Eclipsed (Demon Slayer)

By WhyMinnie

Ashaya Akari, one lost soul, left to die from a demon attack nearly turned her to a full demon, with partial... More

Day one
strength
final
formula of
evolve
awareness
bloody
wounds and all
corps rules
trial
rehabilitation
strength
2. Mugen
Flame Hashira
dream
upper
sudden
3. flashy
entertainment district
who are you
upper six
finding the source
gathering
defeat
something new
The great sleepover
the great sleepover pt.2
The Swordsmith Village

defiance

342 10 6
By WhyMinnie

Ping! I fall on my back, my vision comes back and I see the Demon on the sidewall above me. What is with this house?! Blood drips down the side of my head, damn. I take out my sword and stabbed it into the floor, ping ping, but I held onto my hand, I land on my feet. The demon creeps it way across the ceiling, I pulled my blade out and as the ping happens I flip up and into the wall, into the demon.

He yells out. "Despicable! Despicable!"

He tears himself in half off my blade and grows longer.

"This smell!" I looked back at the other half of him, it now has a face!! I scoot back wards as he comes at me.

"You smell! You smell!" They say. I kicked it's face so hard it flies back into the other wall. Ping, ping, I fall forward and into the other wall, slicing my leg open.

The big one laughs as it comes at me, my blood is coming out profusely. I held onto it, as blood seeped through my fingers.

"Damn me." I grunted. I stand back up, I need another ping, I can jump off the left wall and- I rolled forward as a boulder like this hits the floor. I looked up and see that it has a tail now!

I laughed nervously. "This day just keeps getting better and better."

I tread slowly, as the ping rings through my ears, I hoped one foot off the left wall. Snow breathing, third form: snow drop. I bring my blade up and down through his neck, landing on my feet, hurting my leg in the process.

Just one more Akari, come on. I need to use my demon strength if I want to win. Wait- how did I get my sword during my last battle? It floated to me? Or...

I looked at my hands, could I have powers? I looked at the demon crawling at me at full speed. I put my hands out and closed my eyes, but nothing happens. Ping, ping. I didn't move neither. My eyes open to my feet still on the floor, but I'm upside down, the Demon on the floor below me.

"What the-" the demon climbs back up the wall, swinging it's tail as I on all sides of the wall building momentum, my blade by my side. Snow breathing: first form, Flurry. A shing rings around as the air grows cold, I opened my eyes as he ashes away. I sighed deeply as I looked down at my thigh, bleeding slowed. Now, I have to find my 'Companions' and get the hell out of this house.

I opened the door and it pings again, I fall backwards but didn't hit anything for a good 10 seconds before I stabbed my blade into the wall, it stopped and I jumped down onto the floor, I think this is close to the front door. I leaned against the wall for support, this fight has really taken it out of me. Two battles in two days, four foes.

"Akari?" Tanjiro says from behind me.

I breath as I turn around and waved.

"You're okay, thank God. You're bleeding?"

"It's okay." I say acknowledging that he has two kids with him. "Let's just leave, please."

He nodded as the little girl took my hand, but I stopped. It's fresh blood, I looked to Tanjiro and he smelled it too.

"What is it, Ms. Akari?" Asked the little girl.

"Nothing. Let's hurry." I run to the door. The bright sun blinds me and burns my skin a little. As my eyes adjusted, I see a strong, muscular man in a boar head kicking Zenitsu, who is holding the box Tanjiro had.

"Movie it! Draw your sword and fight me! You spineless punk!" He says.

"Tanjiro..." Zenitsu says weakly, his freshly bruised eye and blood from his nose. " I protected it. Because you said this was more important to you than your life."

I knew there was one in the box when he put it down but it doesn't smell like a regular one. As to why he's carrying one...

"You won't even draw your sword, You dumbass? If your a fellow demon slayer, then let's see you fight! If you're not going to fight get the hell out of my way!"

The fresh blood...I swallowed.... Zenitsu. I ran forward and slammed my fist into his face/mask, he flies backwards. He grunted as he stood up, Tanjiro shouted as he ran past me, slamming his fist into his gut so hard, I heard his ribs crack. He flies back again, his strength is impressive!

"He broke his bones!" Zenitsu shouted.

"Aren't you a member of the demon slayer corps?" Asked Tanjiro. "Don't you get why Zenitsu refused to draw his sword? Because it's taboo for us to draw our swords on each other for no reason. But here you are giving him a one sided beat down! Is that fun for you? You're the lowest of the low!"

The muscular man coughs, but that cough turns into a laugh.

"Oh, so that's why? My bad." He lifts his head up. "In that case, let's fight barehanded."

"No! I don't think you get it at all!" Tanjiro says nervously.

"Do you not know how to use your fist?" I asked with all seriousness as I see the man running this way and moved out of the way

"We're not supposed to fight each other period!" He says as the man takes somes swings at him and misses. "Fighting barehanded doesn't make it right, Akari!  Listen!"

The man uses some type of martial arts, Tanjiro doesn't really know to fight but he can evade. Tanjiro finally makes a hit but gets sucker punched, I face palm. I should teach him how to use hand to hand combat, I know three different types.

"Use your head!" I call out. "Or I have to interfere!"

"No!" He grunted. "Stay there!"

I sighed, this guys fighting is similar to that of a boar...if the boar had arms and legs. The smell of blood hits my nose and I covered my nose again.

"Pretty amazing, aren't I? Pretty amazing, aren't I?? And look what else I can do!" He says leaning back so his head goes through his legs, as he held onto his ankle.

"Oh!" I said moving like him. "Like this?"

He laughs, I can top his. I moved my legs to a split position and he huffed as he copy's me.

"Cut it out! Don't do stuff like that! Knock it off when you've got broken bones! It's gonna get worse!"

"Worse? Fine by me!" He gets back up to fight.

I put my legs down and lay on my belly, shaking my head.

"You need to think hard about the future!" Tanjiro tells him.

"What do I care?"

Tanjiro grabs him by his shoulders. "You need to...calm down!"

He slams his head into the man's and I sit up surprised, he literally used his head...why is his head made of brick's? I clapped my hands.

"That sound? Are your skulls fractured?" Asked Zenitsu.

The man stumbled backwards, I just know his head is throbbing. His mask falls off as he held his face, revealing black, shoulder length hair with blue tips. Then I see the face..

"Huh? A girl? Huh? Your face!" Zenitsu screamed as I covered my ears.

He opens his green eyes with most luxurious lashes. "What? You've got a problem with my face or something?"

"You're one creepy guy, you know that? You've got such a ripped body, but there's a girl's face sitting right in top of it."

"We don't judge..." I say not taking my eyes off his adorable face.

"Why the hell are you staring at my face like that?" He asked.

Zenitsu got up and ran behind the little girl. "I'm not! I'm not looking at your face!"

"I am." I say.

"We don't have a problem with your face! It's quite petite, fair-skinned, and therefore attractive!" Tanjiro says and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You're a corpse! Come at me!"

"Not happening! I'm not gonna attack you anymore!

"Try headbutting me one more time!"

"Nope, I'm done!"

What the hell ..

"Hey, big forehead. Let me tell you my name. It's Hashibira Inosuke! Don't you forget it!"

"What character's do you use to spell that?"

"Spell? Spell...I don't know how to read or write!  That name is written on my loincloth--" he freezes up.

"Are you okay?" I put my hands up as he fell backs onto the ground, foaming at the mouth. "You killed him..."

"I-is he really dead??" Asked Zenitsu.

"He's not dead. It's probably just a concussion. Because I headbutted the hell out of him." He says as I stood up.

"Are you okay, Tanjiro?" Asked the little girl.

"Yeah."

"Amazing! Can I touch your head?"

"Here." He says leaning down.

"Me next!" I say as he turned his head to me. I touched his head with both my hands, and knocked on it too. He doesn't have any wound or bruising, this is so cool.

"Are you done?" Tanjiro chuckled.

"Can you headbutt me too?"

"No. No" he smiled waving his hands. "It's dangerous-"

I slammed my head into his and felt it prick my entire body...

"Akari!" Tanjiro grabs my arms before I fell.

"Akari, my love, are you okay??' Zenitsu cries.

"What a head rush." I shook my head. "I'm okay."

I thank Tanjiro and walked over to Inosuke, cleaning the blood off of his forehead and the foam from his mouth. Should be just a mild concussion.

"Here." Tanjiro hands me his haori. "For his head."

I fixed his head and Zenitsu puts his on top of him. After a few minutes, I sit see Tanjiro digging a grave for the deceased. I can't be near the body. When he asked about it, I just said it made me emotional.

"Ahhh!" Makes he jump as I turned to see Inosuke jump up and ran towards us.

"Ah! He's awake!" Zenitsu yells as he started running.

"Fight me! Fight me!" He chased him.

"This is how he wakes up?"

"Hey, you!" He stops when he hides behind me. I sighed and patted his head.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" He asked.

"It's a burial." Tanjiro answered.

"Huh?"

"You help out, too, Inosuke. There are still people who were killed inside the house."

"What's the point of burying the corpses of creatures? I'm not doing that! I'm not helping out! Forget that! Fight me!"

Why does he always want to fight someone? Zenitsu tightened his grip as I try to shake him off, I huffed.

"I see. You can't do it because your wounds are hurting you."

These two are just... it's kinda cute.

"It's okay, after all, we all have a different pain threshold." Tanjiro assured him. "Moving everyone who died outside that house, they burying them by covering them with dirt is a lot of work. Zenitsu, Akari, and these kids and I will do our best, so don't worry! You should get some rest, Inosuke. Sorry to ask too much off you."

I feel like he's being genuine and that's sweet and all but Inosuke is not having it, I can see his veins popping out from here. But maybe that'll get him going.

"Don't underestimate me, dammit!" He shouted. "I'll bury a hundred, no, two hundred of your corpses? Just watch! I'm going to bury more than any of you!"

After an hour, we were finally finished and since I couldn't be around the bodies, I opted to dig the holes...bad decision. I stood up after praying and walked away to stretch, then I hear Inosuke shouting as he ran into a tree. I turned my head as he continues to bump his head.

I looked around for an explanation but couldn't find one. Then the crow returns not mine though, wherever he went, he always tells me has business elsewhere.

"Descend the mountain!"

"That's a talking crow." The kids say.

"All right! Follow me! Follow yours truly!"

Everyone grabs their things and started following the grow, I wonder where we are heading now.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Asked Inosuke.

"We're descending the mountain." Tanjiro tells him.

"We're not done with our battle yet!"

"You're tired, aren't you? Come on, we're heading down."

He exclaimed. "I'm not tired!"

"Come on." I patted my leg and he came running.

"Let's fight!"

I think he just needs to be trained, I trained my dog very well..what do I use for treats though?

"I won't have it! I won't have it!" Zenitsu let's out as he held onto the child. "You can't go Shoichi! Shoichi you're powerful! Shoichi is the one who's gonna protect me!"

I looked up and down at Zenitsu, then to the thudding behind me, which was Inosuke hitting trees again. How did I get here? Why am I here?

"Can't you see Shoichi doesn't want to stay?" Tanjiro grabs him by his haori.

"Please don't leave me behind!" He says.

"Akari, Help!" Tanjiro says.

"Okay." I pressed onto his pressure point and he falls to the ground. How did he get here is the better question.

"Open your hands." The crow says to Shoichi, and throws up a small purple bag. "That will ward off Demons. You will marechi, keep that on your person."

"Smells like wisteria." Tanjiro says.

"Wisteria?"

I nodded. "It's a flower that Demons can't abide. Keep it with you."

"Demon repellent." The crow says.

"We're truly grateful!" The kids say. "We can get home on our own."

"Take care now." We waved as Inosuke rammed another tree.

"Now then, follow me! Follow yours truly."

Do I have to? Am I stuck with them? Am overly nice boy with a head made of cement? A screamer? And a boar that doesn't know how to read or write?

"Fight me! I swear I'm gonna find a weak point and bring you down loser!" He tells him.

"My name is not loser! It's Kamado Tanjiro!"

"Kamaboko Gonpachiro! I'm gonna bring you down!"

"Guys..." I rubbed my temples.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"That would be you!"

"Guys, please!'" I beg.

"No, it's someone else!"

"Can you talk any louder?? Akari is suffering because of you!"

~

"A wisteria family crest." I say looking at the door.

"Rest time! Rest time!" He caws. "Since you've sustained injuries, you're to rest until you are fully recovered."

My body was ready to give out any second, I was grateful.

"You sure it's okay to rest?" Asked Tanjiro. "I fought a demon while injured you know."

"Ke-ke-ke"

I blinked.

"Ke-ke-ke?" He echoed confused.

"Let's eat this thing." Inosuke says.

"What?"

The door opens to a little old lady. "Yes?"

"Sorry to bother you so late at night." I bowed.

"A monster! It's a monster!" Zenitsu trembles.

"Stop!" I tell him.

"Who the hell are you?" Inosuke walks up to her.

"I see you're a Demon hunter." She says sweetly.

"You look pretty weak." He pokes at her hair.

"Hey!" Tanjiro tells at him.

"Come in." She says as we followed her.

"That old lady sure walks fast." Zenitsu says.

"Shh." I shoosh him as he held onto my haori.

"This is where you'll be staying." She says sliding a door to reveal four placemats and clothes.

"A change of clothes. And here is your meal."

My face drops. We're... sharing a room...
After I got changed, I looked at my eyes in the mirror to find they have gone back to it's normal color. I guess in the sunlight they reflect yellow. Walking back into the room was probably a mistake on my part as I stood beside Inosuke.

"She has to be a monster, Tanjiro! That old Lady's a monster!" Zenitsu shouted. "She's quick, it's eerie! She's a monster! She's a-"

Tanjiro whacks him and I sighed as I took a whiff of the food she prepared. Sitting on my knees I break off my chopsticks, before I could pick up anything Inosuke shoves food into his mouth viscously.

"Use your chopsticks." Zenitsu tells him as I slowly take a bite. He chuckled as he took another bite, he then reached for my plate and took a shrimp. My mouth parted.

"My shrimp." I frown.

"Take mine!" Zenitsu presents his to me and I humbly accept.

"If you're that hungry, you can have this too." Tanjiro lifted his bowl of vegetables.

He screams and says no.

~

"Your bedding." Says the old woman.

"There she is! The monster hag-" Tanjiro punches him again.

Inosuke slides onto a bedding, with his legs spread and I covered my eyes, I was nearly blinded from what I saw!

"First come, first serve! I'm taking this one!" He says.

"That's fine. Sleep wherever you want." Tanjiro smiled, I can't get over how sweet he is. "Where do you want to sleep, Akari?"

"Close to the door, so I can escape if needed." I say as Inosuke threw his pillow at Zenitsu. Damn.

"Here is the doctor." The lady says from the door...maybe she is monster. I kneel down down and the boys followed me, the doctor leans down and asked me to open my rope to check my heartbeat.

I looked at the guys and they immediately turn their heads as if they weren't already looking. I opened up quickly and he puts the stethoscope on me.

"Your heartbeat is really fast. Must be just nerves." He says moving on.

No, it's just me being half demon. How am I going to tell this to 'friends' I just met?

"Yes. Severe." The doctor says.
~

I blinked up at the ceiling, it's quiet now since we decided to rest. It's been tiring day after day fighting.

"Who would have guessed that three of us had broken ribs? Akari only got a cut on her leg, she was lucky." Zenitsu says.

Zenitsu has 2 broken ribs, Tanjiro three and Inosuke four. I just healed fast, I really need to tell them.

"This knot hurts worse than my ribs." Inosuke says from my left.

"Sorry." Tanjiro says.

"Hey, you'd better apologize." Zenitsu says to Inosuke. "It really hurt you know. Getting pounded to a pulp like that. Apologize."

"We should all apologize." I say.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." Tanjiro says to me.

"Apologize." Zenitsu commands.

"I'll pass." Inosuke says.

"Say you're sorry!"

"I'll pass!"

"Just say you're sorry!" Tanjiro chimes in.

"There's really no need for this." I mumbled.

Tanjiro sighed deeply, shaking his head.

"If you're gonna be like that. We're not eating with you anymore. Especially Akari." Zenitsu tells him.

"Why am I being brought into this..."

"Huh? What's up with that? You can't claim her."

"Meals taste better when you eat together, you know, we're getting married."

"He's right you know, besides the marriage part." Tanjiro confirmed.

"Did you guys hurt your heads or something?"

"Who are you to talk?" Zenitsu lifted his head angrily.

"Is there something I can help you with?" The old woman called from the hall.

"Monster!" He screams and I try to put my pillow over his face.

~

"Just how great is the Demon slayer corps?" Asked Inosuke.

"Inosuke." I turned over to face him. "Why did you join the corps?"

He looks at me. "Huh?"

"You had a reason, right?"

"A member of the demon slayer corps barged in on me on my mountain, so we competed to see who was stronger and I seized his sword. "

"...wow.."

"And then, I heard there was something called the 'Final Selection' and the fact that demons do exist."

"So that's why you joined the Demon slayers Corp?" Asked Tanjiro. "And hey, so you and I grew up in the mountains, huh?"

"Don't lump me in with you! I don't have any parents or siblings! Testing my strength against other living creatures, is my only pleasure." He says putting on his boar head.

"I grew up in the mountains too." I say to Tanjiro.

"See, I knew we had something in common. Right Inosuke?"

"She has something in common with me not you!" He says.

"Right..."

Zenitsu sits up and looks at the wall, I sit up a little. "Tanjiro, no one else is asking. So I'm gonna ask my myself. Why are you traveling with a Demon?"

I forgot about that. I sat up as well, then Tanjiro. Inosuke didn't but I know he's listening.

"Zenitsu. You knew about that and protected the box, huh? You really are a great guy, you know that? Thanks."

Zenitsu blushes uncontrollably and started rolling around like a girl. "You really shouldn't heap so much praise on me."

"I've got a keen sense of smell. I knew it from the start. How kind you are Zenitsu."

Does that mean he can smell me? That I don't smell normal?

"And how strong you are."

"No, I'm not strong. Don't give me that. I haven't forgiven you for stopping me from bringing Shoichi along. I forgive Akari but not you."

Tanjiro's box from the corner rattles and Zenitsu hops up and picks me up to protect him. "It's trying to come out! It's trying to come out!"

"It's all right." He assured him.

"How can it be alright? Huh? Huh?" He started to freak out.

"It's the middle of the night, Zenitsu." I let out a sigh.

The door partially opens and he screams, pulling my hair in the process, I yelped. "Oh, my gosh! It's not even locked! P-p-protect me!"

I get my hair back from his grip and shove him in the floor.

"Someone protect me please! Even Inosuke!"

"Stay away from me!" He growls kicking him in the face, he flies over to the box. The door fully opens.

"It's out!" He screams and opens the closet. "I gotta hide! I'm so scared!"

I turned back to the box to see a tiny girl, with a bamboo piece in her mouth. She didn't look deadly at all, quite the opposite. She was adorable.

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro says happily. She stands up and then grows, I cover my mouth in shock as she's about my height now.

"Akari, Zenitsu, Nezuko's my-"

"Tanjiro... listen to me." Zenitsu says as he had this dark aura around him. "listen to me. Just who do you think you are? So you've been traveling with a girl this cute? With a girl this cute in tow, day after day, you've been traveling. And you've been on cloud nine this whole time, Huh?"

"Z-zenitsu, it's not like--"

"Give me back all the blood I shed! I-- listen I--- I didn't give it my all so you could just spend time in la-la land, making out with a girl! That's not why I got pummeled and kicked by that weird wild boar, right?"

"I'm trapped here." I mumbled.

"Zenitsu, calm down! What's gotten into you all the sudden??" Asked Tanjiro.

"Demon slayer corps is not something you join for fun!! Guys like you gotta be purged immediately!"

"Purged..." I blinked as Nezuko smiles with her eyes.

"Come to think of it, there's also the crime of thwarting my marriage with Akari and sending Shoichi home. Purged immediately! Don't ever underestimate the corps!" He pulls out his sword. He started chasing Tanjiro and yelling.

"You will get sent to hell!"

"Zenitsu!" I chased after him. "it's bed time, I will get a belt!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.3K 977 28
yokai (妖怪) n. ❥ a class of monsters, spirits and demons in Japanese folklore [ tomioka giyuu x fem!oc ] [ douma x fem!oc ] [ kibutsuji muzan x fem...
1.2K 29 22
The story of how Nezuko Kamado, a demon, became one of the strongest Hashira
890 51 11
❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐛𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐟𝐲𝐢𝐧�...
10.4K 324 23
Iguro Obanai, fierce warrior of the Water Clan has been entrusted with a mission that only his rank can accomplish. Fortunately or unfortunately, on...