I should be your Beta, not yo...

LeseMate által

Kyran Crimson. The future Beta of his pack. However, his future was vague because he wasn't just a normal B... Több

Introduction
Prologue - Defective
1 - Back
2 - »Those eyes...«
3 - Live or die?
4 - Kyran August Joffrey Yldiz Crimson
5 - Mental break-down
6 - Coffee
7 - Vision
8 - Swimming
9 - Training
10 - Kiss
11 - He is a hunter
12 - The Lycans
13 - Old friends
14 - »Don't you want to stay over?«
15 - Deja-vu
16 - Witch
17 - Lunch
18 - Fynniboy
19 - Stories over stories
20 - Gesture
21 - Achoo!
22 - A cold
23 - My Alpha
24 - Christmas party ends in a disaster
25 - Christmas presents on New Year's Eve
26 - Black eye
27 - Dreams and Teams
28 - Class picture
29 - Virgin
30 - Captain
31 - Studying with wolf
32 - Dispute
33 - Drunk
34 - Hey, I'm Valentin and you, cutie?
35 - Enzo
36 - Moat
37 - Alpha, Luna, Beta, Omega
38 - Movie
39 - Brothers
40 - Pet name
41 - Birthday
42 - Beta
43 - Morning afterwards
44 - News
45 - Elias
46 - Hanny
47 - Home
48 - The future is bullshit
50 - Swap
51 - Calm before the storm
52 - Truth
53 - The time goes by
54 - Arrived
55 - Second act
56 - Vacation
57 - Austria
58 - Black Death
59 - Life
60 - Birth
61 - End
62 - Safe
Epilogue 1.0
Epilogue 2.0
Epilogue 3.0 Alternative ending
Side-Story: 1
Side-Story: 2
Side-Story: 3
Side-Story: 4
Side-Story: 5
Side-Story: 6
Side-Story: 7
Side-Story: 8
Side-Story: 9
Side-Story: 10
Side-Story: 11
Side-Story: 12
Side-Story: 13
Side-Story: 14
Side-Story: 15
Side-Story: 16
Side-Story: 17
Side-Story: 18
Afterword

49 - Rescue?

227 10 1
LeseMate által

I had never seen Maxim drive so fast. I, of course, was aware that he mostly drove fast when he needed to get to the hospital for an operation quickly but driving this fast risked our own life's.

Sometimes I even had the feeling the car was flying when we drove when the road went a little downwards.

I knew we needed to get to the hospital quickly and that was probably the reason why Maxim speeded the car so fast. After all, the life of the Luna of his pack was at risk.

Squeezing my lips together, I clung harder at my seat and the dashboard of the car. Speed good be nice – this was a direct drive to hell.

Maybe Maxim should stop being a doctor and be a racer.

»Kyran, call May and tell her that we needed to go to the hospital. Don't tell her the details, she already had enough to do with Elias. Only tell her about the operation,« he ordered and I immediately loosened my hard clasp on the dashboard and pulled out my phone from the pocket of my jacket.

May shouldn't worry if we weren't at home – unannounced.

The call rang for a long time, nobody answered. Maxim noticed too that nobody answered before I could say anything.

»Okay, she probably left her phone at home.«

Strained, he frowned and passed another driver who honked and just when we pulled over before him the engine howled and we drove even quicker.

»Is she together with Naika and Toby?« I asked and immediately he nodded. Then I had one person I could call.

Quickly I looked for his contact and the call didn't even need to ring two times before he answered.

»Kyran? What do you want?« Fynn's annoyed voice sounded.

As much as he always was annoyed with the sounds when he got new messages or calls, he never put his notification on silent – for emergencies. And I could let Fynn win a fight without any resistance for that right now.

»Fynn, are May and the others with you?«

»Yes, what do you want?«

»Perfect, tell them that Pa and I need to go to the hospital because of an emergency. You just shouldn't worry when we aren't at home.«

»Sure. What's happened?«

»I can't tell you the details.«

And then I hung up and already saw the massive building of the hospital.

Maxim parked where normally only ambulances could halt and that with such a stop that my body jerked forward. Together we jumped out of the dark blue race car and ran inside the building.

Instead of taking the elevator we ran up the stairs and on the right floor doctor Hue quickly walked up to us. He would have done the operation if it was possible, but this wasn't his area of expertise whatever awaited us.

»Room 2,« he informed us when we ran to the changing room and put on the dark blue gowns. With giant and quick steps, we hastened to the operation room and on the way, he read all the information about the injuries.

»Maxim!«

Both of the doctors stopped and looked together with me to the Alpha who supported his body by holding on to the doorframe.

»Save my wife and child.«

The sight of him looked so desperate that it tore me apart from the inside and at the same time it gave me the strength to do my best. The operation couldn't fail.

»Kyran and I will do our best possible to save Luna Tiana,« Maxim answered with such a stern expression that I knew there was something in the information that needed a miracle to save Luna Tiana.

»You will be there too?« Alpha Benjamin addressed me.

»Yes, Alpha,« I answered and lowered my head to respect him, though something inside of me, what I never had felt before, fought against me showing this kind of respect.

My will resisted to lower my head before an Alpha – in this case, Alpha Benjamin.

Probably because of my new rank as a Luna. I didn't need to lower myself before an Alpha, because he and I were of the same rank now. Even though I wanted to show Alpha Benjamin my respect.

»Be helpful. If you can't be, then I will take my right that those marks on your body allow me to.«

I only nodded, without any expression on my face. He had the right and though my life was on the line, I would understand if he went crazy. If he didn't die the moment his wife died.

And then we ran further, put on the rest of our operation gowns, washed our hands and put masks on and stepped into the operation gowns.

Luna Tiana looked horrifying.

One of her legs was turned in a way it should be and was pointed in an unnatural direction. The bone was stuck out of one of her legs.

Her face was full of deep wounds. Inside her body stuck smaller and bigger fragments of glass, just like the gearshift was stuck in her shoulder.

Her whole body was full of smaller and bigger hematoma, mostly in the area of her stomach, which could mean that some of her organs could have been squeezed or hurt. Probably dozens of bleedings from the inside.

»Ready?« Maxim asked and stood on the right side of the table – on the side of the sticking out bone – while I stood on the left side – the shoulder with the gearshift.

»My life is on the line. And we can't let Tiana die.«

Maxim laughed with a snort. »No, we can't let that happened.«

And then we started the operation - doctor Hue and two other doctors and nurses helped too.

***

For fucking 15 hours were we inside the operation room and my legs screamed for rest.

We had her over the mountain and as much saved as we could. For the rest, we could only rely on her healing ability.

The hardest part were her organs that were terribly damaged.

The only thing that didn't cause any problems was her child. She probably did everything in her power to protect her baby while the car crashed.

The whole operation was complicated but together with Maxim and the other doctors who joined when they were needed, we could make everything work out. Well, inside the operation room at least.

»Stitch the last wounds up and bring her to her room,« I said to the assistants and then looked at Maxim who leaned against the wall, exhausted.

»She's alive, the baby too. And I thought I should give up hope,« he breathed.

»She's truly alive. And that thanks to us.«

He looked up and nodded. »I told you could do it, though you still need to study medicine.«

»That still doesn't give me the permission to be involved in an operation. And I didn't do very much. You guys did much more.«

We went against too many rules. Everyone that knew of this could go to prison and that was most of the staff of the hospital.

»We will make it work out,« he said and got up. »Let us inform the Alpha now. He probably goes crazy by now.«

We got off the gowns, hairnets and the facemask and left the room.

We didn't even need to go far because Alpha Benjamin still waited inside the waiting room and with him was the rest of the Ramsay family, with Fynn and Cassian.

My heart squeezed by the sight of him. What was he doing here?

»Alpha Benjamin,« Maxim got everyone's attention.

Immediately, his head jerked to us. He wanted to jump up but May pulled him back on his chair. The concussion must have been pretty hard, and must still affect him.

The broken bones were healed by now. The healing of an Alpha and Omega had a distance of miles between each other, that could be seen clearly now.

Luna Tiana would take months until all her wounds were healed. On the other hand, with enough rest, Alphas Benjamin was back on his legs tomorrow.

»How is she?« In his eyes was so much despair, that I looked at Maxim who looked at me too and nodded.

»We still need to keep an eye on her damaged organs. And needed to support her neck. There were complications with her nerves to the legs which is why we needed to implant a metal plate in her neck to support the nerve system for the time being, only until the healing process healed all her nerves on its own. However, it could also be that the damage was too severe so it may be that we can never remove the plate. We corrected her bones and removed the gearshift. The wounds from the glass fragments got stitches together, but may leave scars,« I concluded, though it wasn't everything we had to do.

He just shouldn't get to know everything at the start. With his pale face I worried that he would collapse with another word.

»Do I need to make my promise come true, Kyran? Or do I not?« His voice showed so many emotions that it caught me off guard. Fear, despair, anger, hate and even though, a lack of emotions.

»No worries, no promise needs to be fulfilled. She is alive and just gets brought to her room.«

Relief washed over his face before fear welled up again. »And our child?«

»Alive and the smallest problem from the whole operation,« Maxim answered calmly, but still had a thoughtful and cold expression on his face - concentrated and calm. If he looked like this, I didn't want to know how I looked.

»Can I... Can I go to her?«

Softly Maxim and I nodded and not even a second later, Alpha Benjamin passed us in a sprint, though Maxim warned him with a yell that he shouldn't run with his concussion.

Annoyed, he closed his eyes and massaged the space between his eyebrows. »I only want to sleep,« he grumbled and let himself drop on the chairs and I was right next to him.

»Who are you, to tell me that?« Relieved I breathed out and put my legs on the chairs and claimed four chairs of my own when I lied down.

»Since when are you here? Kyran told you that we needed to go to the hospital. You didn't have to come,« Maxim said and laid down too.

»We were on the way to Luna Tiana because she told me to come visit her with Elias yesterday. And when we arrived at their home, Ines was there and told us about the car crash,« May explained. Ines was the wife of the Beta.

The exhaustion hit me like a hammer and gladly, I would sleep right here, right now.

»We immediately drove here and found Alpha Benjamin how he collapsed.«

»It must have been the time when Tiana's heart stopped beating for a moment,« I mumbled and squinted my eyes beneath my arms that I had put over them to shut out the lights.

»Fortunately, you could save her,« Naika said.

»If not, I would drop dead by now,« I mumbled and yawned. I only wanted to go to bed.

»Excuse me?« Toby asked, disbelieving.

»Not important. We saved her, everyone is happy, lets bake a cake.«

»Actually... Kyran, our flight takes off in three and a half hours,« Naika said carefully.

Groaning, I sat up. »You brought all our stuff with you?«

She nodded. »Everything's in the car.«

Shortly I looked down on Maxim. »I won't allow you to drive with your race car like this. It's already enough that we had that suicidal drive before.«

He lifted his arms in defense. »I will take a nap inside the nurse room. Have fun with your flight back.«

Exhausted, I got up and stretched my sore limbs.

»I will quickly change,« I whispered and walked to the changing room where I changed many hours ago. Finished, I left the room and bumped into someone.

»Kyran, could we maybe talk?«

Only his voice shot Goosebumps and shivers over my back and actually every cell of my body enjoyed his company, but not right now. I was too tired for this. And I would spit only more mean words if we talked now.

»Cassian, I just had a fifteen-hour long operation. I'm exhausted, I only want to sleep and have no energy at all to have a conversation with you.«

As I looked up to him, I saw him flinch.

Stressed I drove my fingers through my hair.

»Just leave me alone. I can't endure you being close to me right now.«

My head was throbbing and I was irritated. I couldn't talk to him clearly. Not now. I needed distance.

And with that said, I walked past him and let him be there, frozen to a statue.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

19.2K 876 30
Luka Knight isn't exactly having "fun" with his life as the next heir of his pack. Cursed with a spirit wolf who would roast his ass with every remar...
193K 6.8K 15
[NOTICE BEFORE READING] This story is currently being remade. I will not be posting any more chapters in this story but I may post any notices that c...
101K 5K 25
•BOOK TWO OF SHIFTER SERIES• ~COMPLETED~ Theseus Castellan was stolen in the dead of night by a mysterious man called Blade. Blade was a bounty...
1.4M 44.1K 40
*THE EDITED VERSION OF THIS BOOK IS ON TAPAS* Samuel Wolf, a low-life omega who gets abused by his pack at home and by his bullies at school, can't t...