The Snake's Reflection | Tom...

By DreamySBird

"You promised me that you wouldn't leave." "Tom...I never left." ~.+*+.~ Fate is Cruel. Truly. What if the da... More

~.+!!!+.~
~.+A New Year+.~
~.+Potions+.~
~.+Healing Bruises+.~
~.+Quill+.~
~.+Together at Night+.~
~.+Hogsmeade+.~
~.+The Chamber of Secrets+.~
~.+A Shy Request+.~
~.+The Mirror of Erised+.~
~.+The Yule Ball+.~
~.+My Wish+.~
~.+Dancing in the Rain+.~
~.+Fractured Promise+.~
~.+Into the Light+.~
~.+Cruel Fate+.~
~.+Fading Spirit+.~
~.+Missing You+.~
~.+I'll Wait+.~
~.+Reflection+.~
~.+Lost+.~
~.+Dandelion+.~
~.+Forever And A Day+.~

~.+First Date+.~

2.5K 79 49
By DreamySBird

~.+*+.~

"Harry Potter met He Who Must Not Be Named in the Chamber of Secrets?"

"According to Albus, yes. But I heard that they managed to destroy his diary."

"His diary...I see."

"If only someone could stop him."

"Are you talking about He Who Must Not Be Named?"

"Indeed, Horace."

"...If only Miss (L/N) knew of this situation."

"Who is Miss (L/N)? What is her first name?"

"Her name is (Y/N) (L/N). The two had an unbreakable relashionship. A romantic bond many envied at Hogwarts at the time."

"So as I hear it, Horace...Are you saying that He Who Must Not Be Named had a lover in his youth?"

"Yes, yes indeed. They were so happy together, and He Who Must Not Be Named treasured her greatly."

"Well? Where is she? Perhaps she can bring an end to the Dark Lord's era."

"That cannot happen."

"And why is that?"

"Miss (L/N) is the reason why He Who Must Not Be Named has started his reign of darkness in the first place."

"What happened to her?"

"I cannot answer that right now. But what I am curious about is...was there anything on the diary? Perhaps a keychain of some sort?"

"I didn't hear anything about a keychain. But why would you be curious about something like that?"

"...Old memories, that is all."

~+*+.~

"Tom!!" (Y/N)'s voice instantly summoned Tom to stand by her side. She handed him a rectangular object which made him tip his head in confusion.

"What is this?"

"It's a device that allows us to communicate with each other in the Muggle World without owls." she explained. "Press this button. If I answer your call, you can talk to me through this device."

"I see." he said.

Tom caught up with everything very quickly which was not very surprising because of his high intelligence. As (Y/N) handed him the phone, she saw something around his neck.

Around it, was the necklace she had gifted to him a few days before on his birthday. The keychain she given to him on Christmas was on his diary.
He had said that he would kill anyone who broke it which spooked (Y/N) out.

"Anyways..." (Y/N) hesitated a bit. "Want to go on a date with me?"

Tom's cheeks instantly heated up and he looked away, clearly flustered.
"Urm..I-I...O-Of course.." he stammered, his face red in embarrassment.

(Y/N) found this rather cute.

"Get ready 'till 1PM! I'll be waiting~" she purred. Tom nodded with his face still red, and went to change.

~.+After all Preparations+.~

Tom came downstairs and held her hand as they opened the door.
"Let's go!" (Y/N) exclaimed cheerfully, making Tom smile.

He looked so...happy. (Y/N) knew that Tom never smiled in front of others, so whenever he smiled at her, it made her feel special. She knew that he treasured her after all.

The two walked on the street, looking at various shops. It had New Years decorations, and (Y/N) personally thought that it was very beautiful.

"Look at that, Tom!" she said, pointing at some pretty ornaments. "Aren't they beautiful?"
Tom blinked and squeezed her hand.
"Not as beautiful as you." he said bluntly. (Y/N) rolled her eyes, smiling.

Cheesy Tom.

"Why don't we go to a...more peaceful place?" Tom suggested, clearly hating the fact that people were looking at his girlfriend. (Y/N) shrugged.

"Sure, why not?"
The two of them entered a cafe with an aesthetic atmosphere, and ordered a drink each and a small piece of cake.

As (Y/N) took a sip out of her drink, Tom watched her with fondness swimming in his usually emotionless eyes.
"When do you plan on opening the Chamber again?" (Y/N) asked abruptly. Tom thought for a brief moment.

"This June, perhaps." he said, looking unsure. "But if you do not want me to, I will obey."
He took her hand and kissed it softly.
(Y/N) giggled shyly, and held his hand.

They were truly happy together.

~.+*+.~

"Voldemort is my past, present, and future."

"That's what Tom Riddle said when you met him in the Chamber, Harry?"

"Yeah. It was creepy..but I wonder how he came up with the name in the first place. What do you think, Hermione?"

"I don't know. What I'm curious about is why he said that Voldemort was his past. I understand the present and future, but why the past?"

"Blimey I dunno. But bloody hell, I wonder what happened to Lockhart."

"You mean Professor Lockhart, Ron."

"Yeah, yeah whatever."

"I wonder if someone helped him come up with that name."

"Pff. Riddle probably doesn't have any true companions. Just mindless followers."

~.+*+.~

(Y/N) stirred a spoon in her drink and thought about something for a bit.
"Do you like your name?" she asked him, making him flinch.
Tom scowled. "No."

(Y/N) sighed. "I thought so. Why don't we make something else?"

"What do you mean?"
"I mean a new name, silly. Like...making a new name out of your original one."
Tom raised his eyebrow.
"That..doesn't sound too bad I suppose."

(Y/N) took the receipt and took a quill out of her pocket.
"Where did you get that-"

Tom Marvolo Riddle. (Y/N) wrote his full name on the paper, making him bite his lip. (Y/N) thought and rearranged the letters.

Liver Mold Doormat.
Tom frowned. "Excuse me?" he said, puzzled. (Y/N) scratched her head and tried again.

I am Lord Doltmover.
Tom shook his head. "The 'I am Lord' idea is nice, nonetheless." he said. (Y/N) thought again, and finally came up with a good one.

I am Lord Voldemort.
Tom finally looked satisfied. "That name sounds...interesting to say the least." he said, making (Y/N) grin.

"I know right? 'Liver Mold Doormat sounded weird." she chuckled. Tom laughed softly.
"So did 'I am Lord Doltmover'." he teased her, tracing his fingers on her wrist.

(Y/N) then looked at the cake and thought of doing to same thing she did on his birthday. Tom suddenly tensed and looked at her.

"Don't. You. Dare." he warned her, tightening his grip on her wrist. (Y/N) pouted and backed away from the cake.

Tom smirked triumphantly and took a piece of cake to his mouth. As he did this, (Y/N) leaned in from the other side of the table and kissed him gently, taking him off guard.

His face heated up, and he just looked at her in shock as she tasted the cake and pulled away.

"Mm. Tastes nice." she smiled cheekily.

Tom buried his red face into his hand, muttering something (Y/N) didn't quite catch.  "What did you say, Tom?" she asked him curiously. Tom shook his head.

"It was nothing." he muttered, his voice slightly shaking. Cute! He was obviously not used to love and affection. It was kind of sad, so (Y/N) swore to herself that she would shower it to him for the rest of her life.

"Oh? Is Lord Voldemort flustered?" she laughed, making him slightly smile. "Not at all." he answered, clearly lying.

(Y/N) looked at him, admiration and love dropping from her eyes. Tom met her eyes and finally revealed his less red face as he removed his hand from it. He then pulled her closer and kissed her on the cheek.

"You are truly beautiful." he smiled.
(Y/N) blushed. "You too, Tom."

He then fiddled with Salazar Slytherin's locket which was around her neck and opened the lid.

He ripped part of the paper she had used and borrowed her quill. He then scribbled something on it and showed it to her.

Promise that you will never leave me.

"Respond." he ordered. (Y/N) grabbed the quill and scribbled back.

I promise.

As she finished, Tom folded the paper they had written in, and put it in the locket and closed it.

"Our promise will be carried around with you forever." he said softly, looking into her eyes. "So please, do not break it."

(Y/N) nodded. "Why would I ever leave you?" she beamed, trying to brighten up the mood. "I love you."

Tom nodded and kissed her softly, making (Y/N) smile.

But promises cannot always be kept.

Pity.

~.+*+.~

(A/N):
Ooh~It's getting mysterious~

There may be some spelling mistakes since my keyboard was malfunctioning a lot today😅

Anyways, thank you guys for reading this!! I don't deserve this 😭 OMG thank you!!🤗💗

And btw, I may not be able to update as quickly as before for a few days!
I got exams💀 Wish me luck, and I will be back with another chapter soon!
Bye~

2023/4/24

1473 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.8K 42
COMPLETED 07/09/2021 The universe must have been playing a trick on her. There was no escaping the boy she despised - she was perpetually bounded to...
3K 238 10
Summary: part 1 In which Harry and Tom have a late night conversation. ‼️this story belongs to thecunningserpent (Panthere) on ao3‼️ Edit: this fic...
277K 6.6K 34
You know the story of Harry Potter. Or so you thought... What if the Prophecy was tampered with. It changed and left out the most crucial details: Th...
172K 6.2K 69
~ Year five ~ Warning: This is the fifth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...