Togetherness again ✅

By taekooker301

In life there are many things we wish for earnestly, but we don't end up gaining everything unless we are des... More

Prologue
One
Introduction
Two
Three
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Epilogue
New book
New book 2

Four

1.6K 105 4
By taekooker301

Min's Residence

"Hello kids!" Taehyung said chirpily as he entered the house. The house was finely decorated with colorful paper ribbons and balloons and looked warm and welcome. Jimin had lit some candles which made the house look homely, cozy and nice. The smiles on their faces brought a bigger one on Taehyung's face too.

"Happy Birthday kiddo", Taehyung wished Yoonmin and hugged him warmly. Jimin's son was always like his own and the kid was fond of this uncle too.

"Thank You uncle", Yoonmin thanked happily and soon ran away, grabbing the gift from Taehyung's hands.

"Go now yoon, have fun and don't be naughty!" Jimin warned before he shooed them away lovingly, letting them have some fun on their own.

Jimin moved to Busan from Daegu around 6 years back after his graduation and married Yoongi. Min Yoongi, Jimin's husband and Taehyung's well wisher. He is a caring and loving man in his mid thirties who loves his husband too much  though he doesn't show any of it Taehyung knows that he is a sweet man. They were in touch with Taehyung until Taehyung one day suddenly declared that he would fly to US immediately after he graduated from the business school.

But his return to Korea eventually brought back the long lost friends together to never be separated again. Taehyung would visit them often when he'd travel for work to Busan.

"Thanks for coming taehyung", jimin said.

"When did you start being so courteous huh?" Taehyung chided.

"Oh..Just today! And It's only when I get a little emotional on seeing you."

Taehyung tightly hugged Jimin, he had missed his soulmate too much.

"Chim where is Yoongi hyung?"

"Yoongi will be back in a while. He had to rush one of his colleague's mother to the hospital." Jimin said.

"Oh! Hope nothing serious?", Taehyung inquired. "No, nothing he just called sometime back and said he is on his way back", Jimin continued while he sat besides Taehyung on the couch.

Moments passed by and Taehyung sat quietly for a while when suddenly Jimin asked worriedly, "How long are you going to stay this way taetae?"

Taehyung looked up with empty eyes in response.

He sighed in slight frustration due to helplessness. "You need to move on... I don't understand how can such a powerful man like you be so weak and so...so vulnerable?"

Yet again Taehyung remained silent. He sat on the edge of the couch slightly leaning forward with both his arms resting on his knees as he listened to Jimin silently. He was half listening to him as Jungkook's sudden appearance after so many years and his thoughts occupied his mind.

There was so much going on within him, despite being a man with mighty powers that people only covet for, he felt suddenly powerless who could do nothing. He cursed and blamed himself for what he saw of Jungkook. The guilt was known to him and none.

Running his hand roughly through his hair he laughed suddenly and looked up at Jimin who was surprised and said, "You know chim, life is just not fair... it always takes away the most coveted thing of your life and when you start learning to live without it, it...", he paused and looked away from him. Jimin did see his grief stricken eyes and the traces of the little smile long gone.

Jimin could read pain and a mute plea in his eyes. He placed a comforting hand on his and sensed something different in Taehyung today, unlike every time he spoke to him about moving ahead in life. He would always be lost and confined to himself, but today something was different, he had voiced his feelings for the very first time.
Jimin felt as if someone had freshly stabbed again on those wounds that had healed long ago.

'Tae, What is the...', Jimin stopped when his phone rang. He excused himself and moved towards his room to answer the call. Taehyung was left all alone amidst his sudden uproar of emotions. He could still not believe that fate actually brought Jungkook in front of him, finally. It was the moment he had been waiting for but why were his lips sealed? He thought. Why couldn't he utter even a single word out of all he wanted to say? Had he not been looking for him all these years? Had he not wished that god would give him just one chance to meet him and apologize for what he did to him? Had he not always hoped that Jungkook would understand him and would forgive him? What stopped him today?

Engulfed in so many unanswered questions and unable to fight his emotions he sighed and buried his face in his palms feeling choked. He felt as if his life suddenly reversed back and every moment with Jungkook flashed in front of his eyes. The pleasant ones were many and each fresh in his mind as if they had occurred just yesterday.

Flashback

4 Years Back

" Kookie! I am still confused. Why aren't you quitting this work and joining this firm who is ready to offer twice the amount you are earning right now?'' Taehyung asked him.

Jungkook had appeared again for another interview and cleared it too, this time the work profile matching his perfectly but he had refused it yet again. Since his father's retirement, Jungkook had taken up a programer's job at a small consultancy and had been working while he pursued his masters.

He had insisted to work then as he wanted to support his family financially. His younger brother worked too, but Jungkook convinced his brother that he save his earnings for his future than spend it unnecessarily.

Taehyung was very proud of him and respected that he did so much for his family. He knew Jungkook would never take his financial help and so the least he did to help him was getting the best openings for jobs suiting his profile. He attended each and every interview that Taehyung had suggested only to keep up his word to him.

"Tae! I agree this firm is paying me twice than what I am earning but the workplace is too far and...'', he trailed off as he looked away.

"And?'' Taehyung echoed him in a questioning tone.

Jungkook continued to look down playing with the pen in his hand and reasoned, "I'll get tired with the traveling tae."

Taehyung remained silent for a while. Jungkook's reasoning did not convince him like it always would. Taehyung raised his chin  with his finger and looked deep into his eyes and said, "A boy who can travel to an orphanage 30 kms away every Sunday  to only play with the small children there intending to bring some smile on their faces, can't travel 8 Kms for his own sake?''

Jungkook was dumbfounded. How did this man read his mind, he wondered. He sighed as he knew he could not lie to taehyung further. He finally gave in and explained, "Tae, Seo joon Sir needs me... At this moment when his firm is in trouble post the breaking up of his partnership with Yugyeom Sir, he needs an experienced employee like me to cater to the kind of work he is trying to bring in to revive his firm."

"But kookie, what about you?'' Taehyung asked a little irritated.

Jungkook smiled to see Taehyung so concerned for him. He knew all he said and did was for his good and he also knew that Taehyung would definitely understand what he meant to say.

"You asked me this question a year back and back then my answer had brought a big smile on your face and relief when I told you that I had joined Seo joon Sir. He helped me when I needed the most, when I knew these MNCs offering me twice my salary today would not even have considered my application as I had no masters degree then.''

Jungkook looked at him and noted his creased forehead now relaxing a little, his eyes still reflecting true concern. Holding his hand gingerly he said, "I know you mean good for me, but I don't think you would approve of me being thankless to the person by moving out when he needs me the most. Had he not helped me then, I wouldn't have completed my masters today and most certainly would not have been holding this offer letter in my hand today. I am just being grateful and thankful to him for helping me at the time of need.''

Taehyung knew Jungkook's generous nature very well and was always very fond of his thoughtfulness, but there was something else that Taehyung felt had touched his heart deeply that day. He kept looking at him and the smile after those words of wisdom remained etched in his mind forever.

It was the realization moment when Taehyung felt he'd lost his heart to Jungkook. He felt something more for him and a feeling to have him in his life forever made way to his heart. THIS was the man he knew he wanted to commit his life to and fulfill each and every aspect of the commitments. THIS was the man he knew, whom he wanted to make happy and realize all his dreams to truth. THIS was the man he knew, was desirable and he desired his companionship for all his life. THIS was the man he'd lost his heart to.

"Where are you lost Mr.Kim Taehyung?", Yoongi's voice interrupted Taehyung and he snapped out of his thoughts. Suddenly he could hear all the hooting and cheering and the ruckus the children made.

"Hi hyung! How have you been?" Taehyung hugged yoongi cheerfully who was trying to remove the clingy bear off him.

Finally, yoongi returned his warm hug and patted his shoulder lovingly. "Am sorry! Am late...but all well!" Both of them sat and made themselves comfortable as Taehyung asked, "When did you come?"

"When you were lost in some thoughts and this smile refused to leave your face", jimin said coming from side pointing at him. Jimin just knew what or rather who was on his mind, the only person who, when crossed Taehyung's thoughts could bring this delightful smile.

He had only heard about him, about Jeon Jungkook from Taehyung but had never seen him. He was gone from Taehyung's life when he first heard about him from Taehyung. Despite knowing things Jimin never questioned Taehyung about it as it always brought disappointment to his soulmate and as ever, even today he did not want that to happen.

"You know it makes me so happy to be with hyung, you and children and today it being a special day for our junior jimin, I am happier than ever." Taehyung said chirpily.

Yoongi and Taehyung spent some quality time together chatting and catching up on their favorite topics one after another. Jimin kept shuffling from being the birthday boy's father to a long lost buddy. His complaint register against Yoongi was opened too which Taehyung laughed it off much to yoongi's surprise. Yoongi had secured a very notable position in his company and shared about the progress on his work front with Taehyung.

"There can be nothing better than sitting with an friend with a drink and be nostalgic!" Yoongi stated cheerfully. Taehyung participated in the talks, but Jungkook was constantly at the back of his mind. He could just not get him or his thoughts out his mind.

Yoongi excused himself to make another drink for the two, leaving Taehyung alone.   

Taehyung got up and stepped out into the balcony to get some fresh air.  He looked at the sky and watched the moon shining brightly recollecting one of the most painful memories of his life...

Flashback
4years ago

''I love you Taehyung and I can't think of my life without you'', Jungkook declared in a serious tone.

And what followed this was a complete silence. Taehyung froze in his place. His heart fluttered and he kept looking at Jungkook. Neither of them blinked even once. In the quieter part of the evening both stood still and speechless only their racing heartbeats audible. The soft wind blowing their hair was the only movement in that frozen moment.

After a long pause Taehyung broke the silence, "I am sorry Jungkook, I have always loved you as a friend and..." he stopped. He turned and looked away from the doe eyed male and tightly clutched the bars of the large swing that stood there.

Jungkook could see him escaping his eyes. He flinched and feared as he saw Taehyung's hold on the bars of the swing getting strong. His curled fists seemed like he was holding back his intense feelings than let it out as heart breaking words.

'...and?' Jungkook urged him to complete his sentence.  

Taehyung hesitated, but composed himself and turned to see him again and said, "I have always loved you as a friend and nothing more than that Jungkook...I am sorry to break your heart, but it's better to clear your doubts than give you any false hopes..and nothing more than that Jungkook...I am sorry!!'

Taehyung's words kept echoing in his ears. Every time the words repeated in his mind it broke him into thousands of pieces...Such that they can never be gathered into one where love could reside ever again.

Taehyung could see the younger's pent up emotions slowly break free and flow along with his tears.
"It's unfortunate Jungkook, that God chose me to break your heart." Taehyung tried to comfort him. "I  respect your feelings, but I'm sorry I...I cannot reciprocate them..." he paused. "The way you feel for me or the way I feel for you does not change our friendship at all... I was and I shall always be there as a friend for you, forever..."

'How ironical!', Jungkook thought. 'The one who broke my heart is the one who offers his shoulder too to cry on.' , Jungkook laughed softly and wiped his tears before he spoke, "I know and I trust that too Taehyung. All I want is to see you happy...and if that means your happiness is with someone else but me... I am fine with it."

He took in a sharp breath and continued, "All the best and remember there is one heart that shall always pray for your happiness."

Taehyung could see, it was not just Jungkook eyes, but even his heart wept!

That was the last he saw of Jungkook who'd actually come to bid him goodbye. The younger chose that day to finally voice his feelings before Taehyung was gone. Jungkook expected Taehyung to stay, but eventually it was the younger who walked away not just from there, but from his life with a smile despite a broken heart. Taehyung knew Jungkook would never hate him for what he did to him, for the younger loved him more than that...

That moonlit night and the one sided voiced confessions of love became a life altering incident in their life. That changed the perspective of their life...

That night had been the most difficult one for both. While Jungkook wept all alone, Taehyung shared his grief to the lonely moon who silently witnessed this unfortunate last exchange of words...some spoken and some unspoken.......

****
Suddenly a small pair of hands grasped Taehyung's suit and he felt someone hide behind him. The little kid distracted Taehyung's thoughts and before he could turn around and see who it was, the child ran from behind him towards the other kid and fell as he slipped.

Taehyung hurriedly went forward and helped the kid up. "Be careful, my boy! Are you alright?"  Taehyung asked and looked at the kid.

"Thank you once again buddy!", Chanyeol smiled when he recognized the gentle hold on his hand.

"Hey Chanyeol! What are you doing here?", Taehyung inquired. He most certainly was happy to see him once again.

"It's yoonmin's birthday, he is my best friend and has invited me to celebrate his birthday, but what are you doing here?", Chanyeol asked innocently.

"well, I've come here for yoonmin's birthday who is actually my best friend's son!" Taehyung quipped.

"Oh  wow!! That means you and I both have best friends and so we both are friends too".

'Yes!', Taehyung laughed and ruffled his hair before Chanyeol was pulled in by yoonmin to continue the game.

"Smart kid!"  Taehyung commented as he joined yoongi back on the couch.

Yoongi turned around to see who Taehyung was talking about. "Chanyeol? Oh yes, he is really smart!"  yoongi replied and sipped his favorite scotch from his glass.

"But sadly the child is not blessed like others...god has been very unfair to him..."

'Why so?' , Taehyung asked curiously.

'The little boy lost his father when he was just a year old. He doesn't even know his father is no more.' Yoongi replied with a hint of pity of in his voice.

Taehyung's fears turned true... Chanyeol indeed lived a hope that his papa innocently gave him to not break his heart.

He was about to mention about Chanyeol to Yoongi and tell him that Chanyeol was Jungkook's son. But after what he just heard he decided to remain quiet as it was not the right time yet to disclose that Park Jungkook was actually Jeon Jungkook he loves.

"He is actually our neighbor... His father has brought him up so well..." yoongi continued as he admired the little kid playing with his son.

"Jungkook has had a hard life..." , Taehyung murmured to himself adding more to his guilt and continued to sip his scotch in silence.

2962 words
I hope you. Like this part. Anyways I love you guys 💜💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 375 14
City of Love .. It is not just a random name given to the capital of France.. It is perfect description anyone who visited the French capital would g...
451K 19.7K 50
"I am sorry Jungkook"Namjoon~ "Hyung?"teary eyes~ ~~ "THE FUCK YOU WANT?"~Taehyung shouted "I...I am..so..rry"Jungkook said and looked down Jungkook...
396K 16.2K 42
in which story taehyung respect jungkook no matter what and always trust him....But never said I love you to his most beloved husband....why?? let's...
131K 7.7K 54
"I don't know where our relationship will go. Loving same gender is consider as a sin here - " the talking man cut off by other man who suddenly pull...