OCEAN EYES | Draco Malfoy

By Freya_Arwen

'We're cousins', I shout out loud while storming through the empty hallway. 'Oh, stop saying that, Nessa', he... More

Characters
IMPORTANT
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1: Amortentia
Chapter 2: Divination class
Chapter 4: Secrets
Chapter 5: Let me tell you about your father
Chapter 6: Moods
Chapter 7: Guilt
Chapter 8: Different
Chapter 9: Twin Flame
Chapter 10: Words are poison
Chapter 11: Halloween party
Chapter 12: Invitation
Chapter 13: Kiss and consequences
Chapter 14: Detention
Chapter 15: Best friend
Chapter 16: Heat
Chapter 17: Just the two of us
Chapter 18: Hands off my girl
Chapter 19: Incident

Chapter 3: Confessions

353 5 0
By Freya_Arwen

Nessa Black

I didn't exchange a word with Draco since the fiasco at the staircase of the North Tower. I was too ashamed of my behavior. As much as I tried to justify my actions with Narcissa's request, I knew that there was part of me that wanted to know what was going on in Draco's mind and what he was doing almost every night outside of the dorms, that had nothing to do with the promise I made to his mother. I saw him walking through the hallways of Hogwarts after curfew while patrolling as a prefect, but I didn't follow him, nor I exposed him. I would never. 'Because I don't want more points being taken from Slytherin', I used to tell myself. At the same time, I knew there was something other than that, but I still didn't know what exactly.

I'm finishing the last lines of my Transfiguration essay (this time, for real) when I hear chattering from across the nearest shelves.

'Could you please talk outside of the library?', I sound so moody that I want to slap myself.

The frizzy head of Hermione Granger peeks out from the gap between two volumes of 'Guide to Advanced Transfiguration'.

'Sorry', she tells with an unpleasant look on her face.

'It's fine', I wave my hand and start proofreading my essay.

I hear someone sighing, followed by rapid and receding footsteps. It must have been Potter or Weasley Granger was talking to. It's a rare event to see her in the company of other people. Not that it was any of my business. The only competition I had with Hermione Granger was in the classroom.

A sudden noise makes me look away from the parchment, and I swear to myself that if it's again Granger or someone else from their annoying friend group I am going to start a fight. This week was more than draining.

I lift my head and see the charming smile of Theo.

'Oh, it's you', I state.

'Were you expecting someone else?', he lifts his brows.

'No', I shake my head and fold the parchment. Enough for today, I don't need more signs.

'Pansy and Bella told me you were here. They asked me to tell you that they are already preparing for tonight's party and are waiting for you to join.'

I stand up from the uncomfortable chair and get close to Theo.

'Thank you for coming. I nearly forgot there was a party tonight', I say as I pass by him.

'Make sure you are on time. Blaise has been preparing it for a week now. He will be playing his new playlists', Theo tells me as we exit the library.

'Sure', I nod.

Not gonna lie, I am not in the mood for partying. But I will force my presence because I don't want to sit in my dorm and sleep on a Friday night.

***

'Come on, Nessa. I'm sure the common room is already crowded. We should go before everyone's wasted, so that our outfits receive the proper attention and envy!', Pansy is freaking out, while I am putting on some silver snape-shaped earrings and glancing at my reflection in the mirror for the last time.

Bella's laugh echoes through the room, but it can't be loud enough to silence the background noise from the party in the common room.

'Calm down, Pansy. We always arrive with a slight delay and outshine the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor intruders, you know that', Bella lifts herself from the bed on the other side of the room and throws a glance at my reflection in the mirror.

'See? How could this go unnoticed?', Bella points at me with her slender little finger and I can't help but chuckle at her remark.

Tonight I am wearing my favorite short green silk dress, a pair of silvery heels, and appropriate jewelry. Pansy finished the look with flattering green eyeshadow to complement the color of my eyes.

I turn back to face the girls I share the dorm with.

Pansy is wearing a short black glittery dress. Her hair is sleek back and the silver eyeliner she is wearing makes her stare irresistible. Bella also looks stunning in her red crop top and black mini skirt.

I can't help but clap my hands in excitement.

'Let's go', I am the first to open the door of our dorm and head to the Slytherin common room.

The music suddenly gets louder and there are many scents in the air, which I cannot identify. I am surprised by the number of people this room manages to fit. There are certainly more people than the last time our house threw a party. It's obvious that we're already past the first month at Hogwarts. Everyone is fed up with all the studying and just wants to get wasted.

With a quick glance over the crowd, I recognize several people from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. There are even some girls from Gryffindor. The competition between the houses loses all meaning in the stifling atmosphere of the Slytherin dungeons where the light is dim, the alcohol is present and the discretion is secure.

'Girls, finally', a manly hand wraps around my shoulders.

'Nott, hands off my girl', Pansy attacks him instantly.

'Theo, does it bother you escorting me to my DJ boyfriend in the other part of the room?', Bella lifts her brows waiting for an answer.

'Of course, ma'am', Theo's hand leaves my shoulders and he accompanies Bella toward the stairs to the boys' dorm, which are currently transformed into a DJ platform.

'Well, babe, let's dance', Pansy drags me to the middle of the dance floor and our bodies start moving in sync with the crowd of teenagers.

***

Draco Malfoy

At first, I was determined to skip Blaise's Friday party, but then I thought to myself: I'm already drained to the edge. How could a Friday party possibly damage my state even more? I might even feel better after producing some dopamine and consuming a fair amount of firewhiskey.

It would be a nasty lie to say that I enjoy dancing. I prefer sitting somewhere in the corners of the room, drinking, and observing the hyped teenagers getting drunker and drunker throughout the night as I am doing right now.

I am comfortably resting on a green velvet couch in my black suit, sipping on firewhiskey and looking around the crowd, searching for familiar faces.

I had the company of Theodore before he got totally wasted and escaped to the dorms. He never came back, so he must have fallen asleep. I hope it was not on my bed, because I swear I will kick him out of it if he dared to. I don't care if he was high, drunk, or whatever.

Blaise and Rose are spending the whole night behind the DJ platform, kissing and laughing. Zabini has been head over heels for this petite blondie since second year and it was a matter of time for them to end up together. I was more than relieved when the news came in the middle of our fifth year at Hogwarts as I was tired of his late-night sobbing over Bella Dawson.

Someone sits on the other side of the couch and I turn my head right away to see who that could be.

'I'm sorry to disturb, I brought Pansy to our dorm as she almost fell asleep on my shoulders. Those legs need a break.'

Her cheeks are rosy, perhaps she is tipsy. Her hair is falling casually over her perfectly sculptured shoulders. The green dress she is wearing is complementing her body curves and looks exquisite on her. It would probably make the green around the iris of her eyes stand out, but it's too dark to tell.

Nessa rests her head on the backrest of the couch and her breathing slowly goes back to normal.

She suddenly lifts her head and our eyes meet as I have no time to look away.

'Are you staring at me?', she asks boldly. She must have drunk firewhiskey. Does she know that I'm on my third one?

'Yes', I simply reply.

She nods and giggles.

'Okay, I guess that's fine. We're cousins after all.'

Cousins. Her favorite word. She wouldn't miss an opportunity to mention it. I understand I am her only cousin she knows personally, but still. I am fed up with this label. Why is it so hot down in the dungeons? I might have consumed too much firewhiskey. Why am I so angry? Merlin's beard, I really must be going mad.

Nessa stretches her back and to my surprise, she comes closer, her body nearly touching mine.

I throw a suspicious glance at her and she startles.

'I just wanted to check something', she explains and tilts her head to face my neck. Her breath brushes over my skin and I feel goosebumps all over my body. She moves away too fast. Is it normal that I wish this lasted longer?

'Mhm', I manage to say before finishing the liquid from the glass in my left hand.

Then it meets my senses again. But Pansy is nowhere to be found.

Almond, jasmine, tuberose, and cocoa.

'Shawty had them apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur, the whole club was looking at her', Nessa starts singing and sways her body along the rhythm of the song. I decide it is safe to ask my question.

'Could I ask you something?', I try my luck.

She nods her head while still enjoying the song in the background.

'What is the perfume you are wearing today?'

I observe her face, but there is no sign of awkwardness or surprise. She even seems proud that someone asked her about the scent she is wearing.

'It's Carolina Herrera's Good Girl. I've been using it since my mom gave me one as a gift after I moved to the UK.'

Nessa suddenly faces me but continues moving her body. She must love that song. She is blinking faster than usual and talking with a wide smile.

'It has a jasmine hint. It's my mother's favorite scent. I would never switch it for another perfume because it reminds me of her. It is as if we're not separated and living in different countries.'

The soft smile on her face gives me the comfort I have not found anywhere else.

'I'm sorry', she suddenly says and her expression gets more serious.

'For?', I lift my brows in confusion.

'For eavesdropping in the North Tower. I didn't mean to be nosy', she bites her lip and I could see something sparkling in her eyes. Those must be tears.

'I was just worried about you', she adds and one tear finally rolls down her right cheek.

I can't stand seeing her sad. A ball of fire raises inside me and I want to punch whoever makes her feel this way. It's me this time. How do I punch myself? The next moment I am wrapping my hands around her shoulders and patting gently her head. What do I do? I feel so awkward. I have never had someone feel worried about me. Except for my mom. It's an unfamiliar feeling for me. It almost feels wrong for someone to care about me.

Nessa's hair smells exactly as my Amortentia, but I am too tired to be reflecting on this right now.

A sudden giggle pulls me out of my head.

'Your smell. I like it', Nessa says and start giggling again.

I move away in order to look at her face. Her cheeks are rosier than few minutes ago. She must be drunk.

'My smell?', I seek confirmation.

She nods slowly.

'Mhm', she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

'Mint, cologne, green apples and ocean.'

Sooo, that was the third chapter. What do you guys think?

Have an inspirational and lovely day <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

419 7 14
"Come on Draco! It's fun!" The young Smithstone exclaimed as she was running around in the pouring rain like a child, Malfoy chuckled at the scene as...
8.4M 236K 100
❛And do you know what's the stupidest thing about this?❜ said Draco and made an aggressive step towards me. ❛That after all this,❜ he grasped my fore...
76K 1.5K 23
'𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒏.' --- Elaine Weasley, the twin sister of Ginny Weasley and in Slytherin house. Join her on her journ...
12 0 4
A girl who was destined to become a Slytherin but who did not want to be. Pandora is from a powerful, well-known family full of Slytherin's. She goes...