DESPITE EVERYTHING

"See you later, Y/n! Have fun with Leona-senpai!" Ace waved at you while teasing as he walked toward the other street with his friends.

You would sometimes come to the town with your friends during the weekend, and you could tell that the street was quieter than it usually was due to the nighttime. Most shops had closed, except for the 24-hour convenience store, a few kiosks, and the hawker carts.

Wandering down the street, Leona saw a kiosk selling cotton candy and asked if you wanted one. You seldom ate that and the candy's appearance did attract you, so you two went to buy one.

"May I take a photo of you two holding the candy? We take photos for customers and stick them on this wall to record the smile on their faces." the storeowner asked while pointing at the wall on his right. You could see many photos being stuck there with decorating stickers.

You turned to Leona to ask if he minded that, and he gave you a slight shrug, indicating that he was fine with that.

You and Leona hold the giant pastel cotton candy in front of a tree with light decorations hanging on it.

"It would be great if you two stood a bit closer to each other." the shopowner suggested, as the camera could not capture both of you at the same time right now.

Hearing that, Leona put an arm on your shoulder and pulled you a bit closer to him, which made your heart beat a bit faster when your arm bumped into his.

"Perfect." The shopowner gave you two a thumbs up, "Such a cute couple. You young people always remind me about the days when me and my wife were young."

"We're-" You were about to clarify the relationship between you and Leona, but your voice was covered by Leona's.

"Thank you." he uttered.

Why wasn't he denying that...? A question popped up in your mind, but just when you were still wondering, you heard the shopowner's "Three, two, one.", and immediately looked at the camera with a smile.

"Cheese!"

"Thank you so much. See you next time!" the shopowner waved at you two when you walked away from his shop.

Leona looked at the photo the owner gave him and let out a tiny laugh.

"What are you laughing at?" you asked while leaning a bit closer to take a look at it. The photo Leona was holding was different from the one stuck on the kiosk's wall. In this one, the moment when you and Leona were looking at each other was captured.

"You look a bit silly in this one, not gonna lie." Leona teased a bit. In the photo, he was looking at you with a tiny smile, while you were looking up at him with your eyes slightly widened and pink cheeks. It was the moment when you were startled by Leona's sudden pull.

You rolled your eyes at his mocking and took a bit of the cotton candy to calm yourself. It's your favourite strawberry flavour.

Leona secretly peeped at you while walking and noticed that you were slightly pouting. He could not help but widen the tiny smile he was having.

"Well, silly doesn't have to be negative all the time." he said. You turned to him with skeptical eyes.

Seeing that, Leona decided to you an example. "What do you think about Cheka?" he asked.

You thought about the little lion for a second before you answered, "Adorable?"

"Bingo." Leona snapped his finger, "I'd call him silly, but in fact, you and I are talking the same thing."

The confusion on your face did not fade, "What kind of complicated thing you're talking about-" Wait.

He said I saying Cheka is adorable is the same as he saying Cheka is silly, so according to Leona's logic, silly equals adorable.