ a position in which a player's king is directly attacked by an oppone... More

~INTRO~
MAGICLESS HERBIVORE
KEEP YOU COMPANY
PARTNER? MORE LIKE A BRAT
JUST A GAME
CHESS MASTER
MANAGER
WANT A RIDE?
MIDNIGHT ENCOUNTER
I DIDN'T GET TO SAY THAT
BEHOLD! IT'S BESTIE'S DEBUT!
NINGEN-SAN TO TSUNOTAROU-KUN
I WISH
TAKE A REST WOULD YOU?
RUN
YOU COULD HAVE DIED
I HAVE A DREAM
DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES
LION INSTINCT
SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO KNOW
I CAN SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING
PERHAPS, MAYBE
YOUR OPPONENT IS ME
INVESTIGATION STARTS!
NOT FINE
THE SMILE ON YOUR FACE
I WILL TURN IT INTO SAND
PLEASE, COME BACK
NICE TO MEET YOU, CHEKA-KUN
AFRAID OF
WHAT GIVES YOU MOTIVATION?
I'LL BE THERE
THREE TWO ONE, ACTION!
YOU BEAT ME TO IT
DESPITE EVERYTHING
IT'S A DEAL!

LET'S END THIS

2.6K 103 93
By justarcane

Leona looked at the glass bottle on the table and picked it up. He opened the stopper, but the pungent smell of the potion inside made him immediately put it back.

"The odour of strong potion is usually strong, Leona-san, but I'm sure its effect surely meets your expectations." Azul assured. "This potion will enable the drinker to extend the area affected by their magic and spell. With this portion, casting spells on a large number of people at the same time will not be difficult at all."

Hearing what Azul said, Leona put the bottle back onto the table. A satisfied smirk appeared on his face, "No wonder why they said, whatever you want, find Azul Ashengrotto. The efficiency and problem-solving skills, I appreciate that."

Azul smiled as he heard Leona's praise, although he knew it might only be some kind of pleasantries.

You looked at the sound wave shown on the screen of your phone while trying your best to breathe as softly as you could. You wouldn't want to be caught eavesdropping and recording what the two housewardens were discussing. Your attention returned to them when you heard Azul's voice again.

"Please keep in mind that the effect of the potion will only last for 5 minutes." Azul reminded.

"That will be enough," Leona smirked.

Azul slightly pushed up his glasses while trying to probe into what the lion in front of him was thinking, "I am kind of interested, Leona-san. What exactly are you planning?"

Leona raised a brow and looked up at Azul with a mischievous smile, "I don't even know what you're talking about, Azul."

Azul faked a small laugh, "You've requested changing the player procession to start at the east entrance instead of the west one. Combined with this potion, I wonder what is your plan."

"Could it be... related to Diasomnia...or perhaps, Malleus-san?" Azul asked.

You couldn't help but frown when you heard that there was something to do with Diasomnia, as Tsunotarou was in that dorm.

Leona refused to answer the question directly. Instead, he leaned onto the sofa back and put on a light-minded smirk, "Well, I assure you I'm not planning anything evil. After all, I just want to have a memorable competition with my fellow schoolmates, right?"

Azul let out a chuckle, "Well, I look forward to that, Leona-san."

"Let's not waste our precious time. How much do you want?" Leona sat up straight and returned to the main issue. Azul said that he'd want to have some time to think of what he wanted in return the last time they met. He knew Azul had nothing to do with being a conscientious businessman, and he had already been ready to pay however much money Azul would ask for.

"Sure, Leona-san." The lips of Azul curved into a pleased smile as he continued, "This time, instead of money, I would like to ask for another thing."

Leona raised a brow. What other than money would this Octo-punk ever want? "Go on" Leona uttered.

Azul took out a gold contract and placed it on the table. "I am not asking for any expensive or difficult to get. After all, I just want to help my dearest schoolmates to fulfill their wishes-"

"Say the point." Leona showed his impatience in his voice.

Azul again pushed his glasses on his nose. It seemed to be a habit of his. "I would like you to provide me with information about Y/n-san in return for the potion."

You widened your eyes in shock when you heard your name being spoken by Azul. Why would he even want to know anything about you when you merely knew him?

What you couldn't see was that Leona was having a similar reaction as yours, but he tried to keep it inside himself and acted calmly in front of Azul. "Herbivore? Why would you want to get to know anything about her?" Leona put his guard up and questioned.

The pretending-to-be-kind smile on Azul's face never faded. "I am sorry, but it's a commercial secret that I can't tell." He replied.

"Why me? Why asking me 'bout that?" Leona continued to ask.

"I never thought it was so difficult to understand, Leona-san." Azul smirked. Or is it just you pretending that you don't know? Azul thought, but of course, he wouldn't say it in front of his client.

"Almost everyone in this school can see how close you and Y/n-san are, Leona-san." He continued. "I suspect if there's any possibility that Y/n-san is assisting you and your dorm on whatever you're planning, Leona-san."

"There must be some interesting and useful secrets about Y/n-san that only you know." Azul explained.

"I've never made such a bargain deal with anyone before, Leona-san. Just sell them to me, and I will give this potion, without any other monetary payment in return." Azul pointed at the glass jar and offered the deal.

You would be lying if you said you were not that close with Leona. No matter how much you try not to admit it, you could feel there's something between you and Leona.

It's something that made you smile whenever you saw Leona. It's something that made your cheeks became potato red whenever there's any tiny physical contact between the two of you, even if it's just Leona's hand accidentally touching yours when you two were doing experiments during lessons. It's something that made your heart flutter and even skip a beat whenever Leona talked to you while looking at you with his emerald eyes. It's... no, you didn't want to say that word.

That's something you had never felt before in your life, not from your so-called family or friends, and that's why you're not familiar with talking about that word.

At least, you could feel that something, although you weren't sure about that, between you and Leona. At least that's what you thought.

And perhaps it's because of this thought of yours, which made it even more painful for you to hear what you're going to hear next.

"HAHAHA!" Leona let out a burst of laughter, which even startled Azul a bit.

"Azul, I've never thought your mindset was as simple as those herbivores in this school." Leona stopped laughing and mocked.

Azul raised an eyebrow to require further clarification.

"I thought you'd be smart enough to understand my intentions to get close to that magicless herbivore, Azul." Leona sneered.

"My school life here is boring to the point that I have to find some less boring stuff to kill time." Leona shrugged with a sigh, followed by a smirk appearing on his lips, "And here is Y/n. I kinda find her hovering around me pathetic yet fun to watch."

You froze with widened eyes when you heard that familiar voice, Leona's voice, saying that. What was... that? You had been anxious throughout the conversation between Leona and Azul, but that wasn't anything you had expected, and you didn't even have time to process that before Leona's voice rose again.

"You know I'm a gracious upperclassman, right? How can I not accompany such a pitiful and unfortunate underclassman, while I can have myself entertained?" Leona said with a light-minded tone as if he was talking about something that he couldn't care lesser.

Don't say it anymore.

"Besides, she's a lackey of  Crowley. Why would I truly trust her?"

This is enough. Please.

"God knows if she would snitch on me to Crowley. How would I possibly involve her if I were actually planning anything important? Of course, I'm not planning any right now." Leona smirked as he continued. "It's unexpectedly easy to gain her trust though, but of course, I will not trust her anyway."

Stop, please.

"I'm just pretending to be close to her, so I can make use of her when the time is right. I may even get to know some useful dirty secrets of the headmage. I guess you're familiar with that, Azul."

Please.

"With all these benefits, why would I not make use of such a useful pawn? I thought you're smarter than that, Azul." Leona looked at Azul with pitying eyes while faking a sigh.

Azul pushed his glasses and tried to hide that noticeable displeasure on his face for being called not smart enough. "Of course, Leona-san. I still have a lot to learn from you other than how to be a good housewarden." Azul faked a polite smile. Including your cunningness. But that wasn't what he would say in front of Leona.

"If this option doesn't suit you, I may have no choice but to ask for another payment method." Azul said. It's not like he totally believed in what Leona said about his relationship with you, but if that was what the lion insisted, he wouldn't try to dig deeper and eventually get on Leona's nerves, at least not at that moment. He wouldn't want to become enemies with him.

"Whatever you want." Leona uttered.

"I've heard that there is a rare and valuable herb that only grows near the Elephant Graveyard in Sunset Savanna." Azul offered, "I would like one of those plants, in return for the potion."

Leona slightly frowned when he heard what Azul had asked for. "You do know how to jack up the price." He hissed. Of course, he knew which plant Azul was talking about. It's not only rare but extremely rare in his country.

"I am a businessman, after all." Azul smiled proudly, "So what do you think? It's still not too late for you to change your mind."

Leona kept silent for seconds, before he spoke again, "Unfortunately, as I've told you, I've got nothing to deal with that magicless herbivore. I'll have that herb prepared next week."

Despite not getting what he wanted the most, it was still a victory for Azul. "That would be great, Leona-san." He said with a satisfied smile. He then slightly pushed the golden contract toward Leona and pointed at the signature line at the bottom, "Please sign here, and our deal will take effect immediately."

Although annoyance was clearly shown on Leona's face, he still picked up the fountain pen on the table and signed the contract.

"Glad to make a deal with you. I look forward to our next deal, Leona-san." Azul stood up and reached out a hand with a beam.

Leona rolled his eyes and stood up from the sofa. He glared at Azul's hand for a second, before walking toward to exit without even thinking of having a handshake with him. "Can't say I do." Was all he dropped before pushing the door and leaving Mostro Lounge with the potion with him.

"Such a cruel man he is. Even I wouldn't be able to say such harsh words about a girl who's that close to me." Azul looked at the contract and shook his head.

"Can't imagine how would Y/n-san feel if she actually heard those words." Azul wondered, but then a smirk appeared on his face, "Well, that may be another business opportunity." He had already started to think about how he could gain any profit from it.

What he didn't know was that you did hear all of those.

You leaned your head against the cupboard under the bar table, with your arms surrounding your bent legs. Your eyes were focusing on nothing. In your hand, it's your mobile phone with the recording app still on, though the sound wave remained as a single line due to the silence in Mostro Lounge.

Hilarious. It was the first word that came to your mind. Pathetic, it was the second one. Both of them were used to describe yourself.

Combining what you had heard back in Savannaclaw, and Leona's deal with Azul, you were at least 90% sure that Savannaclaw, probably Leona, was the culprit of the series of accidents that happened on campus in this period. You found yourself dumb enough that you hadn't even thought that it was him all along.

But guess that wasn't what you found it hurt the most.

"So that's what I am to him." You mumbled with a wry smile. You never thought a normal slacking off of Ace would lead you to this kind of truth. It's kinda hilarious to you that there were moments when you actually thought there was something between you and Leona, and that, perhaps, you're not only a nobody to him.

But it seemed that you're wrong. All those laughs, smiles, and words, were nothing more than lies and acts. Hilarious. Pathetic.

What's more hilarious and pathetic was, you actually believed that they were real.

Your entire life had been telling you that there wasn't anyone who was worthy to trust in the world, yet, you still did, and even falling for him.

But that doesn't matter now, not anymore.

You didn't know how long it had been, until Azul left the Mostro Lounge, and you finally had a chance to leave. You're lucky that he didn't lock the door, but that also meant he might come back at any time.

You stood up from the ground. Your legs became sore because of not moving for a long time. You pressed the stop button on the screen and put the phone into your packet. The water wave of the aquarium reflected on your face along with the dim blue light. You walked out of Mostro Lounge, leaving the ocean behind you.

——

It was another boring day for Leona. The sun outside the balcony was almost setting. He lay on his bed while scrolling down his phone because he'd got nothing better to do.

All of a sudden, a notification popped up on the screen. Leona immediately clicked on it once he saw it was from you.

Got anything to do right now? -Y/n

Leona probably didn't realize that a tiny smile appeared on his face when he was typing.

Nope, how 'bout you? -Leona

He looked at the screen with the text bubble showing that you were typing while waiting for your reply until another message popped up.

Care to come to Ramshackle Dorm? -Y/n

And that was the sentence that widened the lion's beam. It had been a while since the last time you two played chess in Savannaclaw. He quickly got off his bed and left his room with the checkerboard with him.

See you in 10 minutes -Leona

He didn't have a single idea how things would end up at last.

The sky was grey, and Leona could tell it was going to rain very soon. He opened the door after knocking on it. It had been a while since the last time he came here, and it looked newer than it was.

"Herbivore, let us continue our last game." Leona walked into the lounge, where you seemed to be, but when he entered it, he found you standing in front of the window, with your back facing his direction.

"Why are you standing over there? There isn't anything special outside." Leona teased a bit as usual before he sat down on a sofa and got ready for the first round of chess. "Where is that kitten, by the way?" He asked when he realized that the grey cat was nowhere to be found in the room.

"I've sent him to Heartslabyul. Ace and Deuce are taking care of him." You replied without turning around. It seemed that your voice was somehow colder than usual.

"And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want Grim to hear any of the things that we're going to talk about." You added, with that emotionless voice, still.

Leona's hand which was holding a chess piece stopped in mid-air. His gut feeling told him something was happening, something bad, but still, he acted normal as if didn't even know what you were talking about. "Herbivore, you're making it sound like you're going to confess to me." He teased, but at the same time, he could feel his heartbeat rising.

You sneered before you finally turned around and faced Leona. "Why don't we talk about the victims of the accidents that happened recently?"

Leona looked up at you with a startle in his eyes. He could feel that you were going to talk about that, but it still shocked him when he saw the coolness in your eyes.

You didn't wait for him to respond and continued, "Who do you want to start with?Hannes Cirillo from Pomefiore? Charles Aquino from Octavinelle? Jamil Viper from Scarabia? Or Trey Clover from Heartslabyul?"

Leona kept silent and not making any reply. All of a sudden, it started raining outside, and the silence in Ramshackle Dorm made the sound of the rain even louder.

A while later, Leona broke the silence with a question while his eyes were staring down, "How did you find out?" His voice was so unemotional that you couldn't guess what kind of feelings he was having from that.

You didn't say anything, but instead, you opened your mobile phone and clicked on a voice document. At first, it was quiet, but then, a voice started talking.

"Leona-san, here is the ice tea you have asked for." From that voice, Leona could immediately realize that it was Ruggie's.

"I've also taken care of another job, shi shi shi." Ruggie chuckled.

"Aren't you an efficient one, Ruggie." Leona's voice appeared, "But as I said, make sure no evidence is leftover."

"Of course, Leona-san. It's a hyena policy that we never leave a scrap of our prey behind." Ruggie reassured, "For the next prey, which dorm and which player should we target?"

Another voice started speaking, and it was probably from a Savannaclaw student, "I have a suggestion, Ruggie-san! How about Floyd Leech from Octavinelle?"

"No no no! We should go for Silver from Diasomnia! We'll protect you from being discovered!" Another housemate voiced.

"Heartslabyul is the dorm with the least victims. Don't you all think we should do something to that-"

Leona's voice was playing, but you stopped the recording before his sentence was finished. "I guess that's enough." You uttered.

"You put a bug in my dorm?" Leona asked while raising his head with a sneer, "That was cunning enough."

"No, it's just my phone." You said. You put it in the middle of a fashion magazine and placed it in the drawer under a coffee table in Savanaclaw's lounge the day after you heard Leona and Azul's conversation. You knew the housemates never read any of them, so your phone would be safe.

"So it's you, right? And the whole Savanaclaw?" You questioned. Although you already had the answer, you still want Leona to answer it himself.

Leona knew there was no way he could escape from this, as apparently, you had enough proof in your hand. Since things had gone this far, he had no intention and no way to hide that either. He couldn't stop you from discovering it after all. Swallowing all the anxiety and bitterness, he stood up from the sofa, and answered casually and calmly, "Uh, it's kind of obvious, isn't it?"

Your heart still ached even though you had already been sure about that. "Why?" Was the only question you had for Leona.

"It's simple." Leona replied without even thinking followed by a slight shrug, "I want to win, and I have to make sure that I will win."

"What is the point in winning if it is not because of your own ability!?" You raised your voice when you heard Leona's simple answer. You couldn't believe that he was actually saying that.

"What I care about is the result. Other things are not important to me." He uttered, "Besides, using my brain and tactics can also be considered as my ability."

"How can you distort the fact as if you've done nothing wrong?!" You fumed, "Is winning that important to you?"

"Yes, it is!" Leona yelled a bit, "And you should understand that either. I thought you did." He still remembered the first time he played chess with you during the detention. The determination of winning in your eyes, he would not forget that, and that was why, for a second, Leona really thought you might be on his side.

"Not in this way! Not by cheating and hurting others!" You exclaimed, "Those players, they're innocent! You're injuring them to construct the way to your victory. Yet you think that's alright?!"

"As I said, I don't care." Leona uttered, "If you don't support that, just leave and ignore us. Do me a favour and pretend you don't know anything about this."

You glared at the person in front of you with unbelieving eyes, "You're hurting my friends and yet you tell me to ignore that? Leona Kingscholar, are you out of your mind!?"

Not getting any reply, you continued, "You know what is the most ironic part? It's the fact that you're giving all those dirty works to Ruggie-senpai and other housemates, while you're sitting peacefully behind the curtain and giving orders."

Leona held a fist and grit his teeth out of frustration, for the way you yelled at him, and for the fact that you didn't even try to understand him for a bit.

"And what exactly are you planning to do to Malleus? That potion, and the change in player procession. What do you want to do?" You questioned while trying your best to suppress the pains in your heart.

Leona paused when he heard your question. A feeling of hollowness gushed in his chest, followed by a sneer appearing on his face. "Ha, so that's the reason for all those anger, huh? Malleus?" He let out a laugh, "Why of course! How would I not know about that?"

You were confused about what he said. "What do you mean by that? Of course, I care about him, he is my-"

"So you admit that, huh?" Leona asked.

"Admit what?!"

"Admit the fact that you like that fucking lizard bastard!" Leona gushed.

Leona's words made you even more confused. Why would he all of a sudden come to such a conclusion? "What are you talking about? We are not even talking about that-"

"You don't wanna talk about that, hah? Fine! Let's talk about the tournament." Leona blustered. He had been suppressing the frustration and that was the last straw.

"Yes, I am the one planning all of these. I told Ruggie to use his unique magic to cause those accidents. I incited the whole Savanaclaw to be involved in this. I've planned to injure your dearest Malleus Draconia by controlling the audience that day in the tournament, so he would be stepped on and get injured. So what? What's wrong with fighting for what I want? It's just some little tricks and anyone would do that if they're smart enough." Leona fumed nonstop and didn't give you any chance to retort.

"You have no idea what we had been through in the past two years. We can't lose again. As long as I can win, as long as I can beat Malleus, nothing else matters." He told.

You were a bit startled by Leona's gushing words, but you tried to answer him as calmly as you could. "I understand you want to win so badly, and that Savanaclaw has been eliminated in the first round for two years, but-"

"For the sake of the Great Seven stop pretending that you understand how I feel, because you don't! How would you not understand my choice if you really did know how I feel!?" Leona growled at you before you could finish the sentence, "And don't you put any of your stupid expectations on me, because for god sake, this is who I am, and I will NEVER, EVER, meet those expectations!"

You paused and looked at him.

Getting no response from you, Leona continued the fuming with a provoking smirk, "Let me guess, you're recording our conversation again, huh? You'll send it to your detective friends from Heartslabyul and tell everyone in the school about this, right?! Well, go for it! TRY IT!" He yelled.

You're still looking at him with the same emotion on your face.

"You know what? I start to understand why your father never allows you to help with his business. It probably has nothing to deal with the fact that you're a girl or that you're an illegitimate child, but because of your cowardice and lack of capability!" Leona bellowed without saving any strength.

Your eyes widened when you heard what Leona had just said, about you and your father. You didn't expect, and couldn't believe that Leona had shouted those things at you. You felt your heart sink and hollowness was the only thing left in your chest.

Seeing the change of emotions on your face, Leona seemed to also realize that he had gone too far by talking about the issues in your family. Here came his bad habits again, saying things that he knew damn well that they weren't true just to irritate the others when he was furious.

He knew that, but for the sake of his stupid dignity, he kept his mouth shut when it came to an apology, and there was no way he could take them back.

"I never think of telling anyone anything about our conversation here today." You muttered after seconds of silence.

Leona looked at you with his heartbeat rushing that he could hear that. He knew he shouldn't have said those things.

"I ask you to come here because I want to hear your reasons behind it before Riddle-kun and the others find out that you're the culprit, because I want to believe that you didn't do that out of pure selfishness and evilness." You said.

"I want to give myself a reason to forgive your acts even though I have ironclad proof in my hand!" You unconsciously raised your voice.

Startle was written on Leona's face when he heard that. You're not here just to judge him...?

"I..." he mumbled, but before he could form a sentence, he was cut off by your weak wry laughter.

"Hahaha... HAHAHAHA!" You laughed, but clearly, that wasn't out of happiness or anything positive.

"Ah, silly me. Why would I ever think that I have the ability to persuade you or do whatever thing to change you?" You teased yourself, "After all, I'm just a pawn on the chessboard of the great Leona Kingscholar-sama which can be thrown away anytime once I become boring and useless." You had been trying to not talk about this issue, not only because you didn't want the thing between you and Leona to distract you from questioning him about the accidents, but also because it was too painful to recall.

Leona stopped in shock when he heard that. You weren't supposed to hear that, unless... "You're there... in Mostro Lounge that day...?" He asked with a slightly shaking voice.

You sneered, and looked up at him, "If not, why would I know anything about your plan for Malleus?"

No, please no.

"I'm just an entertainment tool that kills time, am I right? I'm just a stupid magicless herbivore. How would I be able to understand the great mindset of Leona Kingscholar?" You didn't stop the self-mocking. "Am I right, Kingscholar?"

Leona didn't know how he should explain the fact that he said those words just to trick Azul, and to make him believe that you had nothing to do with this plan of Savanaclaw, or with him, as you're a regular visitor to his dorm, and if Azul had any sick plan in which he might frame you up for whatever sick reason he had, it wasn't difficult for that Octo-punk at all. The best way was to make Azul believe that nothing was real between you two. Even if he was not 100% sure about it, he would not drag you into the Savanaclaw issue on impulse. So if unfortunately, anything bad happened to him or Savanaclaw, you wouldn't be involved. Considering what a cold-blooded and cunning person Azul was, saying those cruel words about you could persuade him the most, although he always emphasized that he was as generous as the Sea Witch.

But he never thought that you would be there, and what's worse, you heard every one of those cold-hearted words spoken by him.

"Well, I can't blame you for saying that, right? After all, we're not, like, having any kinds of special relationships. We're nothing more than schoolmates." You let out a wry smile and said, although it was hurtful to yourself as much as you wanted it to sound.

Leona slowly turned to you with despair filling his eyes. He could physically feel his heart wrench for a moment. People aren't lying when they said they feel like their heart is torn apart.

Ah, right, this is what should happen. Leona thought to himself. He should've already gotten used to that. He's the kind of person that would end up with no one. He had known it since he was small, hadn't he? It's a routine. Anyone besides him, or anyone he wished would stay, would leave him before the ending came. There's no exception in Sunset Savanna, and there shouldn't be any exceptions in Night Raven College. To be honest, he should be glad that you've stayed long enough that it made him think that, even just a moment, it could actually last forever. You should have left him long ago, and now everything makes sense.

Perhaps it was developed through his life, or maybe it's just Leona's nature that he didn't like to explain, because nobody would listen to that. If the explanations would not make anyone believe him, why explain? He had gotten used to saying cruel things to others, but at the same time persuading himself that he didn't care, so things wouldn't be that painful.

Perhaps it's better now, Leona told himself. He didn't need to worry about you knowing his dark side, and that he would hurt you, because you didn't care anymore.

"Ah, you're right." Leona turned around with his back facing you and voiced again, and that "right" caused your heart to sink even deeper.

"We're not in any fucking kind of special relationships," Leona uttered, "so let's end whatever the hell we are right here. It's not important to you or me after all."

You stopped, totally frozen, before you felt tears streaming down your face from your eyes. You didn't care how heavy the rain was and ran out of the house without leaving anything. You banged the door, leaving Leona in the empty lounge.

Leona didn't turn to you even until the very last moment. He didn't want you to see the expression on his face, and he didn't want to see you in tears, while he was the reason for that.

Leona wiped something off his eyes with a finger. It became sand and disappeared in the air.

——

It was almost 11 pm. You dragged your heavy body with wet clothes and wet hair and opened the door of Ramshackle Dorm. You had already messaged Ace that Grim would be staying in Heartslabyul tonight, so you could be alone.

You walked into the lounge, while water dripped down on the floor wherever you had passed. Of course, it was all quiet and no one was there.

"So let's end whatever the hell we are right here."

Leona's cold voice popped up in your head the second you stepped into the lounge. The next moment, you couldn't help anymore and fell on the floor, crying messily and loudly that your voice almost cracked and you didn't care if the ghosts in the dorm could hear that or not anymore, as you couldn't control that either.

——

The morning had come, with the sun slowly rising. You almost hadn't slept last night, or maybe you did, but the quality was as bad as you didn't have any. You just couldn't close your eyes without thinking of Leona.

But having lessons was still necessary.

Ace texted you to meet up at the cafeteria for breakfast as usual. You tried your best to act normal, so that they wouldn't notice anything about you.

"Morning Y/n! Did you- Oh shi- what's with those panda eyes?!" Ace gasped when he finally saw you.

You faked a weak smile and said you were fine, before you walked faster to find seats, so you could avoid answering anything.

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention-" You immediately apologized when you accidentally bumped into someone on your way, as you were almost looking at the floor, but you stopped when you found that it was Leona who you had bumped into.

You instinctively looked away before fastening your pace and walking away as fast as you could. You didn't want to stay there for another second, and so as Leona. He just walked away without saying anything, as if he couldn't see you.

However, everyone saw that clearly.

"Ace, why aren't they talking with each other? Isn't Leona going to have breakfast with us?" Grim asked, but Ace immediately put a finger in front of his lips to signal the kitten to lower his voice.

"Shhh...! It's obvious that something happened between them." Deuce guessed. Even he could sense that something was wrong.

"I'd say it's not just something, but something serious." Ace said. He could tell that just by looking at your eyes when you saw Leona.

——

"Does anyone know where is your upperclassman, aka Leona Kingscholar?" Crewel asked before the potionology lesson started. It's rare for Leona to be late when it came to the classes of 1A, if not never.

"Y/n, you know where your friend is?" Getting no response, Crewel turned to you, who was the most familiar with Leona in the class.

You buried your chin in your arms folded on the desk and shook your head before looking away. "No, sensei, I don't." You replied simply.

I don't know him. Perhaps, I never did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 261 16
-- โ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž๐ข๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ฌ โž -- (/ษ™๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆษช๐˜ณ๐˜ฐสŠหˆ๐˜ฏษ”ห๐˜ตษช๐˜ฌ๐˜ด/) ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ...
4.4K 121 28
(Black Butler x Twisted Wonderland) After avoiding being expelled, Ciel is now a student in Night Raven College with his magic companion, Grim. Now h...
3.1K 86 16
You were in your room, just relaxing until your mirror starts to glow. All of a sudden, you wake up to find yourself in a completely unfamiliar plac...